PDA

View Full Version : Tastes Like Purple - My New Webcomic

The Extinguisher
2007-01-21, 07:28 PM
Feedback is welcome.

http://tasteslikepurple.smackjeeves.com/

MightyMuenster
2007-01-22, 12:36 AM
Not bad; pretty simple, but speaks in its simplicity, you know? Check out mine? The beginning is kind of haphazard, but my friend and I are working a plot into it now with the occasional filler post.

www.bandofgeeks.smackjeeves.com

Cayzle
2007-01-24, 12:54 PM
Nice start, and funny too. How often do you plan to update? As a fan of all purple hues, especially violet, I'm looking forward to seeing you add some color.

I have not yet put much effort into publicizing my own brand-new Web Comic, but with Band of Geeks and Tastes Like Purple posting here, seems to me that I should invite people to check out Cat's Grace (http://www.cayzle.com/grace).

Feedback most welcome!

Sneak
2007-01-24, 05:02 PM
I like it, it's a good start.

However, you should work on giving it proper grammar (i.e. punctuation). Plus, color would be nice.

zeratul
2007-01-24, 06:11 PM
Not bad; pretty simple, but speaks in its simplicity, you know? Check out mine? The beginning is kind of haphazard, but my friend and I are working a plot into it now with the occasional filler post.

www.bandofgeeks.smackjeeves.com

dude thats awsome lol. I added a quote from it into my sig.

sethdarkwater
2007-02-12, 08:06 PM
In all its simplicity... that was really cute.

sethdarkwater
2007-02-12, 10:13 PM
Funnily enough lemmings don't actually jump in the water but fall into it as they migrate in large numbers. A disney movie showed them jumping in but they issued a statement that it was staged. But as for the comic tis frikken hilarious. Just thought I would get me unwanted two cents in.

Zephra
2007-02-15, 02:04 PM
it's simple, so hard to give feedback. however, I have a weakness for stick figures and lemmings, so keep it up! how often does it update? I'm looking forward to more!

The Extinguisher
2007-02-15, 06:37 PM
Updating...yeah.

It updates when I'm not lazy. As I am very, very lazy, I wouldn't set your watch on it.

But I have to do a comic for a school paper, so expect more maybe.

JKR
2007-02-16, 01:30 PM
I think it's a hilarious joke, great idea! I'm not a huge fan of going THAT simple with the art style... I think it could use a little jazzing up. Stick figures are even fine, but you gotta go a little further at least. But yeah, awesome joke. Made me laugh.

Black Mage
2007-02-16, 09:31 PM
That was awesome, you should update it

Daedrous Avari
2007-02-17, 11:44 AM
Here's my rating.
Plot: 0
There's no plot, the comic at its fledgling state remains to be a "gag a day" style comic.
Graphics: 3
It's a stick figure comic, literally sticks, just looks like it's drawn with adobe illustrator using the line tool, and the comic is a bit messed up with layers as his feet are going into the ground. Color could add to the overall experience for the comic's reader.
Writing: 8
The joke made me chuckle a bit, but grammar needs work.
Updating: 2
One update a month ago, and nothing else but people advertising their own comics in your thread, making the thread get horribly off topic. Usually in the sprite community on smackjeeves we shun comics who advertise on other people's comics and purposely don't give them a chance.
Special Features: 0
There are special features?!?!?
Overall Rating: 4
This comic gets a four. It needs alot of work, and maybe I'm being a little hard on a comic recently started, but I don't enjoy many stick figure comics and mostly stick to sprite comics.

The Extinguisher
2007-02-17, 02:53 PM
Anyway, I've created some actual characters, and although it will still be a gag a day comic (in strip format, not full page) it will have a shred of continuity.

Perhaps.