PDA

View Full Version : 4e Chaos Warlock

NerdyFool
2014-01-08, 04:26 AM
I'm unsure if this belongs in 4e or homebrew.
My DM created an NPC that was a warlock, but rather than a normal pact, he had tied himself to the Chaos plane. My character died and he asked me to make and run that NPC. He wasnt me to create a unique flavor for this warlock rather than using one of the default pacts. This allows me a lot of flexibility in creation, but I don't know where to begin. I'm looking for ideas. I've looked into the chaos sorcerer, but it seems so different that nothing came to mind.

I just need ideas for new powers and what the warlocks curse could do. I still need it to be balanced with what 4e regularly offers.

Volcan
2014-01-08, 04:48 PM
well your warlocks curse doesnt really change due to your pact usually but the powers could be simulir to those of a sorceror maybe?

NerdyFool
2014-01-08, 10:11 PM
You are correct, the curse doesn't change. What I meant was the bonus the warlock gets from a cursed enemy dying. For example with the fey pact the warlock can immediately teleport 3 squares, infernal gets temporary hitpoints equal to level, star pact gets a +1 bonus on a d20 roll the next turn.

dariathalon
2014-01-08, 11:39 PM
Well there is already an elemental pact warlock out there. (I believe in heroes of the elemental chaos, iirc.) I don't personally like that pact too much, but it would fit since you're talking about tying him to the elemental chaos.

A quick summary is...

At each rest you roll to determine what your current elemental affinity is. You can choose to set it to whatever element you want when you second wind, but it will re-randomize after a rest. You have the option of making many of your attacks deal your elemental affinity damage type instead of their normal damage type.

The at-will power, chromatic bolt, attacks at range 10 and then splashes some damage over onto a secondary target. Worth noting that the attack itself is cha based, but the splashed damage is con based.

The pact boon is, when your previous cursed target dies, the next target you put a curse on gains vulnerability (5/10/15 based on tier) to your elemental affinity that lasts until the curse ends. It stacks with any vulnerability the target already has and lasts until the curse ends.

Not exactly homebrew, I know, but I figured if it suits your needs then you won't even need to worry about homebrew.

NerdyFool
2014-01-09, 01:30 AM
Thank you dariathalon. I hadn't heard of that before, but I think that will work.