PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Planescape (Recruitment Closed)

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-08, 11:33 AM
It wasn't long after I got into RPGs that my brother lent me his box of Planescape stuff. I was very young, so I honestly didn't understand most of it, but there was one thing in particular that I loved: The Player's Primer to the Outlands CD. I listened to it all the time. And then I later discovered Planescape: Torment, regarded as one of the best written RPGs ever. So, it likely does not come as a surprise that I am in love with the setting of Planescape.

And yet, I've never played in a Planescape game. It's agonizing, to say the least. As such, I hope to correct this terrible mistake by putting up this thread in search of a GM and fellow players who are also interested in the setting of Planescape. However, unlike other recruitment threads, I decided to leave the option of system open to help in the search. Plus, at this point, I'm open to playing just about any system as long as we're playing Planescape.

Admittedly, my first interest would be in 13th Age or Pathfinder, but, like I said, I'm willing to try something else. FATE, 3.5, AD&D 2nd, HERO, whatever.

hoverfrog
2014-01-08, 11:45 AM
There's some excellent conversion material available from planewalker (http://www.planewalker.com/). I'd be very interested in playing in this once the Big 16 are up.

Griffith!
2014-01-08, 12:08 PM
I love planescape myself, but many games don't seem to go anywhere.

I think 13th age would work oddly well with the setting, and the 3.5 conversion works pretty well with Pathfinder, so I'd say either of those.

Ionbound
2014-01-08, 01:07 PM
Planescape? Oh yeah. I'm playing in this for sure.

kabukiman1973
2014-01-09, 04:25 AM
I will be interested in playing a game in Planescape. About the rules, I would prefer AD&D and D&D 3.5.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-15, 10:03 AM
Still no interested GMs? Surely there's someone who loves running Planescape as much as I would love playing it.

Eonas
2014-01-16, 12:38 AM
Okay! I think Planescape seems like the coolest thing ever, and I've been voraciously reading through the rulebook.

I'd love to DM this using D&D 3.5. The Planewalker site seems to be down for me right now, though, and it'll take me another day or two to finish reading the book. But I oughta be ready to DM this thing for you after that, berks. If you're okay with having a DM who's a total Planescape n00b, that is If not, I totally understand.

hoverfrog
2014-01-16, 02:36 AM
Awesome and thanks Eonas. Do you have a rough idea of the level so we can prepare while you put up the Big 16? I've wanted to play a Githzerai Athar monk for ages.

Magatsu Izanagi
2014-01-16, 02:56 AM
I'd be willing to end my PbP sabbatical for the sake of Planescape, but not if it's 3.5. Looks like you've already made your system choice, though, so back to my sabbatical I go...

Eonas
2014-01-16, 03:09 AM
Let's just say Level 1 for right now. 26 point buy, max HP at first level, and... I don't think I have anything else to mention right now. I'd suggest you all work together to make a party which isn't just well-balanced, but also has a certain camaraderie element. Maybe some of your characters are siblings, or whatever. (In fact, I'd personally suggest making your characters have a at-game-start connection with at least two other characters, Fiasco-style).

Though, I might be going for accelerated experience (or just gratituous level gains, if I decide to do away with XP altogether - as I very well might, actually). Just so that you'll get to see more of the world. I dunno at this point.

DrunkenMists
2014-01-16, 03:57 AM
I find most planescape games tend to be Sandboxes; and well, planescape has almost too much available material for that to work out very well.
Least from what I know of planescape.

I would like to show early interest. But what to play? Hmm.

Would you be at all open to homebrew base classes? (Obviousally based on checking with you; but nice to know if it's even an option at all.)

hoverfrog
2014-01-16, 07:37 AM
Let's just say Level 1 for right now. 26 point buy, max HP at first levelDrat, Githzerai is out then. Unless you want to allow it and offset the +2 LA later?

DrunkenMists
2014-01-16, 09:36 AM
Drat, Githzerai is out then. Unless you want to allow it and offset the +2 LA later?

*cough* Complete Psionics, Page 147 *cough*....

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-16, 10:04 AM
Fantastic!

Admittedly, I haven't played 3.5 in years, but I'll try and come up with something. Not really sure what to even go with. There's a lot to choose from.

Eonas
2014-01-16, 11:25 AM
I find most planescape games tend to be Sandboxes; and well, planescape has almost too much available material for that to work out very well.
Least from what I know of planescape.

I would like to show early interest. But what to play? Hmm.

Would you be at all open to homebrew base classes? (Obviousally based on checking with you; but nice to know if it's even an option at all.)

No, sandbox is completely fine. It's not like I'm going to design the contents of the entire cosmology right off the bat so that I'll be prepared whenever you do something unexpected. Now that would be difficult.

We-ell. To be honest, I don't like most homebrew - it's kind of an intuitive thing I have against it, plus just the extra effort of checking everything for balance (which I'm not very good at doing, bu the way). If you reeeally want to use a particular homebrew item, then put it by me. But don't get your hopes up.

hoverfrog
2014-01-16, 11:38 AM
*cough* Complete Psionics, Page 147 *cough*....I tip my hat to you in thanks.

hoverfrog
2014-01-17, 10:29 AM
Starting gold for a monk [roll0]

WIP:

Zzin'rith'tor of the Long Claws (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423970)
Male Lawful Neutral Githzerai Monk, Level 1, Init +3, HP 8/8, Speed 40
AC 15, Touch 15, Flat-footed 12, Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 0 /2
Flurry of Blows (unarmed strikes) -1/-1 (1d6+1/1d6+1, x2)
Unarmed strike +1 (1d6+1, x2)
Sling (10) +3 (1d4, x2)
(+3 Dex, +2 Misc)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition None

DrunkenMists
2014-01-17, 11:15 AM
Could we perhaps get a 16? might get a few more interested that way; easier to reference what's needed to build too.

Eonas
2014-01-17, 07:31 PM
Okay. First, let me lay down Rule 0: If there's something in the game that you really don't like, or are not comfortable with, or disagree with, or whatever, tell me. If there's something that you really want to see (or not see) in the game, tell me. If I'm massacring the setting or making horrific mistakes with it, then definitely tell me (because there's a lot of info here, and there's probably a lot of stuff that I'll be missing). Tell me via OOC chat, or PM, or via handwritten letter wrapped in pink frilly ribbons... I don't care. I just want to hear any and all feedback you might have (which isn't to say I'll put all of your feedback into effect, but I'll give it all serious consideration).

Anyway, here's the 16.
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? D&D 3.5

2. Type'/variant of game: Planescape, perhaps modified slightly from the original setting just to properly acommodate the new rules and creatures and whatnot. But only slightly.

3. # of Players: 3-5 players. Possibly 6, but I'm most comfortable with 3-5.

4. Gaming medium: Giantitp

5. Characters' starting status: 0 XP.

6. Starting funds: WBL

7. Rules on Classes/Factions/PrCs/Homebrew: Almost any WotC-published classes or PrCs are allowed, as long as you're not going Pun-pun or something. I'm not sure about factions, but I think I'll leave faction decisions up to you players. You'd probably better not have two players play diametrically-opposed factions, though, like a Harmonium and an Anarch.

8. Races/Templates: WotC-published LA +0/+1 races and templates are okay, LA buyoff is allowed. I'd appreciate it if you don't do +2 LA.

9. Attributes/HP 26 point buy, max HP at first level and average later.

10. Alignment: Yes, I definitely use Alignment and you'd better roleplay yours. All alignments are okay, though again diametrically-opposed alignments might be problematic.

11. Multi-classing: Sure, but please don't go nuts.

12. Die-rolling: Some of my rolls are going to be public and some will be private. You get to roll for yourself, too. I'll occasionally roll for you in order to expedite things or for other reasons.

13. Homebrew and Variant rules: Um... not sure yet. Probably nothing big, if anything at all.

14. Backgrounds: Yes. Have a background and a personality. I also want you go 'Fiasco' and have an at-game-start connection with at least two other characters (e.g. siblings, childhood best friends, romantic partners, one owes the other a favor, both participated on a quest together, both share the same beliefs or interests, whatever). It's up to you guys to decide why you're all together.

15. What'll the game involve: Me being completely reactionary to your characters' actions. I'll open up a bunch of plot threads and a tiny subsection of the multiverse, and let you explore it all as you like. Probably there'll a lot of RP, some combat, and a couple puzzles (as well as a nice heaping dose of general weirdness). Of course, that'll all depend on what you decide to do. If you all wanted, you could go dungeon crawling the entire game, or go start up a school for orphaned Nymphlings, or try to work out the meaning of life, or all try and hook up with succubi/incubi, or try and become liches, or do a gigantic month-long interplanar pub-crawl, or... whatever. It's all up to you what you want to do ingame and what sort of playstyle you're looking for.

16. Sourcebook restrictions:WotC only, please. If you want a particular piece of homebrew really badly, you can ask.

Also, I really encourage everybody to work together throughout every phase of Chargen. In my experience, games are about 300% as fun when every PC is really well thought out with respect to the other PCs.

Tempestfury
2014-01-17, 07:40 PM
So, how would an LA+1 race work on the first level exactly? Wouldn't an LA+1 race be unable to take a class?

Eonas
2014-01-17, 07:47 PM
No, but it would take more experience to level. Whereas it takes a LA +0 1000 XP to get to level 2 and another 2000 to get to level 3, it takes a LA +1 character 2000 XP to get to level 2 and 3000 to get to 3.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-17, 07:52 PM
I'm looking through my books for ideas. In the meantime, I suggest playing Planescape: Torment if you haven't. It's a great introduction to the setting and it has a great story.

Ionbound
2014-01-17, 08:03 PM
Can I play a Half-Fiend? I know it's more LA than you want, but I really love the flavor of it and it works so well in Planescape.

Eonas
2014-01-17, 08:14 PM
Yup, Half-Fiends and Half-Celestials are fine. It's a pain buying the LA off, though.

I tried Planescape: Torment once. I'm not much of a fan of videogames, though, and put it down before even leaving the Mausoleum (I think that's what it's called?). Judging a book by its cover, yes. I'll have to try and pick it back up again someday. Not anytime soon, though.

Tempestfury
2014-01-17, 08:27 PM
No, but it would take more experience to level. Whereas it takes a LA +0 1000 XP to get to level 2 and another 2000 to get to level 3, it takes a LA +1 character 2000 XP to get to level 2 and 3000 to get to 3.

Hmmm... yeah... alright.

That mean I can play a level one Diopsid Warblade?

Eonas
2014-01-17, 08:38 PM
Yup, you can, if you like. Though races with a penalty to Int aren't always the best suited to being Warblades, of course.

Tempestfury
2014-01-17, 08:41 PM
Bah. Intelligance isn't that significant to Warblades. Sure, it helps their abilities, but Strength and Con are the main concerns

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-17, 09:33 PM
Currently, I'm thinking a Guvner Archivist. Either Human or Gnomish.

TheThan
2014-01-17, 09:35 PM
I'm interested.

my favorite group of NPCs that pop up in my game are a pair of con artists commonly called "the hellbourne sisters". they're tiefling siblings that hail from the city of sigil.

Carmella, the elder is a beguiler
while Raquel the younger is a rogue.

I'll probably submit Carmella as it's been a while since i've played a caster.

TheThan
2014-01-17, 11:22 PM
Rolling for beguiler gold

[roll0] x10

Reality Glitch
2014-01-17, 11:44 PM
Mind if I use this, my homebrew race? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16690616) To put ease on your judging, only the base-race, none of the castes, none of the feats, I'd like to use movement skills, but I can do w/o.

Eonas
2014-01-18, 12:04 AM
I like the concept of the Drakin, but to me it seems like a bit much for an LA +0 race. +2 to any attribute and any skill, 360' tactile blindsight (which is incredibly useful - 60' darkvision is what made WotC think half-orcs were balanced, and this is far far better), 4 free feats, plant subtype (which is incredibly also useful, needless to say - you basically get immunities like a warforged, plus immunity to mind-affecting effects shuts down a large portion of a wizard's spell list right there), the ability to choose between small and medium size... any 2-3 of those things could make a LA +1 character. What Drakin looks like to me (and this is just in my very inexperienced opinion) is an LA +2 or LA +3 race.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-18, 12:08 AM
Yes, but two of those feats are free for any character not just Drakin and most of those abilities are similar grade (Except the psi-likes and breathweapon) and come w/ a racial hit die, so no class levels at game start. Plus a very limited Weapon Proficiency, especially since I'm not using biotech.

TheThan
2014-01-18, 12:35 AM
well the nice thing about 1st level characters is that they typicaly don't take long to make.

Carmella Hellbourne (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=766589)

I'll get a background up in a bit.

backstory

Carmella, along with her sister Raquel, grew up on the mean streets of Sigil’s lower quarter. The two have become nearly inseparable and work together as a pair of con artists looking to lie, cheat, steal and gamble their way through life.
Somewhere along the way, Carmella has developed a natural talent for magic, which has matured into the perfect set of spells for one of her line of work. Together with Raquel, the two are a skilled team of con artists. Carmella is the face of the team and usually does all the talking, while Raquel gathers information on their mark and helps her sister out behind the scenes.

Recently the two were separated after a “job” went south and the two were forced to flee from their mark’s henchmen in a running battle. They both ran between a set of pillars, unbenowist to them, there were two portals to other planes. each portal went to a different plane, or at least a different place on the same plane. Carmella and Raquel stepped right through them.

Personality

Carmella is beautiful, sexy, sensual and not above using her “assets” to get what she wants. But she’s not a slut and she goes to great length to promise sex, but never deliver on that promise. She’s very friendly and has a knack for getting people to believe what she says.

But it’s all an elaborate illusion, an act. Carmella is really a very suspicious person, she assumes everyone is out to do to her what she does to others. In fact, there’s only really one person Carmella trusts implicitly, that’s her sister Raquel. Despite her confidence in her abilities, she’s always afraid and suspicious of other people, a carefully concealed but deep seated fear.

Appearance

Carmella is a beautiful tiefling woman. She has long dark red hair, jade green eyes and two large manicured horns that protrude from her forehead and sweep back over the crown of her head. Despite her buxom breast, she’s of average height, build and weight.
She wears a black leather corset and a maroon full length skirt, and knee high leather boots (complete with a dagger in the right boot). She wears jewelry when she can afford it, preferring the magical sort when available.

Friends and enemies:

Raquel Hellbourne -female tiefling rogue
Carmella’s younger sister, Raquel is the opposite in personality; she’s an unsociable, quite and sometimes violent individual. However she’s a talented burglar, pickpocket and all around thief. She typically works behind the scenes with Carmella, doing the leg work, and the “dirty” work. She doesn’t mind because at least she’s not trying to lie to people.

Khalid Nasim - male gensai sorcerer/elementl savant.
Khalid is a fire gensai spellcaster from the city of Brass. He visited Sigil to check out the Smoldering Corpse Bar in the Hive. He had heard tale of a human that is continually on fire, but alive. He traveled to the city to study the phenomenon and report back his findings. While studying the entity the bar was named after, he met Carmella. The two hit it off well, Khalid was charmed by her friendly personality. However their conversation was cut short by the outburst of a sudden barroom brawl (a favorite pastime in Sigil).
The two ducked out of the back and headed down the street together to get away from the ruckus. There they parted ways, but a budding friendship had blossomed. Now every time Khalid is in Sigil he makes it a point to drop by and say high to the charming scoundrel and her sister.
Khalid is one of the few true friends Carmella and Raquel have, he’s their go to source magical questions and answers.

Utu Gorehoof- Male minotaur fighter
Carmella and Utu met under fairly grim circumstances. Her sister Raquel was trying to break into a wealthy house as part of con job the two were planning on running against the owner of the house. Unfortunately things went south and Raquel was captured and locked up in the dungeon.
That’s where Raquel met Utu. Utu was a new comer to Sigil and he hadn’t quite learned the ropes. Due to his size he thought he could handle himself. He ended up unintentionally killing the son of the same nobleman that Carmella and Raquel were going to scam. It took 15 of the noble’s guards to take Utu down and drag him (fighting all the way) into his dungeon.
When Raquel didn’t come out of the house; Carmella knew something bad had happened, and she decided to go in after her. She managed to sneak into the dungeon and spring her sister, freeing Utu as well. The three managed to escape the dungeon and the house. Although Utu caused quite a ruckus, as big as he is, he doesn’t sneak around very well.
After giving the noblemen’s guards the laugh, the three laid low for a while. Utu eventually grew experienced in the ways of the city. He now works as a body guard, bouncer and all around mercenary for whomever happens to be willing to pay for his axe. He’s become a fairly well known basher that most people don’t want to mess with. when the Hellbourne sisters need some muscle, they know they can count on Utu Gorehoof.

Lord Edwin Buckley Elsworth III
A newcomer to sigil, Lord elsworth was the mark for the Hellbourne sister’s greatest con job. He’s managed to recover his stolen loot, but his pride is still injured and has hired bounty hunters to track them down and bring them to him.

The big one

Lord Elsworth was a newcomer to Sigil, He arrived with a lot of wealth and a title and he had bought a recently built mansion in the lady’s Ward. Lord Elsworth liked to slum it with the locals, taking in the atmosphere of the city. Elsworth was too generous with his money and a fop to boot. Naturally, he was the perfect target for Carmella and her sister.

It didn’t take long, Lord Elsworth had met Carmella in a bar, the two hit it off well, Edwin was entranced by Carmella’s charm and exotic beauty and soon he was buying her lavish gowns and taking her to exquisite balls. After several weeks the two were engaged. And two weeks after that, they were planning their marriage. Lord Elsworth was warned by the local nobility to be wary of someone from the lower classes, he ignored them.

The day of the wedding finally came, the most impressive guildhall was rented out, Lord Elsworth spent a fortune on exotic catering from the beastlands, exotic flower arrangements from Aboria, an angelic decorator from celestia, and the most expensive suits and dresses for the bride, groom, best men and bridesmaids.
The wedding was going to be magnificent, if the bride ever showed up. Carmella and Raquel had disappeared, with the money that was supposed to be used to pay for the wedding. Lord Elsworth was embarrassed, and broke, unable to pay his debts, his debtors stormed his mansion and took everything of value as payment. He was left in tatters and Carmella and Raquel were elsewhere living the high life on his money.
They had though they had gotten away with the greatest con of their lives. The both doubted that they would ever top this one grand caper. But there was one thing they didn’t consider, Lord elsworth has a terrible temper, and he was furious.
Somehow He scrounged up enough money to hire bounty hunters to capture the two, he was going to personally punish Carmella for her treachery. The bounty hunters tracked the pair down and attacked, Carmella and Raquel are not fighters, and were forced to flee from the heavily armed group.

In a moment, the two lost all the money they had rightfully stolen and were fleeing for their lives. They passed a double archway, each on one side of a column. They both disappeared from sight.
Lord Elsworth may have recovered his stolen loot, but his pride is still hurt and he still seeks Carmella for her treachery.

Eonas
2014-01-18, 03:32 AM
Cool. I just checked over Zzin'rith'tor and Carmilla, both seem solid, and I like Carmilla's personality/backstory. What's Carmilla's faction, by the way?

Oh, I'd missed the mandatory level. That's still not a large penalization, though (not in the same way as a standard racial hit die) - take the Turn Undead caste line, switch out your breath weapon for an extra feat, and you've got a level with a great chassis, an extra feat, Turn Undead, and a bunch of minor features.
I get that you can cut out two feats, but Drakins still have two fairly useful free feats. Other races don't give Ambidexterity and Mindsight for free.
And even without the feats, I think Drakins are still LA +1 at least. Let's compare:
* Warforged get +2 con and -2 two other stats. Drakin get +2 to any stat, including con.
* Drakin have an immunity to things like Stunning, Crits, and Polymorph, while Warforged have an immunity to Disease, Nausea, Fatigue, and Energy Drain (as well as a 25% resistance to crits and ssneak attack). I think Warforged actually win out here, but not by much.
* Drakin can be affected by Cure X Wounds and Heal spells, while Warforged are only half-effected (Inflict Wounds and Harm aren't really all that prevalent, so no biggie there).
* Warforged get +2 armor and a Slam, but they can't wear any actual armor. Still nice, though, especially the slam.
* And then Drakin get the bonus feats,
* Telepathy (which can be kind of a big deal, even though they need to be in the presence of minds who can speak/write... i.e. the rest of the party, except in very rare occasions)
* Tactile Blindsight (which is worth LA all by itself because of how useful that is - among other things, you're the party's personal scout and you don't have to take a single risk doing so, you don't have to worry about Hide and Invisibility ever, etc),
* The skill bonus,
* And, of course, the rather useful option of getting to decide your own size.

Maybe the Drakin really is balanced for LA +0 after all, but in either case I think this is one of those cases in which I'll say 'no' and ask you to come up with something else. I have a bit of a partialy-irrational pet-peeve with homebrew in general, and though I won't say no if somebody requests to play the Truenamer fix or something similar, I prefer people stay as close as possible to pure WotC material most of the time.

And I apologize if this all came across overly critical, by the way, because that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to give a bit of reasoning behind my decision, so that you don't think I vetoed the Drakin out of pure whim. I really do like the fluff and concept (as well as being impressed by the sheer amount of work you put into making the class), it's just that I'm not personally satisfied by the mechanics.

hoverfrog
2014-01-18, 06:56 AM
Carmella might make a good Sensate or an Indep. I'm not sure whether Zzin should be Athar or Cipher though I'm leaning towards the Transcendent Order and just disregarding Powers.

Just to check, is the game set before or after the Faction War?

Ionbound
2014-01-18, 09:28 AM
Okay, feel free to throw virtual dice at me, but can I use this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a)? I swear, I'm going to have a REALLY good backstory explanation for it all.

Ionbound
2014-01-18, 11:01 AM
Rolling for Gold [roll0]*10=110 GP. Not bad.

Tempestfury
2014-01-18, 11:42 AM
.... So how important will backgrounds be? As I have no idea about the setting. At all.

Eonas
2014-01-18, 11:50 AM
Savage progressions are a-ok, actually. Though if you're going for an LA 1 race/progression, you're strictly better going for just standard LA (since class levels can't be bought off like LA can).

Before the war.

Backgrounds will be important because they guide RP. And they give me ideas for plot hooks.
If you don't know much about the setting, I recommend you play a character from a material plane (which is where most campaigns are set).

Ionbound
2014-01-18, 11:56 AM
Alright, thanks. I promise I'll give you a nice backstory to have this make sense.

Tempestfury
2014-01-18, 12:10 PM
material plane it is.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-18, 01:51 PM
Maybe the Drakin really is balanced for LA +0 after all, but in either case I think this is one of those cases in which I'll say 'no' and ask you to come up with something else. I have a bit of a partialy-irrational pet-peeve with homebrew in general, and though I won't say no if somebody requests to play the Truenamer fix or something similar, I prefer people stay as close as possible to pure WotC material most of the time.I recently edited the thread, bumping most of the features of the race up a level each, but your DM I'll look for something else.
And I apologize if this all came across overly critical, by the way, because that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to give a bit of reasoning behind my decision, so that you don't think I vetoed the Drakin out of pure whim. I really do like the fluff and concept (as well as being impressed by the sheer amount of work you put into making the class), it's just that I'm not personally satisfied by the mechanics.

Not at all; it was MUCH easier to take then the critic posted on the thread itself.

Hikarizu
2014-01-18, 02:35 PM
I'm interested. I've been dying to try out the ultimate 5th member build Factotum/Chameleon.
gold: [roll0]

TheThan
2014-01-18, 03:30 PM
Oh forgot about the factions

*digs through sourcebooks*

I’m thinking either the free league or maybe the fated. It really depends on how gritty and dark I want to go.

Because on one hand, she’s out for herself and she can easily justify her actions as “their fault” for being stupid enough to fall for her tricks and that screams the fated. On the other hand, she’s really independent and the free league appeals to that part of her character.
so really it's a tough one to call. I might have to wait until the game starts to choose between them.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-18, 11:46 PM
How would you feel about Beguilers? Not the class, but the race. They're from the Forgotten Realms, magical beasts that are basically super intelligent rodent like creatures. Their stats are basically this, as I understand it:

Small Magical Beast
Speed: 30ft, climb 10ft
Attacks: 2 Claws and Bite
SA: rake 1d3
SQ: darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, magical beast traits, truesight
Stats: -4 Str, +6 Dex, +2 Int
Feats: Multiattack (B)
Skills: +8 racial to Climb and Hide checks
LA: +0 (cohort)

Eonas
2014-01-19, 02:09 AM
Well, I'd mich rather you all play non-cohort races (or at least anthopoid ones) since the lack of hands on a Beguiler might prove annoying. Spells' somatic components, the ability to hold things properly, and even to do many simple tasks will all suffer. If you really want to go Beguiler, however, I won't say no.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-19, 02:22 AM
It seems very appropriate for me to walk the planes, mind if I do? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189767)

DrunkenMists
2014-01-19, 02:28 AM
Factions? Wow I think I've been too long out of Planescape.

I can't find a class that strikes my interest anyways. Dropping outta the running; hope it goes all well.

Eonas
2014-01-19, 02:40 AM
The Planeswalker is approved.

And no problem :)

hoverfrog
2014-01-19, 05:11 AM
material plane it is.Planescape wouldn't be the same without at least one Clueless to explain things to. :smallwink:

Hikarizu
2014-01-19, 08:00 AM
Planescape wouldn't be the same without at least one Clueless to explain things to. :smallwink:
Make that two Clueless.
...and scratch the Factotum, now I want to play Planeswalker too. Glitch, do you mind telling me which color caught your eye? I myself am green/white fan, but wouldn't mind choosing other colors so we don't end up with overly similar characters. You found the class so you get first dibs on colors.

hoverfrog
2014-01-19, 08:42 AM
Make that two Clueless.Awesome. I'm going to have to brush up on my Sigil cant.

Ionbound
2014-01-19, 09:22 AM
Yeah, me too. I have to say, one of the many reasons I love Planescape is that it allows for really crazy things, like a LN Succubus, among others.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-19, 09:34 AM
Well, I'd mich rather you all play non-cohort races (or at least anthopoid ones) since the lack of hands on a Beguiler might prove annoying. Spells' somatic components, the ability to hold things properly, and even to do many simple tasks will all suffer. If you really want to go Beguiler, however, I won't say no.

That's a fair point. Honestly, at this point my biggest problem is deciding on a character. I forgot just how much stuff there was in 3.5. Too many options to choose from, really. But hopefully one of them will click with me.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-19, 10:58 AM
I also wanted to try playing a Wolfir from M:tG, is it O.K. if I refluff this? (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Wolf-Man_(DnD_Race))

TheThan
2014-01-19, 02:04 PM
Awesome. I'm going to have to brush up on my Sigil cant.

Yeah, me too. I have to say, one of the many reasons I love Planescape is that it allows for really crazy things, like a LN Succubus, among others.

Hey cutter, heard your brushing up on your cant (http://www.mimir.net/cant/cant2.html)

Ionbound
2014-01-19, 03:50 PM
Alright, my character is done except for miscellaneous possessions

Alexandria Megalos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=766984)
Female CN(G) Half-Fiend Aasimar Bard, Level 1, Init +4, HP 9/9, DR DR 5/Magic, Speed 30 ft/Fly 30 ft
AC 15, Touch 14, Flat-footed 11, Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
Shortbow (40) +4 (1d6+4, x3)
(+4 Dex, +1 Natural)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 20
Condition None

TheThan
2014-01-19, 04:51 PM
Figure it'd be a good idea to make a table with all the players and their characters on it for easy reference. note these are just the people who have posted characters.

{table=head]Player|Character|Race|Class
Hoverfrog|Zzin’rith’tor of the long claw ( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423970)|Githzerai |monk
thethan|Carmella Hellbourne ( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=766589)|tiefling|beguiler
Firedaemond33|Alexandria Megalos ( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=766984)|half fiend Aasimar |bard
Hikarizu|unnamed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=770015)|lesser Aasmar/half celestial| planeswalker[/table]

Eonas
2014-01-19, 05:13 PM
Make that two Clueless.
...and scratch the Factotum, now I want to play Planeswalker too. Glitch, do you mind telling me which color caught your eye? I myself am green/white fan, but wouldn't mind choosing other colors so we don't end up with overly similar characters. You found the class so you get first dibs on colors.

A Clueless Planeswalker? How would that work? Is your character just someone from some Material Demiplane who likes planehopping and accidentally discovered Sigil, or did he/she hear of it somewhere and actually looked for the City of Doors, or what?

At first glance, the Wolf-Man looks a-ok. I vaguely recall Savage Species saying that a movement mode of more than 30' warrants LA, though. I'll have to go check. You might want to check out the [url=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20030207aLaika[/url] race, see if that fits your concept. If it does. I'd much rather you try and refluff that.

A Half-Fiend Aasimar has an LA of +3, IIRC. Did you mean a Lesser Aasimar?
I really like the concept, by the way. Would you mind elaborating on Alexandria's alignment? I'm not sure what LN(G) means, and I'm very curious about how her two diametrically-opposed bloodlines play out into her own perspective on life and morality and law and so on.

Ionbound
2014-01-19, 05:22 PM
OK, first off, the mechanical. Half-Fiend is LA +4, unless you want to use the PF LA, and the Aasimar savage progression gives some benefits without taking the first level.

As for the Alignment, CN(G) means Chaotic Neutral leaning Good, and corresponds with the plane of Ysgard. Basically, it means she's mostly CN, but is somewhat altruistic as well.

And the fluff? Eh, it's a concept I've had floating around my head for a while. I'm going to play it as mental conflict. She literally has an angel and demon sitting on her shoulders.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-19, 07:08 PM
Does the GM mind if I use Psionic or Incarnum variants for the Planeswalker?

TheThan
2014-01-19, 08:07 PM
I dunno.
but a Githzerai psionic sounds like a pretty badass character. Maybe a soul knife or a psychic warrior.

Bringing order to chaos with the power of one's mind.

Eonas
2014-01-19, 09:34 PM
OH. I thought Half-Fiends were +2 LA, not +4. Silly me for getting the Half-Fiend and Fiendish templates mixed up.
In that case, no. Half-Fiends as written are not allowed, sorry. Perhaps you could consider trying the Fiendish template, but refluffed to be like a sort of 'Lesser Half-Fiend': slightly less fiendish than celestial? I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas.

Actually, I'm about 99% sure that racial progressions are taken just like regular levels, only you don't generally gain HD. If I'm wrong, though, please correct me!

I wasn't aware there was a variant to that class. Linky-linky, plox?

Reality Glitch
2014-01-19, 09:47 PM
Not by the same guy, I posted suggesting he should add then and I'm asking if you'll accept me adapting them (and other subsystems) for a vancian caster.

Ionbound
2014-01-19, 09:58 PM
OH. I thought Half-Fiends were +2 LA, not +4. Silly me for getting the Half-Fiend and Fiendish templates mixed up.
In that case, no. Half-Fiends as written are not allowed, sorry. Perhaps you could consider trying the Fiendish template, but refluffed to be like a sort of 'Lesser Half-Fiend': slightly less fiendish than celestial? I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas.

But...But...You already said it was OK when I asked earlier...And now my entire build is going to have to change...

Actually, I'm about 99% sure that racial progressions are taken just like regular levels, only you don't generally gain HD. If I'm wrong, though, please correct me!

Here, you're absolutely right. However, even without taking levels in the racial progression, you still get some abilities by virtue of being that race, a la Lesser Aasimar. However, you still have the ability to get that last bit, should you want to spend the XP on it.

Eonas
2014-01-20, 12:42 AM
firedaemon: Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. I'd gotten the Half-Fiend and Fiendish templates confused. How much would your build have to change?

And gotcha.

Reality Glitch: If it hasn't been made yet, I'd rather you not. Not because I don't like the concept or want to be a 'no' DM, but because it seems like a hassle to create and semi-balance on such short notice. And I suspect that doing so would probably have to result in a pretty massive class overhaul (just since magic, psionics, and incarnum are such wildly different concepts).

What sort of character concept are you going for here?

Reality Glitch
2014-01-20, 01:42 AM
I was trying to shove as many dragon powers into the spell list as possible, w/o resorting to the Boon class feature and still having summon monster or summon nature's ally. If I can find a magic Item that gives at least +2 to Int, it might work.

Hikarizu
2014-01-20, 04:02 AM
A Clueless Planeswalker? How would that work? Is your character just someone from some Material Demiplane who likes planehopping and accidentally discovered Sigil, or did he/she hear of it somewhere and actually looked for the City of Doors, or what?

Oh, I know some stuff and I intend do read about it before making my background, but something along those lines.

Ionbound
2014-01-20, 08:48 AM
firedaemon: Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. I'd gotten the Half-Fiend and Fiendish templates confused. How much would your build have to change?

A significant amount. It's basically taking advantage of the Half-Fiend fly speed to be a hovering buffer and dish out a little bit of ranged damage. On that note, could I use the Pathfinder Half-Fiend? It's only +2 LA.

Eonas
2014-01-20, 10:15 AM
I was trying to shove as many dragon powers into the spell list as possible, w/o resorting to the Boon class feature and still having summon monster or summon nature's ally. If I can find a magic Item that gives at least +2 to Int, it might work.

Well, if that's your aim, perhaps you're better off with a simple Sorceror (which makes even more sense considering that Sorcerors get their powers from their draconic heritage)? They get far more spells per day and spells known.

A significant amount. It's basically taking advantage of the Half-Fiend fly speed to be a hovering buffer and dish out a little bit of ranged damage. On that note, could I use the Pathfinder Half-Fiend? It's only +2 LA.

No, it's +1/+3 CR, just like the D&D template. If everybody wants to agree that we use a tamplate's CR instead of LA, then that's fine (though it does make races' LA particularly weak by comparison).
The other possibiilty would be to fluff the Winged template (from Savage Species) as having been granted by Alexandria's fiendish heritage.

hoverfrog
2014-01-20, 10:55 AM
Half fiend template (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/halfFiend.htm) +4 LA, +3 CR
Fiendish template (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/fiendishCreature.htm) +2 LA, +1 CR

If we're first level I don't see how anything with a level adjustment can be used without the racial levels, even if you fudge a bit. Of course if we were higher level.... :smallbiggrin:

Maybe we could make a racial progression table for half fiends along the same lines as other racial classes (http://dndtools.eu/classes/?character_class__name=racial&rulebook__slug=&character_class__prestige=1&required_bab_0=&required_bab_1=&skill_points_0=&skill_points_1=&class_features=&hit_die_0=&hit_die_1=&_filter=Filter)? Thri-kreen (http://dndtools.eu/classes/thri-kreen-racial-class/) have a +4 LA too.

Eonas
2014-01-20, 11:04 AM
Because you can have up to +2 LA at level 1 (technically, I'm not sure there even is a limit, but I'm enforcing a +2 LA limit to prevent things being taken too far). It'll make you level-up much slower, though.

You know what? I'll open the Half-Fiend and Half-Celestial templates up to whoever wants to take them, after all. On your heads be it if you find that levelling takes you far too much time, though.

Ionbound
2014-01-20, 11:09 AM
Thank you, Eonas. I owe you one.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-20, 12:28 PM
The thing is he doesn't have draconic ancestry that's part of the point, he is so fascinated by them that he wants to emulate them in his magic. I might go wizard or find some other home to request if You still let me have the Walk the planes feature and progression, kind of key to being a planeswalker.

Eonas
2014-01-20, 02:39 PM
Well... I dunno. I'm kind of reluctant to giving a class the best of two worlds (i.e. full wizard casting and free planeshift).

The Planewalker class, by the way, isn't a huge deal in this game. You'll be doing a lot of your traveling via portals anyway, and (IIRC) you can't planeshift in or out of Sigil. Plane Shift is still kind of useful, but not necessary by any means.

If you're just looking for someone who walks in the path of dragons, consider trying a Dragonfire Adept. They're a class that takes on properties of dragons, and it's apparently loads of fun to play. Besides, we already have 2 arcane casters in the party. Just an idea.

So, we're just waiting for Avian Malkavian, Reality Glitch and Hikarizu to submit character sheets, then? If you're still at a loss for inspiration, take a look at what sort of character roles we're missing. We have two charisma-based spontaneous arcane casters and a monk. Perhaps divine classes, scout-types, or heavy hitters/tanks might be interesting just to broaden the party's abilities? I don't know, just giving ideas here.
EDIT: Also, the Planar Handbook apparently has PrCs for each of the various Factions. Might want to check those out too.

Everybody else: I'm still looking for motivations. Lots of motivations. Short-term goals, long-term goals, wants or needs or whatever. The more character motivations I get, the more I can tailor adventures to your particular characters.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-20, 04:13 PM
If it's not that big of a deal does that mean I can have it or create it as a homebrew spell? (Which is O.K. by W.o.t.C. as far as I know; a la the Bigby's hand spells.) Plus Rappeller (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307935) multiclassing to Shapeshifter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239085) seems like it would fit better than a Dragonfire Adept (I've seen what they can do, but it's too broad of an effect for what I'm going for).

Eonas
2014-01-20, 04:29 PM
No, I'm going to say you can't recreate it as a level 1 spell. Stone to Flesh isn't a big deal either because you can easily get by the entire game without it, but that doesn't mean it can be rewritten as a level 1 spell.
And I would much rather we restrict homebrew to stuff that's already been fairly extensively tested and reviewed and revised.

I'm kind of feeling like this whole homebrew thing is getting to be a bit more trouble than it's worth. What, specifically, are you going for with your character? Let's see if we can achieve that without using oodles of homebrew.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-20, 05:07 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/020/0/8/reality_glitch_by_reality_glitch-d730x5j.jpg

Eonas
2014-01-20, 05:18 PM
Okay... so you want to base your character off a M:tG card. Is that it, or do you actually have some in-game fluff in mind for your character?

The easiest mechanical rendition of the Reality Glitch card would be a Factotum/Dragonfire Adept (or Dragon Shamon) going into Chameleon. The Dragonfire Adept/Dragon Shaman part gives you your Dragon-channeling, and Chameleon and Factotum gives you the wild-card, 'excuse me while I completely change who I am' nature of a Reality Glitch. You don't get Plane Shift, but who cares? You're a Planeswalker anyway - everybody in the party is.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-20, 06:10 PM
I have in-game fluff in mind because that is the card I made for said character (before I found this thread mind you), and I'm trying to adapt him into D&D.Once there was an elf from Zendikar, though her journeys took her to many planes she eventually found love and settled down on Innistrad. The father mysteriously disappeared during the resulting half-Elven child's childhood about 6 years old, he'd still stop by now and again but no more then a day or two at a time on most occasions. As it turned out he was infected w/ lycanthropy, which the mother eventually found out was passed on to her offspring, though this did not worry her as elves are used to dealing w/ otherwise deadly animals. As the child grew he became fascinated by Innistrad's native dragon's and when he was old enough to learn magic he did everything he could to specialize in dragon magic. One day, in his early teens, as he was apprenticing to the local biomancer, the time-rift events in Dominaria rippled to Innistrad and cause a massive miscast, igniting his spark and flinging him to Dominaria.

Though he traveled the Multiverse, he always kept his home as a base of operation as he still lived w/ and was still dependent on his mother. When the archangel Avacyn was restored to power, he accepted her offer to be "cured" of his lycanthopy by fusing the two halves into one, becoming a wolfir.

And now he continues to travel, making sure to pick-up groceries for his now retired mother, but much is more independent.

Eonas
2014-01-20, 06:31 PM
Okay. It from your backstory, it doesn't look like your character is as reality-glitchy as just wolfy-dragony.

If that's all there is to your character concept, I don't see anything wrong with playing a slightly refluffed Laika (from the SS web enhancement I linked earlier) classing in Dragonfire Adept or Dragon Shaman. Earlier, though, you'd mentioned that it was too broad of an effect for what you were going for - care to clarify?

le Suisse
2014-01-20, 06:36 PM
Interrested in this "planescape" opportunity, but does anyone want a dungeon managment game?
Or a game about owning a tavern/casino?

Reality Glitch
2014-01-20, 06:58 PM
Well, Dragonfire Adepts are main fighters that get may abilities that I see as to "generic" to be dragon powers, that's why I originally went for a red planeswalker, for the Legendary Boon: Form of the Dragon; but then I started realizing I want some of those power at lower levels which can be done w/ certain spell, including and excluding polymorph spells, even if that meant waiting 'til level 4 or 5 before I got more than fire attacks, defensive self-buffs, and the occasional expeditious retreat. I also want to be the standard stand-in-the-back-monster/nature's ally/desert ally/undeadresueracted-summoner except when I'm in dragon mode.

Eonas
2014-01-20, 07:12 PM
Okay, so you want to be a summoner who gains the ability to turn into a dragon melee monster? That sounds like a Druid with the Dragon Wild Shape feat to me. Perfect fit. Granted, Dragon Wild Shape doesn't kick in until level 12, but hey. Until then you just get to be a kickass summoner with plenty of elemental spells to give you that Dragony flavor.

Or, you could just go Wizard and use Polymorph when you hit level 5 or whatever.

le Suisse: There's no reason why the game couldn't concievably go that direction :)
Though, at first I suspect that you'll all be spending most of your time just adventuring and getting to know the factions and whatever.

Hikarizu
2014-01-20, 07:34 PM
Almost ready Green and eventually White Planeswalker. Here's the character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=770015). I will probably finish the character sheet before I go to sleep and make him more than bunch of stats tomorrow morning. I intend to build melee summoner. Here's the build I have in mind for the interested

14 STR, 10 DEX, 14 CON, 10 INT, 14 WIS, 8 CHA
Lesser Aasimar / Half celestial Transition 1
After: 16 STR, 14 DEX, 16 CON, 10 INT, 16 WIS, 10 CHA

lvl 1 Planeswalker1
Feats: Greenbound Summoning
Skills: maxed Concentration, Handle Animal, Knowledge Nature, Knowledge The Planes, Spellcraft and Survival
Other: Walk the Planes 1/day, Color Skills, Minor Arcana, Boon (Novice)
Boon: Endless Swarm(green)
HP: 11

lvl 2 Planeswalker2
Skills:
Other: Mana Source 1/day
HP: 18

lvl 3 Planeswalker3
Feat: Extra Boon
Skills:
Other: Planeswalker’s Jaunt (Move)
Extra Boon: Overrun(green)
HP:25

lvl 4 Planeswalker4
Skills:
Other: Boon
Boon: Enduring Ideal(white)
HP: 32

lvl 5 Planeswalker5
Skills:
Other: Baleful Shift
HP: 39

lvl 6 Planeswalker6
Feat: Power Attack
Skills:
Other: Easy Walking
HP: 46

lvl 7 Planeswalker7
Skills:
Other: Boon (Journeyman)
Boon: Predatory Focus(green)
HP: 53

lvl 8 Planeswalker8
Skills:
Other: Mana Source 2/day
HP: 60

lvl 9 Planeswalker9
Feats: Extra Boon, Goat[Heroic Resolve]
Skills: Walk the Planes 2/day, Favored Plane (+2)
Other: Mana Source 2/day
Extra Boon: Heroic Resolve(white)
HP: 67

lvl 10 Planeswalker10
Skills:
Other: Boon (Expert)
Boon: Beacon of Infestation(green)
HP: 74

lvl 11 Planeswalker11
Skills:
Other: Planeswalker's Jaunt (Swift)
HP: 81

lvl 12 Planeswalker12
Feat: Extra Boon:
Skills:
Other: Emergency Walk 1/day
Extra Boon: Austere Command(white)
HP: 88

lvl 13 Planeswalker13
Skills:
Other: Boon (Master), Walk the Planes 3/day
Boon: Giant Growth(green)
HP: 95

lvl 14 Planeswalker14
Skills:
Other: Swift Traveler
HP: 102

lvl 15 Planeswalker15
Skills:
Other: Emergency Walk 2/day, Favored Plane +4
Extra Boon: Pulse of the Fields(white)
HP: 109

lvl 16 Planeswalker16
Skills:
Other: Boon
Boon: Wild Pair(green)
HP: 116

lvl 17 Planeswalker17
Skills:
Other: Planeswalker’s Jaunt (Immediate), Walk the Planes 4/day
HP: 123

lvl 18 Planeswalker18
Skills:
Other:Emergency Walk 3/day
Extra Boon: Primal Command
HP: 130

lvl 19 Planeswalker19
Skills:
Other:Boon (Legend)
Boon: Serra’s Embrace(white)
HP: 137

lvl 20 Planeswalker20
Skills:
Other: Mastery of the Planes, Walk the Planes 5/day
HP: 144

TheThan
2014-01-20, 08:17 PM
Interrested in this "planescape" opportunity, but does anyone want a dungeon managment game?
Or a game about owning a tavern/casino?

I would rather not, I'm not really feeling a dungeon or tavern/casino ownership game. my players IRL tend to lean that direction so yeah, need a break from it.

That doesn't mean my character wouldn't rip one off though.

Eonas
2014-01-20, 08:18 PM
You have to take levels in the Half-Celestial racial progression just like you would a normal class, Hizikaru (you don't just automatically get a level).

So, we've got two charisma-based arcane spontaneous casters, an arcane summoner gish, and Reality Glitch intends to play a summoner dragonshaper character. Hmm. This is going to be an interesting game. I'd recommend everybody looks over everybody else's characters to make sure nobody's overlapping too many spells.

TheThan
2014-01-20, 08:27 PM
*Nitpic*

Actually, beguilers are int based spontaneous casters*

but i can see the confusion. they are charismatic.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-20, 08:43 PM
So what niches are unfilled then? I suppose I could make a melee-type person since everyone's casters.

Hikarizu
2014-01-20, 08:45 PM
You have to take levels in the Half-Celestial racial progression just like you would a normal class, Hizikaru (you don't just automatically get a level).

I got it from this handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6992.20) that uses this article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040319a) and the previous article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a)
If I understood correctly with only the first level it could be considered as +1 LA.
There's another funny story. My character is an arcane caster who draws spells from the cleric/druid/ranger/paladin spell lists with wisdom as his casting stat.

So what niches are unfilled then? I suppose I could make a melee-type person since everyone's casters.
Small note: 3 of the casters can hold their own in melee combat. The two Planeswalkers and the Beguiler.

Eonas
2014-01-20, 09:14 PM
These racial class levels follow the normal rules for gaining levels in a template class.

Thus, a young ogre (ECL 1) could join a 1st-level adventuring party and gain levels along with his friends. Upon reaching his full growth (at an ogre's base ECL of 6), he begins gaining class levels like the rest of the characters.

The Savage Progressions article series does the same with templates, breaking each into a number of class levels equal to its level adjustment.
This would seem to imply that he can't take class levels and racial progression levels at the same time.

Such a treatment allows a character who acquires a template to progress through these template "class levels" just as she would normal character levels

And then this quote implies the same thing:

Characters are not required to complete all the levels of a given template class in uninterrupted succession. For example, a character who takes a level of wereboar could then take a level of fighter and a level of rogue (or any other combination of other class levels) before taking another level of wereboar. A character must still take the first level of wereboar before taking the second, just as with a normal class.

Okay, but the Planeswalker is still an arcane caster, correct, even if casts divine spells with a Wis stat?

Well, we have yet to get a really specialized tanky character like a Fighter or Crusader or Barbarian.

And thanks for the correction, thethan.

TheThan
2014-01-20, 09:15 PM
we only have three characters posted up.
a monk
a beguiler
a bard.

So most of the roles are still "open". as those three are fairly niche.

Hikarizu
2014-01-20, 09:38 PM
Okay, but the Planeswalker is still an arcane caster, correct, even if casts divine spells with a Wis stat?

The Planeswalker is still an arcane caster. It's just that I intend to use green and white spells which are taken from divine spell lists and chose wisdom as my casting stat.
On the "Half celestial Transition 1"
I get what you are saying but isn't it just like playing +1 LA race. I don't even get HD for it. And you said +1 LA is allowed at first level. I start more powerfull, but I need more xp than LA 0 races. It's your call though. I just want to be sure I got it right. And if not I can always take the transition level somewhere along the way.

we only have three characters posted up.

Four

Here's the character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=770015).

TheThan
2014-01-20, 10:19 PM
doesn't count, it doesn't even have a name.

I'm joking.

I just missed that part.

Updated List:

{table=head]Player|Character|Race|Class
Hoverfrog|Zzin’rith’tor of the long claw ( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423970)|Githzerai |monk
thethan|Carmella Hellbourne ( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=766589)|tiefling|beguiler
Firedaemond33|Alexandria Megalos ( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=766984)|half fiend Aasimar |bard
Hikarizu|unnamed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=770015)|lesser Aasmar/half celestial| planeswalker[/table]

Eonas
2014-01-20, 10:27 PM
The Planeswalker is still an arcane caster. It's just that I intend to use green and white spells which are taken from divine spell lists and chose wisdom as my casting stat.
On the "Half celestial Transition 1"
I get what you are saying but isn't it just like playing +1 LA race. I don't even get HD for it. And you said +1 LA is allowed at first level. I start more powerfull, but I need more xp than LA 0 races. It's your call though. I just want to be sure I got it right. And if not I can always take the transition level somewhere along the way.

Huh. Um. Actually, even though we're approaching houserule territory, I really like that idea. To have a racial template class just apply LA in a uniform manner. firedaemon33, how about you? Would you like to stagger your character's LA gain this way? It might balance things out a bit too, since then we won't be dealing with an ECL 5 character in an ECL 1 party.

However, I'm not sure how staggered LA gain would interact with LA buyoff. I'll have to think about that.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-20, 10:34 PM
FourFive.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=768303

Eonas
2014-01-20, 11:10 PM
Coolio. What's the (rWu) in your alignment stand for, by the way?
I can't wait to see your character completed.

Also, I love everybody's character descriptions! I just want to see some goals. What do your characters WANT?

Reality Glitch
2014-01-20, 11:21 PM
rWu is my alignment using the Magic: the Gathering color wheel variant White is my primary color w/ blUe and Red as secondary. I'm a little confused on what I have left to finish though.

As for goals, the character has never been to the great wheel before, so he's just filled w/ wonder and wants to explore.

Eonas
2014-01-20, 11:29 PM
Uh... everything. Your stats aren't even all filled in (dex and cha are missing). Perhaps you forgot to hit Save Changes?

EDIT: Okay, not 'everything', but there's lots of stuff missing, like spells/day, base saves/BaB, skills, equipment, etc.
Speaking of equipment, how'd you manage to get a +2 int item with your starting gold (which, IIRC, maxes at something like 120 gp)?

Reality Glitch
2014-01-20, 11:55 PM
May it was a bum link, try this (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=768303).

Eonas
2014-01-20, 11:58 PM
Nope, still the same. When I said 'everything' I didn't actually mean everything. I meant 'about 50% or more'. Sorry if that was confusing.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-21, 12:46 AM
I've added my speed, armor type (none), and spell DC's the rest of the if fluff or equipment based. Since I've posted my fluff here, all I need left is to figure out my equipment.

Eonas
2014-01-21, 12:55 AM
Okay, so why the blank spaces where the Dex and Cha attributes should be (as well as the Fort/Ref save bonuses)?

Reality Glitch
2014-01-21, 12:58 AM
I can see them just fine their 8 Dex (-1 modifier) and 10 Cha (±0 modifier).

hoverfrog
2014-01-21, 03:01 AM
I can see them just fine their 8 Dex (-1 modifier) and 10 Cha (±0 modifier).They're blank for me too.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-21, 03:07 AM
Try now, it should be fixed.

Hikarizu
2014-01-21, 03:14 AM
doesn't count, it doesn't even have a name.
How many dodge modifiers did you pile up to avoid it.

Try now, it should be fixed.
I can see them now. Except some boxes for Saves still appear blank.

Speaking of equipment, how'd you manage to get a +2 int item with your starting gold (which, IIRC, maxes at something like 120 gp)?
This issue still remains.
I have a question about starting gold. There's no mention of it in the Planeswalker thread. Can I use the same as I rolled for the factotum I originally intended to play(6d4=16x10=160) or should I roll different set of dice?

Ionbound
2014-01-21, 07:59 AM
Also, I love everybody's character descriptions! I just want to see some goals. What do your characters WANT?

I'll add this more explicitly to my sheet, but what Alexandria wants most is freedom, from Sigil and from her inner demonic impulses.

Huh. Um. Actually, even though we're approaching houserule territory, I really like that idea. To have a racial template class just apply LA in a uniform manner. firedaemon33, how about you? Would you like to stagger your character's LA gain this way? It might balance things out a bit too, since then we won't be dealing with an ECL 5 character in an ECL 1 party

Those were the articles I wad using earlier. I'm fine with that plot.

hoverfrog
2014-01-21, 09:47 AM
Also, I love everybody's character descriptions! I just want to see some goals. What do your characters WANT?Kill mind flayers and their servants. Granted this is something of a stereotype for a githzerai but that's no reason not to run with it.

I've not finished my background yet but I'll think of something a little more personal than that.

Faction wise we have a Cipher (possibly an Athar), a couple of Indeps and some Clueless. Is that right?

Ionbound
2014-01-21, 10:26 AM
Alex is a sensate.

Eonas
2014-01-21, 11:38 AM
I have a question about starting gold. There's no mention of it in the Planeswalker thread. Can I use the same as I rolled for the factotum I originally intended to play(6d4=16x10=160) or should I roll different set of dice?

If you're playing a class with 6d4*10 starting gp, then sure. Otherwise, reroll.

I'll add this more explicitly to my sheet, but what Alexandria wants most is freedom, from Sigil and from her inner demonic impulses.

Those were the articles I wad using earlier. I'm fine with that plot.

Interesting, and great.

Kill mind flayers and their servants. Granted this is something of a stereotype for a githzerai but that's no reason not to run with it.

I've not finished my background yet but I'll think of something a little more personal than that.

Faction wise we have a Cipher (possibly an Athar), a couple of Indeps and some Clueless. Is that right?

Does he want to do so just because the Githzerai kill Illithids, or does he have some type of more personal reason?

And that's a good question. Will everybody please post their character's faction in Additional Information, just for the sake of simplicity and clarity? And if his/her goals don't fit into the Description/Personality boxes, you can put them in the Additional Information box as well.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-21, 12:00 PM
Rolling gold: [roll0]x 10 = 120 gp

le Suisse
2014-01-21, 12:46 PM
Would you allow the class "Aristocrat"?
Also, could the players tell what kind of campaign they would like to play? I'm personaly interested in a political/intrigue one, and iit would be kind of a bummer if no one want to play the same thing.

I have two concept for an eventual character:
-a young noble dead-set to reach his unreachable goal
-a imp trying to make a living in the fair city of Sigil, and not fighting in the Blood War anymore in particular.

Any thought?

Hikarizu
2014-01-21, 01:38 PM
If you're playing a class with 6d4*10 starting gp, then sure. Otherwise, reroll.

Starting gold is not included in the class. Do you see the Planeswalker as 2d4*10(as Druid), 3d4*10(as Sorcerer and Wizard), 4d4*10(as Barbarian and Bard), 5d4*10(as Cleric and Rogue) or 6d4*10(as Fighter, Paladin and Ranger). I can roll as soon as you decide.

Eonas
2014-01-21, 01:50 PM
le Suisse: I don't think anybody knows exactly what the game's going to be like at this point, and that's fine with me. Presumably, however, there's going to be hacknslash (albeit probably with a weird, non-Euclidian flavor*) and there's going to be lots of political/philosophical/intrigue roleplay. At least at first. Unless, of course, the players don't want any of that - then, I don't know what'll transpire.

* For this reason, movement-related spells like Spider Climb or the Teleport line will probably come in handy.

The Planeswalker looks a bit Bardy, doesn't it? 3/4 Bab, plenty of skills, weak spontaneous arcane casting, loads of fluffy abilities? I'd say 4d4*10 gp.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-21, 02:18 PM
My character wouldn't really join any of the Sigil factions, though one of them might have tricked him into debt (for the magic item).

TheThan
2014-01-21, 03:18 PM
I think Carmella is going to roll as an Indep here. Primarily because it doesn't seem like any of the others are going as dark.

Hikarizu
2014-01-21, 03:24 PM
Starting Gold:[roll0]

Eonas
2014-01-21, 03:55 PM
My character wouldn't really join any of the Sigil factions, though one of them might have tricked him into debt (for the magic item).

That'd make your character one of the Clueless (Sigil-cant for someone hailing from the Prime Material planes, someone who doesn't align with any of the factions).

And again I ask: whence your +2 Robes of Wizard Intellect?

So, I think the only person we're still waiting on is AvianMalkavian, then?

Reality Glitch
2014-01-21, 04:12 PM
I guess, and you just quoted the post that answers your question.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-21, 04:19 PM
Still trying to figure out the particulars of the background.

Currently, what I have in mind is a Fighter who is a member of the Mercykillers.

Eonas
2014-01-21, 05:23 PM
Oh. I see. Um...
Okay, yeah, sure, why not (especially since several members are starting with level adjustments). However, you don't get any loot until everybody else in the party has gained 4000 GP's worth of equipment. And the folks who you stole the robe from are going to still be angry at you for some time after that (though they won't be ultrapowerful, since level 15 characters aren't really in need of a relatively piddling item such as that one... just powerful enough to give you some grief). Sound fair?

Fantastic, I can't wait to see your sheet!
Mercykillers are one of the coolest factions out there, I swear. How will that affect your character's relationship with Camilla, though? Criminal + criminal-punisher doesn't exactly make for Happy Time With The Whole Family.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-21, 05:40 PM
Oh. I see. Um...
Okay, yeah, sure, why not (especially since several members are starting with level adjustments). However, you don't get any loot until everybody else in the party has gained 4000 GP's worth of equipment. And the folks who you stole the robe from are going to still be angry at you for some time after that (though they won't be ultrapowerful, since level 15 characters aren't really in need of a relatively piddling item such as that one... just powerful enough to give you some grief). Sound fair?I never said I stole it, I said they tricked me into legally acquiring it from them along we debt towards them. It was their plan the whole time to deceive a clueless into joining their faction, all-be-it temporarily.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-21, 05:47 PM
Mercykillers are one of the coolest factions out there, I swear. How will that affect your character's relationship with Camilla, though? Criminal + criminal-punisher doesn't exactly make for Happy Time With The Whole Family.

Crap. I hadn't thought about that.

Ionbound
2014-01-21, 05:54 PM
Or with Alexandria, who really distrusts the system after her father was never brought to justice.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-21, 06:37 PM
Well, I'm a bit at a loss now as for what to make. Plus, if I'm the one holding you all up, maybe I should just bow out.

Eonas
2014-01-21, 06:41 PM
Well, a Fighter's fine (as would be any other melee build). Perhaps you want to change your faction to something like a Doomguard, or a Bleaker, or a Signer, or a Clueless, or something?

TheThan
2014-01-21, 07:56 PM
How will that affect your character's relationship with Camilla, though? Criminal + criminal-punisher doesn't exactly make for Happy Time With The Whole Family.

I've got two words, Charm Person.
:)

Naw seriously, Carmella wouldn't do that to a person... not with them knowing about it that is.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-21, 10:23 PM
I've been wracking my brain over coming up with another concept and I've got nothing. None of the other factions are really clicking with me and I definitely don't want to make a character that would be disruptive to the rest of the party. As such, I'm gonna withdraw my interest. I hope you guys have fun with the game, though!

Eonas
2014-01-21, 10:36 PM
Aww, that's too bad, seeing as you wanted to play a Planescape game so badly. You sure we can't help you make a character that works for you? I'm sure there's something out there that'd work...

Reality Glitch: Oh, I misread your post then. It feels odd that somebody would do that just to have an inexperienced adventurer enter their guild. And how could they know you'd pay them back, or even stay in their guild?

I'll have the OOC up shortly-sh. I have to start making sense of all the backgrounds and motivations and tie them up into an adventure idea. We have someone who wants freedom, someone who wants to kill illithids, and... what?

Ionbound
2014-01-21, 10:47 PM
I've been wracking my brain over coming up with another concept and I've got nothing. None of the other factions are really clicking with me and I definitely don't want to make a character that would be disruptive to the rest of the party. As such, I'm gonna withdraw my interest. I hope you guys have fun with the game, though!

D'aww...You could go with a Duster? It generally means about the same, only you just kill bad undead rather than all bad guys.

AvianMalkavian
2014-01-21, 10:56 PM
Nah, its no big deal. I'm sure I'll play in a Planescape game eventually, but I'd rather not slow you guys down. I know from experience that the longer it takes to get a game started, the more likely it is something will happen that might cause it to stall out. I'm happy to step back if it means that other people will get to play and have fun sooner.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-21, 11:11 PM
Reality Glitch: Oh, I misread your post then. It feels odd that somebody would do that just to have an inexperienced adventurer enter their guild. And how could they know you'd pay them back, or even stay in their guild?They want me because I'm a planeswalker, which is a power they don't have.

Their plan works like this--Sucker a being capable of planeswalking into debt w/ the faction; then, use the contract, and the promise of it's fulfillment to get him/her/it to do what we want; we're not complete buttcaps and aren't lying about releasing the 'walker from service the instant the debt is payed off; in order to do that and still have enough time to use him/her/it to complete our task we need to stall him from getting the money too fast, but motivate him to not be too slow (e.g. mafia style, "we break ya' legs"), because then what good is then debt? We can't enforce it magically though or it will be too easy to undo it, he has to want to willingly accept and follow through w/ the terms of service.

I was planning on that being a major sub-plot that kept coming up and/or being referenced, and I'd completely finish paying off the debt about half-way into the campaign (~10th level), which is too soon for their plans to work so they com after me w/ physical brute force to try and drag me beck, but by that time, I'm powerful enough to take them on and kick their collective butts, though not easily. This summons the politically bigger fish that consumes my story in the second half.

Hikarizu
2014-01-22, 02:47 AM
They want me because I'm a planeswalker, which is a power they don't have.

Okay, am I missing something? Your character sheet clearly says wizard. At least from our end. See for yourself. (http://puu.sh/6tOQX) The whole sheet is wizard stuff.

hoverfrog
2014-01-22, 05:36 AM
I'm looking at my progression and I have a couple of questions. RAW indicate that giving up monk means I cannot go back to it later. Are you playing this rule? Are you using XP penalties for multiclassing?

My plan is to progress Monk 4\Soulknife 2\Psionic Fist

Not the most powerful combo but it's something I've never tried before.

Hikarizu
2014-01-22, 09:41 AM
By RAW you can't. There's a feat for that "Monastic Training".
Have you tried Monk/Psychic Warrior with the Tashalatora Feat?. If not I highly recommend it. Maybe even a level of Elocator for scorn earth(i know it can be duplicated easily, but it's so cool).
Even if you don't go with PsyWar, Tashalatora will treat your Soulknife levels like monk levels for the progression of AC bonus, flurry of blows attacks, and unarmed damage.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-22, 09:45 AM
Update! (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=768303)

hoverfrog
2014-01-22, 10:34 AM
@Hikarizu I know about Monastic training but some DMs don't enforce the restriction anyway. If that's the case I can spend the feat on something shiny instead.

Monks and Soulknives aren't the best fighters in the book but they are pretty cool and interesting. I did consider PsyWar but I want to play a non-caster type with a few odd abilities rather than a caster type who can fight a bit.

Tashalatora is a good choice anyway, even with the cost of Monastic Training and I'll make a note of it. Ta.

Tempestfury
2014-01-22, 10:40 AM
I guess I was too slow for this... ah well. That's what happens when you try to enter too many RPG's at once.

Eonas
2014-01-22, 11:50 AM
They want me because I'm a planeswalker, which is a power they don't have.

Their plan works like this--Sucker a being capable of planeswalking into debt w/ the faction; then, use the contract, and the promise of it's fulfillment to get him/her/it to do what we want; we're not complete buttcaps and aren't lying about releasing the 'walker from service the instant the debt is payed off; in order to do that and still have enough time to use him/her/it to complete our task we need to stall him from getting the money too fast, but motivate him to not be too slow (e.g. mafia style, "we break ya' legs"), because then what good is then debt? We can't enforce it magically though or it will be too easy to undo it, he has to want to willingly accept and follow through w/ the terms of service.

I was planning on that being a major sub-plot that kept coming up and/or being referenced, and I'd completely finish paying off the debt about half-way into the campaign (~10th level), which is too soon for their plans to work so they com after me w/ physical brute force to try and drag me beck, but by that time, I'm powerful enough to take them on and kick their collective butts, though not easily. This summons the politically bigger fish that consumes my story in the second half.

As much as I like how your backstory includes a ready-made story for me, it seems slightly implausible to me for a faction to go to all that trouble just for one weak adventurer, Planeswalker or not. Perhaps it's some 'cult-faction', an obscure offshoot of the Signers or something. Then I can see that working.

A few other considerations: how does 'willing' == 'tricked into debt/servitude'? If I were one of those tricked people, I wouldn't be remotely willing to help the perpetrators of my situation.
And paying off a debt for a 4000 gp magic item would be rather fast, wouldn't it? You'd be able to do it by levels 4-6.

I'm looking at my progression and I have a couple of questions. RAW indicate that giving up monk means I cannot go back to it later. Are you playing this rule? Are you using XP penalties for multiclassing?

My plan is to progress Monk 4\Soulknife 2\Psionic Fist

Not the most powerful combo but it's something I've never tried before.

Nah, going back to Monk is fine and there aren't any multiclassing penalties. But keep things within reason.

By the way, Psychic warrior isn't a caster type at all - it's a class in which you get to make your melee powers just that much bigger and more badass. By growing claws and getting armor bonuses and growing larger and all that sort of jazz. Indeed, a pure Monk/PsyWar build with Talashatora is possibly one of the best options out there (since Talashatora makes Psionic Fist redundant).

Also, I'm going through a major time crunch right now, so don't expect frequent and/or lengthy posts for the next few days.

Reality Glitch
2014-01-22, 01:58 PM
As much as I like how your backstory includes a ready-made story for me, it seems slightly implausible to me for a faction to go to all that trouble just for one weak adventurer, Planeswalker or not. Perhaps it's some 'cult-faction', an obscure offshoot of the Signers or something. Then I can see that working.Fine by me.
A few other considerations: how does 'willing' == 'tricked into debt/servitude'? If I were one of those tricked people, I wouldn't be remotely willing to help the perpetrators of my situation.One of those "you didn't read the fine print" moments.
And paying off a debt for a 4000 gp magic item would be rather fast, wouldn't it? You'd be able to do it by levels 4-6.That can work to, mine was only an estimate.

Hikarizu
2014-01-22, 02:23 PM
By the way, Psychic warrior isn't a caster type at all - it's a class in which you get to make your melee powers just that much bigger and more badass. By growing claws and getting armor bonuses and growing larger and all that sort of jazz. Indeed, a pure Monk/PsyWar build with Talashatora is possibly one of the best options out there (since Talashatora makes Psionic Fist redundant).

Also helping movement and full attack/flurry of blows in the same round with Hustle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/hustle.htm), Lion's Charge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicLionsCharge.htm). And my favorite power Form of Doom (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/formofDoom.htm) refluffed as a Super Saiyan. Tashalatora Monk2/Psywar18 fused (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fusion.htm) with Kineticist20 equals early powers similar to early DBZ.

Ionbound
2014-01-22, 05:04 PM
Oh god, not the fusion dance...

hoverfrog
2014-01-23, 01:55 AM
The Planewalker (http://planewalker.com/) site is back up and running again.

hoverfrog
2014-01-23, 12:44 PM
I've finally gotten the background down on paper...erm...pixel.
Zzin'rith'tor of the Long Claws (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423970)
Male Lawful Neutral Githzerai Monk, Level 1, Init +3, HP 8/8, Speed 40
AC 15, Touch 15, Flat-footed 12, Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 0 /2
Flurry of Blows (unarmed strikes) -1/-1 (1d6+1/1d6+1, x2)
Unarmed strike +1 (1d6+1, x2)
Sling (10) +3 (1d4, x2)
(+3 Dex, +2 Misc)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition None

Zzin'rith'tor is thin even for a githzerai and the colour seems to have been washed out of his flesh. He marks his pale skin with henna tattoos but these fade quickly for some reason.
As a Cipher, a junior member of the Transcendental Order, Zzin'rith'tor seeks a balance between good and evil. Thought means planning and plans go awry. Only action without thought can be trusted. Speed is of the essence. Do not think: act. If only his anger didn't get in the way.
Step 1: Five things:

1) Zzin is centred. He needs very little and strives for inner harmony and self mastery.
2) Mind Flayers are the greatest threat to the planes. Many assume that they are simply monsters that eat brains but Zzin knows that they will not stop until they have enslaved every sentient in existence.
3) Heritage is everything. The Githzerai are the true heirs to the freedom granted by Gith and it is only by maintaining their history and culture that the planes can hope to stand against the threat of the Illithids. Yeah, he's a bit racist.
4) He has no time for the so called powers. Great heroes, leaders, and teachers are immortalized as revered ancestors, with important techniques and cultural elements bearing their names. The powers have done little to deserve the respect that they demand.
5) He hates rats following a terrifying experience as a child with a small pack of cranium rats.
6) He is angry all the time. Sometimes it boils over into rage and he loses control. As a Cypher he feels that he should approach the universe with calm and feels that his anger is a weakness that must be fought against constantly. As a result he often finds himself talking to himself to remind him to keep calm and not to allow others to control his actions through their words. Then he berates himself for dwelling on his thoughts rather than simply acting.

Step 2: Two goals

1) Zzin wishes to learn the ways of the Azure Fists, an order of monks living in Limbo and honing their skills against the denizens of the plane, mind flayers and githyanki.
2) Control his anger.

Step 3: Two secrets
1) Zzin grew up in Limbo in a monastery like many young Githzerai. He was trained to defend his people against the creatures of Limbo, the Githyanki and the hated illithids. He would often sneak away from his studies and try his hand at shaping the chaos around him. One day, when he was supposed to be keeping watch from one of the many towers surround the monastery he grew angry with the master and stalked off in a rage. It was during this time that a Slaad hunting party attacked and caused a massive amount of damage. It was this that led to his exile

It turns out that Zzin is less responsible for his legacy of destruction than anyone realizes. His most recent rage, the one that got her exiled, was intentionally induced by another, who also set most of the fires that brought the heaviest damage. The perpetrator of both tasks was his supposed friend, Zzembu'lon'tra'Rath, who was jealous of his successes, and wanted to claim Zzin's position for her own. Now Zzembu the traitor waits for the proper time to claim Zzim's head.

2) While he originally found the 'hairless apes' to be disgusting mockery's of her own glorious race, time has left him increasingly…attracted to them, and he is regularly plagued by fantasies of mating with non-githyanki. Worse yet, he is not sure which race he would prefer; a shameful fact, for a proud son of the Gith.

Step 4: Three people
1) Zzembu'lon'tra'Rat. Zzembu is Zzin's friend, or so he believes. In fact he is a jealous rival all too willing to murder Zzin and claim the glory of killing him to advance his own position among the monks.
2) Laude, githyanki barbarian and opposite to Zzin in many way. Laude is brash and outspoken and curiously far more in control of her temper than Zzin is. He has been trying to get help from her on how she focuses and controls her own rage but the female githyanki is unable to articulate it for him.
3) Third Chance is a tiefling street hustler who Zzin fell in with on his first day in Sigil. He likes the strange man who smells of brimstone and the pair often meet up to exchange news. Third Chance introduced Zzin to the Transcendental Order.

Step 5: Three memories
1) The fire and attack at the monastery for which he blames himself..
2) His first day in Sigil where he managed to pick a fight with a red slaad and it was only Third Chance's rescue that allowed him to survive.
3) His first encounter with Laude involved her literally falling out of the sky and landing on him. For a moment he thought he was under attack and assumed a defensive stance in preparation but Laude laughed and quipped, "Basher, the Lady must have a sense of humour to place a portal above a street."

Step 6: Quirks

1) During his escape from the monastery, Zzin ran afoul of one his kin's red dragon allies; the encounter left him with a powerful fear of fire, and any flame larger than a camp fire makes him nervous.

2) Tall even by Githyanki standards, Zzin is sensitive to cracks about his height, and will react with violence towards anyone stupid enough to do so twice.

Ionbound
2014-01-23, 09:55 PM
When are we going to have an OOC?

Eonas
2014-01-23, 10:42 PM
Well, I can put an OOC up pretty quick in theory, but the actual game will still take a few days to start (because of the aforementioned time crunch and because I kind of don't want to rush things, since when I rush games they wind up crappy).

Eonas
2014-01-24, 06:08 PM
OOC is up! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16859630#post16859630)

I really like Zzin'rith'tor's updated personality/background, by the way.