PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Necromancy caster level.

Qc Storm
2014-01-10, 06:46 PM
I'm a dread necro with a +2 bonus to necromancy caster levels (Robe of Necromancy + Spellgifted). Since this caster level dictates the power of most of my spells, as well as my maximum HD of animated undead, I've been trying to increase it.

Of course, increases to general caster level are also welcome.

I am a necropolitan Dread Necro level 7 who will soon enter Pale Master, so most prestige classes will not help.

As soon as I purchase my Rod of Undead Mastery, I'll have some gold to spare.

OldTrees1
2014-01-10, 06:53 PM
It is a little late but the best caster level increase for a necromancer is via Circle Magic. Necromancer 1 / Dread Necromancer 6 / Red Wizard 5 / Dread Necromancer +2 ends up with 40cl very early on (something like 38cl at 12th level).

Qc Storm
2014-01-10, 11:27 PM
It is a little late but the best caster level increase for a necromancer is via Circle Magic. Necromancer 1 / Dread Necromancer 6 / Red Wizard 5 / Dread Necromancer +2 ends up with 40cl very early on (something like 38cl at 12th level).

This is, indeed, a substantial boost to CL. Unfortunately it probably won't pass in my group. Plus I'm already loaded, level-wise.

Mostly looking for items, or feats.

Rabble
2014-01-10, 11:32 PM
Orange Ion Stone and Prayer beads can get an additional +1 and +4 to caster level.

I think the Ion Stone is 30K and the bead you need from the prayer beads is 20K.

The Viscount
2014-01-11, 08:23 AM
Sickening Grasp increases your cl for necromancy by 1, and the sickening touch isn't bad.