PDA

View Full Version : New setting, need help

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 04:00 PM
Now it may not be a good idea for my first world design, but i require assistance on creating stats for the 20 playable races i'm adding to my world.

A little backstory: In the begining there was nothing, the only beings were divine spirits that held no form. One day 3 of these spirits came across something they had never seen before (because they had never seen anything before). The thing they found would be known as the Worldsoul. When they approched the Worldsoul, it gave them form and turned them into the first gods; Karrok god of earth, Sarref god of water, and Nerrov god of air. Using there new found powers, the 3 gods created the world around the Worldsoul. Over time more gods formed, eventually reaching 21. To keep order the gods created the Pantheon Pact. Of the many laws, one of the greatest was the law dictating the creation of intelligent races. Each god is allowed one race of their own design.

And that is what I need help with. I didn't want this world to be a clone of other worlds, but to do that I have made a lot of work for myself. I will post the races by god in order the gods were formed. I trying for all LA 0 races for DND 3.5. I would love to here what you guys think.

Karrok: god of earth, creator of the Kargon, men of stone with veins of ore running through their bodies and gemstone eyes.

Sarref: god of water, creator of the Merfolk, a peaceful and playfull race.

Nerrov: god of air, creator of the Aven, a race of winged humanoids.

Harot: god of fire, creator of the Harrim, a race of lizard people with incredible heat resistance.

Chirgon: god of ice, creator of the Yeti, wild beast like beings of the northern waste.

Versi: goddess of life and fate, abstained from creating a race so that she may assist the others in creating theirs.

Atalay: goddess of plants and nature, creator of the Treefolk, staunch protectors of nature.

Virtol: god of deception and trickery, creator of the Humans.

Kargoth: god of beast, creator of the Shifters, who are more like lycanthropes and hengeyokai than normal shifters.

Naxtol: god of death and the moon, creator of the awakened, a race of undead that ave a chance of being created when a person dies.

Oberon: god of order, I want this race to be like the aasimar in concept.

Shaelin: goddess of luck and second chances, creator of the halflings.

Sarzon: god of storms, lightning, and destruction, creator of the orcs.

Betial: god of acid, poison, and torture, creator of the naga, more akin to yuan-ti then WOW naga.

Mandolin: goddess of beauty, music, and art, I don't know what race to put here.

Markazar: god of magic, self-empowerment, and discovery, I don't know what race to put here.

Valara: goddess of shadows, darkness, and secrets, I don't know what race to put here.

Zarkis: god of corruption and power, I don't know what race to put here.

Orgoll: god of slaughter, disease, and suffering, I don't know what race to put here.

Raknaros: god of tyranny and war, I don't know what race to put here.

The Broken One: god of the broken, the betrayed, and orphans, creater of The Silent, the small quiet observers of the world.

HC Rainbow
2014-01-09, 04:11 PM
For the races that are already in existance, do you want a new template for them?

Aka, Orcs, Halflings, etc.

And for the other races, the ones that are there, do you want new stats for them? Or keep it similar to how they are?

Aka, Karrok, With his Gem-eyed Goliaths, You want them to be similar to Goliaths? You want them to be completely different?

I can punch stats up fairly well, as for the extra whonot, I'd need a Lot more information than just names.

ie: Gem-Eyed Goliaths. Can they see? Do they have blindsight instead? (that would rack up some LA seriously fast though, seeing as in my mind Blindsense and tremorsense and etc are superior to darkvision. Minus the lack of color at all times and inability to see flying/jumping people)

Edit: Basically, what I'm asking, Is for you to mentally draw up each race and tell me about them, how they live, how they eat, are they stocky? Muscular? Slender?

Example: Treefolk, You want them to be actual trees? Tree-like people? Elves? Tree dwellers? Dryads?

And I understand how much work it is, I'm doing something similar for my campaign. I love to homebrew everything, But I decided to just take races (like the drow) And either tone them down or up, (Down for the drow example).

EDIT 2: Abboleth is a nifty name for your last god, Maybe. Nirolyth, Ottocon, Baelar, etc.

Edit 3: ... Kill me, I keep thinking of more and more to add to this.

Mandolin: goddess of beauty, music, and art, Creator of Gnomes

Markazar: god of magic, self-empowerment, and discovery, Creator of a mindflayer-like race, being brain eaters and magical and all, or maybe a beholder-esque race.

Valara: goddess of shadows, darkness, and secrets, Creator of I Cant figure the name out for the love of me, Races of Destiny I believe, theyre dark skinned and get like +8 to hide checks because they camoflage and such. High LA though, Tweak them down?

Zarkis: god of corruption and power, Creator of the Tiefling-like?

Orgoll: god of slaughter, disease, and suffering, Creator of the (Almost backwards human-like, kinda like how drow are just dark elves)

Raknaros: god of tyranny and war, Creator of the Ogres.

?: this god does not have a name yet, god of the broken, the betrayed, and orphans. (Make some sort of race that is Mute, communicates with sign language, often shy, but incredibly stealthy, maybe wise because theyre probably listeners, just listening to the world betray eachother, perhaps small sized? Think Whisper Gnome)

See the Bold and Underlined above,

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 04:25 PM
For the already made races, i'm thinking they will probably remain the same unless someone has a cool idea. As for the list, that was so i could have everything laid out.

The Kargon are a race of moutain dwellers with simaler build to goliaths, the gemstones eyes most likely giving darkvision. Although if you can make it LA 0, my original idea was a race of tall men made of stone. They all look the same except for the veins of ore running through there body. Upon death the ore in their body and their eyes are used to make some item that will be kept in a sacred tomb with others while the stone in the body would be given back to the mountain.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 04:29 PM
For the races that are already in existance, do you want a new template for them?

Aka, Orcs, Halflings, etc.

And for the other races, the ones that are there, do you want new stats for them? Or keep it similar to how they are?

Aka, Karrok, With his Gem-eyed Goliaths, You want them to be similar to Goliaths? You want them to be completely different?

I can punch stats up fairly well, as for the extra whonot, I'd need a Lot more information than just names.

ie: Gem-Eyed Goliaths. Can they see? Do they have blindsight instead? (that would rack up some LA seriously fast though, seeing as in my mind Blindsense and tremorsense and etc are superior to darkvision. Minus the lack of color at all times and inability to see flying/jumping people)

Edit: Basically, what I'm asking, Is for you to mentally draw up each race and tell me about them, how they live, how they eat, are they stocky? Muscular? Slender?

Example: Treefolk, You want them to be actual trees? Tree-like people? Elves? Tree dwellers? Dryads?

And I understand how much work it is, I'm doing something similar for my campaign. I love to homebrew everything, But I decided to just take races (like the drow) And either tone them down or up, (Down for the drow example).

EDIT 2: Abboleth is a nifty name for your last god, Maybe. Nirolyth, Ottocon, Baelar, etc.

Edit 3: ... Kill me, I keep thinking of more and more to add to this.

See the Bold and Underlined above,

I for got to put it down since I was using copy paste near the bottom, but i wanted the tiefling like race to be made by raknaros. Also Zarkis is the paragon of the Ozadrin class. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536
Its that kind of corruption.

Edit: the treefolk are a race of living trees. they were the second race created. Virtol originally created the humans out of jealousy of what the other gods made. Atalay created the treefolk to kick the humans out of the forest. The creation of these two races is part of the reason the Pantheon Pact was made.

HC Rainbow
2014-01-09, 04:35 PM
The Kargon are a race of moutain dwellers with simaler build to goliaths, the gemstones eyes most likely giving darkvision. Although if you can make it LA 0, my original idea was a race of tall men made of stone. They all look the same except for the veins of ore running through there body. Upon death the ore in their body and their eyes are used to make some item that will be kept in a sacred tomb with others while the stone in the body would be given back to the mountain.

So just a general idea for stats,

I'm gonna try to stick around the Stone men idea, I like that idea, A lot really, Much more than Sableye versions of Goliaths.

So lets try to stick with that.

Which kind of ore would you prefer? A sort of Adamantine? Mithril? Varies? I'm assuming you meant by the design of their veins they look different, not by what ore is inside of them.

Creature Type: Construct (Thats pushing towards a LA, but Warforged got away with it I think?)

Ability Scores: -4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -2 Charisma.

Lets assume theyre completely Sentient, not running around with 1 in mental scores.

Low dexterity for them being made of stone, Probably isnt going to make them great ninjas. Constitution for just being stone, Wisdom because I'm assuming theyre going to live quite a long time, and be wise creatures, and charisma, anything that isnt a cutesy fairy boy or used in the female imagination usually has a penalty there.

Now, the real question. Can they wear armor? Or are they going to run around with no armor?

This could fluctuate a level adjustment, because if they cant wear armor, you might have to give them a natural armor bonus equal to 1/2 their total class levels.

That sounds pretty good actually.

Ill come up with more in a second. Work is pressing.

I for got to put it down since I was using copy paste near the bottom, but i wanted the tiefling like race to be made by raknaros. Also Zarkis is the paragon of the Ozadrin class. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536
Its that kind of corruption.

Edit: the treefolk are a race of living trees. they were the second race created. Virtol originally created the humans out of jealousy of what the other gods made. Atalay created the treefolk to kick the humans out of the forest. The creation of these two races is part of the reason the Pantheon Pact was made.

Tieflings are more corruption than war, but tyranny they'd fall under. I'll take note of that.

Also, Careful of double posting (Ie: Two posts in a row are from you), Mods like to peg you for those sorts of things, Use the edit button to make additions to your posts. Not a big deal, just future reference.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the warning, i'm new to using forums.

And for the ore, i was actually thinking that the design and the variety of ore would differ from one to another. It could be either cosmetic or level 1 feats like the warforged has. For everything else i'm loving it, i actually didn't think that about making them constructs. That would actually stop them from being raised as Awakened, which is a good thing.

Speaking of the Awakened, I want them to be a template race. Basically when you die you have a small chance to come back as one of the Awakened. Your personality would be the same, you would just be undead. Some call it a blessing , others call it a curse.

HC Rainbow
2014-01-09, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the warning, i'm new to using forums.

And for the ore, i was actually thinking that the design and the variety of ore would differ from one to another. It could be either cosmetic or level 1 feats like the warforged has. For everything else i'm loving it, i actually didn't think that about making them constructs. That would actually stop them from being raised as Awakened, which is a good thing.

Speaking of the Awakened, I want them to be a template race. Basically when you die you have a small chance to come back as one of the Awakened. Your personality would be the same, you would just be undead. Some call it a blessing , others call it a curse.

For the Awakened we could easily make them a template race. My question is whats different about the awakened other than the fact that they lose a constitution score, and become undead? Do they become smarter? Faster? Gain any special abilities you'd like?

Still punching some numbers on the Karrok whilest I work, Dang complicated office jobs. I'll get back to you as soon as I can on them, Keep me posted on your ideas for these races however and I'd be happy to assist. Again I need physical aspects of the ones you're creating in your mind, and differences to the classic races that are in your game. Aka Orcs in your game arent dumb, theyre just slow, or whatever it may be.

And You're welcome for the warning, I've been there, got pegged for a double post almost immediately. Lol.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 05:14 PM
I'm unsure what to do with the Awakened. I honestly added them because I wanted an undead race.

The Merfolk are like aquatic elves in apperence, except with more fins and more of a anime look to them. They are very playful and friendly, but are fierce combatants when need be. If it doesn't affect LA, then they can be out of water indefinitely, but require more water than most.

HC Rainbow
2014-01-09, 05:25 PM
I'm unsure what to do with the Awakened. I honestly added them because I wanted an undead race.

The Merfolk are like aquatic elves in apperence, except with more fins and more of a anime look to them. They are very playful and friendly, but are fierce combatants when need be. If it doesn't affect LA, then they can be out of water indefinitely, but require more water than most.

For the Merfolk we could give them the ability to remain out of water, make them hydrate 2-4x the normal amount, not a big deal, water becomes less of a concern than you'd think.

As a Penalty however, We could give them a flaw that any time they take any damage from fire they become Fatigued for 1 Minute or the rest of the encounter, Something like that.

For the Awakened, We could make them some sort of Feral Undead Race, Force their alignment to drop one peg on both aspects of the scale, give them a charisma hit, and a dex pump.

Aka...

Before: Lawful Good Paladin,
Str: 16
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 9
Wis: 15
Cha: 13

After: Awakened True Neutral (Fallen) Paladin
Str: 18 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+4)
Con: ---
Int: 9
Wis: 15
Cha: 9 (-4)

That normally could give someone a LA for just the transfer to Undead, seeing as you become immune to a LOT of things,

But...

The Charisma Penalty hurts BAD, It'll destroy Sorcerers, Bards, Paladins, etc, AND to top it off, if its a rare occurance, Noone is going to prep to become one of these, and undead's hitpoints are based on Charisma, Not Constitution.

We wouldnt make them bigger than their original forms, but becoming undead they'd lose their sense of pain, so they could use their muscles to full throttle without worry of fatigue, and their agility would come from pure feral insticts.

That, Or we could just make them become undead, but i'd highly urge that alignment hit pretty hard, its not every day, if ever, you see a lawful good zombie playing tag with children without consuming them.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 05:30 PM
I'm liking the penalty

HC Rainbow
2014-01-09, 05:36 PM
Just updated my last post with more on the awakened.

I'm a fan of penalties, a PC can have a fun time experimenting with his characters strengths, but its the weaknesses that are most memorable and stick in a characters personality. I always gave my characters some flaw, I had a barbarian who just couldnt swim. Made for some difficult river fights with a lot of stone throwing.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 05:54 PM
I'm liking the idea, but i'm thinking that the Awakened should have the ability to act normal, but need to feed every once in a while kinda like vampires.

For the Aven i'm thinking short winged humonoids. They were put in place by Nerrov to guard The Rift. The Rift is a deep pit that is a direct passage to the world soul. Many mortals believe that if they jump into The Rift, they will become gods. This is only partially true. Markazar is the only one to have done it succesfully, having discovered arcane magic, using it to call the attention of a divine spirit. When he jumped in, the spirit fused with his soul and they become one. But most who jump into the rift are drunk or a fool.

Crestfallen
2014-01-09, 05:57 PM
I'm liking the idea, but i'm thinking that the Awakened should have the ability to act normal, but need to feed every once in a while kinda like vampires.

For the Aven i'm thinking short winged humonoids. They were put in place by Nerrov to guard The Rift. The Rift is a deep pit that is a direct passage to the world soul. Many mortals believe that if they jump into The Rift, they will become gods. This is only partially true. Markazar is the only one to have done it succesfully, having discovered arcane magic, using it to call the attention of a divine spirit. When he jumped in, the spirit fused with his soul and they become one. But most who jump into the rift are drunk or a fool.

HC here, Made a new account for... more than personal reasons.

In regards to your Short Winged Humanoids, Do you mean that their wings are short? Or they are short themselves? Could honestly make a huge difference between being a vanguard of sorts, to small fairy-eque guardians.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 05:58 PM
They are Elf short, although maybe a little taller.

Crestfallen
2014-01-09, 06:04 PM
They are Elf short, although maybe a little taller.

Noted.

Would they be burly individuals? Archons of sorts? Winged Humans with a desire to protect? High constitution and what not? Strong? Dextrous? Wise? Intelligent? Charming?

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 06:10 PM
I'm liking the desire to protect idea, but i'm unsure of stats. Maybe strength because the have to catch people falling.

Crestfallen
2014-01-09, 06:20 PM
+2 Strength -2 Wisdom.

They require the upper body strength to carry others with flight, but lack the motivation to do anything themselves, just take orders.

Flight (Ex): Can fly up to a number of rounds equal to their class levels + CON modifier Once per day. This ability's number of uses increases at every 5th level to a maximum of four times per day at 15th level. This ability's uses can be combined into one continuous extended flight. If the user's flight ends whilst they are in mid-air, they act as if under the Feather Fall spell for up to 50 ft per 5 levels until level 20, which act under Feather Fall Indefinitely.

I use that formula for my flying races only because it stops level ones from having a HUGE advantage over everything else.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 06:29 PM
I love it, that is a great way to balance flight.

The Harrim are are the dark skinned people of the desert. They have incredible resistance to heat and are famous for there combat styles. From two weapon fighting to whirlwind, if it requires dex the Harrim came up with it.

Breitheamh
2014-01-09, 06:37 PM
A couple of ideas: I would suggest that the stone of a Kargon's body and the ore of their veins is dependent on their clan, which essentially means genetics. For the god of the broken/betrayed/orphans, I liked HC's idea of a silent race, which brings to mind Buommans. I also thought of Maenads, simply because the fluff of that race talks about them having a deep rage that they work to suppress because they were betrayed by some forgotten god many years ago.

Crestfallen
2014-01-09, 06:44 PM
Harrim: +4 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha

Agile and Hardy individuals, though unfamiliar with urban society and formalities, these individuals make excellent assassins.

Heat Resistance: In areas of High Heat Climate, These individuals treat the area as if it were a normal climate.

Cold Vulnerability: In areas of High Cold Climate, These individuals treat all numerical effects of being in a cold environment as doubled.

Fire Resistance: Used to extreme heat, these individuals are granted Fire Resistance equal to half their total class levels (Minimum of 1).

Sandwalk: These individuals take no penalty to speed when moving on soft or shifting sands and treat the ground as per normal.

Weapon Familiarity: Automatically gains proficiency with Scimitars and Falchions, and treats Scimitars as a Light Weapon (for off-hand purposes)

Cold Exhaustion: These Individuals, if hit with an attack with the Cold Descriptor, are treated as fatigued for 1 minute.

Double Eyelids: These individuals do not take any blindness penalties for sand during a sandstorm or other similar effect getting into their eyes.

+4 Survival in any High Climate Area
+4 Hide +4 Move Silently in any High Climate Area.

-2 on any saves with the Cold Descriptor.

-2 on Constitution checks made to fight off the cold.

...yes?

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 06:54 PM
The broken god was betrayed by Valara, Zarkis, Orgoll, and Raknaros. The others wanted to be gods and did not care about the laws set in place, so they tricked the broken god (who at the time was not broken) into leading the charge through The Rift towards the Worldsoul. Oberon saw what they were doing and attacked, almost destroying the broken god while the others ran past. Oberon turned to face them but it was to late, they had already tapped into the power of the Worldsoul. As he saw this, the broken gods tattered spirit began to fall towards the Worldsoul. Oberon would have stopped him, but Shaelin, goddess of second chances, begged for mercy. Oberon allowed it, but despises him along with the others. Now the broken god strives to be the merciful hand as Shaelin was for him.

Crestfallen
2014-01-09, 07:04 PM
The Silent: (For a total of) -4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 int, +2 Wis, -2 Cha

Small Size: +2 Dex -2 Str

Frail, Small, Undermined, and Overlooked, The Silent make the ultimate spies.
Never Noticed, They stand, Watch, Listen, and gather miscellaneous information as the days pass, (Hence the mental scores) but, are forever merciful, and wish not to open their mouths, for life is all the could have bargained for, and deserve.

+2 to Hide +6 to Move Silently, (Stacks with +4 hide for small size) Silent, Quiet, Overshadowed creatures, they are noticed not.

Bonus Feat: For the watchful eye of The Silent, They are granted a bonus feat for watching and learning from others.

Silent Spellcasting: All spells cast by these individuals are treated as if enhanced by the Silent Spell Feat, without an increase in level or casting time, However, all other metamagic must be applied at +1 Spell Level (stacks with the additional spell level required to apply a metamagic).

Silent: Forever Quiet, These individuals refuse to speak. They make take bonuses languages to understand languages, but will only communicate via writing, or sign languages.

Automatic Languages: Common Sign Language, Common.
Bonus Languages: Drow Sign Language, Any. (As Good Listeners, they pick up languages fast.

Free Bonus Language: Since they need not learn how to speak them, they get one free bonus language that they can comprehend (but not speak)

...ye? Nay?

Oh and make the broken god not have a name. Just call him the Forgotten one or something. Or the Broken one. Or many alias'.

Silent Spellcasting: All spells cast by these individuals are treated as if enhanced by the Silent Spell Feat, without an increase in level or casting time, However, all other metamagic must be applied at +1 Spell Level (stacks with the additional spell level required to apply a metamagic).

May be a little OP...

Perhaps...

Gestured Spell: The Silent can use his hands to create sounds whilst gesturing to act as a verbal requirement, However any spell cast by these individuals cannot be affected under the Still Spell Metamagic Feat without also having the Silent Spell metamagic applied as well.

Bonus Feat: The Silent get Silent Spell as a Bonus Feat.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 07:07 PM
Both the Harrim and the Silent look great

Breitheamh
2014-01-09, 07:12 PM
I'm a fan of that, although the description as spies I feel fits less with the theme. I kind of was picturing them as Batmannish. Kind of champion of the downtrodden, silent guardian. I'm not sure about the full -4 to strength, maybe just -2.

Edit: however this is my opinion, so disregard if you like

Crestfallen
2014-01-09, 07:12 PM
Both the Harrim and the Silent look great

Doin' the best I can. Keep the creative hands flowing with your descriptions and I'll give you what I can. To be honest I'm sorta just pulling most of this out of my "hat" For lack of an appropriate word.

I'll start working on the Karrok mentally only because I really like the idea of it, A lot.

I'm about to leave work here but I'll continue when I get home and keep working on your Races.

Just know you can change any of these however you'd like, and if you dont like something specifically you can tell me and I'll change it for you if you'd rather.

I like to think I'm a good advisor for homebrew, even though I make some ridiculous choices.

I'm a fan of that, although the description as spies I feel fits less with the theme. I kind of was picturing them as Batmannish. Kind of champion of the downtrodden, silent guardian. I'm not sure about the full -4 to strength, maybe just -2.

True. I wasnt happy about giving them -4 to strength either, but I also wasnt happy about giving them +2 in 3 ability scores. Actually.......

!!!!EDIT!!!!

The Silent: -2 Str +2 Dex +2 Int +2 Wis -4 Cha

Figured they should be more penalized on charisma than on strength, The ability to not talk sort of just... knocks charisma Hard...

But I do like the idea of them being Silent Vigilante's. The lawful ones will be warriors that uphold the law, but mercifully.
The chaotic ones will be more... Passive? Tricksters?

Dmaster4444
2014-01-09, 07:26 PM
I'm liking all these ideas, and that is one fine hat you have.

The Treefolk were created to protect the forest, and there is no one better. Often mistaken for normal trees, they attack without warning any who trespass in their lands. They are very mistrusting of all the other races, especially the Humans. This may be the only world were you can be attacked by racist trees.

Edit: sadly im using a library computer and i must depart for today.

Crestfallen
2014-01-10, 10:44 AM
I'm back, Gonna be working on what I can today, just gotta get my creative juices flowing...

Dmaster4444
2014-01-10, 03:06 PM
I'm wondering if 1/2 your level in nat armor for the Kargon could be two powerfull. The bonuses could stack up and really help a monk.

Also, unlike every other god of death, Naxtol isn't inherently evil. Originally he was a human, and the first one to die. With no idea of what to do with his soul, they fused it with a divine spirit, combining them into Naxtol god of death and made it his job to figure out what to do with the souls of dead mortals. He decided to create the moon to store the souls.

I'm unsure as to what the "afterlife" is like and i'm looking for ideas. I'm also wondering if I should have just one moon or a second moon for evil souls. I'm going to state right now that I will not have 9 moons for the different alignments.

Breitheamh
2014-01-10, 03:54 PM
I'm wondering if 1/2 your level in nat armor for the Kargon could be two powerfull. The bonuses could stack up and really help a monk.

Unless you're using a more powerful homebrew monk class, they need all the help they can get, so I don't think that's a problem.

As for the afterlife thing, what exactly is happening to a person's soul if they become an Awakened? Is that their soul missing the train to the moon, or escaping the afterlife, or do Awakened not have souls anymore? Is the moon the place where souls await judgment that will come at the end times? Or are there no end times?

Oooh, I just had an idea: what if the dark side of the moon is where evil souls go and the shining of the bright side is the light of goodness? Kind of cheesy, but it would make full moons auspicious times and new moons bad omens, which could have value for plot.

Crestfallen
2014-01-10, 03:58 PM

Also, unlike every other god of death, Naxtol isn't inherently evil. Originally he was a human, and the first one to die. With no idea of what to do with his soul, they fused it with a divine spirit, combining them into Naxtol god of death and made it his job to figure out what to do with the souls of dead mortals. He decided to create the moon to store the souls.

I'm unsure as to what the "afterlife" is like and i'm looking for ideas. I'm also wondering if I should have just one moon or a second moon for evil souls. I'm going to state right now that I will not have 9 moons for the different alignments.

Afterlife, Make it just the moon and the sun?

The moon is cold, dark, where all evil goes to spend the rest of their eternities, and the sun is warm, bright, comforting, where all the good in the world join together.

While yes it is possible for the karrok for the natural armor to pump up a monk to a high AC, High AC doesnt stop everything (Not to mention how terrible monks are as is and like Breithaemh said, could use the help) The fact that they wont be able to wear armor would only leave them with a +10 Natural Armor at ECL 20, along with maybe a +5 enhancement bonus on their body? If possible? Stone and Iron act differently when enchanted. Its hard to say. Though, come to think of it, wizards could benefit from being a Karrok, due to the constitution bonus and the natural armor. hmm

Dmaster4444
2014-01-10, 04:09 PM
I do know that the Warforged has feats that change the material they are made of, to help different classes, why not do that with the variety of ore or something else?

The sun is actually the god of fire, Harot. Versi worked with him so that life could exist on the world.

I'm loving the dark side of the moon idea, it would explain moon cycles and could lead to other ideas, such as what happens on a solar eclipse.

Crestfallen
2014-01-10, 04:38 PM
I do know that the Warforged has feats that change the material they are made of, to help different classes, why not do that with the variety of ore or something else?

The sun is actually the god of fire, Harot. Versi worked with him so that life could exist on the world.

I'm loving the dark side of the moon idea, it would explain moon cycles and could lead to other ideas, such as what happens on a solar eclipse.

Ore Variety Could work,

You could make each ore do something different for the karrok, if theyre made of adamantium give them Damage reduction. Possible? Maybe?

Dmaster4444
2014-01-10, 05:03 PM
Ore Variety Could work,

You could make each ore do something different for the karrok, if theyre made of adamantium give them Damage reduction. Possible? Maybe?

The race is called Kargon, Karrok is the god of earth.

Having things like Adamantium and Mithril is pretty cool, but we shouldn't forget other metals like gold, iron, and copper. As for the DR, as long as its balanced it sounds pretty cool.

Crestfallen
2014-01-10, 06:11 PM
The race is called Kargon, Karrok is the god of earth.

Having things like Adamantium and Mithril is pretty cool, but we shouldn't forget other metals like gold, iron, and copper. As for the DR, as long as its balanced it sounds pretty cool.

Agh My bad, Kargon*

Im all over the place today x_x.

Mithril and Adamantium are the only metals that have any super unique features... Cold iron does less damage but can hurt demons, Silver for lycanthropes,

You'd have to think of an ability for each of the ores if you wanted them all to do something different.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-10, 06:20 PM
The easiest way would probably be to base them somewhat on classes, like what they did with the warforged.

Edit: For now i'm thinking we should just leave the Kargon with the nat armor, and figure out racial feats later.

Scarf Dude
2014-01-19, 01:16 AM
DM, Crest, I'm loving both of your work.
This is a heck of an endeavor, I wanted to throw a few ideas out and see what you both made of them.

Sarref-Merfolk: When you specify merfolk were you imagining classical merfolk or an aquatic culture? The sea-kin from Races of Destiny come prominently to mind as a playable aquatic race.

Nerrov-Aven: Thieving from another good sourcebook, the raptoran from Races of the Wild could work well with some refluffing and re-skinning.

Harot-Harrim: With your description, I immediately thought of lithe beings garbed in loose fabrics, but it might be fun to change it up. Solidly built creatures, or well adapted (such as desert lizards or hares) could be a great inspiration. The fighting hares featured in Brian Jacques's Mossflower come to mind. Though I think an inventive and hospitality oriented group of stocky but nimble lizard-kin could be fascinating.

Atalay-Treefolk: The Briarborn (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/total-party-kill-games/briarborn) from TPK games are a nifty mix of concept and mechanics. Obviously being Pathfinder and ECL 1, they would take quite a bit of re-working to make 3.5 balanced, but still pretty cool.

Naxtol-Awakened: Naxtol's history is pretty neat, and I can't help but to picture him as a sort of a Psychopomp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopomp) version Moist Von Lipwig (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moist_von_Lipwig).

Markazar-Kobolds: Bear with me for this one. Kobolds, being tied in with dragons' blood and innate sorcerous talents, make for a passable aspect of magic. Add in various feats and PrCs regarding magical prowess and their really frail physical forms, they could make for a pretty interesting race. Especially if you trashed their original cultural flavorings and make them more ascetic, mystical or scientific. Wandering kobold monks, spiritual sorcerers and spirit shamons, or philosopher wizards and sage-like bards.

Orgoll-Blighters: Modifying goblins to be personifications of various plagues (literal, biblical and metaphorical) you could create a base creature to be a living model of a specific problem or pest (sort of like Terry Pratchet's "Oh Gods"). Each caste of blighter being tasked with inflicting a specific form of disease, discomfort or dispair.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

Dmaster4444
2014-01-20, 05:59 PM
I'm thinking there could be 2 subraces, one with the traditional fish tail, and one with finned legs. The ones with the tails could be a privleged ruleing class.

I'm trying not to use already established races (with some exceptions). I saw something talking about how simaler all the campaign settings are (greyhawk, forgotten realms, and ebberon all have the same 7 base races in 3.5), so i'm trying to make this a unique world to play in.

Making the Harrim into lizard people actually seems like a cool idea and many of the race abilities make more sence.

I don't have access to info on the briarborn, so i don't know.

I'm not seeing the connection between Moist Von Lipwig and Naxtol. Also he hates people that raise others from the dead because it rips their soul from the moon. He is fine with it if they have been dead for a short time, or their soul stays in their body, like the Awakened and vampires. He does not mind a soul staying in the mortal world, for all souls will be brought to him eventually, although he hates haveing souls cheated or stolen from him.

The Kobolds will need a bit of a rework, but will fit perfectlly. That reminds me, I want to put dragons in my world, but i don't know how. I want their to be a story for why everything exist in this world.

I was actually thinking of having Orgoll create the ogres. I actually got the idea from Pudge in DOTA.

Scarf Dude
2014-01-25, 01:45 PM
Regarding the Briarborn, there's actually a link in my last post to their entry on an open source SRD. Completely legal and free.

Regarding Moist, simply the idea of the gods being unprepared for the issue of death and souls, so making it this guy's problem. Also the fact he just piles the souls on the moon instead of doing anything with them. It really feels like there is a lot of opportunity for plot hooks and epic stories regarding the nature of death with your set-up.

I'm unfamiliar with the DoTA character, but I can't imagine it would turn out poorly. Think you could post a summary when you've got a rough draft?

Regarding dragons: I'm a fan of dragons as embodyments of the elements. Volcano? Sleeping fire dragon. Earthquake? Deep earth dragon is ticked off. Tsunami? Ocean dragon is ticked off. Hurricane? Air dragon is out hunting... etc, etc. As to their creation: what about the deific equivilant of fertilizer runoff? When they poured all of their effort into creating their ideal children, they put a literal part of themselves into their creations. The blood of the gods seeped into the ground, creating the earth dragons. The burning willpower of the gods heated the hearts of mountains, creating the fire dragons. The magic of the gods permiated the very air, creating the storm and wind dragons. The sweat from the gods' brows dripped down, creating the rivers, lakes and water dragons.

Dmaster4444
2014-01-26, 04:57 PM
There are restrictions on my computer so i can't see most links, it's simaler to the restrictions on school computers.

I see what you meant about Moist and it makes sence. I'm still working on ideas for the underworld in the moon, but i already have a good one. During a solar eclipse, their is a chance that souls could escape.

Basiclly this worlds Ogres are big, ugly, and filthy with a love for slaughter. They are second only to Naga in torture.

I'm loving the dragon creation idea, but i'm wondering how to make dragons based on concepts like law.

Scarf Dude
2014-01-27, 07:31 PM
Ah, I'll post the URL's seperately then.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/total-party-kill-games/briarborn

Hmm, well with chromatic, gem and metallic dragons you do have a cool range of dragon types.

Black: Chaotic - water
Blue: Lawful - earth
Green: Lawful - air
Red: Chaotic - fire
White: Chaotic - cold

Brass: Chaotic - fire
Bronze: Lawful - water
Copper: Chaotic - earth
Gold: Lawful - fire
Silver: Lawful - cold

Amethyst: Neutral - Earth
Crystal: Chaotic - Air
Emerald: Lawful - Air
Sapphire: Lawful - Earth
Topaz: Chaotic - Water

The other axis that comes to mind is Positive/Negative

Law: Blue, Green, Bronze, Gold, Silver, Emerald, Sapphire
Chaos: Black, Red, White, Brass, Copper, Crystal, Topaz
True Neutral: Amathyst
Good: Metallic
Evil: Chromatic

When the gods began forging their creations, they poured their will into the world. The sheer power of their intent tore into the earth, setting the very hearts of mountains afire. With a roar of unbridled power, the first volcano was born, and with it, the first dragons. Formed of will made manifest, the Red dragons were simply the spark of creation, the idea of imposing one's will upon a blank slate. They fought to free themselves from their mountain prisons, and for the power to control a chaotic and barren world. Seeing the makers of their prisons above them, they flew into a rage and set upon their creators.

The gods were surprised by their first, and unintentional children. Beset from all sides, they slew many of the powerful beasts, but no god emerged unscathed. Divine blood flowed, and the thirsty earth drank deeply.

The power of the gods thrummed beneath the earth, and soon it was overwhelmed. Great earthquakes moved the ground, tearing it apart with the terrible joy of life. Roiling earth formed into the first hills, deep fissues opened into the first valleys, In other places the earth shattered into the vast deserts. From the hills flew the first Copper Wyrms, gloriously free and untamed, they sought to experience the world and share its joys with others. From the blasted deserts stalked the first Blue Dragons, wounded deeply by life, they sought to control it, and inflict its suffering on others. Deep within the chasms soared the Amathyst and Sapphire Dragons, unaffected by the world around them, they sought to simply be.

The gods saw these new children and let them be. None possessed the power of the dreaded Red Wyrms, and so were no threat to their designs.

Returning to their labors, each god sought to create their own notion of perfection, their ideal follower. They labored endlessly on their children, weeping tears of sorrow over their failures and tears of joy over their successes. The tears of the gods fell upon the now sated earth, and became the first rivers, lakes and oceans. From the waters that ran free, the Topaz Dragons were born. These dragons cared naught for their creators, and sought merely to swoop along their rivers. Other rivers became mired in the ash and coal of the great volcanos. From these fetid swamps emerged the Black Wyrms. These unfortunate beasts envied the flowing rivers of their kin, and warred with the Topaz dragons, but as they spread, so did their choking swamps. The gods were too obsessed with their own projects to notice. But far along the rivers, in boring places the Topaz Dragons cared not to visit, among still ponds and calm lakes swam the Bronze Dragons. Overjoyed with the order and peace of their stilled waters, they were enraged to see their homes tainted. They flew forth and aided the Topaz Dragons in forcing back the Black Wyrms

As the gods prepared to awaken their children, they sought to better control their will. Another calamity would undo all of their work. Together and apart, the gods wove dweamors and spells into the air, and in doing so, awakened the winds and storms. From these first winds came the green, crystal and emerald dragons. Some were born out of greed and a desire for power, such is the nature of the Green Wyrms. Others brought to be by a desire to leave the world free from the control of the gods errant will, these were the Crystal Dragons. Last, there were those created through attempts to control magic by natural rules. Neither good nor evil, merely harbingers of order, these were the Emerald Dragons.

Over-confident in their magics, the gods poured their hearts and souls into their last and greatest creations, the mortals of the world. With their pride, joy, hope, and greatest efforts, they breathed life into mortalkind. Their spells however, were unable to focus all of this power, and some seeped out, back to the hearts of the mountains. This time, instead of an apocolypse, their will birthed a final brilliant pair of dragons. Born of a desire to protect the creations of the gods, the Brass and Golden Dragons soared from the awakened vocanos.

Essentially, elements shaped by the intent of the efforts that birthed them.
Sometimes chaotic and uncontrolled
Sometimes ordered and lawful
Sometimes selfish and cruel
Sometimes protective and kind

Thoughts?

Dmaster4444
2014-01-29, 11:07 AM
That seems really cool, but some of what you said conflicts with things i've already come up with, so prepare for lore.

1. The gods were not created at once, they formed over time, usually one at a time.

2. I don't want this to be just another dnd world so i'm putting in a lot of extra work. That's why I don't have all of the core races, so I don't want to use the basic dragons. I was thinking they could represent primal versions of the gods portfolios, like having the earth dragon made of stone or having the water dragon have sleek scales and horns for swimming. I also don't want sorcerer spellcasting to be for every dragon.

3.When Virtol (god of deception) formed, he saw the powers the other gods had and the world they had created and became jealous. So he told the other gods he wanted to create a race to live on the world they had created. When they accepted, he created the humans and dropped them in the middle of a great forest. The humans almost immediatly started taking down trees for their homes and tools. Atalay (goddess of nature) was very upset. She cried over the destruction of nature, causing rain to fall from the sky. She then created the Treefolk to kick the humans out of the forest. Without the fruit from the trees to feed them, Kargoth (god of beast) formed and created animals and beast, but made the dangerous or hard to kill so that the humans had to work to survive. When the first human died, their was no where for his soul to go, so Versi (goddess of life) took his soul and fused it with a divine spirit to create Naxtol (god of death).

4. After the creation of the humans and treefolk, many of the gods were upset over how Virtol had done. Without any order or law the gods soon turned to fighting each other in what would be known as (for lack of a better name) the Storm War. Their fighting soon had negative effects on the world. The land was blasted away creating tundras, deserts and swamps. Uncontrolable storms raged across the land, causing tornados and hurricanes. To put a stop to this Oberon (god of order) formed and demanded that all gods form a council. Their they created the Pantheon Pact to prevent more fighting

5.I'm thinking that the dragons were created during the storm war and it changed the world so that when a new god forms, a new type of dragon would appear.

Also the link is blocked on my computer.