PDA

View Full Version : The Sewers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Flabbicus
2007-01-21, 01:04 PM
Beneath the Town through several manholes lie the sewers. The rolling miasma of stench and slime hold inhabitants ranging from the mundane to the magical. Rivers of toxic luminescent acerbic virescent slime. Caustic fumes seep from the manholes throughout the Town and cause the villagers to turn and cough in annoyance. Normal humans would fine the caustic atmosphere restrictive and deadly, while goblins and other monstrous humanoids, outsiders, and aberrations would not mind as much.

There are numerous small hovels built into indents or gaps in the sewer wall. Rats are abundant, as are oozes, otyughs, and hives of Stirges. Be wary.

(Feel free to NPC any monster you think would live here.)

[hr]

In an isolated section of the sewers, far removed from the Town above, an illithid waits sullenly by the river of toxic slime, his hand partially emerged into it. A man also lies on the floor next to him with his hands gagged.

"Let me go! Please! I won't tell anyone!"
Of course you won't tell anyone about me, you will be me when I'm through with you.
"No! Don't destroy my soul, I beg of you!
Your soul will be exactly the same as it was before, you're mentality and mental acuity, however, are a different matter altogether. Now quiet, I'm catching you dinner.

There is a slight ripple in the water and the illithid snatches out the creature from the depths. The wormlike creature squirms, and the illithid dashes its brains against the pavement until it stops. The man starts to gag and the illithid tosses it next to his bound form.

You're lucky it wasn't a jibbering mouther. Eat the grick.

He remains crouched by the riverside.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-21, 02:13 PM
Devlin runs through, shooting magic missiles behind him. Vespe follows in hot pursuit, shooting fireballs at Devlin.

Flabbicus
2007-01-21, 03:10 PM
The illithid curses as he hears the sounds of water sloshing from the fight. He grabs the man's limp form and throws him inside the hovel before he could finish his vulgar meal.

He walks up the wall and walks over to the sound of the fighting atop the ceiling. Looking down at the two he addresses them.

Keep it down up- down there. Some of us are trying to look perverse and sneaky!

He tosses a psionic grenade thingy at their general vicinity and trudges away.

[hr]

At his base he sits down and starts to emit a low psionic frequency, attempting to attract willing, barely sentient beasts.

Saurous
2007-01-21, 03:22 PM
A faint purple glow appears in the sewers. It flashes twice, and then a pale, white Ulitharid is standing in the middle of the sewers, the greenish, disgusting water sloshing around his feet.

....Ew

He begins walking along the sewers, looking for signs of living creatures. He catches a large fish floating along, grabs it, and sucks out it's weak brain.

Grah, there is no decent food in this place is there?

He continues walking.

Flabbicus
2007-01-21, 03:25 PM
The veins on the illithid's head become visible and his temples pulse slightly. He stops using his psionic signaling power and extends a portion of his mind towards the ulitharid.

Greetings. Haven't seen one of my prodigious brethren in quite some time. What brings you to this slime filled pit?

Saurous
2007-01-21, 03:29 PM
Ctrazt looks over to the other Illithid.

You know, the usuall. Revenge, boredom. Teleportation accident.

He looks around the area.

Would you happen to know of a way to find decent food around here?

Ctrazt then opens his pockets, pulling out several small fish and the water that got sucked into them as he was trudging through the sewers.

Flabbicus
2007-01-21, 03:33 PM
There are mostly just aberrations and mutated fish around here. I've been lucky enough not to stumble upon any giberring mouthers or other oozes. I think I smelled an Otyugh further off. I'll bet there are goblins or other thralls around as well, but I haven't tried looking hard enough.

He tosses the remnants of the half eaten grick back into the water.

Saurous
2007-01-21, 03:35 PM
Thank you, my good Illithid. I'm going to see what Thralls I can find here. Good..um...dark.

Ctrazt trudges off, avoiding the water.

Flabbicus
2007-01-21, 03:36 PM
Flabbicus emits a psionic feeling similar to satisfaction and he reenters his little hut. He gags the unfortunate human.

Saurous
2007-01-21, 03:40 PM
Ctrazt continues walking, putting up a psionic barrier that keeps creatures with low intelligences out.

He puts out a psionic feeling somewhat similar to annoyance.

He continues along, until he finds a few goblins. He sends out a mind blast, and then leaps at the first one, sucking his brain out, violently. After removing the brains of the last one, he teleports away.

GuesssWho
2007-01-22, 02:00 AM
Sasic enters the sewer. She looks around, then grins. "Much better. I was worried that there wasn't anything underground at all." She notices the mind flayers. "Almost like being in the Underdark. Shame about the smell, though . . ."
And she changes form, drow to black dragon.
"I could live here for quite some time, I bet."

Flabbicus
2007-01-22, 06:23 PM
The illithid moves out of its dwelling, dragging the man along with him. He lets go of the man's collar and presses his katar against his throat.

If I unbound you, will you SHUT UP FOR ONE FREAKING MINUTE?!

You think way too loud, and to be honest it is depressing me.

The man nods enthusiastically and the illithid hacks away at the cords. After he is done with this he removes the gag. They sit their quietly for some time.

"I... I forgive you for what you have done and will do to me. May Pelor have mercy on your soul."
Hey, what did I just say! Even if you are me you won't be me. Now shut up or I'll find out what its like to eat a part of your own conscience. Gods know it won't be pleasant. And technically I have no soul.

This comment shuts the man up and he huddles up in the corner, contemplating his new mindset and memories. The illithid lies by his perch, emitting a weak telepathic signal drawing monsters of relative intelligence towards him.

[hr]

The illithid crawls over to a ladder and climbs up to the surface, removing a manhole along the way. Light filters down to the sewers for several hours and is then stifled once again as it returns from its senseless wanderings.

Flabbicus
2007-01-23, 04:01 PM
The illithid climbs out of the manhole again, this time with all of his weapons present on his body.

Nevrmore
2007-01-23, 05:05 PM
A manhole cover scrapes against the ground as it is painstakingly lifted barely centimeters upwards and over. The sound echoes throughout the general vicinity, and a sharp light penetrates the dank, disgusting darkness. After a few seconds of heave-hoing, the cover is heard clanging against the ground as whatever force upended it drops it once more. The light is blotted out for a moment, but quickly returns. The source of this blackness is visible as it falls the long way from the surface into the disgusting waters below, forcing itself through the murkiness with a dull splash. For a moment, it floats back up to the top of the water - a body, now too covered with filth to be identified as any one race or gender, suffice to say humanoid. The back of its head is missing, and as the new orifice slowly fills with disgusting liquids, it sinks back into the briny deep.

A low laugh is heard up above, followed by the sound of slipping, screaming, falling. Another body blocks the light above for a few terse seconds, tumbling awkwardly below and into the water with an undignified groan.

"Damn it all to hell!!" Descartes growls, flopping around the waist-deep sludge stupidly as he forces the dead body away from his new host body. He stands up, not minding the slush and various sickening substances coating his host's skin and clothes, slowly seeping into the holes the gods drilled into its once naked body. "How hard is it to dispose of one damn thrall?!" He spits.

GuesssWho
2007-01-24, 02:13 AM
Scylla enters the sewer as well.
"Stupid planet," she mutters. "But they said that there's a Portal down here somewhere, so . . ."
She looks over at the dragon. "Hey there, Sasic. Find anything interesting yet?"
Sasic rolls her eyes. "Why do I hang around you again?"
"Umm . . . because we're both weirdos?"
They laugh.

Flabbicus
2007-01-24, 10:12 PM
The illithid drops down into the sewers, landing expertly as a minimal amount of sewage splashes on his cloak. He carries the jug in his armpit and trudges back to his house, hoping that his captive has fully become the stereotypical example of Stockholm Syndrome.

Nevrmore
2007-01-24, 10:38 PM
Descartes, finally wrestling his pseudo-disposed of body off of him, begins searching for a way out.

Flabbicus
2007-01-26, 02:02 PM
The illithid climbs out of his domicile yet again, this time the plasma effigy is moving about freely and it follows him up the ladder, twisting around the steps and poles. The illithid pushes the manhole cover onto the streets and scurries through, the effigy follows after it. The mindflayer returns the manhole cover to its former location and the world bellow is seeped in darkness.

Two tiny pale white eyes were staring at the illithid from their perch between an archway as the illithid climbed up the ladder. It averted its eyes as the light shined down and let out a hellish shriek of pain. After the darkness is restored it remains in its perch, waiting.

Nevrmore
2007-01-28, 06:25 PM
Descartes' player, seeing a perfectly good RP attempt pass by, magicks Descartes out the sewer and back into the living world.

Flabbicus
2007-01-28, 06:28 PM
(Wait, did you want me to say if he found an exit or not? Because I would have had it been mentioned...)

Nevrmore
2007-01-28, 06:31 PM
((I wanted Descartes and flabbicus to meet, which is why I kept the poor braintopus down here for nigh a week))

Flabbicus
2007-01-28, 06:35 PM
(Ah yes. *Smacks Self* Remind me to have him not disappear at random intervals when I have a nagging feeling that somebody wants to talk to him.)

GuesssWho
2007-01-28, 06:37 PM
{LOL. No kidding, mate.}

McBish
2007-02-04, 04:03 PM
Eric drops into the sewers from the slums. He takes off down a tunnel.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 04:11 PM
A single shadow elemental floats down and follows him. Little to Eric's knowledge though, elementals and zombies are entering the sewer via manholes everywhere for the next two miles. ((assuming a manhole every 1/10 of a mile...thats roughly 20 elementals and zombies respectively))

McBish
2007-02-04, 04:14 PM
Eric turns down tunnels following the following water, he draws his dagger and holds it in his left hand.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 04:19 PM
All of the elementals and zombies begin to converge on Eric, being directed by the woman who stayed above. ((and coincedently is watching Eric through the shadow with something similar to scry))
The elemental behind Eric speeds up in its effort to catch up.

McBish
2007-02-04, 04:21 PM
Eric spots a zombie in front of him and goes to tumble past it.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 04:29 PM
Somehow the zombie orc predicted the movement and sidesteps to intercept. Its elemental partner dives from the ceiling, aiming to drain Eric. Groups of the creature begin to filter in from the various tunnels around him.
Can you truly defeat my necrocarnum zombies? They're not like a typical zombie, oh no. They have intelligence. They can adapt.

McBish
2007-02-04, 04:31 PM
Eric steps back to dodge the attacks. Listen lady why are you after me? I didn't do nothing to you.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 04:36 PM
No of course not. Its rather what you havn't done. As far as I can tell, there aren't a horribly large amount of people who would miss you, and I need to increase my ranks of necrocarnum zombies. That and the fact that torturing young souls are oh so much fun.
The necrocarnum zombie (NZ from now on) orc rushes Eric and attempts to slam him to the ground. As it approaches Eric can see the black motes swirling under its flesh that must be the necrocarnum. The elemental following Eric catches up and floats up behind him, while the other elemental tries to drain energy again.

McBish
2007-02-04, 04:39 PM
Eric dodges to the side to avoid the shadows attack and spins around the NZ orcs rush he runs down the tunnel still following the running water.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 04:42 PM
Several NZ's of various races, orc, human, goblin, elf, even a few young dragons, begin to filter out of the tunnels ahead and behind Eric. The shadows around him begins to swirl and twitch as if alive. The NZ orc behind him runs to catch up as the elementals float into the walls,

McBish
2007-02-04, 04:45 PM
((*whimper*))

Eric looks around for another manhole and realizes that he is cut of. Listen you witch you going to let your mindless thugs do this for you?

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 04:50 PM
Kill you? Of course not, they are simply there to incapacitate you, so that you can be taken to a more suitable location. Now sit still and let the nice monsters knock you senseless.
All of the NZ's begin to move closer at a rather alarming speed that is impossible for most humans to run. And the shadows in the walls move out to reveal themselves as shadow elementals.

McBish
2007-02-04, 04:52 PM
Sorry lady not today. He tries to tumble past the horde of NZ's and shadows. Taking special care to avoid said shadows.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 05:01 PM
The NZ's quickly snap together into several walls in front of Eric, yet he still manages to tumble past all, but the last one. The last one is two necrocarnum black dragon zombies. Now Eric is surrounded by the two aforementioned NZ's as well as the few NZ goblins behind him. The shadow elementals continue their advance.

McBish
2007-02-04, 05:06 PM
Eric's player hits himself on the head and remebers something. Eric's hand slips into his pocket and suddenly to his perspective everyone around him slows down. To everyone else he seems to speed up. ((Not sure what this ring really does, think haste on crack.)) Eric tries to move past the NZ's as he smells sea water up ahead.

((The zombies might notice that the tunnel comes out a cliff leading to the ocean.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 05:09 PM
((you might be thinking slow time, but I can't be sure))
The NZ's attempt to stop Eric, but they are considerably slower now and pretty easily avoided.
As Eric continues onward a dark wall erupts from the ground in front of him, seemingly in normal time.
Wrong move.
The shadows begin to seep back into the walls and the elementals scurry through the ceiling. All of the NZ's back up a respectful distance.

McBish
2007-02-04, 05:11 PM
((I don't know I was giving this ring, but not really told what it does.))

Eric gives a small grin trying to seem cocky, but anyone can tell he is more than a little nervous. His right arm twitches a bit.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 05:15 PM
A deep rumbling can be heard for several moments. After a moment or two the ceiling above Eric simply ceases to be.
The woman floats down in her orb. Light appears to bend around her in such a way that casts her in eternal shadows.
Now why couldn't you have simply come quietly like a good little boy.
Suddenly all of the shadows return to the sewer shooting out of the walls in hordes of spikes.
((gotta go, blame the SuperBowl))

McBish
2007-02-04, 05:24 PM
Eric whips out a flat razor and tries to block the spikes away while dodging. He gets hit by a couple of spikes. He growls and lunges foward at the women feinting with his dagger and slashing with his razor at her throat.

((Great. Stuck in the sewers. Well this stinks.))

GuesssWho
2007-02-04, 07:30 PM
There is a growl. "Who disturbs the sleeping dragon?!"

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 07:38 PM
((alright, I think I can be on for a little while, with maybe semi-decently timed posts, but I might have to go at any second))
Eric doesn't even get close to her. As he lunges forward a pseudopod shoots out of the orb to smash Eric down with the force of a speeding semi-truck.
Come come now, you didn't think I would come unprepared for you blade users did you?

McBish
2007-02-04, 07:41 PM
Eric spins so he only gets a glancing blow from the semi-truck ball. Still he falls back against the wall and grimaces in pain. Only trick I got lady. But I think you woke up something.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 07:45 PM
I am not worried about it. Should in the rare event I need to retreat I can do it with all the expediancy necesarry. Now be a good boy and...SIT!
Once more the spikes shoot out of the walls, but they also come out of the ceiling and floor and they seem to make a point of aiming at Eric.

GuesssWho
2007-02-04, 07:48 PM
A horse-sized black dragon appears from out of another tunnel.
"BE QUIET!" she howls.
An elf follows the dragon. "Yeah, some of us are trying to sleep. Gods!"

McBish
Eric spins around but still gets hit several more times and slumps to the floor.

((Is there still a wall between him and the exit of the tunnel to the ocean?))

GuesssWho
{Wow, you guys are seriously not being quiet! :smallbiggrin: }

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 07:50 PM
((yes, she is floating in front of it to be exact))
You fools will be silent if you know what is good for you!
The woman floats to the ground and the orb contracts to sit around her body. She walks up to Eric and the spikes retreat to allow her to pass.

McBish
2007-02-04, 07:51 PM
Eric glares at her but doesn't move.

ged424
2007-02-04, 07:51 PM
((come over, Todd. PLEEEEAASE??))

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 07:55 PM
((umm ged, there is no Todd here....))
She walks up and kneels in front of him.
Come now little soul, where's the fight now?
She moves to put a finger on Eric's forehead,

McBish
2007-02-04, 07:57 PM
Eric feints with his dagger while he tries to trip her or knock her off balance with a kick.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 07:58 PM
Further pseudopods shoot out of the (now condensed) orb to hold his limbs back and stop his struggling.
There it is....
She continues to try and put her finger on his forehead.

McBish
2007-02-04, 08:01 PM
Eric not able to move glares daggers at him, and with a flick of the wrist he throws a dagger as well.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 08:05 PM
The dagger grazes her face drawing blood. She rubs the blood off and flicks it at the wall, which begins to disintegrate.
Will you stop moving now, please?
((assuming this works because you've yet to say to the contrary))
She puts her index finger on his forehead, and smiles.
Come forth little soul....
Eric feels a distinct tugging feeling in his chest as his soul attempts to leave his body..

McBish
2007-02-04, 08:06 PM
((Well I have nothing to stop it.))

Eric's soul seems very attached to his body and resists being pulled out.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 08:09 PM
This is better....
The soul tugs more insistantly.
Out of the blue a large bow slams into her head and knocks her to the side. As a result, Eric's bonds vanish.
Not today Katalia! Quickly child! My hand!
Chaotic Bob insistantly holds his hand out to Eric.
The NZ's begin to run forward and the shadows begin to creep again.

McBish
2007-02-04, 08:10 PM
Eric reaches out and grabs his hand and slashes at her with his other hand.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-04, 08:15 PM
Katalia leaps to her feet and lunges at them, a look of unimaginable fury on her face.
He's mine!
No. He's not. Not yet. Urhujnafegutel.
Chaotic Bob and Eric vanish off to the Temple of Inari.
((hope you don't mind))
NO!
About half of the sewer explode in their wake.

McBish
2007-02-04, 08:15 PM
((Don't mind at all.))

GuesssWho
2007-02-04, 08:18 PM
The dragon and elf shake their heads, then go back to sleep.

Flabbicus
2007-02-10, 01:44 PM
Flabbicus, a human who wears the same clothes as him, and a few villagers drop down into the sewers.

Let's go.
Alright. Follow me.

They move further into the underground, disappearing into the darkness.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-10, 01:45 PM
Vespe drops down, following Flabbicus and the villagers.

Flabbicus
2007-02-10, 01:48 PM
Someone's following us.
Its just him. Er, her. Whatever, I'll be back.

The human and villagers keep moving and Flabbicus turns back to find Vespe.

Hello?! Vespe! What are you doing here?

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-10, 01:49 PM
Nothing. Can't I just drop into the sewers and follow a mind flayer leading several people deep underground anymore?

Flabbicus
2007-02-10, 01:52 PM
Flabbicus scratches his head.

Yes you can, but- Amnesia Dust!

He throws some gunpowder at Vespe's face.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-10, 01:53 PM
Wait, what? Let me just light up a fireball to see what you said.... *a-splode* Whats happening? Where am I?

Flabbicus
2007-02-10, 01:56 PM
You are in the sewers looking for the Dread Beast James. Third pipe on the left, can't miss it. I was showing you were he was, then I'm going to disappear like all shady contacts do. Remember, his claws are his weak-spot.

He disappears into the darkness like all mysterious and shady guides do.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-10, 01:57 PM
LEEROY JENKINS! Vespe charges into the pipe.

Flabbicus
2007-02-10, 02:04 PM
Through the pipe is a large crab-like humanoid. He is drinking tea and cleaning his mouth with a napkin.

I say! Are you hear to kill me? Just let me get ready then.

James starts to stretch his carapace.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-10, 07:43 PM
Vespe attacks the crab man.

Flabbicus
2007-02-10, 10:27 PM
Vespe's blows don't seem to break through the crab man's carapace. It attempts to swat him aside using its claws.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-11, 01:12 AM
Fireball! Lighting Bolt! Another Fireball! Evans Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion! Vespe's Natural 20! Another Evans Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion!

GuesssWho
2007-02-11, 10:57 PM
"Idiots," Sasic mutters, and she goes to sleep.

Flabbicus
2007-02-11, 10:59 PM
It burns!

The crab man dies.

[hr]

Flabbicus enters the sewers and staggers over to his house.

(( Signing off for the night... ))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-12, 12:33 AM
Vespe lifts the crab man over her shoulder and leaves the sewer.

Renrik
2007-02-12, 08:45 PM
A group of goblins carry a large number of crates into one of the sewer tunnels, and then close the grate over the tunnel, putting a large chain over it.
------

Renrik drops down from a grate in the slums, and skulks through the well-known passages of the sewers.
He stops when he hears the scuttling of some fell beast in the distance, and stays silent until it passes.
He continues until he reaches a certain spot. He mutters something indescipherable, and the wall dissapears. He walks through, into the room beyond, and the wall appears once more.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 11:54 PM
Renrik once more enters his hideout in the sewers.

He built it when the town was still young, during the First Guild War. Then it had served as a private sanctum. It still does.

The room is a small, sparsely furnished cell, with a cot, a desk, and a stool. Two hidden doorways, in the west and north walls, lead to the sewers and the basement of the Theatre of Masks, respectively. Renrik's collection of knives hang from one wall.

The desk is covered in maps and charts, showing the layout of the Northlands and the North Sea, as well as the city of Rimeholt, capitol of the Northlands. Near the desk leans a well-used, finely crafted bastard sword, its hilt decorated with the seal of the Order of the Wolf.

Renrik sits on his cots, and looks at the sword, running his fingers along the blade. He lets out a chuckle, and activates the ward on the room, then falls asleep.

J_Muller
2007-02-19, 07:57 PM
A large military backpack falls from a manhole above. Following it shortly is Chase, with a rocket launcher slung across his back, bleeding from two head wounds. Grabbing the backpack and attaching the rocket launcher to it, he reaches into it and pulls out night vision goggles. Putting them on, he runs down the access path, looking over his shoulder every so often to check if he is being followed. After some time, he stops, looks around once more, and enters a nearby door.

Flabbicus
2007-02-25, 02:59 PM
The illithid sloshes through the disgusting water over to a ladder. He climbs up the rickety old rusty thing until he reaches the top, which is blocked by a manhole. He attempts to open it.

Renrik
2007-03-05, 05:09 PM
Renrik walks through the sewers, the denizens therin shrinking away from the assassin. He enters his hideout.

The asssassin looks around the small cell, gathers up the few maps and papers he needs, and puts the rest on the desk.

He douses the cot and the desk in oil,the goes to stand by the doorway.

A small grin on his face, his mutters a "goodbye" to his old hideout, and tosses a torch intot he room, dissapearing down the sewer tunnels.

J_Muller
2007-03-06, 12:58 AM
Emerging from a difficult-to-spot door in a less visited portion of the sewers, Chase walks down the path next to the sewers for a while, making several turns, then climbs a ladder and ascends to the surface.

J_Muller
2007-03-06, 01:28 AM
Climbing back down a different ladder, Chase returns to the sewers and follows a winding path back to the door, which he enters.

EDIT: The next day, Chase exits, following a seemingly random path to a ladder, which he climbs to the surface.

EDIT-2: That evening, Chase climbs back down a different ladder and returns to the door.

Dartonus
2007-03-23, 08:15 PM
A large, Acorn shaped object slams into the street above with a massive crash. It creates a hole and falls into the sewers with a massive splash, steaming slightly.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-23, 08:24 PM
Namesake leaps down through the hole, landing surprisingly nimbly despite his rigor mortis. He has a hand ready to draw his greatclub.

"Well then...what would this be?" he states loudly to himself.

Dartonus
2007-03-23, 08:26 PM
A scythe-like, blood red claw erupts from the spore, attempting to hook him and pull him in.

Rainspattered
2007-03-23, 08:30 PM
A group of Zentraedi infantry, slowed by removing their battlepods, attempt to warn him. "Stay away!" the fifty-foot-tall warriors yell, fitting their guns alone through any entrance into the sewers, "We're going to have to destroy the thing. It lets loose a living plague like nothing else you've ever see."

NecroPaladin
2007-03-23, 08:33 PM
"Graaaaah!"

Namesake falls, arsenic spilling out of his leg as it pulls him in. His eyes flash and take on the familiar white hue...battle time.

"I have no blood to give you, beast, but make due with this gift!"

He smashes with his beloved big holy half-a-tree as accurately as he can from his current posture. Particularly, he goes for a joint where the scythe-claw might be attached to the "acorn."

"I'll have you boys know that I'm not afraid of any disease that this repulsive sin made material might spawn."

He winces, pulling back;

"If anything, I'd suggest that you ... not expose yourselves too much."

Dartonus
2007-03-23, 08:33 PM
The Spore literally explodes with movement, and millions of Rippers swarm down the sewers. They are followed by genestealers and the Gaunts. A warrior brood follows those, and nearby rats flee.

An army of Tyranids is loose in the sewers.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-23, 08:39 PM
Namesake stands up, stumbling.

Then, sarcastically, "Well. At least I get to do battle with the pretty ones."

He grins cruelly with a glint in his eye, and launches himself into the fray, making as much noise as possible to alert the aboveground.

As they start to break out of the sewers,

"You abberant cowards!"

Rainspattered
2007-03-23, 08:39 PM
"We are sorry for you life. You have died with honour," The Zentraedi commander yells into the sewers at Namesake, firing their guns into any openings in the sewets before the commander follows the order from above and detonates the strategically planted battlepods, their protoculture reactors going up in massive explosions, spread by the flammable sewer gas. Most of the sewers are collaped and inflamed.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-23, 08:41 PM
Namesake dissapears under the rubble with an exclamatory sound.

Dartonus
2007-03-23, 08:53 PM
A few invisible Tyranids claw at Namesake's back with their long scythe claws.
Belkar said it best:
:belkar: :Crap, He has greater invisibility?

Rainspattered
2007-03-23, 08:57 PM
As I said it best: They also have more than a literal ton of ****ing rubble on top of them, and are probable enshrowded in flames.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-23, 09:13 PM
((I meant dissapeared as in completely buried so you can't see any part of his body. He also clawed his way above, see "streets".)) Nevertheless, he loses his arm to Tyranids as he makes his way up.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-23, 10:58 PM
An army of Spartans led by Vespe runs into the sewers. They see the Tyranids.

Tonight we dine in hell! For Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
The army charges the Tyranids, killing a bunch of them in really cool bullet time style.

Dartonus
2007-03-24, 04:43 AM
The Tyranids begin spitting acid at the spartans.

Obsidian Blade
2007-03-24, 05:12 AM
With a low hum of electricity, some shadows seem to congeal and form the outlines of two people. A sharp crack is heard in the silence, and then the light breathing of two huminoids. A woman and a man stand in the darkness, side by side. By use of intricate hand signals, they hold a short conversation with each other, then slip out silently onto the streets.

Dartonus
2007-03-24, 05:43 AM
The sewers, blocked by the rubble, begin to back up.

Xerillum
2007-03-24, 08:23 AM
Xerillum passes through the rubble and Tyranids, going out to the sea.

Castaras
2007-03-24, 12:30 PM
A flash of light, and Ilvari appears in another area of the sewers. She walks swiftly down the sewers, eyes fading into white. She pauses by a web-laced tunnel, and brushes them back, walking in. The webs close behind her, preventing anything else from going through. A few spiders scuttle over the thick network of webs, strengthing the threads.

-------

A few tiny spiders scuttle along the threads, lighting them up. The light casts an eerie, faint glow in the dark tunnels. A shadow of Ilvari can be seen to be walking into a small chamber within the slums.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-24, 12:52 PM
The Spartans die heroically in a last stand against the Tyranid menace. Vespe dies as well, but his ghost simply rises up through the sewers to go find the Temple of the 20 and be raised.

GuesssWho
2007-03-24, 02:20 PM
Sasic, being immune to acid, has been killing Tyranids gleefully from her hiding place.
Scylla, laughing, joins in.

Castaras
2007-03-24, 02:26 PM
A group of spiders trickle through the shadows. They go up through a newly dug tunnel.

---------

A long line of spiders take through the tunnels assorted goods, heading for the webbed cavern. They pass the objects through, the webs slowly opening and letting them pass. After all the objects have gone through, a large spider chitters, runs in, and seals the webs behind. All is silent once again, except for the distant sound of battle near all the rubble, elsewhere in the sewers.

Nevrmore
2007-03-24, 03:08 PM
A light pierces through the inky blackness of the Sewer as a manhole is slowly uprooted. Two voices can be heard faintly. One sounds frightened.

"Go." One of the voices commands.

"W-why should I even have to? There's no one down there!"
"We were told that people have been coming in and out of here for days, and if we missed anyone it would be because they were in here. Now go."

"But why me?? I've been faithful, haven't I? I've been good to you!" The voice begs the man to stop.

"And this is the ultimate test of your faith to me, to us. Now GO."

There was a little more arguing and eventually, probably from a push by the demanding voice, the frightened man fell into the sewers, hitting the water with a splash. He got up, not even noticing the disgusting sludge invading his orifices, and looked around quizzically.

Dartonus
2007-03-24, 04:11 PM
The sewage backup is getting larger to the point of almost overflowing into the streets.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 12:10 AM
Vespe returns and casts Summon Spartan XXXXXX. Hundreds of Spartans clog the sewers in a huge charging phalanx formation and begin to slaughter the Tyranid horde.

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 12:53 AM
The man who had fell down earlier gulps audibly as the Spartans show up.

Oh no...I'm about to die...

Dartonus
2007-03-25, 05:31 AM
The Panda Bandit appears and plucks a deep-fried goblin off his armor.
It's fun to burn the orphanages of those I hate!
He walks down one of the tunnels.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 05:35 AM
A dim light appears in the tunnel. Ilvari peers out from the mass of webs, checking for any intruders. She smiles slightly, before closing the webs behind her again.

A while later, a hunched, old drow hag makes her slow way out of the webs, tottering on a wooden staff. She coughs and splutters in the sewers as the rats run over to her. She dies a slow horrible death of disease, rats, and sewage.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 08:11 AM
Several of Random's "creations" wander through the sewers searching intently. They seem completely unaware of anything else.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 12:04 PM
Drow #1 and Drow #2 fall into one of the sewage chambers, very dead. A spider chitters and scuttles to the webbed tunnel. The faint sound of Ilvari's curses ring through the quiet sewer tunnels.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 12:43 PM
Clergyman State lands with a splash in the sewer-water, followed by four minions. He makes a disgruntled sound, and then sees the half-dead man lying in the debris (The one from Nevrmore's post).

"You two. Take that man back to The Scar, but do not torture him. I doubt he's an enemy, but healing the wretch will give us full access to any knowledge of the sewers or town that he possesses."

One of the minions hesitates for a second, and State hammers him over the head with his baton, softly enough to cause pain without debilitating the man.

"With haste! The poor thing is dying, and if he dies it should be OUR fault!"

The minions pick him up by the feet and arms and begin to run back up the rubble to the street.

State continues on with two minions and begins to survey the underside of the Police Headquarters.

There is a ZORP as State and the two minions are once again blasted into dead time, as State's player's cousin's birthday is today.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 12:50 PM
A clanking comes from the webbed tunnels.

How does this blasted thing work?!

A lazer shoots out from the depths, creating a hole through the webs. Ilvari curses. More clanking, then the sound of metal collapsing. There's silence for a minute, then the sound of whirring gears. Another lazer shoots through the web. A whirl of magic and then silence reigns once again.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 12:52 PM
The "creations" continue their search. They start down the webbed tunnels.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:20 PM
They find it pretty hard to, seeing as the webs prevent anything from getting through. A blast of magic attempts to push the creations out.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 01:22 PM
Dall appears near the webs

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 01:22 PM
The "creations" stumble backwards. They stop and stare at each other for a second. Then they continue forwards, apparently unconcerned.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:23 PM
A few spiders trickle over the threads, strengthing them with magic. The webs once again prevent anything from getting through. They start to get sticky.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 01:24 PM
Dall makes an arcane gesture and easily walks in to the webs

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:26 PM
The webs quickly contract and close on Dall, causing capture within the threads unless he goes back in the direction he came. These aren't normal magical webs. A dark shape appears at the end of the web network.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 01:27 PM
The "creations" draw weapons and begin to slice through them, ripping their swords free when they get stuck. They are making slow progress but they are still advancing.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 01:28 PM
(warlock invocation Spiderwalk: webs magic or not do not effect the warlock) he continues, drawing his longsword

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:30 PM
(( These aren't magical webs. They ain't normal webs. They are god webs. Webs created by Lolth. No-one can get through unless allowed by Lolth or are gods... ))

The webs stay very sticky, and don't get sliced. The figure watches.

What are you doing trying to break into my home?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 01:33 PM
The "creations" glow for a second, then look at the dark figure."We have no argument with you. We are merely searching. Let us pass."

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 01:33 PM
i am interested he says interested in this place

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:37 PM
Ilvari glares at the creations.

There is nothing that you are looking for here, creatures. Be off with you, lest you invoke my wrath.

And as for you, Elf.

Ilvari turns to Dall, and smiles coldly.

Why of course, if you are "Interested". Come over here.

(( And if you value your character's life, I'd move him elsewhere. ))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 01:39 PM
The "creations" do not leave. "You have no idea what we are looking for. We do not care about what you are doing here. We merely wish to conduct a brief search. And if you destroy us our master will send a never ending tide of us down here."

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 01:39 PM
((why he can fend for himself)) interesting he walks up to the celling (moved enough?:smallamused:) why do you want to see me now?

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:41 PM
(( Can he survive against a goddess? Lolth, to be precise? ))

Why, I didn't know who it was. But then I saw it was an Elf like you...

She spits the word "Elf" as if it's poison. She glares at the creations.

You will leave. I will not have people I do not wish to have in my living area. Now get lost.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 01:44 PM
The "creations" glow again. "We are not people. We are servants. And unless our master orders other wise we MUST continue our search of these sewers. We do not want to stay here but have no choice."They continue their vain attempt to move forwards.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:47 PM
Tell your master that he will have to talk with me before he can infiltrate my home. Now get out!

She mass dominate monsters the creations, trying to get them to get lost and leave her in peace.

A clanking comes from behind her, as if machinery is waking up.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 01:48 PM
Dall curses doubles over (or up in this case) then explodes in a wave of wild magic that stops all god-magic and most mortal magic. he hangs upside-down a drop of blood falls from his mouth, then his eyes open up glowing red. a aura of evil pours of of him and he shoots 3 blasts of fire at Ilvari

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 01:49 PM
The creations do not leave. They are not monsters. "You cannot make us leave so easily. Our master will come down and talk with you shortly. We hear machinery."

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:54 PM
A shield appears around Ilvari. A second, taller drow woman appears beside her.

Elf. If I didn't have things that needed doing, I would kill you here and now. Leave this place. No follower of me can be hurt in this cavern. Do not even try.

Ilvari turns to the creations.

When your master arrives, this lady here will deal with him.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 01:56 PM
The "creations" nod. "He is delayed. He is apparently watching something funny. We do not know what."

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 01:58 PM
he goes illusion but still watches. hanging up side down

Castaras
2007-03-25, 01:58 PM
Ilvari nods and turns and walks away. Spiders crawl out from the webs, repairing them. Lolth attempts to dispel the illusion and scrying.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 02:00 PM
why do you have this here? a voice says behind her

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:02 PM
Lolth ignores Dall and casts a greater dispel style of spell on the illusion.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 02:03 PM
Random, master of the "creations" appears, flanked by six more of them. His right eye flickers for a second. He notices the tall drow woman. "I understand I hav to talk to you to enter this place"

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:04 PM
What is it you are after which makes you try and desecrate this place?

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 02:05 PM
it vanishes answer me, drow!
(c'mon Fight fight)

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 02:06 PM
Random looks puzzled. "Ah, you mean my creations here. Well I apologise for that. They are a bit single-minded in their tasks. I have lost valuable machinery and am searching the whole town for it. The odds are it is not located here but I must search everywhere."

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:09 PM
What does this machinery look like?

Lolth makes a guesture to Ilvari. Ilvari, confused, moves down the caverns out of sight.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 02:11 PM
Random sighs. "It is very complicated, definitely not in one whole piece. The piece I believe is here looks like a simple flat disc with a slot in the middle. If you let me through I would quite willingly return the favour some time."

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:12 PM
Ilvari walks out, carrying a small flat disc with a slot in the middle. She hands it to Lolth, who offers it to Random.

This is the closest to your description we have in here. If it isn't the thing you're looking for, it won't be here.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 02:14 PM
Random's eye flickers again. "Hmm yes... THIS IS IT! THEY ARE HERE!" He calms down. "Yes, that is what I am looking for. I owe you."

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:15 PM
Lolth gives an ultra-sweet smile.

I will hold you to that. What is your name, so I may call on you if I so need it?

Ilvari looks up, checking that Dall has gone. She creates a sphere around the cavern that prevents all scrying to see into.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 02:15 PM
it vanishes

((does that answer your question?))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 02:17 PM
"My name is Random. I have a laboratory just outside of my town. It's easy to spot. There are always some of my creations on guard."

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:19 PM
(( What question.
<.<
>.> ))
Then that will be how it is.

Lolth fades away.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-25, 02:22 PM
Random whistles and pulls out ruby. He mutters, rubs it and disapears

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:23 PM
Ilvari turns and fades into the darkness again. Hundreds of tiny spiders trickle over all the threads of web, reinforcing and repairing them.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 02:29 PM
Dall still stands invisible, scanning the darkness

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:30 PM
He can't see anything. Not one little thing. Just darkness. The spiders scuttle around still, waiting for the intruder to leave.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 02:37 PM
He uses Devil's Sight

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:42 PM
The darkness fades away, revealing a small chamber. It looks cozy, with a few chairs, a bed, and a place to cook food. Warmth and coziness.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 02:45 PM
hum. interesting he steps forward

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:50 PM
A force barrier bars him from going in.

Ilvari looks up at him, from her chair.

Go away.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 02:56 PM
fine he vanishes.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 02:58 PM
Ilvari smiles, and the darkness encompasses the area again.

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 03:01 PM
((What a way to kill him i mean man that was good))

Castaras
2007-03-25, 03:05 PM
(( Mostly I didn't kill him due to the fact I don't know when I'm gonna be kicked off by my parents. And also because I have a feeling you wouldn't let Lolth kill him ))

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 03:17 PM
((are you saying that i am a godmoder?))

Castaras
2007-03-25, 03:18 PM
(( No, I'm saying that alot of people won't want one of their characters killed by some god another player is controlling.

Look, I'm not going to argue or flame. Just leave it at that. ))

Goblin Music
2007-03-25, 03:19 PM
((K' but a couple levels in blood mage would be nice))

Baeleck
2007-03-25, 03:38 PM
The Wampus enters the sewers from The Slanty Shanty. It croaks hoarsley. "Well, this looks as good a place as any." It plops down onto the floor and slides along, croaking as it goes. It then finds a pipe and slithers inside, making itself comfortable.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-25, 08:09 PM
State reappears from dead time and finds a satisfying spot, drilling under and around the Police Station not so much as to break into the station itself, but to weaken the ground all around it in the case of a blast. He then hastily removes himself from the area, minions in tow.

GuesssWho
2007-03-25, 09:03 PM
Scylla sets up an Alarm spell for their 'room'.
Then both of them lay down to rest.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 04:02 AM
Faint sounds of machinery, imaginative drow curses, and spider chittering can be heard from beyond the webbed tunnel.

After a long while the noise subsides. A gust of wind shakes the webs, and a laser beam shoots through them all. Spiders scuttle over the webs, repairing them again. Soon the darkness and silence returns.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 07:46 AM
Several of Random's "creations" are apparently expanding the sewers at the edge of the town. They all pause and groan when the laser is fired.

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 12:22 PM
The Wampus awakens, and slithers out of the pipe it was sleeping in. It grunts a bit, and then slithers around the sewers, searching for food. It then heads out of another manhole, onto the streets.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 01:02 PM
The clanking starts up again in the sewer tunnel, and a few muffled curses. After a while the machinery calms down.

{undercommon}Well at least we can all use it.
{undercommon}Good. You. Go get some more. About 15, I'd say.
{undercommon}Ok.

A slight whirr of magic, then all is quiet again.

----

{undercommon}Got them.
{undercommon}Good. Activate them. The spiders say that they'll come soon.

The whirr of machinery starts up again. Clanking comes from beyond the webs.

{undercommon}Can't we just prevent them from getting through the webs? We only want the half-human, don't we?
{undercommon}Those sisters I want to get rid of. They're being extremely annoying.
{undercommon}Ok. So we keep out the other magic person?
{undercommon}No. He's a friend of Castaras'. Let him come and meet his doom.

The noise dies down again. Spiders scuttle over the web strands, reinforcing them all.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 01:39 PM
The "creations" break through the wall. A dim light shines through the hole. Whatever the "creations" were doing, they were successful.

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 01:42 PM
The Wampus returns to the sewers, a hand poking out from it's gooey body. It sucks it in and then splashes into the water, floating along the top and letting the current take it.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 01:46 PM
4 Alexanders, 3 of them packing flamethrowers walk down the sewers, keeping it slow as they wait for their companions.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 01:49 PM
Castaras follows behind. A faint chittering can be heard in the distance.

~~~~~

{undercommon}They're coming.
{undercommon}Good. We have a little surprise for them...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 01:50 PM
Th "creations" begin pouring out of the hole, carrying heavy lumps of machinery with them.

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 01:51 PM
The girls reach the webs.

Snowraven walks forwards alone while the others cover her with the flamers.

She starts to place something all around the wall on the edge of the webs.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 01:53 PM
The webs slowly part, opening up the tunnels network.

(( Thread for this coming up ))

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 01:54 PM
((Ok, should be interesting))

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 02:01 PM
The Wampus watches the 'creations' carry away machinery from on the water. It swims to the side and gets out, before transforming so it is made of rusted scrap metal and cogs.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 02:19 PM
The "creations" continue their work, with still more of them pouring through the hole. A group of larger "creations" surround the workers, glow for a second and draw weapons.

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 02:21 PM
The Wampus watches with mild interest, its mind on something other than food for the moment.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 02:25 PM
The "creations" start painting the walls with a horrible, sickly blue paint. One of the armed "creations" glows again and wanders towards the scrap metal and cogs.

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 02:28 PM
The Wampus nods to the creation, its headlamp eyes swiveling a bit. "Greetings." Its body shudders at the blue paint.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 02:32 PM
The "creation" pauses for a fraction of a second before glowing and taking a step back. "You are a threat. Threats cannot be allowed within our master's laboratory." Several more armed "creations" advance on the Wampus.

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 02:35 PM
The Wampus' eyes widen. "Hey, whoa! Why am I a threat, I just want to talk! I sure can't eat you things... Metal doesn't taste nice." It moves back a bit.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 02:37 PM
The creation pauses. "You contain enough power to register. Therefore you are a threat. And threats cannot be allowed within our master's laboratory. This part of the sewers is now his laboratory." The "creation" glows again. "Our master will let you talk with us.For now."

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 02:41 PM
The Wampus swallows and croaks. "Thank you. I will be sure to make my way out of the laboratory when I must." It pauses for a moment. "Who might your master be? Is he mechanical like you, or a fleshling?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 02:45 PM
The "creation" glares at the Wampus. "If you even think of eating our master you will face our wrath." More of the "creations" advance and surround the Wampus, cutting off its escape.

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 02:49 PM
"Oh no! Of course not!" The Wampus is lying through its teeth here, for if it was ever to meet their master, and he was a fleshling, it would be very much compelled to gobble him up. "I'm guessing he is a fleshy one, though?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately for The Wampus the "creations" have telepathy. "You would harm our master. You ARE a threat. Therefore you ust die." The "creations advance, forming an ever tighter ring around The Wampus, they begin spinning their weapons, as they reach high speed there is an audible "HUM".

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 02:54 PM
Dall drops n to the sewers next to the "creations"

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 02:56 PM
"Bugger it." The Wampus turns to its goo form and liquifies, spreading in a huge puddle. It trickles into the sewer network, and it reforms in the water, being carried away by the current. "No hard feelings about munching on your master, right?!?!" It calls back.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-26, 02:57 PM
The "creations" glow and retreat, back to the machinery. "You are free to go this time. Do not come here again."

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 03:00 PM
The Wampus floats round the corner and out of sight of the creations, glaring at Dall as it floats away.

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 03:02 PM
Dall dashes of to the webbed part of the sewers

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 03:12 PM
The Wampus decides to go up to the surface again. It squeezes up a thin pipe.

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 03:24 PM
Dall stops wonders what a Wampus is and what it is doing in the sewers and runs in the direction it was going.

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 03:28 PM
Dall would see that The Wampus had vanished up a thin pipe. It leads up to the OmniShop.

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 03:30 PM
he looks in the pipe to see if it is still there.

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 03:34 PM
The Wampus comes slithering back down, and nears the end of the pipe, but a pocket of dead time catches it before it spews out the end.

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 03:35 PM
Dall jumps back

Castaras
2007-03-26, 04:40 PM
Castaras heads out of the tunnels that once had webs. She glances back, and sniggers slightly at what Duskblossom has in her hands, before climbing up and out of the sewage.

Goblin Music
2007-03-26, 04:41 PM
Dall vanishes suddenly

Timberwolf
2007-03-26, 04:42 PM
The sisters follow castaras.

The Geomancer
2007-03-26, 05:14 PM
A large crocodile crawls out of one of the pipes. It is in humanoid shape, and walks on its smaller back legs while using its larger front lets for balance and support. ((It walks like a gorilla, in fact it looks like a crocodile shaped gorilla)) It looks around at everything and begins to climb up a ladder to a manhole on the surface.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-26, 11:12 PM
State and a contingent of troops charge down the tunnel network to the preordained blast site, hastily rattling off a military march.

They set up a number of black powder charges with an eagerness not usually evident in their ranks.

"Start us off, Private"

"I dunno but I been told-"
"I dunno but I been told-"

"The old regime sure's mighty old-"
"The old regime sure's mighty old-"

"So with my bomb and with my sword-"
"So with my bomb and with my sword-"

"I'll carve a mark for K.N.A.V.E'S new lord!"
"I'll carve a mark for K.N.A.V.E'S new lord!"

"Sound off!"

A variable network of charges is soon set up in the vague outline of the underside of a building.

"Alright men, clear OUT!"

All of them go into Dead Time stasis because I need to log off and because I want more members of K.N.A.V.E.S to be here.

((We'll pull off the operation later))

Skjaldbakka
2007-03-27, 12:27 AM
A scream of pain can be heard from the streets, that trails off into a whimper.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 02:42 AM
By now the corner of the sewers where the "creations" are no longer looks like the sewers. To start with it actually looks clean enough to live in, and then of course there is all the machinery lying around.

Random appears surrounded by several dozen "creations" including some with wings."Right, my creations. You're task is to seak out and destroy The Wampus. I will NOT have that thing in MY laboratory."

The "creations" split into smaller groups and begin searching the sewers, thoroughly.

Random smirks, mutters, and vanishes along with six of his "creations"

Baeleck
2007-03-27, 09:20 AM
The Wampus breaks out of dead time and spews out the end of a thin pipe. It lands on the floor with a 'splot'. It then begins to wander around the sewers, heading out of the area which has been deemed the laboratory. It makes sure to stay well hiden so as not to be detected by any of the 'creations'.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 01:04 PM
The "creations" search the whole area thoroughly in ten groups of 11 workers, 4 armed, 1 winged. They then adopt a grid like pattern search forming a long straight line that stretches from end to end of the sewers. They identify threats, their power registers in their vision. It will take them several hours but they will find The Wampus eventually.

Baeleck
2007-03-27, 01:06 PM
The Wampus finds a corner and rests for a moment, but then hears the 'creations' advancing. It thinks he can hide where it is, and so slips into a crack in a wall.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 01:10 PM
The "creations" round the corner and glow for a second. Their eyes turn to the crack in the wall. The nearest winged "creation" flaps over and pulls out what looks suspiciously like a spear. "Come out of there Wampus. Now. If you know what this is you will obey."

Baeleck
2007-03-27, 01:15 PM
The Wampus slowly emerges from its hiding place. It looks at the spear-like thing, and makes a shrugging motion. "Looks like a spear. But I can't say what it is." It gulps a bit. "You're not here to kill me, are you?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 01:19 PM
The winged "creation" turns to face The Wampus."No, we are here to display our power. Then we will give you another chance to leave the sewers." Behind it another winged "creation" draws its spear and aims it at a large lump of rock. Nothing visible happens for several seconds, then the rock shatters."That is the show of power. Now leave the sewers, you have angered our master."

Baeleck
2007-03-27, 01:22 PM
"Ugh, why does everyone want me out..." It grumbles a bit, and then looks up at the winged creation. "I would be happy to go, if, prehaps, you can get me to the Plane of Lost Things..."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 01:26 PM
The winged "creation" stares at The Wampus. Several "creations" behind it glow for several minutes. The winged one answers. "You dare bargain with us? Our master has given you a most generous offer. Leave now or we WILL DESTROY YOU!" The winged "creation" aims its spear at The Wampus. Other winged ones move in, spears in hand.

Baeleck
2007-03-27, 01:28 PM
"Gah!" The Wampus clambers up the wall quickly. "Ok, I'll go! I'll go!" It makes it's way out of the nearest manhole, up into the slums.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-27, 01:30 PM
After a coupl of minutes one of the winged "creations" flashes and follows the wampus's trail. Making sure it is never seen.

NecroPaladin
2007-03-27, 06:14 PM
State calls it a day for sabotage and retires through the sewers with his company to an entrance to The Scar.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 02:42 AM
Loud thumps and whirs come from Random's lab in the sewer, followed by a cry of "SUCCESS!"

Several molten lumps of metal crawl into the sewer. "Find that Wampus! He must see the results of my work."

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 09:39 AM
The Wampus returns to the sewers.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 09:56 AM
The "creations" approach The Wampus unarmed, a gesture of peace. "Our master wishes to talk to you. We would advise you to follow us."

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 09:57 AM
The Wampus nods. "Very well, I will follow you."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 10:02 AM
The "creations" lead The Wampus to the part of the laboratory Random has claimed as his own. "This is our master"

A short man walks out, wearing a leather glove on his right hand. He has a limp, his left leg is noticably shorter. He flicks out a blue, forked, reptilian tongue. In his left hand is a wooden walking stick, its handle is a ruby shaped like a skull. "Ah, Wampus...At last we meet."

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 10:05 AM
The Wampus gives a bow, although it is not that noticeable as it is in gooey form. It transforms to metal. "A pleasure, I'm sure." It is careful to be as polite as possible. "Have you had... sucess with your experiments?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 10:07 AM
Random grins. "Indeed I have. In fact you are talking to the results right now."

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 10:15 AM
It raises an eyebrow. "Oh? Well, what new effects are present? I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting you before this experiment, so I can't see what's changed. You were interested in my shapeshifting, so can you shapeshift yourself now?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 10:21 AM
3 more Randoms step out of the shadows and line up next to the current one. All four answer in the same voice."No,no my dear Wampus. I have created four shapeshifting creations. I have not actually shown my face yet. Oh and thanks for the idea...Me, a shapeshifter?"

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 10:26 AM
The Wampus sighs. "I still do not get to meet you. Oh well. These new shapeshifting creations of yours would have had me fooled, I would never have guessed they were the same sort as I have seen before. I am impressed with your work." It grins a bit. "Now, about this Plane of Lost Things..."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 10:33 AM
The shapeshifting "creations" change into 4 large humans in black clothing, each one is armed with a gun. "We need information about this Plane of Lost Things. Then we will help you track down a portal to it."

Behind them the real Random finally emerges. "Wampus I am no fool. If you ever get a chance you WILL try and eat me. But keep in mind that this will mean your death and my soul will be transported into a much more powerful creation than those you see before you. You cannot kill me. Now, what is this Plane of Lost Things." Several winged "creations" form a shield around Random.

Unfortunately as he is talking Random and his creations are engulfed by dead time.

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 10:49 AM
The Wampus knows that it would not try and eat Random, for fear of its life. Seeing how the man has already demonstrated his power, and how he can help it get back 'home', it has no compulsion to do so. It croaks. "The Plane of Lost Things is where anything, or anyone, that has become lost can disappear to. I have spent an eternity in that plain, but recently I was banished from it by Lost Elementals for a reason not apparent to me. Being a Plane of Lost Things, it will be hard to trace, I predict, without loosing something to be taken there. You will probably need something to track it with across plain boundaries, but you will not be able to monitor it, as you will then know where it is, thusfore it is no longer lost." It takes a breath here. "That is as much information as I know."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 11:41 AM
Random reappears from dead time. "It seems I may be able to help you then. My teleportation device is most definitely lost. And as long as I don't know its exact location it is still lost, correct?"

The shapeshifters return to Random form. They gather in the centre of the "creations" with the real Random. One of them vanishes. It is, however, unclear whether this is the real one or not.

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 11:51 AM
The Wampus' eyes light up. Literally as well, seeing as they're headlamps. "Yes indeed! I can see where you're going with this, too..."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 11:54 AM
The Randoms grin and nod their heads. "I can find out in what general area it is because... A creation pulls out a flat metal disc with a slot in the middle."I have the base of it right here. And I can find out its general location with this. Not exactly mind you so...theoretically it is still lost."

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 11:58 AM
"Probably... I hope so." It croaks.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 12:01 PM
The Randoms grin. "We will have to see. Be patient for a while, I must do some calculations."

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 12:03 PM
The Wampus sits quietly, breathing quite loudly.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 12:04 PM
Three of the Randoms leave and head for the laboratory (The real one, not the part in the sewers).

A short while later they return, with grins on their faces. "Yes, I've done it. I've made a slight alteration to my creations that should allow them to travel to another plane without fear of disintergrating. The tracking system is operational as well. Everything looks good."

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 01:03 PM
The Wampus grins. "Brilliant. So now what, we wait?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 01:14 PM
The Randoms grin "No we g-" But dead time settles on them, cutting off the rest of their speech.

Baeleck
2007-03-28, 01:24 PM
((Ditto))

The dead time envelops the Wampus also.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-03-28, 01:40 PM
The dead time over the Random's dissapears. "-o crazy, or at least I do. I won't be able to leave The Plane of Lost Things unless I can get my teleportation device working again."

A short while later the base of the device begins to beep. "I've got a lock, accurate within a 5 mile radius. I hope that counts as still lost."

A short while later. "Five miles? Hm... The information seems insufficient for you to actually know where you are, so you may remain for now."

The Randoms stare at the device. "What the heck?"

A short while later. Dead Time sinks over the Randoms again.

Lykan
2007-03-31, 03:51 PM
Kalar enters the sewers and cowers for a bit, no noticing the giant crocodile sneaking up on him... At first.

Right before the beast snaps down on his tail, he turns and leaps out of the way, yelling in surprise. The creature contnues its pursuit onto the land, snapping at him twice more, both near misses. Kalar backs up against the wall as the creature aims to snap at him one more time...

And he flicks a spike into its open mouth. The giant lizard roars, unable to wrench the spine from its mouth, as it flails around. Kalar bites his lip, recognizing this was an exelent oppertunity to escape, and does so, leaping across thee other side of the sewer and boling for the any exit back into the streets...

Dartonus
2007-03-31, 04:25 PM
The Panda bandit, healed after the orphanage incident, disappears.