PDA

View Full Version : Which one!?!?!?

Grizzled Gryphon
2014-01-10, 07:02 AM
I have the PF core rulebook. I am wondering which book should be my next acquisition? I also have the 3.5 Monster Manual, so should I worry about getting the Bestiary? Or maybe the advanced players guide? I think that might be the next one, as opposed to ultimate magic.

I just don't know! Make me some suggestions, oh great ones of the playground!!

Edit: I would just use the online resources, but I don't think I will have those handy when I start DMing the game. As of this moment, I know that one of the players (the guy supplying the location for the game, no less) has a mess o' books, but I don't know which ones. Will find that out tomorrow. But, I still want my own collection, again, only this time, I am going with PF instead of 3.5.

Invader
2014-01-10, 09:06 AM
My suggestion would have been to buy 3.5 books but I fear that wouldn't be
helpful :smalltongue:

Firest Kathon
2014-01-10, 09:10 AM
If you are going to DM and you think that you don't have access to internet resources, then I would suggest a Bestiary. I would find it very annoying if I had to convert monsters all the time.

Other than that, I would suggest the Advanced Players Guide.

some guy
2014-01-10, 01:07 PM
I would say the Bestiary 2 if you've already got the Monster Manual. Bestiary 2 has some monsters that were already featured in Monster Manual, but there's even more overlap in Bestiary 1.

Bigbeefie
2014-01-10, 01:24 PM
Depends you can find most stuff at: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

If you must have hard backs I recommend in this order:

Core rulebook>advanced players guide> DM guide> Bestiary 1-3 >Ultimate magic & combat.

If you use to d20pfsrd you can skip all of that stuff and save money and just buy the Rise of the runelords anniversary edition and play one of the greatest campaigns every made.