PDA

View Full Version : Is Tarquin's killing of Nale a "morally justified" argument?

CaDzilla
2014-01-10, 04:07 PM
When people talk about Tarquin giving Nale what he wanted, is it a "morally justified" argument?

Keltest
2014-01-10, 04:43 PM
No. spontaneous murder like that is never morally justified.

Rakoa
2014-01-10, 04:48 PM

:tarquin: I prefer to think of it as a "surprise execution".

Ridureyu
2014-01-10, 04:48 PM
Didn't we just see this thread, and I tried to toss in another non sequitur, only for it to be absorbed into the main comic thread?

CaDzilla
2014-01-10, 04:49 PM

I meant the types of arguments that say Tarquin gave Nale what he wanted, that he was protecting him from Laurin, it was Nale's fault, etc.

The Pilgrim
2014-01-10, 04:50 PM
Oddly enough, Tarquin killed the sole member of his family who actually managed to become the leader of his own team.

Keltest
2014-01-10, 04:53 PM
I meant the types of arguments that say Tarquin gave Nale what he wanted, that he was protecting him from Laurin, it was Nale's fault, etc.

Grasping at straws in an attempt to keep liking Tarquin. Nale asked for it, for sure, but that doesn't mean its morally justified.

CaDzilla
2014-01-10, 04:59 PM
Grasping at straws in an attempt to keep liking Tarquin. Nale asked for it, for sure, but that doesn't mean its morally justified.

I didn't mean that the action itself was still morally justified. I meant if the argument itself was one that should be considered a type of argument that should not be on this forum (i.e. familicide)

Keltest
2014-01-10, 05:01 PM
I didn't mean that the action itself was still morally justified. I meant if the argument itself was one that should be considered a type of argument that should not be on this forum (i.e. familicide)

Now youre just plain changing the question.

Any thread with the word "justified" in the title is practically guaranteed to be driven to the edge of what is and is not allowed.

Claiming that Nale asked for it would probably be fine, saying that Tarquin's actions were appropriate is not likely to end well.

BaronOfHell
2014-01-10, 05:08 PM
He's asking if a specific argument raised in other threads, I presume, falls under the category of "morally justified", if I understood correct.

I've no idea what "morally justified" means in the context of a villain, so I couldn't tell. In my opinion any evil act is never moral, so I don't see how an argument defending an evil act can fall under such a category.

Ridureyu
2014-01-10, 05:12 PM
The true question is:

Is "Is it a 'Morally Justified' argument to ask if the 'is Tarquin's Killing of Nail a 'Morally Justified Argument' discussions are a 'Morally Justified' thread?" a 'Morally Justified' argument?

And can you justify this?

Shale
2014-01-10, 05:14 PM
I'm just going to go watch an episode of Justified.

super dark33
2014-01-10, 05:18 PM
Is opening morally justified threads morally justified, justifying that justyfiyng morals isnt justified?

CaDzilla
2014-01-10, 05:21 PM
Now you're just plain changing the question.

Any thread with the word "justified" in the title is practically guaranteed to be driven to the edge of what is and is not allowed.

Claiming that Nale asked for it would probably be fine, saying that Tarquin's actions were appropriate is not likely to end well.

I mislabeled the thread title. I am not arguing that Tarquin was justified in killing Nale (he obviously wasn't), I am arguing about if all the arguments themselves go into "morally justified" territory.

Keltest
2014-01-10, 05:25 PM
I mislabeled the thread title. I am not arguing that Tarquin was justified in killing Nale (he obviously wasn't), I am arguing about if all the arguments themselves go into "morally justified" territory.

Not inherently, though they can.

Snails
2014-01-10, 05:36 PM
The true question is:

Is "Is it a 'Morally Justified' argument to ask if the 'is Tarquin's Killing of Nail a 'Morally Justified Argument' discussions are a 'Morally Justified' thread?" a 'Morally Justified' argument?

And can you justify this?

To state it in terms even a simple-minded barbarian can understand: Is it naughty to knot nailing Nale, not not Nale, to being not naughty?

Ridureyu
2014-01-10, 05:39 PM
Is it morally justified to ask if it's morally justified to ask whether morally justified threads are morally justified?

Math_Mage
2014-01-10, 05:46 PM
Discussing the narrative question of how much Nale contributed to his own demise, or what Tarquin was thinking when he killed Nale, is one thing. Reaching a conclusion from that about whether or not Tarquin was justified in killing Nale is quite another. If the former, no; if the latter, yes.

Now for the real question: if someone posts a thread asking about the forum rules, is it vigilante modding to answer them?

WindStruck
2014-01-10, 07:04 PM
Of course Tarquin was morally justified killing Nale. Nale was a best-friend-killing, story-wrecking, legitimate-government-toppling, ego-snubbing, independent grade B recurring villain!

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-01-10, 07:45 PM
That's not really that question that's being asked. It's "Do you think that when people talk about Nale being given what they wanted, they using a morally justified argument?". Your personal opinion on whether he was or not doesn't come into play.