PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Incarnum, would it work?

GutterFace
2014-01-08, 10:43 AM
Ill do a quick break down, Just checking the validity of this.

Incarnate 1 / Fighter 3 / Warchief 1 / ???

get Necroarnum Shroud. get 20 hired level 1 Fighters (really any level will do, level 1 is cheap!)

have them form a "box" around you, 10' in diameter. see below. "0" represents me

XXX
XXXXX
XX0XX
XXXXX
XXX

Turn on Frenzy from Warchief. Shroud powers up. Fire your bow. Profit?

now i know there is probably way better ways to optimize, but im just working through this idea. is it legit?

i know the fighters take 1 damage per round her HD (1). im using it to fuel the Shroud.

secondary question. if i game them each a tower shield, would i be surrounded in cover?

GutterFace
2014-01-08, 10:44 AM
the box wont come out right. but you should get the idea.

Psyren
2014-01-08, 11:03 AM
Your diagram is a 10' radius, not diameter. Also, I don't think the Shroud's bonus stacks or builds in any way as it is typed, so you'd only get +1 total.

What's Warchief from?

GutterFace
2014-01-08, 11:08 AM
Warchief is from the Miniatures handbook

if the Shroud's profane bonus did not stack that would be something i need for my question if this worked or not.

strider24seven
2014-01-08, 01:19 PM
Stacking
In most cases, modifiers to a given check or roll stack (combine for a cumulative effect) if they come from different sources and have different types (or no type at all), but do not stack if they have the same type or come from the same source (such as the same spell cast twice in succession). If the modifiers to a particular roll do not stack, only the best bonus and worst penalty applies. Dodge bonuses and circumstance bonuses however, do stack with one another unless otherwise specified.

Necrocarnum Shroud provides a profane bonus.

GutterFace
2014-01-08, 01:36 PM
well then, Shroud is the worst soul meld ever!

thanks for clearing that up