PDA

View Full Version : So, who knows which thread Banjula apperad in?

Mr. Moon
2007-01-21, 07:57 PM
I need some info for something I have planned for the Town, and for that I'd like to see the comic that Banjula first apeared on but can't find it. Does anyone know which one?

mikeejimbo
2007-01-21, 08:01 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0085.html

Mr. Moon
2007-01-21, 08:06 PM
Many thanks.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-21, 08:10 PM
No problem.

Sadly, it's the only comic in which he has appeared. For now he lies in a death like sleep, until the time the stars are right and he breaks loose from his watery gravebed, and wreaks havoc upon all of mankind!

Banjo fhtagn.

Tmabbbb
2007-01-21, 09:13 PM
Banjulhu I think its name is. Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes.

Hephaestus
2007-01-21, 09:23 PM
How do you pronounce banjulhu anyway? How do you pronounce Chuthulhu or whatever it is, the octopus monster thing...

TinSoldier
2007-01-21, 10:49 PM
How do you pronounce banjulhu anyway? How do you pronounce Chuthulhu or whatever it is, the octopus monster thing...Cthulu is pronounced K' too-loo.

Banjulhu is pronounced Ban' joo loo.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-22, 12:02 AM
Cthulu is pronounced K' too-loo.

Banjulhu is pronounced Ban' joo loo.

It matters not how you attempt to pronounce the Old One's name, for you are a weak fleshy human who cannot hope to master such an alien tongue! He shall know you call him by the sheer force of his mental powers alone!

Also, I've heard it "K' thoo-loo"

Flabbicus
2007-01-22, 12:34 AM
I pronounce it K-thul-hoo. But I may be wrong. I've been meaning to get the books for a while as well.

Come my illithid brethren, worship the might of Banjulhu!

Attila_the_Bun
2007-01-23, 01:42 AM
Virtually all of Lovecraft's works can be found on the web, some of them which are definitely out of copyright and others which are not nailed down clearly as to status. (Question of whether August Derleth's acquisition of the estate and other articles included the books)
Then again, nothing beats having a dusty tome of Lovecraft in hardcover on your shelf to read eldritch horrors from.

:smallbiggrin:

I recommend "The Rats in the Walls" and "Shadow over Innsmouth", although "The Color out of Space" is considered to be his best work by many.
I'd also recommend any of Bram Stoker's short works and "The Jewel of the Seven Stars"

dragongirl13
2007-02-06, 11:27 PM
It's Banjulhu (ban-JOOL-hoo) and he appeared in comic #85. Ha ha! I know EVERYTHING!

Demented
2007-02-06, 11:57 PM
See 2nd post of this thread
*rains on your bubble*