PDA

View Full Version : Andriod Summoner [PF]

Anderlith
2014-01-10, 05:23 PM
I have a player that is very interested in playing an Android Summoner.

The only problem is that the Android race penalizes CHA. Is their an INT based variant? or any other workaround?

Ravens_cry
2014-01-10, 06:03 PM
I have a player that is very interested in playing an Android Summoner.

The only problem is that the Android race penalizes CHA. Is their an INT based variant? or any other workaround?
It's not as bad as it sounds. One, they only go up to 6 level spells, so you don't need that high to get the bare access to spells. Two, spells like buffs and summoning spells don't have saves, so you don't need all that high in the first place. Starting with an 18 and going down to 16 works fine if you focus on no save effects.

Erik Vale
2014-01-10, 06:03 PM
If your willing to import 3.5/3.0 selectively, there is a feat that does it from bastards and bloodlines.

As for PF only material, perhaps homebrew a 'binder' archtype, that acts more like a wizard in fluff but almost exclusively uses summoning spells, which would be in line with crunch.

marcielle
2014-01-10, 07:37 PM
On the pathfinder srd, there's a 3rd party variant that changes it to Wis. While not ideal, it's better than Int. It's also divine flavored, so strap on that heavy armor!

Frosty
2014-01-10, 07:46 PM
Are you planning on emulating Heimerdinger? :smallbiggrin:

Darksword
2014-01-10, 07:51 PM
Yeah its not a problem at all.The summoner (as in the class from the APG) is one of the few classes that is not overly stat dependent. They don't have many spells with saving throws and even if they did they would not use them a lot. All a higher score would do is give a few extra spells a level. Those would be nice but not needed. Most of what the summoner will do is give minor buffs to his summon while the eidolon does the heavy lifting.
As such the summoner=few classes that is not overly stat dependent and you can still be fairly optimized even when you select a race that has a penalty to a key ability.

Ravens_cry
2014-01-10, 08:11 PM
I can see wanting the flavour of an Intelligence based Summoner. I like the idea of the mad professor constantly refining and remaking their most impressive creation. Since all it changes is they get a few new skill ranks and bonuses to certain skills, I honestly don't see the problem. Now, if I was making a Summoner who focused more on summoning, then, yes, Charisma all the way, binding creatures from the planes to ones will and all that.

Spore
2014-01-10, 10:44 PM
But all intelligent scientists see the disposability of test specimen and won't bind themselves to the same entity and thus prefer summoned minions like Wizards or Preservationist Alchemists do!