PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Spell to increase equipment size?

Thrair
2014-01-08, 11:53 AM
So... I recently moved and joined a local gaming group and am playing as an Arcane Trickster.

The party has a Harrow Deck of Many Things. I drew 4 cards: Courtesan (My Musket is now sentient), Peacock (+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex. Not worth it. >.<), and TWO Mountain Man (Go up a size category).

So I just grew TWO size categories. However, gear does not resize under this effect(although DM is ruling the gun will, since it was drawn with the cards).

Is there any spells that allow you to increase the size of your gear permanently? Or will I have to find new belts, cloaks, etc?

It'll be fun, but I was looking for ways to adjust to the changes smoothly. As it changes the focus of the character from stealth to massive feck-off Named Bullets.

*EDIT* Cleaned up the post, to clarify things.

Lord Vukodlak
2014-01-08, 12:04 PM
So... I recently moved and joined a local gaming group and am playing as an Arcane Trickster.

I drew 4 cards: Courtesan (My Musket is now sentient), Peacock (+2 Natural Armor, -2 Dex. Not worth it. >.<), and TWO Mountain Man (Go up a size category).

So I just grew TWO size categories. However, gear does not resize under this effect(although DM is ruling the gun will, since it was drawn with the cards).

Is there any spells that allow you to increase the size of your gear permanently? Or will I have to find new belts, cloaks, etc?

Either way, this character was supposed to be a sneaky scout, but now's basically a MEC Trooper from XCOM. (Musket's about 76.2mm, now. "CRY SOME MORE!")

It'll be fun, but I was looking for ways to adjust to the changes smoothly.

I have no idea what these cards are or what they are from they don't sound like the deck of many things (paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateEquipment/artifactsAndOthers/artifacts.html)

Thrair
2014-01-08, 12:17 PM
I have no idea what these cards are or what they are from they don't sound like the deck of many things (paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateEquipment/artifactsAndOthers/artifacts.html)

Harrow Deck of Many Things. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/minor-artifacts/deck-of-many-things-harrow)

JHShadon
2014-01-08, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure magical items change size with it's wearer, as for weapons, I have no idea but perhaps you could ask the DM if you could find a wizard that could do it?

By the way, you might want to have a couple casts of Reduce Person always prepared, just in case you can't fit in a place or need to stealth.

Psyren
2014-01-08, 01:57 PM
Magical gear should change size to fit you even if the card says it doesn't. If not, you'll need to work out a way to have them increased (would probably fall under improving an item?) or get new ones. Work with your DM.

As a sidenote, be sure to use your old robe/armor to cover your 2-foot grundle for the party's benefit.

Slipperychicken
2014-01-08, 03:37 PM
From the PF SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items):

Size and Magic Items

When an article of magic clothing or jewelry is discovered, most of the time size shouldn't be an issue. Many magic garments are made to be easily adjustable, or they adjust themselves magically to the wearer. Size should not keep characters of various kinds from using magic items.

There may be rare exceptions, especially with race-specific items.

Thrair
2014-01-08, 03:54 PM
The character grows one size category, gaining all the benefits and penalties of increased size. His equipment does not increase in size.

I think this is one of the aforementioned rare exceptions. After all, a two size category difference is probably a little unusual for even magic items.

The campaign's apparently fairly Monty Haul, though the encounters are brutal. So I imagine I can get replacement digs easily enough. Was just wondering if there was a way to preserve some of the specific items I have. Ah well.

Psyren
2014-01-08, 04:10 PM
That line is there so you know that mundane equipment will need to be replaced. Magic gear should still resize with you.

Look at it this way - if you had taken all your magic items off, handed them to someone in the party before drawing a card, then taken them back at the end, you would be able to put them back on. Similarly, if you kill an Ogre Mage and loot his ring of deflection, it won't fall off your finger.