PDA

View Full Version : Planescar - Favored Soul Redux

AcidOrb
2014-01-09, 04:18 PM
Favored Souls are chosen for their purity of spirit and sanctity of their word. They gain great divine power and are capable of amazing feats of healing and even capable of resurrecting the dead. They are saintly men and women and seem to glow with divine energy. Even their shadows seem to be a tad bit brighter.

Role: The Favored Soul can be a bruiser in melee or a savior to his allies, depending on their spell selection and equipment purchases.

Alignment: Any

Hit Die: d12

Starting Wealth: 4d6 x 10

Class Skills 2 + Int Bonus
Appraise, Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, K: History, K: Nobility, K: Planes, K: Religion, Lingusitics, Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft

{table]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
1st|+0|+2|+2|+2|Divine Bond, Divine Fury, Orisons, Aura
2nd|+1|+3|+3|+3|Channel Energy, Weapon Focus
3rd|+2|+3|+3|+3|Celestial Aspect I
4th|+3|+4|+4|+4|Divine Grace
5th|+3|+4|+4|+4|
6th|+4|+5|+5|+5|Celestial Aspect II
7th|+5|+5|+5|+5|
8th|+6/+1|+6|+6|+6|Weapon Specialization
9th|+6/+1|+6|+6|+6|Celestial Aspect II
10th|+7/+2|+7|+7|+7|Evasion
11th|+8/+3|+7|+7|+7|
12th|+9/+4|+8|+8|+8|Celestial Aspect III
13th|+9/+4|+8|+8|+8|Greater Divine Fury
14th|+10/+5|+9|+9|+9|Improved Critical
15th|+11/+6/+1|+9|+9|+9|Celestial Aspect IV
16th|+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+10|Thousand Faces
17th|+13/+8/+3|+10|+10|+10|
18th|+13/+8/+3|+11|+11|+11|Celestial Aspect V
19th|+14/+9/+4|+11|+11|+11|Tireless Divine Fury
20th|+15/+10+5|+12|+12|+12|Ascension[/table]

Divine Bond (Su)
At first level, the Favored Soul gains the use of a weapon created by the hosts of heaven itself. It is a radiant glowing weapon of light, usually just a simple hilt or a spear shaft, upon command the weapon comes alive and sheds light as the daylight spell. In the hilt or where the tip of the spear protrudes from, there is a small black diamond that glows a golden hue. At sixth level and every three levels thereafter, the divine weapon gains an enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +6 at level 19. The gem can be enchanted further, but the total enhancement bonus of the weapon is capped at twelve.

Divine Fury (Ex/Su)
As a swift action the Favored Soul can gain a +4 Strength, +4 Constitution and their Charisma modifier as a sacred bonus to AC. These bonuses last for a number of turns equal to your new Constitution modifier + two turns each level.

Orisons (Sp)
The Favored Soul selects a number of zero level spells per day based on their level and are able to cast them at will.

Aura (Su)
The Favored Soul has an aura that corresponds with their alignment. Any being with an alignment that matches along one axis feels at ease and trusts the Favored Soul. These beings gain +2 to their saves when within 30'. If they do not match at all or of a diametrically opposed alignment, they feel ill at ease and severally dislike the Favored Soul. These beings get extremely agitated and must make a Will save or suffer from rapidly shifting emotions.

Channel Energy (Su)
The Favored Soul can channel energy as a cleric of it's level. It starts off as 1d6, plus an additional d6 per two levels, to a total of 10d6 at 20th.

Weapon Focus
The Favored Soul gains the Weapon Focus feat as a bonus feat, with their Divine Bond weapon.

Celestial Aspect
At third level, Favored Souls take on an aspect of their divine bond. Gold hair, silver eyes and thicker skin. They gain Darkvision 60', natural armor bonus +1 and smite evil as a 1/day ability. They also gain +4 to one attribute and +2 to another of their choice. You also gain Immunity to disease and +4 vs poison.

At sixth level, Favored Souls gain DR 5/evil and a certain number of spell like abilities based upon their HD. Reference the half-celestial entry to see which ones.

At ninth level, they gain acid cold and electricity resistance 5.

At twelfth level they gain DR 10/evil.

At fifteenth level they gain +4 to one attribute and +2 to another attribute, different than the already selected attribute bonuses. They also gain the ability to fly at twice their base land speed, with good maneuverability.

At eighteenth level, the Favored Soul's resistances increase to 10.

Divine Grace (Su)
The Favored Soul gains a bonus to their saves equal to their Charisma modifier at fourth level.

Ascension
The Favored Soul is inducted fully into the hosts of heavens and made into an immortal being and given their true name. Only those who know their true name can truly kill them and their DR turns to DR 10/-, and they gain unlimited uses of the smite ability. Their healing spells are always maximized and channels are always empowered. They also gain their Charisma bonus as a deflection bonus to their AC.

Kazyan
2014-01-09, 04:34 PM
Granting untyped +X to an ability score several times seems like a bad idea, because of all the X stat to Y bonus things out there--X-to-Y is already optimal, even with ability score boosters already being hard to come by aside from the enhancement bonuses.

You mention that the Favored soul can raise the dead and do healing, but I see that nowhere in the text. Did you mean to include a spell progression?

AcidOrb
2014-01-09, 04:38 PM
Granting untyped +X to an ability score several times seems like a bad idea, because of all the X stat to Y bonus things out there--X-to-Y is already optimal, even with ability score boosters already being hard to come by aside from the enhancement bonuses.

You mention that the Favored soul can raise the dead and do healing, but I see that nowhere in the text. Did you mean to include a spell progression?

I just didn't because I am still working on it. It has spell progression as a sorcerer, both known and spell slots. Cleric spell list of course. And yeah I know what you mean about the stats, i think its obvious I mean to different stats, cuz its supposed to give the half- celestial template, but I didnt state that. I'll make that clear on my next edit.

AuraTwilight
2014-01-09, 05:41 PM
Why a PROFANE Charisma bonus to AC?

AcidOrb
2014-01-09, 06:01 PM
Why a PROFANE Charisma bonus to AC?

Misnomer. Meant divine or whatever... I forget the one bonus for good aligned bonuses.

AuraTwilight
2014-01-09, 06:27 PM
Sacred I think is what you want.

Lappy9001
2014-01-09, 11:24 PM
Just a tip, you may want to include that the class is still in progress near the top. Sometimes, it's hard to tell :smallsmile:

Wanted to pop in and say that I like it, although the planescar seems a tad dippable currently. You did follow up that you're still working it, so I'll save further critique until the class is in a more finished state.

AcidOrb
2014-01-10, 03:17 PM
Just a tip, you may want to include that the class is still in progress near the top. Sometimes, it's hard to tell :smallsmile:

Wanted to pop in and say that I like it, although the planescar seems a tad dippable currently. You did follow up that you're still working it, so I'll save further critique until the class is in a more finished state.

Thanks for the tip. Planescar s dippable because me and my friends don't think you start out as anything other than fodder. Devil Sight (From the Warlock) gives a smart player the power to do something against a much greater foe. Divine Fury allows the Favored soul to be a powerhouse early on then scale into more of a second rank fighter that is a tough nut to crack. I think we might change it to only have 3/4 BAB but that is just something we are toying with.