PDA

View Full Version : Archer Build

ken-do-nim
2007-01-21, 05:31 PM
I think this build is fantastic, provided it doesn't hit a wind wall. What do you think?

Human Fighter 12/Order of the Bow Initiate 8
Feats:
H-Point Blank Shot
1-Precise Shot
F1-Rapid Shot
F2-Weapon Focus Longbow
3-Quickdraw
F4-Weapon Specialization Longbow
6-Manyshot
F6-Greater Manyshot
F8-Ranged Weapon Mastery Piercing
9-Improved Critical Longbow
F10-Penetrating Shot
<now the character enters order of the bow initiate>
12-Ranged Pin
OBI2-Close Combat Shot
OBI4-Greater Weapon Focus Longbow
15-Ranged Disarm
OBI6-Sharp-Shooting
18-Far Shot
<now the character returns to fighter for levels 19 & 20>
F12-Greater Weapon Specialization Longbow

So what's really great here is the combination of greater manyshot and order of the bow initiate. You get the extra 4d8 precision damage on each opponent, and that's only a standard action. You could of course alter this build to go the full 10 in order of the bow initiate, but extended precision doesn't stack with greater manyshot. The other nice synergy is the fact that fighters have good fortitude saves, and order of the bow initiate has good will and reflex, so this guy ends up more well-rounded than fighters usually do.

Ramza00
2007-01-21, 05:37 PM
Ranged Precision doesn't work with Greater Manyshot unfortunately without a houserule. Ranged Precision is its own form of attacking and you only get to fire one arrow in a standard action.

Ikkitosen
2007-01-21, 05:39 PM
Yeah, they're both standard actions - that doesn't mean one standard action can do both.

Maclav
2007-01-21, 06:08 PM
Elf Cleric w/ Elf and War Domain; PrC to whatever floats your boat
Human Ftr1, then Cleric

Both of these guys kick ass with a bow and still have lots of stuff to do when the bow just isn't work'n.

ken-do-nim
2007-01-21, 06:26 PM
Ranged Precision doesn't work with Greater Manyshot unfortunately without a houserule. Ranged Precision is its own form of attacking and you only get to fire one arrow in a standard action.

Bum-mer! I figured ranged precision was like sneak attack, but I see your point. It would have been awesome. I was about to compute whether this character was better off doing a standard attack multishot with precision or a full attack, but I guess now I won't bother.

I suppose that means ranged precision doesn't stack with penetrating shot either? (Even given that the precision damage would only hurt the first foe in the line).

Alright, I'm come up with a new archery build.

Ramza00
2007-01-21, 06:47 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31958&highlight=archer+ranger