PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feat suggestions.

MindSculptor
2014-01-10, 10:02 PM
Human Cleric, now 6th level.
6 feats: Extend Spell, Extra Turning, Knowledge Devotion, Persistent Spell, DMM(Persistent Spell), and Extra Turning.
ACF: Rebuke Dragons
Str: 16
Dex: 12
Con: 13
Int: 10
Wis: 18
Cha: 17
My leveling path will be Cloistered Cleric 7/ Sacred Exorcist 1/ Dread Necromancer 1/ Sacred Exorcist 1/ Contemplative 1
Right now I have 14 turn attempts.
I will be shooting for Divine Power, Righteous Might, and Freedom of Movement.
At level 9 I should be able to persist at least 6 spells daily.

At this point I am stumped on what feats to finish out with.
All suggestions are welcome.

MindSculptor
2014-01-11, 02:57 AM
Still looking for some suggestions on this.

Dugong
2014-01-11, 03:08 AM
Which domains are you taking? I'm guessing you're taking the planning domain and something to get extra turning (not sure which dietys provide them though), otherwise I don't know how you get 6 feats as a lvl 6 human cleric.

If in doubt the Cleric handbook can give you some ideas and feats like Improved inititiave are never a bad choice. Perhaps Zen archery if you want to use a bow after buffing rather than a mace. 2 Extra Turning's is probably enough but you can always take more if you want even more buffs to persist such as Righteous wrath of the faithful, Vigor and protection from energy.

Chester
2014-01-11, 07:59 AM
Will your DM allow Leadership?

Or, since you're looking to become a Dread Necromancer later, Undead Leadership?

Petrocorus
2014-01-11, 08:53 AM
Right now I have 14 turn attempts.
I will be shooting for Divine Power, Righteous Might, and Freedom of Movement.
At level 9 I should be able to persist at least 6 spells daily.

I don't get how you can persist 6 spell with 14 turn attemps?

Do you intent to do some melee? Because, then, i would suggest the Holy Warrior reserve feat, maybe with some feat that give domain spontaneous casting.

Setra
2014-01-11, 09:01 AM
I don't get how you can persist 6 spell with 14 turn attemps?

Do you intent to do some melee? Because, then, i would suggest the Holy Warrior reserve feat, maybe with some feat that give domain spontaneous casting.
Maybe he plans on buying nightsticks?

Osiris
2014-01-11, 01:31 PM
The Summon Elemental reserve feat from Complete Mage is the ultimate utility spell- just spam earth elementals to trigger traps!

You can't go wrong with Quicken Spell

MindSculptor
2014-01-11, 03:00 PM
For those who don't understand the spell persist number...

At this level I currently have the stats to REBUKE DRAGONS 6 times per day. Then on top of that, I have 2 extra turning feats which allots me 8 more turn attempts putting me a 14 for two spells persistable each day.

At 8th level I will take on a Sacred Exorcist level improving my caster level and adding a TURN UNDEAD pool to my abilities. This puts me at two separate pools of turning/rebuking attempts. So when considering the Extra Turning feats and my charisma modifier (3), I tack on another 11 attempts. Four attempts for each Extra Turning feat and three for my charisma mod. That puts me at 34 turn attempts(after adding the base 6 attempts from the pool itself making the total number actually 17).

At 9th level I will take on a Dread Necromancer level not improving my caster level and adding a REBUKE UNDEAD pool to my abilities. This puts me at three separate pools of turning/rebuking attempts. So by tacking on the attempts I receive from this I gain another 17 attempts putting me at a grand total of 51 attempts. Which means I can actually persist 7 spells per day.

Now if I wanted to add a nightstick and a reliquary holy symbol I would have 57 attempts and would be able to persist 8 spells per day.

I'm not going to stack night sticks. I'm looking to raise my defenses and cast my persisted spells at the highest levels possible so they won't be dispelled.

As for the feat number, three of my feats are granted to me by domains, Planning, Undeath, and Knowledge. I am a human, so at 6th level I will obtain one more feat that I have not decided yet. I'm not sure if I am going to get Power Attack and get something like Cleave after that or maybe I will try to obtain Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment to pick up some domain powers... I'm not sure, I guess that's why I asked. Archery... IDK... To be honest, I don't think it matters much what feats I pick beyond my current build because they probably will be more flavor than anything else in comparison of usefulness. Kind of like putting a few grains of salt on a pile of salt... If you get what I'm saying.

But that doesn't diminish the importance of ANYONES suggestions!!! I still want to hear some cool stuff! What makes a character fun is building every aspect of it!!!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-11, 03:15 PM
Sacred Exorcist requires a good alignment, and Dread Necromancer requires a nongood alignment. You can't have both on the same character.

MindSculptor
2014-01-11, 04:29 PM
You can if you make an adaptation to another church of neutral alignment.
Maybe not a church of Evil alignment... but a Neutral one for sure. :)

The Sacred Exorcist's alignment prerequisite that is.

Devronq
2014-01-11, 09:54 PM
For those who don't understand the spell persist number...

At this level I currently have the stats to REBUKE DRAGONS 6 times per day. Then on top of that, I have 2 extra turning feats which allots me 8 more turn attempts putting me a 14 for two spells persistable each day.

At 8th level I will take on a Sacred Exorcist level improving my caster level and adding a TURN UNDEAD pool to my abilities. This puts me at two separate pools of turning/rebuking attempts. So when considering the Extra Turning feats and my charisma modifier (3), I tack on another 11 attempts. Four attempts for each Extra Turning feat and three for my charisma mod. That puts me at 34 turn attempts(after adding the base 6 attempts from the pool itself making the total number actually 17).

At 9th level I will take on a Dread Necromancer level not improving my caster level and adding a REBUKE UNDEAD pool to my abilities. This puts me at three separate pools of turning/rebuking attempts. So by tacking on the attempts I receive from this I gain another 17 attempts putting me at a grand total of 51 attempts. Which means I can actually persist 7 spells per day.

Now if I wanted to add a nightstick and a reliquary holy symbol I would have 57 attempts and would be able to persist 8 spells per day.

I'm not going to stack night sticks. I'm looking to raise my defenses and cast my persisted spells at the highest levels possible so they won't be dispelled.

As for the feat number, three of my feats are granted to me by domains, Planning, Undeath, and Knowledge. I am a human, so at 6th level I will obtain one more feat that I have not decided yet. I'm not sure if I am going to get Power Attack and get something like Cleave after that or maybe I will try to obtain Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment to pick up some domain powers... I'm not sure, I guess that's why I asked. Archery... IDK... To be honest, I don't think it matters much what feats I pick beyond my current build because they probably will be more flavor than anything else in comparison of usefulness. Kind of like putting a few grains of salt on a pile of salt... If you get what I'm saying.

But that doesn't diminish the importance of ANYONES suggestions!!! I still want to hear some cool stuff! What makes a character fun is building every aspect of it!!!

So are you claiming that if you have multiple sources of turning and the extra turning feat that it will grant its bonus to each pool? Ive never heard of this and I don't think it works that way am I miss reading or is this what you are claiming?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-11, 09:56 PM
So are you claiming that if you have multiple sources of turning and the extra turning feat that it will grant its bonus to each pool? Ive never heard of this and I don't think it works that way am I miss reading or is this what you are claiming?

"If you have the ability to turn or rebuke more than one kind of creature each of your turning or rebuking abilities gains four additional uses per day. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#extraTurning)"

Devronq
2014-01-11, 09:59 PM
"If you have the ability to turn or rebuke more than one kind of creature each of your turning or rebuking abilities gains four additional uses per day. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#extraTurning)"

Il be damned I retract my statement I can't believe I never noticed that :p

Petrocorus
2014-01-12, 09:45 AM
Il be damned I retract my statement I can't believe I never noticed that :p

Never noticed that neither, i was up to make the same remarks.
This is broken. DMM is broken altogether.