PDA

View Full Version : Really Stupid UM/Practiced Spellcaster Question

lady2beetle
2014-01-08, 01:27 PM
Hey there! Real quick, stupid question.

Let's say that I'm building a Fighter1/Wizard1/Sorc1/Wizard2/UM10, and I give the sorcerer Practiced Spellcaster at lvl 3. That makes me a sorcerer of CL5 at lvl 5 when I start taking levels in UM, and everything is dandy.

My question is about level 15. At UM10, I get Arcane Spellpower +4 and a level of sorcerer spellcasting. That puts my sorcerer at a CL 16. However, Practiced Spellcaster specifically says that it doesn't give me more CL than I have HD. So, at that point, would I drop back to only getting 3 caster levels from the Practiced Spellcaster feat?

Urpriest
2014-01-08, 01:34 PM
Hey there! Real quick, stupid question.

Let's say that I'm building a Fighter1/Wizard1/Sorc1/Wizard2/UM10, and I give the sorcerer Practiced Spellcaster at lvl 3. That makes me a sorcerer of CL5 at lvl 5 when I start taking levels in UM, and everything is dandy.

My question is about level 15. At UM10, I get Arcane Spellpower +4 and a level of sorcerer spellcasting. That puts my sorcerer at a CL 16. However, Practiced Spellcaster specifically says that it doesn't give me more CL than I have HD. So, at that point, would I drop back to only getting 3 caster levels from the Practiced Spellcaster feat?

It's generally agreed that you can apply these things in the most beneficial order. So first Practiced Spellcaster, then Arcane Spellpower. That said, even if it does get restricted your progression won't be hindered.