PDA

View Full Version : Possession and animate object tricks

CyberThread
2014-01-08, 08:11 PM
So fiend of possession , level 4, gets access to animating objects of up to a gargantuan size. Now lacking really other base class tricks, I find myself leaning heavily on animating objects, ethralness for scouting, and the weapon enhancement ability.

What sort of tricks, can be done with these three tools, without the DM being to worried or getting second thoughts about allowing the PRC?

Crake
2014-01-08, 08:48 PM
So fiend of possession , level 4, gets access to animating objects of up to a gargantuan size. Now lacking really other base class tricks, I find myself leaning heavily on animating objects, ethralness for scouting, and the weapon enhancement ability.

What sort of tricks, can be done with these three tools, without the DM being to worried or getting second thoughts about allowing the PRC?

Possess a gargantuan statue, walk around punching people? When someone breaks you, get someone to repair the statue with oh, i dunno, fabricate? rinse repeat

Segev
2014-01-08, 09:05 PM
It's worth noting that an animated door can unlock and open itself.

Weapon enhancement is probably your weakest power, as it reduces the actions your party has by one character. However, it does let you enchant anything your party beatstick picks up, if that's ever important.

It might be better to use the weapon "enchantment" power to possess foes' weapons and curse them, if that's an option.

Really, just keep your eye on the environment and watch for neat things you can animate to do odd stuff. Traps can reset themselves and intentionally target foes. Loose architecture can deliberately fall. The party doesn't need a pack animal to pull its cart or wagon; you can make it move on its own.

In fact, if you want to and can convince the party, decking out said wagon into a battle vehicle with scythed wheels and lots of pointy bits on hinges could give you a tanky and dangerous "body" that also can carry loot and other important things. Keep some smaller objects around to possess for tighter spaces. And use your Etherealness to sneak up behind foes.

CyberThread
2014-01-09, 01:54 AM
thanks for some tips