PDA

View Full Version : To lose Way, Heart, Mind, or Soul.

D20ragon
2014-01-09, 02:19 PM
The suns blazing eyes turned downward, watching the two travelers move toward the crossroads. A slim girl, and a young man, both moving spritely on seperate paths, and fast approaching the faded signpost which marked the crossroads. The sun nodded knowingly, and awaited the time of their meeting.

Now, far off in the distance, they could see each other, dim shadows against the heat. They drew nearer, and finally stopped at the weathered sign which marked the crossing of four roads, none of them their own, each one stretching dustily away, north, south, east, or west.
Each turned to face the signpost. A carved woman, with four arms, each pointing with a delicate finger down one of the roads. Whoever had carved her had clearly done a splendid job. The hair, flowing like leaves down her back was so realistic one could swear it was real. The eyes, though faded, the paint chipped and peeling, still held their look of bittersweet wisdom. The dress, reaching down to her scaled and cloven feet, appeared to be of silk, although it was but wood, and the tufted tail which wrapped around her was almost soft to the touch.
On the northern arm, a line read: To lose your way.
The southerly arm read: To lose your heart.
The westward arm was engraved: To lose your mind.
The easterly one: To lose your soul.
The sign swayed gently in the small breeze which swirled around the travelers, whispering in its airy voice "Which one will you choose? Choose... Choose..." before dying away with a faint sigh.

Ramsus
2014-01-09, 03:04 PM
The girl, hair the color of ash and eyes to match, skin pale despite her travels, of age vague as if the mind wandered on its own away from the subject, somewhat dirty and clothed in what were now rags and what they were before a mystery, stopped at the sign and spoke, "Greetings." though it was unclear if she spoke to the man or the sign.

T-Mick
2014-01-09, 03:58 PM
As the young, tawny man in blue-gray traveling clothes, carrying a staff and a harp at his side, strolled up to the crossroads, he seemed startled by the sudden greeting. "Howdy, stranger.", he said with with a grin, and, glancing at the signpost, said, "Oh, that's rather ominous!" Seating himself on a nearby stone, he seemed to be admiring the unusual statue.

Ramsus
2014-01-09, 04:33 PM
The girl nods in agreement and looks at the sign for a while longer to see if it will speak. As she's waiting her stomach grumbles.

D20ragon
2014-01-09, 04:41 PM
The sign sways to and fro, creaking, it's head nodding in the autumn wind. It remains only wood, however, dry grass and leaves swirling about its ankles.

T-Mick
2014-01-09, 07:41 PM
After a moment of contemplation, the man stands and says, "Well, miss, I don't know where you're going to, but as for me, every road is the same." Walking over to the post, he begins to spin around and around. After a few full rotations, he staggers drunkenly down the south road.

Ramsus
2014-01-09, 07:53 PM
The girl follows after the man to ask, "Would the boy like some company? Also... would he happen to have any food?" she finishes with a somewhat embarrassed tone.

D20ragon
2014-01-09, 08:01 PM
The wanderers fade off into the distance, talking contentedly. The choice of road concerns them not. Why should they care? It is rather easy being young. Older, wiser heads may shake sadly, those experienced in life may shout, "No, child! Not that way! Take another!" But these cries fall on ears deafened by the optimism and invincibility of youth. The young man and girl move on, leaving the statue behind to hang her wooden head in grief, and shed a single carved tear for the loss.

T-Mick
2014-01-09, 08:05 PM
"Hah, I'd love the company! Let's see...food food, do I have any..." The youth says under his breath. After searching seemingly every pocket, he produces a piece of dried fish and bread and hands it to the girl. "That's all that I've got. Hopefully we'll find something tasty along the way."

Ramsus
2014-01-09, 08:21 PM
The girl takes the fish and bread timidly and then devours them in moments, even going so far as to lick the salt from her fingers afterwards. Contentedly she sighs and lets out a little puff of smoke.

T-Mick
2014-01-09, 09:36 PM
"Well then Miss," the man says with a grin, "My name is Ephrod, and I'm walking to the edge of the world, I think." As he speaks, he waves his hand out at the horizon in a vague manner. "How about you?"

Ramsus
2014-01-09, 10:43 PM
"Edge? I thought the world was a ball with the sun in the middle." the girl says, scratching her head in thought. "I suppose I will come with you and see. I wasn't really going anywhere anyway." she says, thinking she's answered the question he asked.

T-Mick
2014-01-10, 07:56 PM
The man was clearly delighted by his companion's answer. His face seemed brighter than before, and his pace slowed to accommodate his new comrade. "So you really will travel with me? That's wonderful! Did you know, where I come from, that the old folks used to warn against walking alone?" His tone was one of grave earnestness. "They said, 'If you wander off alone, a fairy might one day trick you, and you may lose your way.' I've been traveling a few months now, and believe you me, the old folk know more than they let on." Raising his hand to shade his brow from the sun, he scans the horizon, saying, "I hope we find a stream or pond or something. This sun is too hot for me."

Ramsus
2014-01-10, 08:20 PM
The girl nods in agreement about the heat of the sun and suddenly has an idea.

She narrows her eyes and stares intently at a spot above them and her eyes light up like embers and begin to smoke and... nothing happens. She leans her head to the side in confusion and then suddenly there is a soft series of pops and the smoke appears above them like popcorn. She gives the cloud a look that says "I'm not sure about this...." As she resumes walking she confirms that it does indeed move with them. She's satisfied that it worked, but really hopes this isn't going to be a trend. She thinks that maybe she should save staring at things like that for more appropriately dramatic moments and the world won't give her such silly results.

[roll0]

Trying to make a small cloud of smoke that will hang a little above us to make shade.

T-Mick
2014-01-11, 12:15 AM
"Well now, isn't that handy! Still, I hope we find some water soon. We've got a long way to go." With that, his pace once again quickened, eager to see the wide world and its marvels.

Ramsus
2014-01-11, 01:29 AM
The girl followed along, still troubled with her cloud.

D20ragon
2014-01-16, 09:22 AM
The road winds on, and though you follow it faithfully for the rest of the day,the dust parching your throat, by the end it shows no sign of stopping, continuing into the green wood at the edge of the plains, perhaps a quarter mile off. A small brook can be heard in the distant trees, though by now it is quite dark out.

T-Mick
2014-01-16, 09:35 PM
As the last rays of light disappeared in the east, the youth desperately looked about for some place to camp, and, more importantly, something pleasant to drink. As the woods drew nearer, his ears perked up. "I do believe I hear water! And its about time. This infernal plain will kill me if I march another day without water." As he spoke, he peered into an empty wine-skin at his belt, which had surely seen better days, having lately been used for more common drinks. At the end of the day, Ephrod leaned on his staff more than usual, but he kept his brisk pace.

Ramsus
2014-01-16, 10:21 PM
The girl looks at the ground and asks, "Will you?" as she follows after him.

T-Mick
2014-01-18, 12:55 AM
Kicking a pebble along the way, he replied sullenly, "I'll march every day. Its the best thing to do in this world, I suppose. Say, do you think we should stop at the woods? We can camp on the edge, and hopefully there IS a stream or river or what-have-you."

Ramsus
2014-01-18, 03:56 AM
The girl looks a bit unsure, but says, "The girl will do as the boy suggests and is also thirsty. And hungry. Does the boy think there might be fruit to find?"

T-Mick
2014-01-18, 07:34 PM
Thoughtfully, he replies, "I suppose there could be fruit. Or nuts. There must be something to eat. Anyway, I guess we'll stop and find out."

D20ragon
2014-01-20, 05:02 PM
As the two entered the forest, brushing aside branches, a soft chiming filled the air. The very earth seemed to ring with the sound of gentle bells, the chiming mingling and complementing the chuckle and gurgle of the brook nearby.

Ramsus
2014-01-20, 08:59 PM
The girl looked up into the trees with a smile, appreciating the soothing sounds, and walked over to the brook and drank from it with cupped hands.

T-Mick
2014-01-22, 05:19 PM
After taking a long drink and filling a few skins, the boy looks around him, puzzled, yet charmed by the ringing noises. "Well, this is certainly the most inviting forest I've ever had the pleasure of sleeping in." After a little while of taking in the sounds, he starts to kick some fallen branches into a haphazard pile, intent on making a fire.

Ramsus
2014-01-22, 06:06 PM
"Yes. This is different." the girl replies and looks around for something to eat.

D20ragon
2014-01-22, 06:16 PM
Not much grew on the mossy banks of the stream, save blue and gold flowers, dew beading on their tiny petals. The whole wood smelled of clear water and the flowers, of violets and fresh lemon.
Above, the girl found the source of the chiming. From the branches of the trees, their trunks reaching smoothly upward without a branch, then bursting into leaf fifteen feet or so above the ground, hung small silver bell shaped fruit, almost glowing in the moonlight. They swayed in the soft breeze, their pips like clappers tolling out a gentle melody.

Ramsus
2014-01-22, 07:56 PM
The girl thought she could maybe climb up those trees even though they seemed to not want to be and tried to get some fruit, too hungry to even think to tell the boy.

[roll0]

D20ragon
2014-01-22, 09:12 PM
The bark is slippery and chilled from the night air. Nevertheless, the girl manages to shimmy up the trunk, barking her knees a little, to sit in a bough some distance above ground. The bell-fruit sway with her weight on the limb, tantalizingly just out of reach.

Ramsus
2014-01-22, 09:21 PM
At this point the girl realized she might have bitten off a bit more than she can chew (figuratively speaking, she'll get to doing so literally soon enough I'm sure) and called out, "Would the boy come? The girl may need catching."

T-Mick
2014-01-22, 09:28 PM
As she climbed the tree, the youth was striking a flint against the back of his knife, trying by the only way he knew to make a fire. (An art, I might add, in which he was not particularly skilled.) Hearing her call, he looked a bit distressed. "Where did you go?" Peering into the trees, he strained to see in the dark. "Are you up there?"

Ramsus
2014-01-22, 11:29 PM
The girl reached for a nearby twig, snapped it off, and threw it in the direction of the boy's voice. "Up here." she called out, hoping that would be enough to aid his search.

T-Mick
2014-01-23, 08:02 PM
The twig hit Ephrod on the back, which was enough to narrow down his searching. "Okay, I think I see you." He moved under the girl as best he could in the dark, ready to catch her if need be. "Alright, take your time up there."

Ramsus
2014-01-23, 10:52 PM
The girl nods and smiles down at the boy, even though she doubts he can see it, and tries to get as much fruit as she can.

[roll0]

D20ragon
2014-01-24, 05:38 AM
The fruit is slippery , it's firm silver skin beaded with dew. The girl manages to grab three before the trees slick bark prevails, and she goes tumbling downward, bringing at least four more fruits with her, jingling softly as they fall to the moss below

T-Mick
2014-01-24, 12:17 PM
The boy braces himself under the tree, as ready as he can be to catch his falling companion.

[roll0]

D20ragon
2014-01-28, 06:03 PM
The boy slips, sliding forward on the dewy ground. He regains his footing, only to have the girl land on him, with a solid thump.
Both collapse to the ground. The springy moss has broken the fall somewhat, and no one is hurt, although their dignity is another matter.
The bells tinkle merrily, laughing fit to split it seems.

T-Mick
2014-01-28, 07:25 PM
The boy groaned and rolled out from under the girl. "Sorry about that, miss", he said sheepishly, as he crawled to his feet. He offered his hand to help her up.

Ramsus
2014-01-29, 12:11 AM
The girl accepts the hand up and then grabs a fruit and holds it up above her head. With a smile at the boy she declares, "Success.", clearly not too phased by the rough landing.

T-Mick
2014-01-29, 09:57 PM
The boy laughs a little, before the fanciful nature of the fruit catches his attention. "Is that... something we can eat?" He picks one of them off the ground, rings it like a bell, and feels the smooth, firm skin. "I guess it's kind of like an apple..."

Ramsus
2014-01-29, 11:56 PM
The girl lowers the fruit, shrugs in response, and bites into it to find out.

T-Mick
2014-01-31, 11:12 PM
The boy followed suite, taking a bite from the mouth of the bell-like fruit. It had a, mellow, floral taste, with a slight metallic touch to it, and was very crisp and juicy. "Well, if these kill me, I won't be able to say that my last meal was unpleasant."

Ramsus
2014-02-01, 01:42 PM
The girl nods in reply to the boy and then begins to devour the fruit with great speed and no manners until either they run out or she's full.

T-Mick
2014-02-01, 11:27 PM
The boy picks up another fruit, before the girl eats the entire harvest, and brings it near his would-be fire. After a few long minutes, he has a few meager embers, and later a small fire. He lights a bit of tobacco, and reclines under a tree. "Food, water, fire. I think we're set for the night!" He leans his walking stick against the tree, and, for the first time in the day, looks visibly weary. "And tomorrow, we'll start another adventure. And then again the day after." With that, he sighed, and took to eating his share of fruit.

Ramsus
2014-02-02, 12:24 AM
The girl nods to the boy in agreement, as if he suggested a course of action as opposed to simply having been reflecting. As it gets darker she creeps up close to the fire and just stares into it for a long time. Eventually she lies down and curls herself almost into a ball trying to stay warm, shivering each time a breeze blows by to shake the leaves.

D20ragon
2014-02-13, 01:49 PM
Light presses in on their eyelids, as the sun breaks over the horizon, turning it's smiling face to the sleeping wanderers. The chime of Bellfruit, along with the twitter and chirp of birdsong and the babble of the brook fills their ears.
Hello!
A bright burbling voice calls out.
What might you be? And what on earth are you doing?

Ramsus
2014-02-15, 02:13 PM
Quite groggily, the girl sits up and responds while rubbing her eyes, "Sleeping. Girl."

T-Mick
2014-02-16, 01:21 AM
The boy only stirs at the voices, rolling over in the dewy moss.

D20ragon
2014-02-17, 05:01 PM
The light shining in dappled splotches through the trees is momentarily blinding, but as the girl rubs her eyes, a humanoid shape comes into view.
Seemingly made of water, you realize that the girl sitting on the bank is not liquid, but rather just covered in glistening scales, dripping with the water of the creek, and shining dazzlingly in the sun.
A girl? You mean, like me? But you've got no scales! What happened? Did sleeping make that happen? What is sleeping, anyway? Is it like dreaming?

Ramsus
2014-02-17, 06:00 PM
The girl gets up and examines the stranger while replying, "Like you or maybe not. Never had scales. Sleep, then dream happens." Then the girl nods to herself, having come to some decision and places a hand on the scaled girl to see how it feels.

T-Mick
2014-02-19, 07:40 AM
The boy finally wakes at the sound of conversation, sitting up and shielding his eyes from the light. "Morning, morning, morning. Who are we talking to this fine morning?" He has covered his eyes entirely with his hands, and buried his face in the moss, trying to adjust to the light.

D20ragon
2014-02-20, 07:07 PM
The scales are curious, almost seeming to flow like water upon the strange girls skin.
She laughs, and touches the hair of the other girl.
I'm a river maiden! My father told me so.

Ramsus
2014-02-21, 01:34 PM
"The girl is just a regular maiden." the girl replies with a playful smile on her lips.

T-Mick
2014-02-22, 01:08 PM
If the boy was half-asleep before, the present dialogue snapped him out of it. He stood up like a bolt and, not a little nervously, acknowledged the newcomer. "Er, good morning, miss! I trust all is well with you this morning."

D20ragon
2014-02-25, 08:12 PM
All's well that I know of! The girl answers brightly.
So tell me! What do you people do? Are you stones of some sort? Can you walk about? Or swim?

T-Mick
2014-02-27, 07:11 PM
The boy relaxed a little at her reply, saying, "We're, uh, travelers, miss. Regular people, so far as I can tell," he added, glancing at his companion. "I can swim, but surely not as well as you."

Ramsus
2014-02-27, 07:59 PM
The girl nods and says, "Walking, climbing..... eating." the last one said a little differently because what she was thinking was that she wanted to eat. So thinking she lets out a little sigh which is accompanied by a small ring of smoke.

D20ragon
2014-03-01, 06:53 PM
Eating? Oh? Do you like fish?
The river maiden says doubtfully.
Her hand flashes into the water, then out again, clutching a glittering trout in her hand.
Myself, I mostly swim. But I'd really like to learn to walk.
Her lower lip sticks out petulantly.
My father says I'm silly, so I ran away.
But walking can't be that silly if so many people do it. Right?
She looks hopefully from the boy to the girl, fish wriggling in her hand.

Ramsus
2014-03-09, 12:20 PM
The girl nods and accepts the fish, then moves closer to see what the river maiden has for a lower body. (Even if this requires her to put her head underwater.)

T-Mick
2014-03-09, 07:47 PM
"Hmm, I suppose we could teach you to walk, if you could stand up," the boy says, scratching his head. He walks to gather up his belongings, moving closer to the stream, and continues, "It isn't that hard, after all. We do it all day."

D20ragon
2014-03-11, 09:02 PM
The water is cold and breathtaking as the girl plunges her head into it.
Once the bubbles have cleared, she can see that the river maiden does indeed have legs, their silver scales shimmering in the running water.
But where feet would be on most little girls, she has fins, beautiful shimmering fins, as delicate as silk.

At the boys words the river girl looks startled.
Stand up! Well, I suppose I could try...
Her lip twists uncertainly.

Ramsus
2014-03-12, 11:25 PM
The girl pulls her head out of the water in a rush as the river maiden starts to move and holds her hands in out in a "stop" gesture.

The girl then attempts to conjure onto the dirt just a step out of the river some boots of solid smoke that will fit around the river maiden's fins without letting them get damage on the ground and will hopefully provide some balance.

[roll0]

D20ragon
2014-03-14, 05:46 AM
The boots curl into being with a whisk and puff.
Fine, pointed boots they are, the toe curling upward dramatically.
The river girl stops, entranced.
Wh-what are those for? They're beautiful!

Ramsus
2014-03-14, 01:01 PM
"They are for you to walk with and not hurt your flipperthings." the girl replies with a smile.

T-Mick
2014-03-14, 06:59 PM
"Ah! That's brilliant! Wonderful, wonderful!" the boy exclaims, "Look, here, use this for balance!" He hands his walking stick over to the girl in the river, wincing a little as it leaves his hands.

D20ragon
2014-03-16, 02:28 PM
The girl clutches the stick gratefully, wade-flopping out of the river. She stands almost 4 feet high, her slim frame shaking as she makes her way over to the boots.
The smoke spreads and parts to allow her fins to enter, then wraps snugly around her ankles.
Oh! It tickles!
The river maiden gives a burbling laugh, and lets go of the stick.
She wobbles about, and then falls sideways and backwards, towards the boy.

T-Mick
2014-03-18, 03:50 PM
The boy reaches to catch the falling girl, this time with the aid of his sight.

[roll0]

D20ragon
2014-04-01, 05:37 PM
The girl tumbles back into your grasp.
Her skin is like solid water, flowing beneath your fingers.
Oops! I haven't quite got the hang of it!
She squeaks, her cheeks pale green with embarrassment.

T-Mick
2014-04-03, 05:44 PM
The boy blushes a little and grins as he sets her back on her "feet". "Okay, well, maybe you should try that again." Motioning to his companion, he adds, "We can walk you through it, and it will be easier!"

Ramsus
2014-04-04, 12:48 AM
The girl very slowly walks around, attempting to set an example.

D20ragon
2014-04-07, 08:34 PM
The river maiden clutches the boys shoulder for a moment, then lets go.
She lurches forward, stumbles backward, then rights herself.
She takes one step, then another, and another.
I'm walking!
She exclaims in surprise, before her feet slid out from under her, collapsing her onto her face.

Ramsus
2014-04-08, 12:24 PM
The girl giggles as she helps the river maiden back up.

T-Mick
2014-04-11, 06:52 AM
"Bravo, bavo! You're so close!" the boy says with a laugh. "Give it one more try!"

D20ragon
2014-04-17, 08:45 PM
The girl struggles to her feet again, wobbles, but this time stays up, lurching
I'm really walking! This is me, walking! I can do it!
She sticks her pale blue tongue out at the river.
See father? I'm walking! I told you I could!
With that she plunks herself down on the stream bank, kicking her legs happily.
I'm terribly obliged to you both.
My names Allis, but my sisters call me Burble.
Now where'd that fish go? I'm just about starving by now!

Ramsus
2014-04-18, 12:35 PM
The girl holds out the fish and asks, "Cook?"

T-Mick
2014-04-20, 01:42 AM
"Well then, very nice to meet you, Miss Allis," the boy says with a bow. "I'm hungry myself. It must be breakfast time." He looks up at the fruit in the trees, but the fish seems more enticing. "Maybe I'll make a little fire for the fish. That always goes well..."

D20ragon
2014-04-21, 08:53 PM
Cook? What's that?
And why does a fish need fire?

T-Mick
2014-04-21, 09:42 PM
"Because it makes it taste better! That's what cooking is. Here, watch." The boy starts pulling some of the leftover wood from the previous night to make a fire, using the same procedure as before.

D20ragon
2014-04-22, 07:24 AM
Burble stares intently as the fire leaps to life, filling the air with the sharp, warm scent of smoke as the flames rise higher.
It's hot!
She exclaims suddenly.
I've seen it before, but I didn't think it would be hot.
It looks to much like a waterfall, but in reverse!

Ramsus
2014-04-22, 01:05 PM
The girl's face clearly shows she is puzzled. The reason for this is because she has no idea what a waterfall is. She knows rain is water falling from the sky, but fire certainly looks nothing like that.

D20ragon
2014-04-23, 05:04 PM
How long does the fish need the fire for?
And why does it like it so much?
The river maiden asks doubtfully, still not fully sure that this plan is wise.

T-Mick
2014-04-23, 10:09 PM
"Oh, not long at all", the boy says, as the holds the cleaned fish over the fire with a stick. "It'll be very good for breakfast. A light enough meal for travelers." When the fish looks nice and brown, he divides it into three pieces and sets to eating one.

Ramsus
2014-04-24, 01:03 PM
The girl devours her piece quickly with no semblance of manners at all, unless you count eating every bit except the bones.

D20ragon
2014-04-26, 10:55 PM
Burble follows suit, but going one step further and swallowing the bones along with the meat.
Hmmm! I could get used to this! Do you do it often?

Ramsus
2014-04-27, 12:46 PM
"Have to." the girl "explains".

((Apparently the girl has her own unique spin on the "mysterious & cryptic wizard" trope.))

T-Mick
2014-04-27, 06:57 PM
The boy nods in agreement, and pokes the fire a bit. "Say, Miss Allis, if we follow this stream, where will it take us?"

D20ragon
2014-04-29, 09:43 PM
Well, through the woods for a ways, and then into a waterfall, like I said. I haven't been beyond there, but I've seen a lake at the bottom of the waterfall, and sometimes people on the lake.
A sudden thought strikes her.
Are you from the lake?

Ramsus
2014-04-30, 01:15 PM
The girl shakes her head no and makes the suggestion of, "We go see falling water?"

T-Mick
2014-04-30, 05:12 PM
"No, we've never been to the lake. If you could show us the way, though, we would be very much obliged to you." Gathering his things, the boy seems ready to begin a day of wandering.

D20ragon
2014-05-01, 08:35 PM
Oh sure! I can do that!
Burble springs up unsteadily, and makes her way to a tree to hold on to.
C'mon! The day's not getting any longer! she shouts, trip-skipping down the streambank.

T-Mick
2014-05-03, 01:46 PM
And so the boy follows her, encouraged by the prospect of civilization.

D20ragon
2014-05-04, 09:05 PM
Burble trips on, laughing now and then at herself, and the sheer joy of the day.
Truly, it is a beautiful one. The sky is sapphire blue, the clouds whispy and dreamlike, almost not there at all.
The sun shines down, not the harsh grin of yesterday, but a gentle smile, sharing in your gladness, the light dappling down through the trees like specks of gold, and dancing on the brook which leaps and dashes beside you.

Ramsus
2014-05-06, 12:55 PM
The girl smiles at Allis' laughter as they go along. She also occasional grabs beetles off the ground or nearby trees only to throw them into the air to watch them fly, paying no mind to if they pinch her hands.

T-Mick
2014-05-08, 08:13 PM
The boy walks with a grin and a long stride, whistling a lively tune. At length, he begins to sing,

"The sun is riding up the sky,
His house of spirit daughters fly
Before his path to drive away
The darkling ghosts and night-time fay.

The moon retreats into their home
Her shift is done, she no more roams.
And all the spirits of the dusk
Join her to bake her twilit rusk.

Now in that heavenly place I hope
To make my home some future day.

Beyond the sea, beyond the sky
Where Moon and Sun in love do lie."

After reflecting a little on it, he says, "Hmm, maybe a little slow for a walking song. They used to tell me that was an fairy-song, but I don't know if that means it was sung by fairies or about them.

D20ragon
2014-05-14, 12:10 PM
The words of the song drift high into the clear air, floating high above the canopy.
Down below, the travelers continue on, following the stream wherever it leads.
Presently, a low roaring fills your ears, and the stream grows more fast and wild, and the occasional river maiden leaping out of it are uncaring and reckless.

Ramsus
2014-05-15, 12:04 PM
The girl points out the river maidens.

((Sorry, really couldn't think of anything much to say/do.))

T-Mick
2014-05-17, 11:46 PM
At the sight of the jumping inhabitants of the river, the boy edges away from the stream. Looking a bit nervously at Allis, he says, "Are, uh, those your friends, Miss Allis?"

D20ragon
2014-06-13, 04:54 PM
The watery girl begins to reply, but her words are drowned out by the sudden roar and growl of the waterfall. The stream, now a river, pours over the edge of a cliff, rushing, frothing and dancing down the stones to surge into the lake with a indescribable noise.