PDA

View Full Version : Would the Deep template from Dragon 306 make someone look drowy?

RPGaddict28
2014-01-08, 09:52 PM
A player in a campaign of mine has taken the Deep LA1 template on a dwarf. I'm wondering if that would give them white hair and black/grey skin.

The Insanity
2014-01-08, 11:21 PM
Up to you. Fluff is mutable.

Lucid
2014-01-09, 01:31 AM
Up to you. Fluff is mutable. While this is definitely true, I'd say they'd look the opposite of drow.
Common characteristics among underdark dwellers as well as creatures living in the dark places of our own world are pale skin, because of lack of pigment and big or blind/no eyes.

For examples in d&d you have Svirfneblin, deep Imaskari, Gloura and Grimlocks. Also look at Gollum, deepsea fish and cavedwelling salamanders and such.
Drow and Duergar are pretty much the exception to the rule.

Coidzor
2014-01-09, 01:34 AM
While this is definitely true, I'd say they'd look the opposite of drow.
Common characteristics among underdark dwellers as well as creatures living in the dark places of our own world are pale skin, because of lack of pigment and big or blind/no eyes.

For examples in d&d you have Svirfneblin, deep Imaskari, Gloura and Grimlocks. Also look at Gollum, deepsea fish and cavedwelling salamanders and such.
Drow and Duergar are pretty much the exception to the rule.

And they've just divine meddling/curses to thank for that more than living in the Underdark, IIRC.

Vanitas
2014-01-09, 02:07 AM
Up to you. Fluff is mutable.

So is crunch, making that statement completely pointless.

The Insanity
2014-01-09, 03:32 AM
So is crunch, making that statement completely pointless.
That's like, your opinion, man.