PDA

View Full Version : Robotic assassins of doom

cogminded
2014-01-09, 11:05 AM
My friend is starting an Eberron campaign based around warforged, and I want to play a Warforged Scout (MMIII iirc) as the token rogue position, and I want to play something along the lines of an assassin but not necessarily the assassin prc

Any help for a newbie?

Emperor Tippy
2014-01-09, 11:11 AM
Rogue 1/ Decisive Strike Invisible Fist Martial Monk 2/ Factotum 8/ Mindbender 1/ Targetteer Fighter 1/ Swashbuckler 3/ Swordsage 4

Move two of the Swordsage levels up earlier to grab Assassin's Stance for the +2d6 sneak attack.

Take the feats Craven, Darkstalker, Kung Fu Genius, Mindsight, Shadow Blade, and Font of Inspiration (as many times as you can cram in).

Move the levels around in the build to taste. There you go, a very good assassin.

supermonkeyjoe
2014-01-09, 11:13 AM
Have you looked at the Scout class in complete adventurer? Call your character Scout and list scout as your profession.

In all serious any skill based class that can add a bunch of d6s of damage can work as an assassin, rogue, ninja, scout, factotum.

Zombulian
2014-01-09, 11:25 AM
Hmm (http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111223075205/starwars/images/b/ba/IG-88_-_COTF.jpg).

As you are a self-proclaimed newby, I may recommend holding off on the Tippy build for now. Look up the feat Swift Ambusher. Scout 3/Rogue 17 can get you a pretty dang decent handful of d6's. Travel Devotion or some other way to move and make full attacks in the same round, and remember to look at the Craven feat for extra damage on sneak attacks.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Improved Skirmish feat. Take it.