PDA

View Full Version : Silly Cousin Interpretations

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-01-08, 01:28 PM
Earlier interpretations of OOTS by my cousin can be found at these two posts:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16611400#post16611400

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16611615#post16611615

My silly cousin's interpretation of OOTS 935 (I'm trying to be word -for-word when I can, but intelligible. Sorry if it's hard to understand):

First panel: Bald girl has brown pheasant land on her head (you can see the wing). [Nihhus Note: According to my cousin, Pheasant, like Crow, is an animal friend of Weird-Mirror-Ponytail.] She reaches her hand out backwards for a sword, which the brown-haired girl is about to hand to her (so she can kill the pheasant and get it off her head). She says, "Give me a sword". The grey-haired guy doesn't want that to happen (he likes birds), so he tries to step on the sword before Brown-hair can give it to baldy (but he misses, and just barely doesn't step on the sword). Polka-dot-hat girl looks in the mirror. The black eyebrow-beam from last strip now shows us what it does: It makes a person (that's why stick-figure outlines are black). Since Wierd-Mirror-Ponytail shot the eyebrow beam near the ship's railing last strip, the new stick person who is made is made from the railing. That's why his clothes are the same color as the top of the railing, and his tie (which he uses as a belt, because he doesn't have a wife to tie his tie for him {only girls can do ties[except if it's a clip-on]}) is the color of the sky.

Weird-Mirror-Ponytail says, "I will fight the angel!" and starts to run towards the angel, but forgot that the floor is dirty. Weird-Mirror-Ponytail is now sick. Angel says "ouch" because it hurts to be twisted up. The angel has her head turned around and facing strange. Look at her arms, she's all twisted up.

Panel Two: Weird-Mirror-Ponytail tripped when running towards the angel, and sneezed. It's a big sneeze, like Grandpa makes. It sounds like HROOOOOOOOONK-PCHeeeeeeeeeeeeW! Angel can't get out of the way fast enough! She says, "Icky icky bad bad bad!". Angel is stupid. If she was smart, she would have closed her mouth when being sneezed at. The sneeze-thing is like an amoeba. It's a fire-sneeze-amoeba (fire is yellow sometimes, like the sun; and "Weird-Mirror-Ponytail sneezed into her hands, which were on fire, but pink fire. Pink magic fire. Is the author of this on drugs, Nihhus?")

Crow is missing. Angel probably ate crow. People eat crow sometimes.

Panel Three: Weird-Mirror-Ponytail turned around and did a somersault twist in mid-trip; and is now on the other side of Stupid Angel. Since both Weird-Mirror-Ponytail and Stupid Angel are sick, they both have the same Amoeba-sneeze-thing, and it's separating into two, like at school with germs. Weird-Mirror-Ponytail has a little bit of magic fire sparking from her hands. Stupid Angel is walking backwards, to try to get out of the sneeze-fire-amoeba. Stupid Angel says, "I ate your birdy" and Wierd-Mirror-Ponytail says "Meanie!".

Panel Four: Wierd-Mirror-Ponytail did a backflip to get to the other side of Stupid Angel, apparently, Wierd-Mirror-Ponytail does this a lot, and has been doing this between this page and the last one. ("See, Nihhus, that's why Stupid Angel is all twisted up in the beginning."). Also, Wierd-Mirror-Ponytail makes a magic fire-cube to clean herself with. It makes the amoeba-sneeze-fire go "POP" and go away. The other Sneeze-amoeba-fire has spread all over Stupid Angel and is covering her. The box tries to clean her away, and that's why it says "POP". In the other place, a man wearing green and a lady with a pillow instead of legs look at the fight.

Panel Five: Blondie tries to comfort his sister, Ponytail, but he accidentally steps on her foot. He says "I'm sorry". The mother of Blondie and Ponytail holds Ponytail's head, and says, "There, there. You're going to be okay"

To be continued...

Dorsidwarf
2014-01-08, 03:11 PM
What glory is this.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-01-08, 03:35 PM
Sixth Panel: Bigboots gets up from the railing, saying "Ha-Ha!!! I turned off the orange lasers! If I can't have them, then nobody can!", and the stupid angel says "help! The purple box is trying to eat me! Make it go away, Wierd-Mirror-Ponytail, or it will eat your crow with me because I ate the crow". The man created by the black eyebrow-beam is running away from the angel-eating-and-magic-fire-sneeze-amoeba-destroying-box. This is only his second picture, so he's only two; and so he can't walk well, which is why he's leaning over.

Seventh Panel: Bandana, who is still superglued to the wheel, is trying to squiggle, squeeze, squirm, and squank her way out of it (Nihhus Note: I don't know what Squank means.) She calls for help, but none comes. She has her foot stuck in the wheel, too.

Eight Panel: "Nihhus, this is stupid. Why is there a blimp stuck to the boat. Where are the people?"

Ninth Panel: Bigboots looks at Blondie. Blondie looks scared, but doesn't realize that if Bigboots tries to kick him, that the curly-brown-haired girl in green who we saw earlier (the one with pillows instead of legs) has her head in the way of any kick. Also, Blondie has a lady, the one with the pheasant on her head, perching on his head; like last comic. Ponytails looks unhappy because she didn't get anyone to stand on her head. No fair! " Also, the floor is wrong-ways, and everyone is slipping. I think Bandana made that happen with the wheel."

Tenth Panel: Weird-Mirror-Ponytail does a jump over the stupid angel again, and zaps the Stupid Angel's belly (which is where the crow is) so as to make her spit up the crow. Weird-Mirror-Ponytail says "Give me my friend back. Nice angels don't eat friends." Also, the floor is wrong-ways again, but the other way.

Last Panel of the page: The sneeze-fire-amoeba is back, and Stupid Angel is trying to stand. She looks uncomfortable, like he's going to throw up. Her eyes are yellow, like the sneeze-amoeba-fire.

First Panel of next page: Stupid Angel coughs up the crow! Crow is Angry and yelling! Also, Stupid Angel's arms are too short to reach the Crow (she wants to eat her again). Also, Stupid Angel has her head the wrong way, she got all twisted up again.

SEcond Panel: Crow falls over, and another amoeba forms (can birds get people-sick, or do the germs that hurt people not hurt birds because birds have different germs)?

Third Panel: Wierd-Mirror-Ponytail jumped over the Stupid Angel again, getting on the other other other side. Wierd-Mirror-Ponytail is balancing on one foot on the railing of the ship! Oh no! Dangerous!

KillianHawkeye
2014-01-08, 04:28 PM
Just....... why? Why do this? :smallconfused::smallconfused:

Rakoa
2014-01-08, 04:45 PM
These are hilarious! Your cousin has a strange lens.

BaronOfHell
2014-01-08, 04:50 PM
So I imagine she can't read english? Funny to see how images gets intepretated without text, and it reminds me of when I couldn't read and only looked at pictures and guessed at what was going on.

marq
2014-01-08, 05:58 PM

I'm guessing it's a young kid explaining what's happening in the comic strip. Kids say funny things like this all the time.

Kareasint
2014-01-08, 07:06 PM
I'm guessing it's a young kid explaining what's happening in the comic strip. Kids say funny things like this all the time.

That was my interpretation as well. I am waiting to hear the next to last panel described.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-01-08, 08:15 PM
Fourth Panel: A giant bubble attempts to take the Stupid Angel back to heaven for a lesson about eating other people's friends. The person with the sword from panel one with the "gloopy hair" and the grey-haired person who tried to step on his sword in panel one look at the bubble. For some reason, Wierd-Mirror-Ponytail is now giant and is about to step on the Stupid Angel. How she balances on the straight-up surface on the railing, nobody knows. It's a secret, like suspenders. Wierd Mirror Ponytails says "I hope I don't fall off."

Fifth Panel: Stupid angel screams at the bubble and popped it (scream in green). Stupid Angel is still sick somehow, even though bubbles are made of soap and soap is clean so it should make her clean.

Sixth Panel: Weird-Mirror-Ponytails is now stuck up in the air and cannot get down. What's behind the line ending the picture? Is Weird-Mirror-Ponytails a puppet, and that's where the hand fits in? Is it a snake-tail? Is it a giant bouncy spring? Is it magic shoes that let you walk up walls? The middel and end of a caterpiller with those leg-things? the long part of a butterfly with wings? Frog legs? Cow legs with udders? Spider-legs with a web? Lizard feet? A wasp-stinger? Ant? Turtle? Camel? Sheep? Peacock? A hellicopter propeller? A pencil? Is it Regular POnytails (the bottom of Wierd Ponytails is Regular Ponytail's top, so when she flips upside down and does a headstand, her dress goes over her head to reveal Wierd Ponytails and also the other way around, like the guy in Hunchback of NOtre Dame?) (NihhusNote: My cousin just watched that movie with me, and forced me to rewind to that "every man's a king and every king's a clown" part in "Topsy Turvey" so I could understand what he meant.

The Angel can see what's going on, and that's why she's pointing and surprised. Bad angel! Pointing is rude! She says something rude, probably. Wierd Ponytails says "I didn't get rid of the box. I just made it invisible"

Seventh Panel: Wait a minute, this is just the same one as the last one. Lazy artist! (also, where are the Stupid Angel's legs? Is she a puppet, too/)

Eigth panel: Angel goes -POP!- from the invisble box from earlier. What in the world is it that's just off the edge? Is it a unicycle?

Ninth Panel: Wierd Ponytails does a victory dance and goes all "oh yeah, look at me, I'm walking on a wall! I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, going MAAAAAAAAAAAAYO, DUN-DUNDUN MAAAAAAAAAAAYO" because mayonnaise is the food of victory. (NihhusNote: My cousin's favorite food is meat sandwiches with mayonnaise, and said cousin loves to sing the "mayo song"). Crow says: I don't like being eaten.

"gloopy-hair guy" says "what do I do now? Do I kill the pheasant now?" and grey-haired guy says "NO. I like pheasants." and chops off Gloopy's knees with the sword from the first panel. (NihhusNote: My cousin doesn't say "first panel", he points to the panel and says "there").

Tenth Panel: Weird-Mirror-Ponytails says, "I'm sorry, crow. I'll never let anybody eat you again." Gloopy-hair tries to pull the sword out of his knees, but it's not working. He points at Wierd POnytails. Bad Gloopy! Pointing is rude! Also, what is it behind the line? Is it octopus arms? Mermaid tail?

Eleventh Panel: Whatever it is down there, it somehow pulled Wierd Ponytails to a giant shoe at the center of the earth, where the devils stay (This devil is the evil twin of the Stupid Angel, so she must be the Smart Devil. SHe's mad at the Angel and Bigboots because they stole her clothes away and trashed the center of the earth so she had to clean it up. They tracked sand in everywhere, all over the carpet. For some reason, this Devil has a leg that ends in a point, which looks like what a tail should be. And now, an operating table (which is there for no reason) has fallen on her legs. She says, "Hey, Weird Ponytails, nobody hurts my sister but me (I chewed off her wings), so stay away! Also, get off my leg".

Last Panel: The Smart Devil flew Weird Ponytails and Crow back to the boat somehow. Crow stole something from Smart Devil, but it's too small to see what it is. Weird Ponytails says "Gloopy, you're not doing a good job of taking the sword out of your knees. Let me help. Also, do we have any spare clothes?". Crow says, "Look what I got!" and displays it with her bird-leg.

Overview by My Cousin: Nihhus, this is stupid. I think this comic was made on drugs. It doesn't make any sense. How many pages of this are there?".

Final Note: My cousin is five years old. I have no idea why he is learning about germs separating into two at school.

GrayGriffin
2014-01-08, 09:42 PM
I am now curious-if you started having your cousin interpret the previous comics in reverse order, how long could the "Elan and Haley are siblings" thing be maintained?

Lexible
2014-01-09, 03:44 AM

:elan: Because awesome!

Objection
2014-01-09, 04:57 AM
Am I the only one a little worried that a five-year-old kid is using the phrase "on drugs"?

mucat
2014-01-09, 10:11 AM
Nihhus, your cousin is awesome as always. I will never be able to look at this scene the same way again. (How could I not see before that Laurin Stupid Angel barfed up Blackwing in Panel 12?)

Thanks for posting this!

Lexible
2014-01-09, 12:59 PM
Am I the only one a little worried that a five-year-old kid is using the phrase "on drugs"?

Maybe. I am not remotely worried about that.

martianmister
2014-01-09, 05:59 PM
You need a new cousin, current one is broken.

Also, isn't that a tumblr meme?

Miaow
2014-01-10, 04:23 PM
Sixth Panel: Weird-Mirror-Ponytails is now stuck up in the air and cannot get down. What's behind the line ending the picture? Is Weird-Mirror-Ponytails a puppet, ... Camel? ...

Wow, your cousin discovered V's secret ancestry quickly! :smallbiggrin:

Qaanol
2014-01-10, 04:56 PM
Yes, yes, and more yeses!

It's a secret, like suspenders.
Also, sig’d (and my first ever sig quote!) if it's okay with you.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-01-10, 06:24 PM
Yes, yes, and more yeses!

Also, sig’d (and my first ever sig quote!) if it's okay with you.

Totally fine with me! First time I got to be in a signature!

Qaanol
2014-01-10, 09:42 PM
Awesome, thanks. I look forward to reading more of these!

kiapet
2014-01-15, 08:33 PM
Your cousin is a wonderfully opinionated, imaginative little boy. He makes me think of my own little relatives. Keep posting these- they're hilarious! :smallsmile:

AlaskaOOTSFan
2014-01-16, 11:26 PM
Is your cousin Luna?

Bulldog Psion
2014-01-17, 12:04 AM
If your cousin's really making this stuff up, it's hilarious.

If you're making it up for the sake of humor, I congratulate you on being able to simulate the thought processes of a small child so well.

*Applause*

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-01-21, 08:44 PM
My cousin should be visiting in February.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-02-03, 01:28 PM
Cousin Visit!

OOTS 936:

First Panel: Bigboots is trying to do a pull-up to get back on the boat, but his boots are big, so it's hard to get his feet up, so he hangs on with his hands. Also, one of his arms has a broken hand that curves backwards. Ouch, that must really hurt. Apparently the floor is the cushion-part of a sofa now, because Blondie is sitting on it "look where he legs come out. The black line, it works like a chair" (Nihhus Note: I'm not sure what he means here.

Blondie is holding a terrible-looking cello towards us, or towards the audience, or towards the drawer, or something. Whichever direction. He holds it this way to face it away from Bigboots, and blondie says "You hurt my sister's arm! You can't have her cello, too!" because only girls can play cello (Nihhus Note: My little sister plays the Cello, and she likes to show everybody videos of Tanya Anisimova; and also Wendy Warner; so my cousin logically concluded that only girls can play the cello.)

Bigboots says: "That's a terrible cello and I hate it. Also, look at me when I'm talking to you. It's so rude that you look the other way. Eye contact, please." (Nihhus Note: I have no idea where he got the phrase "eye contact" from. Presumably from school).

Panel two: Bigboots, with a great display of strength, pulls the boat over to the sideways. Look at the line he's grabbing, it went the other way last picture. The wave this makes probably scares away the sharks and Mister Longarm from way back when (Blondie bit Mister Longarm's arm at the very beginning, back when there were head-lasers). Mom always says not to make waves. Bad bigboots!

Bigboots says, "Where did my friend the Angel go?" (he doesn't call her stupid angel because they are friends. And you only call your friends stupid when it's okay with them. Because if they're not okay with it, then you're not friends anymore.)

Panel Three: Bigboots, with another mighty display of strength, pushes the boat completely over sideways so that the side is the top, and the other side is the bottom, and the floor is like a wall. Now that it's all turned, Bigboots can lift up his legs to get back on the boat. I have no idea how Blondie is floating, or why Blondie turned to face Bigboots.

Probably, everyone drowned now. That's what happens when ships turn over.

Also, he pushed it so hard that it made the wind go the other direction, blowing his coat right instead of left.

Panel Four: Blondie butt-shoves the boat back to normal-ways; and is now standing on the black line that was the corner of the sofa earlier. (Nihhus Note: I think I can kind of see the sofa now... am I going insane?).

Panel Five: Bigboots shoves the ship to make it go the other other sideways, and says "Finally, now I have eye contact. That wasn't hard, blondie, was it?"

Panel Six: Normal Ponytails says "HERE'S SOME EYE CONTACTS, BIGBOOTS!" and shoots two arrows that are either steaming or on fire with her boot which is now impaled in her broken arm. She doesn't realize that her other foot is stuck in the bowstring. Wait, maybe they're stink guns.

Panel Seven: the eye contacts / arrows become very small and fly towards Bigboots. The bow springs back on Normal Ponytails's leg (spring sound in blue). Just behind Normal Ponytails, you can see Ponytails's and Blondie's mother, and she reactivated the head-lasers, she can do that, because she's smart. We also see the girl with a pheasant on her head. I think she's not wearing pants, and that's why the line makes it so you don't see the rest of her.

The floor is turned, but the other way again. The wind reversed again.

Panel Eight: the eye contacts are almost in bigboots eyes. Oh, that's why they're steaming, because they're supposed to hurt when you put them in and they make you cry, like onions. Maybe it's stink fumes and this is an onion eye contact arrow pair. bigboots turned the ship again, so the arrows must have curved around to chase him.

Panel Nine: OUCH! Bigboots puts his hands in the way of the arrows so they get impaled on the arrows and it really hurts but it doesn't go into his eyes. Pain sparks in blue. Also, what should look like a cape now looks like a spare set of pants.

Panel Ten: Someone shoved the ship to tilt the other way, and now bigboots is falling off unless his shoes are sticky; if they are, he can stick to the side. The arrows don't stink anymore, and they start falling. Blondie turned himself around again; like in the hokey pokey.

To be continued...

Grey Watcher
2014-02-03, 01:51 PM
Normal Ponytails says "HERE'S SOME EYE CONTACTS, BIGBOOTS!"

I approve of this battle cry.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-02-10, 01:23 PM
Sorry for the delay; I've recorded my cousin's interpretation in sound; but I haven't put it into postable form yet (have to fit each "that picture right there" to a panel (he interprets them in order, but then goes back and points out details he missed the first time, and asks questions).

Panel eleven (last panel of page one): The ship is turned the other other other other other way. This is getting old. No wonder people get seasick. Bigboots says "help! I can't swim in this armor! Don't let mister longarm or the sharks eat me!" While Blondie looks all scared-like at something we can't see behind Bigboots. It looks like Bigboots's wrinkles fell off, the ones near his eyes that we saw when the arrows were close. One of them went outside his head, ewwwwwww. Was it already peeling off? With his other hand, Bigboots tries to do that thing where your hand goes on fire and then something cool happens; like the angel did and like Weird Mirror Ponytails did; but it doesn't work. Blondie is holding the cello with his fingertips, and I think he's going to drop it. Now Blondie has Bigboots's face-wrinkles, but they don't stick well to his face, one of them seems to be peeling off like what happened to Bigboots. Blondie says "I won't help you! You hurt my sibling!" (bling bling sibling bling It's fun to say sibling. bling bling bling bling blananaphlone)

Page two, panel one: Bigboots is becoming small. That won't help him. Blondie is also small; but Blondie is hanging on with both hands; so he must have dropped the cello; which is probably being eaten by either Mister Longarm or the sharks. Blondie says: "Behind you, meanie Bigboots! Look behind you!"

Panel two: Bigboots says "I'm not falling for that. Get it? Falling for that?. And give me back my wrinkles. They're mine."

Panel three: Blondie says "Here ya go. No, really, look behind you. Also, Hi five!" as he reaches out his hand for a high five.

Panel four: Bigboots reaches out his arm to catch the wrinkles. Blondie says "Seriously, man. Look behind you!"

Panel five: Blondie says "I mean it! Also, in the middle", waiting for Bigboots to do a middle-five while Bigboots puts his wrinkles back on.

Panel six: Bigboots says "Down low!" and reaches out for a down-five. He should have used that hand to grab the top of the edge.

Panel seven: Blondie says, "TOO SLOW", and lifts both his hands up in the air sometimes, saying "tooo slow, your hair is mayooooo" Bigboots tried to use his other hand, and fell. He makes magic blue lines to save himself (it works almost like the head laser, but it's not on your head), but by the time they exist, he's fallen too far to get them.

Panel Eight: Bigboots realizes the time it takes to make a blue laser magic line is too long for his hands to reach; so he tries to reach it with his foot. In this world, the sky is all yucky-color; and so is the water; so he's falling down through the sea...

Pane ine: Bigboots kicks up his cape to reach the laser-blue-line-magic; but it's just out of reach. He passes a scuba diver without scuba gear, getting up to a different boat with a twisty arm-laser. I think the scubaman went down to get the shiny sword. Scuba-man has a sideburns that is a foot long.

Panel ten: Bigboots is almost to the bottom of the ocean!

To be continued...

Kish
2014-02-10, 01:48 PM
Bigboots did indeed hurt Blondie's sibling, albeit not the sibling the cousin thinks, and that is a part of Blondie's reason for not pulling him up.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-02-19, 01:22 PM
Sorry, I've been having school and haven't had the time to put it into postable form.

Anyways, I really wonder what my cousin will think about today's strip...

AstralFire
2014-02-19, 01:29 PM

Kids are introduced to anti-drug campaigns really early, and as far as cellular reproduction goes, it's not hard to accidentally stumble upon mitosis and meiosis in casual mentions.

mucat
2014-02-19, 01:35 PM
Sorry, I've been having school and haven't had the time to put it into postable form.

Take your time, of course...and thanks for writing these! They are always fun to read.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-03-01, 08:31 PM
Cousin's birthday. He's six now.

mikeejimbo
2014-03-03, 06:10 PM
Nooooooo, the precious age of innocence is soon gone! Quick, make him do the rest of them before he learns to read! You must bottle this fleeting nostalgia of the bygone youthful naivety that we ever strive for but cannot reach, for it is too late. With wisdom comes sorrow that cannot be undone, even by losing your wisdom.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-03-04, 07:19 PM
Nooooooo, the precious age of innocence is soon gone! Quick, make him do the rest of them before he learns to read! You must bottle this fleeting nostalgia of the bygone youthful naivety that we ever strive for but cannot reach, for it is too late. With wisdom comes sorrow that cannot be undone, even by losing your wisdom.

I tend to print out the strip I want him to read, and I cross out the words. Learning to read isn't an issue.

And, hey, Six is just as great as five.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-04, 08:41 PM
I tend to print out the strip I want him to read, and I cross out the words. Learning to read isn't an issue.

When do you think you'll be able to type the next one?

mikeejimbo
2014-03-04, 11:29 PM

That's a good idea, and also an interesting exercise regardless of reading ability.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-03-05, 08:41 PM
When do you think you'll be able to type the next one?
I have the next three strips recorded, but not typed.

(He's mad that Ponytails and Wierd MIrror Ponytails are shown in the same picture.)

Page three of strip 936:

Panel one: Bigboots hits the bottom of the lake/ocean/sea/water. You can see he goes a bit underground because the top of the sand is over there. This sends sand everywhere. This happens a lot. (Nihhus Note: this seems to be a reference to what he surmised about Smart Devil and why she was sweeping in her one panel). His boots are filled with water now, and they seem to be floating up. Without his Big boots, he can't be Bigboots. It's like Curious George if he wasn't curious and wasn't named George. It's a thing that you don't know what to call it.

Panel two: Bigboots is strong enough to force his boots down with his feet and he does a fliparound so his belly isn't facing the top of the lake/ocean/sea. Also, he does a one-handed push up because his other arm is sticking out the wrong way. He's so mad, you can see his teeth!

Also, the angry V drawn on him at the beginning is still there, because apparently, Ponytails and Blondie use permanent ink.

Panel Three: Bigboots is gong to get a mouth full of sand and water if he doesn't close his mouth. His arm is now the right way again. You can see the sand getting in his mouth. He starts to stand up. He yells "I'M MAD AT EVERYBODY! THIS IS NOT FUN!" He got his head above the top of the sand. The scubadiver does not hear his yelling.

PPanel Four: Bigboots screams: "OO NU, AH SWALLERF MU TEEF! HULF!" (NihhusNote: I cannot transcribe my Cousin's imitation of a person underwater having swallowed his own teeth. I am sorry). He puts his hands up in the air some times, but this is not victory, and there is no mayo for him to eat. Only sand, and water. And you can't eat water. Also, there isn't air for him to put his hands up in. At least he closed his eyes. WHy are there no fish?

Panel five: BIgboots is sinking through the ground. You can see purple ocean-mountains way over there. Unless those are purple teeth and this is all in a giant mouth. But I don't think so.

Panel Six: Bigboots yells: "Ih IM NURT URKAY WIF DISH! STURPURD ULNGUL, HUUULP!" (again, I am unable to transcribe a six-year-old imitating a man with sand and water in his mouth who is underwater and who has swallowed his teeth.)

Nihhus, this makes no sense. He's going to sink down to the center of the earth and meet the Smart Devil, and then that's going to cause trouble. What happens to Bigboots next? Does the Smart Devil steal his clothes like he stole hers? Does the girl stuck to the wheel ever get off?

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-05, 08:57 PM
"OO NU, AH SWALLERF MU TEEF! HULF!"

:smallamused: That is so ridiculous funny! I don't think I'll ever be able to see a character shouting without thinking of your cousin's interpretation.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-03-14, 03:43 PM
I think it only occured to him because a few panels before that, we had seen Bigboots's teeth.

In addition to having the next three recorded, over this week (spring break) we've recoded four. ONly three beind the current one.

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-03-31, 08:59 AM
Bumping so this thread won't die.

riaierb
2014-04-01, 09:18 PM
Is you cousins last name lovegood?

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-04-02, 12:35 PM
Is you cousins last name lovegood?
Nope.

Page 937:

First panel: The boat, again. Booooooooring. We see the lines that Bigboots used last time to try and climb up and save himself.

Second Panel: Oh dear, Crow lost the thing she picked up when Weird Mirror Ponytails fought the Stupid Angel. Also, her bird-toes are missing on one foot. Probably, both are on the boat, and a band-aid will stick the toes back on. Crow looks like to be missing a wing, but this is not actually what is happening. Actually, Weird Mirror Ponytails is helping Crow learn to put her wings down ("remember, nihhus, how Crow couldn't put her wings down before?") For a second, I thought the thing crow picked up before was the yellow clasp for the bow-tie Weird Mirror Ponytails is wearing, but nope. Also, the reason we can't tell Wierd Mirror Ponytails's hands from Crow is that when Crow got all ickied up in the sicky fight, it was stickied and ickied (and lickied by the angel), so she is stuck like glue to Weird Mirror Ponytail's hands. Very tricky to get out of. Once again, we don't see what's under Weird Mirror Ponytails. Right now, I'm thinking pogo stick; because everyone else's feet are on the ground. But why does a pogo stick make you big? Oh wait, Weird Mirror Ponytails can do that, remember, in that fight with the angel. Is there anything Weird Mirror Ponytails can't do?

So, Blondie comforts his sister, Ponytails, with the help of their mom, who seems to have turned off the orange head-lasers because I don't now. Ponytails has her arm in her mom's bonnet because blood is wet and it needs to soak up, also, when you're hurt, you need something soft like a blanket. Also, it smells like her mom, and she likes her mom because OF COURSE SHE LIKES HER MOM. EVERYBODY LIKES MOMS.

(also, Blondie is holding her arm/hand/elbow/sholder to make her feel better, which is why his arm is sticking in the bonnet. "Eww, his hand will get bloody. Awwww, he's a nice brother. But ewwww.")

Oh, it's shorty again. Where did he put his friends, Lilly Lizard and Kitty Pink? Did they fall off? Cats hate getting wet! Shorty waves his arms to get Bandana's attention, but Shorty can't talk. ("Nihhus, he has no tongue. How does he taste" "awful, cuz" "Bad joke, Nihhus. I'mma punch you." -NIHHUSNOTE: I did, in fact, get punched. It hurt.) Shorty is no longer head-stabbed with the green-handled sword; but the impaled man is still poked though on that sword. He walks toward Shorty, does he want another head-ride? Not fair, mister poked-though. The rule is that taller people give rides to the shorter people. Why does mister Poked-Through have one boot so bigger than the other? Is one of his feet bigger than the other? Wait, maybe Mister Poked-through is actually a girl! I don't know! Poked-Through is carrying popsicles for everyone. Why? "Nobody knows. This comic is stupid and makes no sense. My brother could do better."

Panel Three: Poked-Through did a flip over Shorty and is presenting popsicles to Blondie and his family. Blondie reaches for them with his non-bloody hand because he's not dumb. Shorty doesn't get any popsicles. That's what happens when you don't have a tongue. Bandana, still superglued to the wheel, is almost about to cry. She begs "GET ME OUT OF HERE! GET ME OFF OF THIS WHEEL! I WANT POPSICLES!"

WAIT A MINUTE NIHHUS! WHY IN THE SECOND PICTURE WERE PONYTAILS AND HER WEIRD-MIRROR VERSION IN THE SAME PICTURE! THAT DOESN'T WORK!

Also, those must be good popsicles, because

Panel Four: We see the scubaman in fancy business clothes all smiling and happy. He has a rock crushing his legs and one arm, but he's smiling because the rock has a popsicle on it. Behind him is a white square, maybe that's a scary thing like the purple cube of the Weird Mirror Ponytails / Stupid Angel fight. That's stupid. Nobody likes popsicles that much.

Panel Five: Scubaman? Why is he now on the boat? Where's the sword he got? Did he already put it away? Well, he comes, looking all happy, putting his hands up in the air and going "aaaayooo, I'd like some maaaaaayoooo, i mean, popsicles" (YEESH, my cousin likes that stupid "mayo song).

Poked-through looks unhappy. Maybe he realized that he's never bent his legs and doesn't have knees. How do you kneel to pray if you don't have knees? Church must be hard for poor Poked-though.

Panel Six: Scubaman asks "Can anyone here do tricks with your hands? Like, talking or something. Sign language?". Blondie tries to impress Scubaman by doing the "here's the church, here's the steeple, open the doors and see all the people" trick, but that's not what Scubaman is talking about. We see that Blondie has teeth. Square teeth. Poked-through says to bandana: "I'd help you, but I can't bend my legs and I have a sword through my body and part of my head. Wait, where's shorty? Oh well. Probably with his animals."

Panel Seven: Scubaman asks poked-through "Do you know sign language? I need sign language" and Poked-through asks why Scubaman needs sign language. (stupid poked-through. You need sign language so you can talk underwater. Scubaman scubadives so of course he needs that. Also, Poked-Through asks Scubaman to help Bandana, but Scubaman says, "nah".)

Panel Eight: Poked-through says "Wait! I know the alphabet of sign language" and makes a perfect k. But Scubaman says, "that's not enough. I need to save someone. I need words and stuff.".

Last Panel: We see who Scubaman was wanting to save: Someone who looks exactly like Scubaman but is younger and has the same coat. Maybe it's his son? Well, it looks like his son has been kidnapped by evil doctors with evil headlasers-third-eye things. Bald doctors who don't have ears. Oh, they can't hear, that's why Scubaman wants to know sign language. Well, Scubaman's son (I think it's his son) is escaping! With a rope!

"Nihhus, what do you mean there are over a hundred of these?"

GrayGriffin
2014-04-02, 01:27 PM
Also, it smells like her mom, and she likes her mom because OF COURSE SHE LIKES HER MOM. EVERYBODY LIKES MOMS.

This is adorable.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-04-02, 03:01 PM
*claps* Bravo!

What I think is really amazing about these things (besides how funny they are, of course) is how many details you pick up when the words aren't there any more, like Roy's "K"or that Julio's hair color is different in the last panel.

warrl
2014-04-02, 07:12 PM
Are you secretly (from cousin) sharing these with cousin's parents?

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-04-02, 07:22 PM
Are you secretly (from cousin) sharing these with cousin's parents?

Yes. They find it very entertaining; and, which is more important, they have a right to know.

(I show them the OOTS page with the words crossed out first. They haven't objected to any of the images. If they had, I'd show my cousin a different OOTS strip. Only issue has been Sabine's scantily-cladness; but they were all like, "heck, it's about on the level of captain underpants, and certain strips of Calvin and Hobbes. Just keep that as the limit, okay?")

I'd never, ever show the little guy something like Tarol Hunt's Goblins.

colanderman
2014-04-02, 10:40 PM
Poked-through looks unhappy. Maybe he realized that he's never bent his legs and doesn't have knees.

… how does he notice these things!!

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-04-08, 12:56 PM
Cousin VISIT: Caught up to current strip. All that remains is converting it to readable form.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-04-08, 03:31 PM
Cousin VISIT: Caught up to current strip. All that remains is converting it to readable form.

Can't wait!