PDA

View Full Version : need help designing a "perfect" race (3.5, players stay out)

Somensjev
2014-01-10, 06:17 AM
ok, long story short sorcerer/cleric/psion/god creates a race of "perfect" beings

i want them to have as low a LA as possible, and no RHD
i also want them to have abilities that are given as they level up (gain HD) and some abilities that they only get after fulfilling certain requirements (such as str = 18 or higher)

i'm not really sure how to do this, or even if i could keep them at a low LA, but i figure that'd be the best way to do it

also, i was wondering if i could give them caster/manifester levels, so at certain levels they could cast/manifest as an nth level whatever class, and their caster manifester level equaled their bonus in the ability they need to do it (they only get to manifest/cast if they have a certain score in certain abilities, and only after a certain level)

does this make sense, or am i rambling? :smallconfused:

thank you for any and all contributions :smallbiggrin:

AuraTwilight
2014-01-10, 07:16 AM
You might as well make some sort of Monster Class, if they're going to be something that changes as they level.

Somensjev
2014-01-10, 07:23 AM
i considered that, but ultimately decided against it, probably coz my brain like making things dificult

Durazno
2014-01-10, 07:41 AM
Would a bloodline make sense?

Somensjev
2014-01-10, 08:09 AM
a blood line would probably work, but i'm set on making it a race :smallsigh:
stupid brain, choose something easier

Zale
2014-01-10, 08:37 AM
Well, if you make them substantially stronger than other races without adding an LA or racial hit dice, it will be unbalanced.

Even if you add drawbacks, there are only so many negatives you can add before it just becomes to split to be useful.

And drawbacks would be unfitting of a "Perfect" race.

D-naras
2014-01-10, 08:44 AM
How's this:

Uber

Size: Medium
Type: Humanoid?
Base Speed: 20 ft.
Languages: Common plus their super secret Uber language?

Members of the Uber Race gain one Bonus Feat for which they qualify at first level.

Ubers gain a number of Uberness points equal to 1 +1/4 HD each day. They may spend this points to enhance their natural abilities.

[ex] Uberness points can be spent at any point as a Free Action to grant one of the following bonuses until the Uber regains his Uberness points at the beginning of the next day. Uberness Points can give the following bonuses:

+2 to Strength, Dexterity or Constitution plus either +1 natural armor, +10 bonus to land speed, or the ability to move encumbered or wearing medium or heavy armor without losing speed. -2 to Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma. 1 point. You may chose this option more than once to pick different abilty scores and bonuses, but you can't choose a single option more than once. Alternatively, 2 points negate the penalty to an ability score.
+2 to Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma plus either the ability to use all untrained skills as if they were trained, +2 to caster level checks to beat spell resistance or +1 luck bonus to all saves. -2 to Strength, Dexterity or Constitution. 1 point. You may chose this option more than once to pick different abilty scores and bonuses, but you can't choose a single option more than once. Alternatively, 2 points negate the penalty to an ability score.
Gain a wingless flight speed equal to your land speed with average maneuverability. 2 points. If you spend a third point you gain perfect maneuverability and a +20 bonus to your flight speed.
You gain darkvision that works even in magical darkness at a range of 60 ft. 1 point.
You gain the scent ability with a range of 30ft. 1 point. A second point gives you blindense at 30ft. A third point gives you blindsight at 10ft.
You gain +5 racial bonus to a single skill of your choice.
You gain a swim speed equal to your land speed and can breathe underwater. 1 point.
Gain damage reduction 2/-. 1 point. You may choose this option many times, the effects stack.
As an immediate action you gain either the Powerful Build or the Diminutive Build ability. 2 points. With a third point you can instead increase or decrease your size and that of the gear you carry by one size category instead.

Somensjev
2014-01-10, 09:17 AM
-lots of useful things-

that's surprisingly good :smallbiggrin:
i think it's very befitting of a "perfect race"