PDA

View Full Version : sentient constructs (3.5)

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 06:51 AM
is there any fast and easily repeatable way of making a large amount of sentient constructs?

i dont care about how much it costs (although, it would be nice to know), at the moment i just care about the process

thank you for any and all suggestions

Greenish
2014-01-08, 07:33 AM
Build a Creation Forge. Pop out warforged at 6k a pop.

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 07:36 AM
Build a Creation Forge. Pop out warforged at 6k a pop.

creation forge?

6000 warforged? how often?

Greenish
2014-01-08, 07:38 AM
creation forge?It's an Eldritch Machine used for building warforged.

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 07:47 AM
where can i find that?

Greenish
2014-01-08, 07:49 AM
where can i find that?ECS, RoE, places. It's not described to any detail beyond "used to create warforged", though, being pure fiat.

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 07:51 AM
ECS, RoE, places. It's not described to any detail beyond "used to create warforged", though, being pure fiat.

ECS?
RoE?

so, all that i can find out for sure is that it makes warforged? :smallconfused:

Psyren
2014-01-08, 07:51 AM
In Pathfinder you can build Robots, which are a construct subtype that gets a minimum of 10 Int and can learn feats and skills.

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 07:53 AM
i wonder if i could use the forge, make warforged, then get the warforged to make more forges..

Greenish
2014-01-08, 08:08 AM
i wonder if i could use the forge, make warforged, then get the warforged to make more forges..The mighty overgod Pun-Pun does not tolerate hegemonizing swarms.

Darrin
2014-01-08, 08:10 AM
unseenmage appears to have already done this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323062). A magical trap with minor servitor (Savage Species) is probably the simplest method, but he also threw in there awaken sand, create crawling claw, true creation, War Spell, 400 spellclocks, and a few kitchen sinks. This post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16718959&postcount=18) describes the process, and this post tackles the math (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16725199&postcount=34).

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 08:11 AM
The mighty overgod Pun-Pun does not tolerate hegemonizing swarms.

i'm the DM and i'll make as big a swarm as i want :smallbiggrin:

i did see that thread (or most of it) i was curious if there was a faster way to get more constructs (my back up plan is a plane that moves at some ridiculous speed (maybe each day on the material plane equalling 10k days in there) and setting off those spell clocks)

Coidzor
2014-01-08, 01:16 PM
It's not fast, but Rudimentary Intelligence makes any constructs intelligence, so that's reliable, at least.

Fastest way I can think of is to just make your twinked out Shadesteel Golem and then start up an Ice Assassin loop till you have the desired number of Ice Assassin Shadesteel Golems. Also, cheesiest.

The mighty overgod Pun-Pun does not tolerate hegemonizing swarms.

Now that's a good term. :smallamused:

Greenish
2014-01-08, 01:23 PM
Now that's a good term. :smallamused:Shamelessly stolen from Iain M. Banks' Culture series.

Somensjev
2014-01-08, 01:28 PM
It's not fast, but Rudimentary Intelligence makes any constructs intelligence, so that's reliable, at least.

Fastest way I can think of is to just make your twinked out Shadesteel Golem and then start up an Ice Assassin loop till you have the desired number of Ice Assassin Shadesteel Golems. Also, cheesiest.

would you be able to explain more in depth (sorry, i'm curious about the more fine details of it)

Coidzor
2014-01-08, 02:38 PM
would you be able to explain more in depth (sorry, i'm curious about the more fine details of it)

I'm not sure of the exact specifics offhand, but I've seen is that a certain interpretation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16654158&postcount=67) of wish can get one the shadesteel golem in the first place, or at least Fabricate for the body + Fast Time Plane for the magic item creation part for the first one.

I'm there's a way to get Ice Assassin up and running without using self-resetting traps on fast-time demiplanes created using wish loops, but if you're using wish loops, just setting up a wish loop for the Shadesteel Golems seems to cut out a few steps.

Phelix-Mu
2014-01-08, 07:04 PM
Rudimentary Intelligence is the best way to give normal MM golems and such Intelligence, but it requires the DM permitting Dragon Magazine material. You should be able to find a reference with a google search, but I believe it's an enhancement during creation (and possibly capable of being added on later) that gives the construct an Int score = 1/2 your caster level. Which is crazy, because CL pumping is pretty doable in almost any instance. I believe it either costs 6000gp or 8000gp...somewhere in that ballpark. Thus, it's really affordable in the grand scale of things (especially considering the cost of using awaken construct a bunch of times).