PDA

View Full Version : Immunity To Bludgeoning Damage?

Getsugaru
2014-01-08, 11:25 PM
A while ago, I discovered the Half-Clay Golem template. One of my favorite features of said template was that it gives you all out immunity to Piercing and Slashing weapons. That means for the price of one template, the target is immune to most weapons, including pretty much all of the most commonly used ones (scythe, axe, knife, sword, ranseur, spiked-chain, whip, glaive, guisarme, glaive-guisarme, guisarme-glaive, glaive-glaive-guisarme, glaive-glaive-glaive-guisarme-glaive, etc.). This also peaked my curiosity and made me wonder if there was a way to be immune to bludgeoning damage as well. So, playground, any advice? :smallamused:

kardar233
2014-01-09, 12:03 AM
Ocean Giants (Monster Manual 2) get Immunity to Bludgeoning.

And it's "piqued my curiosity."

Jeff the Green
2014-01-09, 12:20 AM
Multiheaded plus lernean makes you invulnerable to all but decapitation (hard to decapitatie without a blade).

And 'peaked' is appropriate if his curiosity never has nor ever shall be again be higher. I hope this is not the case. :smallamused:

Getsugaru
2014-01-09, 12:33 AM
Ocean Giants (Monster Manual 2) get Immunity to Bludgeoning.

And it's "piqued my curiosity."
I've seen it both ways. :smallbiggrin:

Multiheaded plus lernean makes you invulnerable to all but decapitation (hard to decapitatie without a blade).

And 'peaked' is appropriate if his curiosity never has nor ever shall be again be higher. I hope this is not the case. :smallamused:
Let me start with this:
:durkon: "How did I cut tha tentacle wit a hammer?" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0479.html)
Second, thank you for proving me right, but also for proving me wrong at the same time. I meant piqued after all, but I did type this up in a hurry, so it's an understandable mistake. :smallwink:

Now that grammar is taken care of, what other ways are there to get immunity to hammers, by which I really just mean bludgeoning in general?

TuggyNE
2014-01-09, 01:35 AM
The Protean (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/hagunemnon.htm) can mix abilities from different critters, allowing it to have Half-Clay Golem's immunity to slashing/piercing and Ocean Giant's immunity to bludgeoning. Unfortunately, it is of course not playable pre-epic (if at all), but is theoretically attainable through true mind switch or some other chicanery.

I've seen it both ways. :smallbiggrin:

Uncorrected typos are unfortunately very common. That doesn't mean they're not typos, and here, "piqued" is the only usage that is at all correct.

Kraken
2014-01-09, 01:39 AM
The Protean can mix abilities from different critters, allowing it to have Half-Clay Golem's immunity to slashing/piercing and Ocean Giant's immunity to bludgeoning. Unfortunately, it is of course not playable pre-epic (if at all), but is theoretically attainable through true mind switch or some other chicanery.

Uncorrected typos are unfortunately very common. That doesn't mean they're not typos, and here, "piqued" is the only usage that is at all correct.

Someone around here showed some method for getting your body to be one pre epic. It was a cool trick, but I think a lot of people got turned off from that thread because for some reason the OP introduced it as a fighter vs. wizard type of thread.

TuggyNE
2014-01-09, 01:45 AM
Someone around here showed some method for getting your body to be one pre epic. It was a cool trick, but I think a lot of people got turned off from that thread because for some reason the OP introduced it as a fighter vs. wizard type of thread.

Yup. Anthrowhale has the dubious distinction of being perhaps the only poster in these parts with a higher baseline op level than Tippy, and correspondingly an even more rarified idea of what's "normal".

Kraken
2014-01-09, 01:50 AM
Yeah, that's the one. I should give that another read, a lot of cool tricks came out in the ensuing discussion.

Gemini476
2014-01-09, 01:56 AM

Ah yes, the "Ex-Fighter". The big issue, IIRC, was that he presented it as a great fighter build, yet creating it required the cooperation of powerful wizards.

Kraken
2014-01-09, 02:12 AM
Well, the bigger issue on that front it that it's not really fighter versus whatever, it's WBL versus whatever. The trick seems to be entirely class independent, unless I'm missing something.

Getsugaru
2014-01-11, 07:49 PM
If we could please not turn this into another "Wizard vs. X" thread, I'd be very grateful. At least no one mentioned the monk...

Anyways, I was really hoping for something more common than Ocean Giants, since those are not within the price range (a bit too difficult to play as in most situations...). :smallwink:

Kraken
2014-01-11, 07:53 PM
Actually, you might search that very thread. Lots of different possible abilities were thrown around, so if someone knew of another source, it might have come up in there.