PDA

View Full Version : Valenar Scimitar Warrior

j_spencer93
2014-01-11, 04:35 AM
My player's want a coliseum after the main campaign and i agreed to make one with about twenty combatants. Right now i am trying to create a warrior that utilizes the double scimitar (valenar scimitar or something like that), what would be a good way to build a mobile elven fighter wielding this scimitar?
PS: Champion of Corellon Larethian would you allow it to be chosen with a weapon focus scimitar?

Jon Everyman
2014-01-11, 05:17 AM
Warblade 5/Revenant Blade 5/Eternal Blade 10 is a solid 1-20 build, so you can build it up to whatever level the guy is.

Edit: I actually think I put 2 levels of ranger in last time I did it, for those skill ranks.

Bickerstaff
2014-01-11, 05:37 AM
I am not great at optimising, but I feel that Exotic Weapon Master could find it's way into the build, and possibly a couple levels of Barbarian (Spirit Lion Totem).

And you could always give him that Lightning Mace feat, and give his Valenar scimitar the Aptitude ability. And then throw Keen on, or if your combatant is a high enough level, give him Improved Critical.

The Pounce from Barbarian should make him fairly mobile, and the Exotic Weapon Master is neat with the pseudo-flurry. Then the Lightning Mace/Aptitude/Keen or Improved Crit gives him a 25% chance on every attack to get another attack.

Andezzar
2014-01-11, 06:39 AM
The Pounce from Barbarian should make him fairly mobile, and the Exotic Weapon Master is neat with the pseudo-flurry.If you combine Pouncebarian with Warblade, be sure to pick up the Bounding Assault maneuver (not the feat of the same name). Now you can charge (and use Pounce and Leap Attack and Shock Trooper) without having to move in a straight line. The Leading the Charge stance would also help. Adding your IL to the damage of each attack as long as you can hear yourself is quite a nice buff.

Eternal Blade however requires you to have pointy ears.

Setra
2014-01-11, 08:48 AM
So does Revenant Blade

Big Fau
2014-01-11, 10:10 AM

The Valenar are elves...

Jon Everyman stole my suggestion, but you can do it without multiclassing and losing another IL. The variant Elf in Dragon Magic gets Move Silently as a class skill, and you can take Martial Study to get Hide as one.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-11, 01:48 PM
That is actually a pretty nead idea, take Martial study (cloak of deception) at 3 and go to town with Greater Invisibility every other round.

Still it is somewhat feat intensive, specially if you want to add some uber-charging potential so the two ranger levels aren't a bad idea.

Darrin
2014-01-11, 05:05 PM
Jon Everyman stole my suggestion, but you can do it without multiclassing and losing another IL. The variant Elf in Dragon Magic gets Move Silently as a class skill, and you can take Martial Study to get Hide as one.

Forestlord Elves get Hide as a class skill, not Move Silently. Viletooth Lizardfolk (also in Dragon Magic) get Move silently as a class skill, but they have 2 racial HD and LA +1.

Move Silently is extremely difficult to add as a class skill via feats. I think Draconic Heritage: Green Dragon is the only way to do that.

I think Ranger 2/Warblade 3/Revenant Blade 5 is the only build stub that can qualify without resorting to Flaws or variant rules. But this also prevents you from getting Time Stands Still pre-epic, as your IL is only 16.5 when you reach ECL 20. I think the only way to get Bladebearer 5/Eternal Blade 10 + Time Stands Still into the same build would be to use the Class Level Rebuilding and Feat Retraining rules from PHBII. (You don't actually get to learn Time Stands Still, since you don't learn a new maneuver at Eternal Blade 10, but you can use Eternal Training to add it to your maneuvers for an encounter.)

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-11, 05:50 PM
You can get in with only 1 Ranger level and while it solves the IL issue, you still lack "normal" access to Time Stands Still.

Darrin
2014-01-11, 05:58 PM
You can get in with only 1 Ranger level and while it solves the IL issue, you still lack "normal" access to Time Stands Still.

Revenant Blade needs TWF, Weapon Focus, and Bladebearer of the Valenar as prereqs. Ranger 1/Warblade 4 is short a feat, unless you use flaws or Dark Chaos Shuffle.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-01-11, 06:28 PM
I forgot abot the pre-requisites.

animewatcha
2014-01-11, 06:37 PM
Let's try this another way. What sources are open?

Grayson01
2014-01-11, 07:18 PM
I think the Eberron Campaign Setting book has a PRC just for the V elves might be worth checking out.