PDA

View Full Version : When did V learn about Haley's secret?

Zosete
2014-01-08, 09:22 PM
Hardly a spoiler at this time, but just in case, I'm talking about

his father's kidnapping and the ransom letter

While reading War and XPs I took a look into the wiki and there it is. Varsuuvius (and Elan) were the only ones who knew about it before the rest of the party. Found the same affirmation in a discussion thread.

Can't remember now, but probably Haley tells Elan at some point. But I've gone mad trying to find when does V get in the loop. Not in Origin, that's for sure. In fact, Origin doesn't spoil why Haley needs the money that bad or what did the letter say. Still, it seems general knowledge. Anyone willing to enlighten me?

Geordnet
2014-01-08, 09:31 PM
SoD is the villains' background story. The OotS's background is detailed in the aptly named On the Origin of PCs.

I once read part of it in a store, (actually my first exposure to OotS) and the letter is in fact shown there. I didn't finish it, though; so it's possible that she told V in it.

NerdyKris
2014-01-08, 09:37 PM
Haley does not show the letter to V in Origin. What strip are you seeing in War and XP's (as in link to the online comic version) that implies V knew about the letter?

Only Elan knew about it, and Haley told him at the end of Don't Split the Party.

malloyd
2014-01-08, 09:42 PM
I think it hinges on the cryptogram reveals - it's one of the ones she tries before the one even V doesn't know. And it presumably happens off camera, possibly before the formation of the Order

NerdyKris
2014-01-08, 09:57 PM
I think it hinges on the cryptogram reveals - it's one of the ones she tries before the one even V doesn't know. And it presumably happens off camera, possibly before the formation of the Order

Then it can be inferred, but there is not in comic proof that she has ever told anyone other than Elan prior to Roy meeting her father.

martianmister
2014-01-09, 05:52 PM
It's from #309: (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0309.html)

Panel 7: Uv ehe nb aynwp kyre fhwbdu av hw yjnr enlchcdf.
My dad is being held ransom by an evil dictator.

Panel 10: Oh, no, it couldn't be THAT, could it? Even V doesn't know that one...

Zosete
2014-01-13, 08:55 PM
Ok, It was a big misreading of mine in TVtropes, not the wikia, my bad. Thank goodness, I was going OCD all over the place trying to find it. Thanks for your reaffirmative words, fellows.

Although the implication that V knows every other secret but the big one, as stated in the diner strip, makes sense.
DUN-DUN DUNNN!!

Gift Jeraff
2014-01-13, 08:58 PM
She told him/her off-panel sometime before #309.