PDA

View Full Version : Kempachi Zaraki help please!!!

evyldead
2014-01-08, 11:05 PM
Okay so my DM asked me if I would like to play run a different game with him and my brother and it is based on the soul reaper society from bleach now I have a question... How would you build Kempachi Zaraki ??? I have no idea I read up on it people say barbarian others psyonics, and well barbarian doesn't seem to fit him and I'm not that familiar with psyonics. Others also say use the ToB book but that is off limits because no one i know has that book so its not being used. All the books I can use to build him are phb 3.5, DMG 3.5, mm 3.5, complete arcane, divine, warrior, champion, mage, miniatures handbook. I would like to know what items, feats, classes and weapons and armor he would use and be using if anything comes up please let me know!!! Thank you for all your help! I will be on for the awhile so let's talk fast :)

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-08, 11:12 PM
The major characters from bleach are on a different scale of power than the standard 1-20 characters in D&D. Especially with the limited sources you've listed, its just not possible to do any of them justice as anything less than epic characters.

geekintheground
2014-01-08, 11:31 PM
when in the story does the game take place? if youre using the current characters than only epic levels could come close. and it would need way more sources than that.
if its the 1st time you meet him, zaraki could be a half orc barbarian, chaotic neutral or evil, rage fluffed as him taking off his eye patch.

claypigeons
2014-01-08, 11:37 PM
Okay so my DM asked me if I would like to play run a different game with him and my brother and it is based on the soul reaper society from bleach now I have a question... How would you build Kempachi Zaraki ??? I have no idea I read up on it people say barbarian others psyonics, and well barbarian doesn't seem to fit him and I'm not that familiar with psyonics. Others also say use the ToB book but that is off limits because no one i know has that book so its not being used. All the books I can use to build him are phb 3.5, DMG 3.5, mm 3.5, complete arcane, divine, warrior, champion, mage, miniatures handbook. I would like to know what items, feats, classes and weapons and armor he would use and be using if anything comes up please let me know!!! Thank you for all your help! I will be on for the awhile so let's talk fast :)

Kenpachi Zaraki is a Psychic Warrior that spends all his power points on Vigor.

Psy-war is availabke online for free in the SRD. Google D20SRD.

That said... Pick up the feat Psicrystal Affinity. Get Vigor and Share Pain as powers knowni believe you'll need Expanded Knowledge for that.) Kenpachi just takes hits. Manifesting Share Pain and then sharing Vigor with your psicrystal effectively doubles the punishment you can take. Beyond that, use the rest of your feats to be good/bettet at combat.

geekintheground
2014-01-08, 11:40 PM
he doesnt JUST take hits. in terms of raw power, he's the strongest in that manga (yes, even greater than the fanfic gone wrong himself: Ichigo) meaning he deals INSANE damage. youd need template stacking to get to his str score pre-epic. (his ability to take a blow IS pretty high though, he has a massive con and a huge DR to boot, but his greatest asset is his damage output)

Snowbluff
2014-01-08, 11:44 PM
I'd say he's a Warblade. He's used IHS a few times on the show.

According to my friend, he has Power Attack and EWP: Bastard Sword, and only figures out how much more damage it does if hew were to wield his katana in 2 hands.

CyberThread
2014-01-08, 11:45 PM
you really need access to tomb of battle :(, Kempachi, is the perfect example of a crusader, someone that hits, takes hits, and seems to have infinite amount of HP.

Your not going to do it with what you got, am sorry :(

Snowbluff
2014-01-08, 11:47 PM
tomb of battle
It's a pun because he's in the land of souls/the after world.
Get it? :smallwink:

JW86
2014-01-08, 11:52 PM
If you google this topic you'll find a few suggestions.

To do justice for Zaraki Kenpachi you would probably need absurdly high STR and CON, probably an epic Barbarian. Put feats into DR (epic damage reduction) and get it as high as possible.

Power Attack is good. Does so much damage one-handed, when he goes two-handed suddenly does more damage.

ToB would be useful for a Soul Reaper Bleach imitation.. ToB is like the book of anime-style swordplay shenanigans.

Another idea, borrowing from (3.0?), whilst not strictly canon to bleach, would be a Wrathful Healing enchantment on the sword. For every 2 damage dealt, regain 1 hit point. It would kind of help represent his ability to keep fighting as he takes damage, and to actually revel in it. Coupled with a refluffed 'Rage' would probably represent his escalating power as the fight draws on.

Have fun!

HolyCouncilMagi
2014-01-08, 11:54 PM
You're really using the wrong system; there are two Bleach d20 systems, one of which is actually pretty good and doesn't use classes. That game (simply titled Bleach d20 Classless) is much better for Bleach themed campaigns. 3.5 is pretty terrible for it, Kenpachi and Bleach in general. Plus, it's not hard to learn if you're used to 3.5 and other d20 games. Give it a try.

Otherwise, what was said above is probably the best approximation. Barbarian with a huge Con score, with a few rage-boosting feats if they're available. Make sure to wield weapons one-handed all the time, unless you find an opponent you can "get serious with" in which case you switch to using the same one-handed weapon with both hands.

Gemini476
2014-01-08, 11:57 PM
I don't remember, what book was the Frenzied Berserker in? Because that class fits him to a T.

Actually, he might be the easiest Bleach character to model in D&D short of some other outliers like early Quincies (Soulbow?). He lacks all of the magical stuff that everyone else has, and his big defining things are that he hits hard and stays alive.

So basically, you want someone who exemplifies that. A Frenzied Berserker will keep him alive during the fight with Deathless Frenzy, and gives Supreme Power Attack for some tasty damage.

So you want Lion Totem Barbarian 1, not Whirling Frenzy since it doesn't stack with Frenzy (and arguably doesn't allow you to take the Rage feats), some Full BAB class for five levels (maybe a Full BAB PrC at level 6?), and then four levels of Frenzied Berserker to get Deathless Frenzy.
Maybe Barbarian 1/Fighter 4/PrC 1/Frenzied Berserker 4, since most of your feats are eaten up for qualification.

Feats:
1: Power Attack
Human: Cleave
F1: Free!
F2: Free!
3: Intimidating Rage [Complete Warrior]
F4: Free!
6: Destructive Rage [
9: Free!

That's a somewhat simple build, but gets you most of his big qualities. Add in Shock Trooper [Complete Warrior] so that you tank AC instead of BAB for Power Attack. Hey, it fits him. He's the kind of guy who would take a blow to shiv you.
It also lets you get +64 damage from Supreme Power Attack at level 16, which is nice. TWO HANDED STYLE IS BEST STYLE.

Also, just checking: This is the list of books you are allowed, right?
Player's Handbook (Barbarian [Class], Fighter [Class], Human [Race], Power Attack [Feat], Cleave [Feat])
Dungeon Masters Guide
Monster Manual
Complete Arcane
-||- Warrior (Frenzied Berserker [Class], Shock Trooper [Feat], Intimidating Rage [Feat], Destructive Rage [Feat])
-||- Divine
-||- Champion
-||- Mage
Miniatures Handbook

What level are you starting at? The build I made up there is level 10, but if you're starting at a lower level you might need a different build and such.
Also, you are going to be Chaotic. Probably Chaotic Evil or Neutral if you stay true to the character.

...Does anyone know of any good Full BAB classes available at level 5 that Chaotic characters qualify for? Ideally something that gives an aura of fear or something, since Kenpachi is a pretty intimidating guy.

JW86
2014-01-09, 12:09 AM
...Does anyone know of any good Full BAB classes available at level 5 that Chaotic characters qualify for? Ideally something that gives an aura of fear or something, since Kenpachi is a pretty intimidating guy.

Well, Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian.. level 5 or 7 I believe.. has a ROAR option and opponents make a will save dc = 10+barb levels+str mod or become shaken. Just refluff that from roar to generally awesome reiatsu?

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-09, 12:23 AM
Frenzied Berserker fails to capture Kenpachi utterly.

The damage -might- get close (not nearly close enough, IMO) but deathless frenzy is definitely not what Kenpachi's ability to shrug off blows is. It'd be much more accurately represented by massive damage reduction or some other form of damage mitigation that prevents him from getting hurt.

Then there's the fact that, in spite of his wild personality and appearance, Kenpachi exhibits tremendous self-control during battle; intentionally holding back the lion's share of his power against anyone who might prove to be an interesting foe. He -never- goes all out against anyone in any part of the series that I've seen; something a berserker can't help but do in -every- battle.

Ramza00
2014-01-09, 12:31 AM
Mineral Warrior, Lolth Touched, Mongrelfolk for the race

1 LA Mineral Warrior: +2 Str, +4 Con, -2 Int (minimum 1), -2 Wis, -2 Cha.
1 LA Lolth Touched: +6 Str, +6 Con
0 LA Mongrefolk Race (a variant humanoid (human race): +4 Con, -2 Int, -4 Cha
Total: +8 Str, +14 Con, -4 Int, -2 Wis, -6 Cha

Damage Reduction (Ex): A mineral warrior gains damage reduction 8/adamantine. If it already has damage reduction, it retains both versions and uses the best one that applies.

Going into Frenzied Berserker but you have an awesome will save due to two feat chains (takes 4 normal feats, and some gp for otulgyh hole)

Endurance -> Steadfast Determination which allows your Con instead of your Wisdom to Will Saves.

Bullheaded (regional feat from Players Guide to Faerun, requires Human, Dwarf, or a couple other races) you gain a +2 bonus to will saves in addition you ignore the effects of the shaken edition
Iron Will (get it by otulgyh hole), gain a +2 bonus to will saves->
Cumbrous Will (Savage Species) requires Iron Will, whenever you are subject to an effect that requires a will save you can add a +6 bonus to your save in exchange for being shaken. Bullheaded makes you ignore the shaken condition.

Whirling Frenzy Lion Totem Barbarian 1/X 1/Fighter 4/Frenzied Berserker 10/X 4
Feats
1 Bull Headed
1 (flaw) Destructive Rage
1 (flaw) Intimidating Rage
3 Cumbrous Will
6 Endurance
9 Steadfast Determination
12 Open
15 Open
18 Open
Fighter 1 Power Attack
Fighter 2 Cleave
Fighter 4 Open
Barbarian 1: Whirling Frenzy instead of Rage
Barbarian 1: Pounce instead of fast movement

So with the +7 Racial Bonus to Con, and the +10 to Will Saves through the cumbrous will feat chain that is a +17 to will before classes, magic items, and whatever con you put into your class.

Ramza00
2014-01-09, 12:33 AM
Wouldn't that be Frenzied Berserker with a tremendous will save representing that Kenpachi is a blood knight but his tremendous self control is the reason he hasn't killed everything...yet.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-09, 12:37 AM
Wouldn't that be Frenzied Berserker with a tremendous will save representing that Kenpachi is a blood knight but his tremendous self control is the reason he hasn't killed everything...yet.

Doesn't change the issue I mentioned with deathless frenzy being a terrible model for his ability to shrug off hits.

Even a massive will save will result in a natural 1 approximately once in every 20 battles. He should be killing subordinates and allies with no small degree of frequency.

There's also the sheer damage he's capable of in a single hit being nearly impossible to replicate short of a D2 crusader or a war hulking hurler. Show me -any- build that's under 20 levels, not one of those two, and can still split a mountain in half in a single blow.

Ramza00
2014-01-09, 12:46 AM
Doesn't change the issue I mentioned with deathless frenzy being a terrible model for his ability to shrug off hits.

Even a massive will save will result in a natural 1 approximately once in every 20 battles. He should be killing subordinates and allies with no small degree of frequency.

There's also the sheer damage he's capable of in a single hit being nearly impossible to replicate short of a D2 crusader or a war hulking hurler. Show me -any- build that's under 20 levels, not one of those two, and can still split a mountain in half in a single blow.

Steadfast Determination allows you to not auto fail on natural 1s for the will save. Kenpachi is also willing to kill associates if they get in his way, not caring about collateral damage, he is also a loose cannon starting a confrontation with Byakuki at his charcter introduction before Gin intervene.

A crusader would be a better way to show off Kenpachi but the OP can't do that.

As for cutting a building in half, there is no good way of doing this in dnd besides spells like disintegrate or some form of sonic spell (or something else that ignores hardness) / power that has a very wide area of attack, but a very thin beam.

Gemini476
2014-01-09, 12:46 AM

The damage -might- get close (not nearly close enough, IMO) but deathless frenzy is definitely not what Kenpachi's ability to shrug off blows is. It'd be much more accurately represented by massive damage reduction or some other form of damage mitigation that prevents him from getting hurt.

Then there's the fact that, in spite of his wild personality and appearance, Kenpachi exhibits tremendous self-control during battle; intentionally holding back the lion's share of his power against anyone who might prove to be an interesting foe. He -never- goes all out against anyone in any part of the series that I've seen; something a berserker can't help but do in -every- battle.
Then the issue comes down to getting him decent damage reduction at fairly low level, since it seems that the OP wants to actually play as him.

Also, a Frenzied Berserker doesn't need to use Frenzy, Rage, or even Power Attack: but when he does, he does ridiculous amounts of damage. Remember, Zaraki holds back. A lot. It goes beyond just letting the enemy get in the first hit, having Reiatsu-sealing eye-patches, his bells, or refusing to start with two hands. He's been holding back the entire time and lets himself loose a little more every time he gets defeated - there was an entire subplot about it recently where he fought the First Kenpachi to the death to unlock his restraints.
Basically, he was so powerful that he unconsciously limited himself so that he could get better fights.

And that's where level-ups come in. You start at a somewhat low-medium level with a limited Kenpachi, and then as the levels pile on he loosens his restraints a bit as he starts getting knocked into the negatives a bit.

...But yeah, he really needs DR. DR X/what, though? And from where? The OP is rather limited as to what sourcebooks he can use, what with having Core+some Completes+Miniatures Handbook. I saw some PrCs that could work a bit maybe, but I dunno.

Actually, that's something that OP should answer.

Hey, evyldead. What level are you starting at, and does your table enforce Multiclass Penalties? What's your DMs stance on refluffing Prestige Class requirements?

Phelix-Mu
2014-01-09, 12:53 AM
Or slice through multiple buildings with his killing intent.

Yeah, a vote for any d20 system that tries to directly model BLEACH. That would be far superior to the cheese or massive level mish-mash we'd need.

Actually...hmm. Just did my WWTD (what would Tippy do?), and I'm suddenly thinking that Kenpachi is an ice assassin of an aleax of himself. Cold, yes. Obsessed with fighting, why yes. And really stupidly hard to injure, why yes.

So, let's make an ice assassin of an aleax of, let's say, a psywarrior.

I'm sure I'm not recalling even a 1/10th of the necessary Tippy for this. Wait, does Tippy have a unit associate with his name? We need to invent that. I'm short several of those.:smallwink:

Gemini476
2014-01-09, 01:09 AM
Or slice through multiple buildings with his killing intent.
That's pretty much unmodifiable in D&D except for DM fiat, yeah. Which is a shame.
Then again, if the game is mostly in Soul Society then most houses are rice paper...

Yeah, a vote for any d20 system that tries to directly model BLEACH. That would be far superior to the cheese or massive level mish-mash we'd need.
God yes. Even Mutants & Masterminds would do better. Or that Bleach d20 system mentioned upthread, but I haven't read it.
In M&M, Kenpachi is just a guy who decided not to boost his Device/Alternate Form and just dump everything into raw stats.
People shoehorning things into D&D that don't fit there is pretty annoying.

...Wait, it's an entire Bleach-based campaign. That means Shinigami who actually have proper Zanpakuto. And Kido.
Yeah, there's no way that'll work in 3.5.

Actually...hmm. Just did my WWTD (what would Tippy do?), and I'm suddenly thinking that Kenpachi is an ice assassin of an aleax of himself. Cold, yes. Obsessed with fighting, why yes. And really stupidly hard to injure, why yes.

So, let's make an ice assassin of an aleax of, let's say, a psywarrior.

I'm sure I'm not recalling even a 1/10th of the necessary Tippy for this. Wait, does Tippy have a unit associate with his name? We need to invent that. I'm short several of those.:smallwink:
Kenpachi gets killed multiple times, so an Ice Assassin Aleax won't work. (He got better.) Not to mention the other times he was beaten, like against Ichigo back during the Rukia arc.

...Maybe we could make him a Ghost? Nah.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-09, 02:05 AM
Steadfast Determination allows you to not auto fail on natural 1s for the will save. Kenpachi is also willing to kill associates if they get in his way, not caring about collateral damage, he is also a loose cannon starting a confrontation with Byakuki at his charcter introduction before Gin intervene.

Steadfast determination makes you not autofail fort saves on a natural 1. You can fail the will saves just fine. There's also a difference between being chaotic enough that you willfully dispatch allies and being unable to control yourself to the point that you do it by accident. Refluffing can only go so far before it doesn't match the mechanics anymore.

A crusader would be a better way to show off Kenpachi but the OP can't do that.

It'd be better but it'd still fall short; barring the D2 crusader trick.

As for cutting a building in half, there is no good way of doing this in dnd besides spells like disintegrate or some form of sonic spell (or something else that ignores hardness) / power that has a very wide area of attack, but a very thin beam.

That's not actually true.

The catch is that the damage done has to be -massive- and the character has to be able to take out at least two 10ft sections of wall to slice a building vertically. The damage figures are in the hundreds for a stone wall that's more than a few inches thick. It's doable but not with the sources listed and slicing horizontally is even more ridiculous; the character has to destroy 10(!) consecutive sections in a single blow. That takes a reach of 40 feet on a large character, at least for that single attack, and either of those takes some ability to sweep the attack through multiple targets.

CyberThread
2014-01-09, 02:14 AM
ya know, you do have access to the miniatures book, how about some war hulk?

Krazzman
2014-01-09, 02:46 AM
Don't forget his weapon... after his fight with Unohara he seems to now hear his sword and now can probably use Shikai/Bankai... we'll see what his sword does in around... 4 months maybe?

So basically to sum Kenpachi up:
We need someone that doesn't care.
One that holds back or else he will obliberate anything he touches. (Barbarian without ever really using Rage).
Needs a fear aura.

What I would think is: he really is Epic with many items that give him negative levels that are removed as soon as he takes them off.

evyldead
2014-01-09, 04:52 PM
Okay, no starting g level yet so I'm making him level 20 and building up to that. No multi class penalties and no refluffing the PrC requirements. So right now I am getting his STR and CON up as high as possible. I need power attack and EWP katana(where can this be found so I know) I want my DR/- as high as possible. Fast healing if that's what he does haha and well what armor does he wear cuz I'm thinking on mythral adamantone fullplate for dr 3/- if it stacks and that armor combination works. I know he wears robes and stuff but come on its DND you have to rework things to get them to work somehow. So classes are what I am thinking on barbarian and possible war hulk???

aleucard
2014-01-09, 06:20 PM
A mutation of Hellreaver (Fiendish Codex 2) that removes the alignment-considerations would fit perfectly. Otherwise, I don't have enough familiarity with 3.5 to offer much besides recommending ToB and saying that 3.5 is NOT designed to handle this kind of crap. Let us know how it works out for you.

DMVerdandi
2014-01-09, 09:56 PM
Get a copy of ghostwalk.

20 Warblade//eidoloncer (Erudite)

You get all ghosty and stuff. Works well for plus conversion. Eidoloncer with erudite gives psychic powers that act like reiatsu tricks and such.

Get power attack, use things like true strike, ect.
Pick up ancestral weapon and item familiar feats to make the zanpakuto.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-09, 09:58 PM
You realize that eidoloncer requires you be a ghost and, as such, incorporeal. Kinda makes doing melee damage difficult.

Totema
2014-01-09, 10:04 PM
Others also say use the ToB book but that is off limits because no one i know has that book so its not being used.

I don't mean to advocate piracy (unless it involves wenches and doubloons) but... the OEF isn't hard to find online, so I can't understand why this would hold as an excuse.

Snowbluff
2014-01-09, 10:10 PM
Wow guys. Warblade is entirely free. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2) All the maneuvers can be found their as well.

DMVerdandi
2014-01-09, 10:17 PM
You realize that eidoloncer requires you be a ghost and, as such, incorporeal. Kinda makes doing melee damage difficult.

shellcraft manikin works just like a gigai.

aleucard
2014-01-09, 11:34 PM

Ghost touch works the other way around also, just so you know. It's a very helpful enchantment, and it's thematically accurate to boot. Isn't there a PrC somewhere that lets you have it as a character ability? I remember seeing something along those lines several somewhere's.

EugeneVoid
2014-01-09, 11:35 PM
Homebrew Teramach?

geekintheground
2014-01-09, 11:55 PM

dont incorporeal creatures effect OTHER incorporeal creatures normally? if so, since most everything that happens in bleach happens incorporeally (the only canon thing that didnt was the fullbrings) it would balance out.

evyldead
2014-01-10, 02:12 AM
I know I can find ToB online but we are using books we have at the ready. What about the whole disappear and reappear at a different location whenever they want.

Krazzman
2014-01-10, 02:46 AM
You mean Shunpo? ToB with feats getting a maneuver from the shadowhand sub line. Or going for Dimension Door.

Also to quote the Duke: "Power armor is for *******".

Else listen to DMVerdani

aleucard
2014-01-10, 03:51 AM
I know I can find ToB online but we are using books we have at the ready. What about the whole disappear and reappear at a different location whenever they want.

Kenpachi in particular didn't really use that or Kido. He probably COULD use them as needed, but the opponent would have had to do something that made him so mind-bendingly pissed off to not even think about how much he dislikes 'cheats' like that.

For teleportation specifically, I don't know many decent things outside of custom items and ToB, though since the only source in ToB for this that comes to mind is Swordsage, I don't think that fits all that well. If you're gestalting Sage and Warblade (basically, Kenpachi's entire fighting style is represented in Warblade, including his energizer bunny qualities (both IHS and recharging all maneuver slots by a standard attack, which fits perfectly for the combat junkie incarnate, as well as d12 HD and various other class abilities)).

Since ToB is off the table for you, though, you're going to have much more difficult of a time. Mettle is nearly mandatory for you at that point, as well as some means of jacking up damage. Maybe you can ask your DM if you can change Warlock's Hideous Blow that it just charges your melee weapon with your Blast until your next turn as a Free Action on your turn? Maybe also have it that you launch your blast by swinging your katana a la Blade Beam, which fits as well (maybe adds weapon's enchantments/etc. to the Blast, but disallows unarmed Blasting?). Really, getting even level 20 melee to somewhere in Zaraki Kenpachi's level in 3.5 is going to be a bitch and a half, especially since he's supposed to have at least as much combat ability as his more magic-oriented comrades.

EDIT: Warlock is also a good selection for getting a Shunpo if you want it. Maybe negotiate with your DM to let you modify Flee the Scene depending on the situation (trade the image for faster or farther porting, for instance).

geekintheground
2014-01-10, 07:09 AM
they didnt technically dissapear and reappear. they just move REALLY quickly. we just see it like that so we can follow their movements.

edit: so this could/would be represented by travel devotion

evyldead
2014-01-10, 09:21 AM
Ahh okay. So getting some way to move insanely fast. Is there any way to do this without ToB I'm trying to stay away from that to so my DM won't explode of the power of this guy lol.

aleucard
2014-01-10, 12:42 PM
Ahh okay. So getting some way to move insanely fast. Is there any way to do this without ToB I'm trying to stay away from that to so my DM won't explode of the power of this guy lol.

If you're trying to get Kenpachi, if you're not functionally God of War you're not Kenpachi. No class defines that state for a melee class better than Warblade of ToB, and attempting most other builds will leave you falling short of casters in combat, which Kenpachi does NOT do. It's like trying to play a monk character with the Monk class of the PHB; it just does not live up to expectations otherwise. Again, 3.5 is NOT a proper place to play a guy like Kenpachi and make him true to form, especially if you're not willing to make certain concessions.

EDIT: Also, while technically Shunpo is just high-speed movement, there's also the fact that it's not an on-and-off state like the VAST majority of speed boosts in 3.5. Your best bet is refluffing a teleportation method, though ToB Shadow Hand's Jaunt line is exactly what you're looking for.

Squirrel_Dude
2014-01-10, 02:06 PM
A Warblade gestalted with Barbarian probably comes pretty close.

Azoth
2014-01-10, 02:58 PM
I had a few ideas until I re-checked your allowed sources. I will still try to help.

For fast speed we have Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker, boots of speed, and Travel Devotion.

For a weapon ideally I would recommend the Unawakened Sun Blade from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, but without blowing a feat the Longsword looks to be our best option. Make it out of Adamantine when affordable.

For his massive damage, we can still get a decent Charger build going.

Maybe try to get a permanent enlarge person to qualify you for War Hulk.

Maybe Bar2 (pounce+imp trip/Ftr4/Cleric1(Travel/Chaos domain traded for devotions)/Frenzied Berzerker4/Rngr2/Horizon Walker7.

human Power Attack
1 intimidating rage
3 destructive rage
ftr1 cleave
ftr2 improved bull rush
6 Shock Trooper
ftr4 improved sunder
9 Combat Brute
12 Endurance
15 Leap Attack
18 Open.

Horizon Walker doesn't really add too much to things aside Dimension Door at will every 1d4 rounds. It also comes very late to the game. It was end build filler so as not to go full FB and risk true TPK material. You pick up some minor buffs from it to various skills.

Plus side is that with the Cleric dip even with a low wisdom you can still active out of combat healing items and with some charisma boosters gain use of various divine feats to help out without using spellcasting. Animal devotion for the boost to STR comes to mind. There is another one which grants fast healing 3 for Cha rounds. Admitedly Law Devotion is much better than Chaos Devotion, but Zaraki is far from Lawful.

evyldead
2014-01-10, 03:13 PM
I had a few ideas until I re-checked your allowed sources. I will still try to help.

For fast speed we have Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker, boots of speed, and Travel Devotion.

For a weapon ideally I would recommend the Unawakened Sun Blade from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, but without blowing a feat the Longsword looks to be our best option. Make it out of Adamantine when affordable.

For his massive damage, we can still get a decent Charger build going.

Maybe try to get a permanent enlarge person to qualify you for War Hulk.

Maybe Bar2 (pounce+imp trip/Ftr4/Cleric1(Travel/Chaos domain traded for devotions)/Frenzied Berzerker4/Rngr2/Horizon Walker7.

human Power Attack
1 intimidating rage
3 destructive rage
ftr1 cleave
ftr2 improved bull rush
6 Shock Trooper
ftr4 improved sunder
9 Combat Brute
12 Endurance
15 Leap Attack
18 Open.

Horizon Walker doesn't really add too much to things aside Dimension Door at will every 1d4 rounds. It also comes very late to the game. It was end build filler so as not to go full FB and risk true TPK material. You pick up some minor buffs from it to various skills.

Plus side is that with the Cleric dip even with a low wisdom you can still active out of combat healing items and with some charisma boosters gain use of various divine feats to help out without using spellcasting. Animal devotion for the boost to STR comes to mind. There is another one which grants fast healing 3 for Cha rounds. Admitedly Law Devotion is much better than Chaos Devotion, but Zaraki is far from Lawful.

Refresh my memory, what is FB? I know TPK and I didn't know horizon walker did that.. I might be going into that later on haha

Azoth
2014-01-10, 03:37 PM
FB=Frenzied Berserker. The main reason it is a TPK waiting to happen is at its later levels you get MASSIVE power attack returns, and your Frenzy makes you smash anyone "to the best of your ability", so you end up charging your buddies and splattering them. Stopping at 4th level gets you Deathless Frenzy so you can just slug it out until the Frenzy ends, but stops before your Power Attack becomes an instant TPK.

evyldead
2014-01-10, 03:45 PM
Okay so my build I have right now he gave me a level to start with but the campaign is going into epic levels so were starting at 12th level I'm thinking on barbarian 7 and going from there not using his rage like a normal barbarian just for the DR start off. Any other ideas ?

Azoth
2014-01-10, 05:00 PM
Barbarian DR is useless especially at lvl12. Good sources of cheap DR are Mineral Warrior Template +1LA DR8/Adamantine +some other goodies and Quasilycanthrope DR10/silver +1la.

evyldead
2014-01-10, 05:13 PM
Barbarian DR is useless especially at lvl12. Good sources of cheap DR are Mineral Warrior Template +1LA DR8/Adamantine +some other goodies and Quasilycanthrope DR10/silver +1la.

Where is mineral warrior from ? And what do you think about Lutzaen's Frequent Jaunt. It's like dimension door except smaller kinda like what he does for his fast movement. Would you be able to pit it on armor or a weapon ?

Azoth
2014-01-10, 05:48 PM
Mineral Warrior is from Underdark. Quasilycanthrope is from a web enhancement.

You can get 10ft swift action teleportation 2/day for 1k using Anklet's of Translocation from the MIC.

In your sources you may get away with buying multiple Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker for 500gp each to 1/day move half speed as a swift action.

evyldead
2014-01-10, 06:23 PM
What about cape of the mountebank mini dimension door ability it has.

evyldead
2014-01-13, 04:20 AM
Okay so I can put in psionics. So I'm going thinking on half-giant. Going psicic warrior and warmind. Going straight up roll with it as all my feats. Well not all I'll need power attack and weapon focus katana and toughness. So I'll have around 2 or 3 roll with it feats.