PDA

View Full Version : Question on Metamagic Item infusion

Darkz0r
2014-01-09, 06:43 AM
To make it short, the lvl 3 Metamagic Item infusion target text says: "Target: Spell trigger magic item touched"

Is a schema a spell trigger magic item? If not, where does it properly describes which items are considered spell trigger magic items? Some people seem to believe only staffs and wands are, is this right?
I tried googling but found no concise info on this.

Reason I ask is because if you can store a lvl 1 shield spell on a minor schema (400gp) and cast metamagic item on it with persistent spell you get a nice 24 hrs +4 shield.
Sure, you waste a level 3 infusion for a self buff but if your AC suck at low levels seems nice.

Thanks for the clarifications!

phlidwsn
2014-01-09, 09:08 AM
A schema is a spell completion item like a scroll. To metamagic it you need the Metamagic Scroll infusion from pg 99 of Magic of Eberron. ("You apply a metamagic feat you know to a single spell written or stored on a spell completion item, such as a scroll or minor schema")

Full rules for Minor Schema are on p122 of Magic of Eberron.

Darkz0r
2014-01-09, 11:26 AM
A schema is a spell completion item like a scroll. To metamagic it you need the Metamagic Scroll infusion from pg 99 of Magic of Eberron. ("You apply a metamagic feat you know to a single spell written or stored on a spell completion item, such as a scroll or minor schema")

Full rules for Minor Schema are on p122 of Magic of Eberron.

Thanks! :smallwink:

Sucks that the infusion has "You can only apply the benefi t of a metamagic feat that adjusts the spell’s level by two levels or less".

So I guess I should use a wand of shield and just spend charges normally with the metamagic item infusion (or eternal wand).