PDA

View Full Version : Player's Guide to Faerun

Dawgmoah
2014-01-09, 07:46 PM
Just getting around to slogging through the Player's Guide of Faerun and updating to the 3.5 versions of the items from the earlier 3.0 books (feats, prestige classes, etc) and was wondering: have you used this material in your game?

In the past couple of years I've had but one person pull something out of a Faerun book. (I do not use the Forgotten Realms for my campaign.)

Was wondering what others have done with this material other than maybe raid it for dips and feats.

Palanan
2014-01-09, 07:51 PM
As you note, this really depends on whether you do a lot of gaming in the Realms.

Almost every 3.5 campaign I've run or been in has been in the Realms, so I certainly get a fair amount of use from the book. I had it banned once because the DM was running in Greyhawk and wouldn't allow anything out of setting-specific sources, regardless if the feats, PrCs, etc. were themselves setting specific. So it goes.

Dawgmoah
2014-01-09, 07:56 PM
As you note, this really depends on whether you do a lot of gaming in the Realms.

Almost every 3.5 campaign I've run or been in has been in the Realms, so I certainly get a fair amount of use from the book. I had it banned once because the DM was running in Greyhawk and wouldn't allow anything out of setting-specific sources, regardless if the feats, PrCs, etc. were themselves setting specific. So it goes.

Yeah, it's a bit of work but I've worked on the descriptions to match my homebrew world. One of those projects vying for attention and time with so many other projects.

I try not to ban anything; so far so good after seven years.

The one thing I did edit out was the Weave and Shadoweave.

Eldaran
2014-01-09, 08:27 PM
Well, it has the Incantrix and Initiate of Mystra, both quite infamous. But otherwise it's a very good book if you're in Faerun.

Brookshw
2014-01-09, 08:57 PM
Me personally, no, though my players do. It's an okay book though I think next campaign I'll probably prohibit setting specific books with case by case exceptions. Definitely some good stuff though.