PDA

View Full Version : Force Missile Mage questions

Ansem
2014-01-09, 11:19 AM
So I got some simple questions as I'm making my build around this, concept is awesome but I've found a few things that sort of poke my mind.

Firstly, why the hell is it not a full caster?!
I mean come on, with stuff like Incantatrix laying around and Magic Missile being a capped spell it seems really odd.

Secondly, does the class abilities explicitly work for Magic Missile or is it possible (RAW or RAI) that it works for MM based spells (Chain Missile for example).
Thanks in advance.

Fouredged Sword
2014-01-09, 11:21 AM
1 - You are focusing on the minute of a single spell, so you give up study of further magic to do so.

2- RAI, maybe with a really nice DM. RAW no, not at all.

GutterFace
2014-01-09, 11:28 AM
The answer to all of your woes are Argent Savant :)

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-09, 11:42 AM
Firstly, why the hell is it not a full caster?!
I mean come on, with stuff like Incantatrix laying around and Magic Missile being a capped spell it seems really odd.
Because WotC understands balance.

Secondly, does the class abilities explicitly work for Magic Missile or is it possible (RAW or RAI) that it works for MM based spells (Chain Missile for example).
RAW, not at all. RAI, sure, it could probably use the boost.

supermonkeyjoe
2014-01-09, 11:49 AM
The answer to all of your woes are Argent Savant :)

Or both Argent savant and Force missile mage if you're really dedicated to the concept.

GutterFace
2014-01-09, 11:54 AM
Or both Argent savant and Force missile mage if you're really dedicated to the concept.

True you need both.

Nightraiderx
2014-01-09, 11:54 AM
And then finish it up with Abjurrant champion for the emisarry of force.

Keld Denar
2014-01-09, 12:28 PM
My girlfriend is playing one in the game I run on a sorceress chassis. I changed it and Argent Savant to full casting. The game had not been broken to date, and she just dinged level 9 starting from 1.

I've ruled that it would apply to Magic Missile, Chain Missiles, and Unicorn Arrow. I will not allow it for Orb of Force. That's how it stands in my game, RAW, RAI, or Rotherwise. Again, the game has not broken.

CockroachTeaParty
2014-01-09, 01:00 PM
Because *Paizo understands balance.

Fixed. FMM was originally from Dragon Magazine.

Lans
2014-01-09, 05:11 PM
Fixed. FMM was originally from Dragon Magazine.

I thought it was from early 3.5 which was wizards

j_spencer93
2014-01-11, 03:05 AM
actually have a player using Force Missile Mage and Arcane Savant both, is pretty good.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-11, 03:44 AM
I thought it was from early 3.5 which was wizards

Dragon magazine material was, in its entirety, created by Paizo. It's just WotC licensed.

Lans
2014-01-11, 11:08 AM
Dragon magazine material was, in its entirety, created by Paizo. It's just WotC licensed.OK apparently they took over late 3.0

Keld Denar
2014-01-11, 01:59 PM
actually have a player using Force Missile Mage and Arcane Savant both, is pretty good.

Did you change them to full casting or play them as is?