PDA

View Full Version : [RIVALRY] Withdrawn

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-21, 08:33 PM
Once, in a world far, far away, on another level of existence, there lived beings of unimaginable power, beings capable of toying not only with mortals, but with gods as well. In fact, so the stories say, they were so powerful that they could create, with mere thought, new mortals, gods, and worlds to amuse themselves with.

But there was a divide between these beings, these "Players"; a most bitter and contentious divide. For eons, they argued with each other about which kinds of mortals were the best and most powerful. Finally, they could stand debate no longer, and each faction created a champion.

The faction of Players that favored two-handed weapons, priests, and mages, the Xaminimists, named their champion Optimo. Optimo was a mighty warrior-priest-mage, capable of using magic to render his enemies helpless and impotent before closing in to dispatch them with his great two-handed blade.

The opposing faction of Players, the Anti-Xaminimists, created their champion in five parts, granting each part power over an elemental force: Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart. Though individually no match for Optimo, when the five parts combined their powers, they could summon forth a greater champion to do battle with their sworn enemy.

((yes, I have been inspired by everyone's favorite lame eco-friendly cartoon show))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-21, 08:34 PM
Captain Planet! He's a hero! Gonna take pollution down to zero! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LET3nCX8x0)

Mike_Lemmer
2007-01-22, 01:27 AM
Permission to begin screaming onto madness, Sir?

Malachite
2007-01-22, 05:49 AM
:D I like it, though perhaps the Captain Planet bit not so much ;)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-22, 09:40 AM
Permission to begin screaming onto madness, Sir?

Carry on.:smalltongue:

Mike_Lemmer
2007-01-23, 01:21 AM
"Captain plaaaaaaaanet!" *stabs executive in eye, tosses him out window*

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2007-01-27, 10:38 AM
So, is anything actually gonna be in this thread, other than the discussion of lame 90's cartoons?

Lord Sidereal
2007-01-27, 10:47 AM
I think you'll find it was the 90s, actually

Dareon
2007-02-01, 01:22 PM
Heart has got to be a Bard. Or a social Warlock/Mindbender.

Hmm. Now I'm getting ideas for how I'd incorporate this into crunch myself. The, er, World Scouts' rings are psionic items capable of manifesting a special stackable version of fusion, with all five rings in concert having a sort of hivemind-like intelligence...

...Actually, something like that would make the Xaminimists say "I thought WE had the monopoly on that kind of cheese!"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-01, 01:24 PM
Heart has got to be a Bard. Or a social Warlock/Mindbender.

Hmm. Now I'm getting ideas for how I'd incorporate this into crunch myself. The, er, World Scouts' rings are psionic items capable of manifesting a special stackable version of fusion, with all five rings in concert having a sort of hivemind-like intelligence...

...Actually, something like that would make the Xaminimists say "I thought WE had the monopoly on that kind of cheese!"

Interesting idea... I may have to steal it. Unless that's against the contest rules.
<.<
>.>
Anyone know about that?

Anyway, I'm in the process of building Optimo.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-12, 04:07 PM
Well, I have only 2 days until the end, and I am utterly uninspired as to how to render this into crunch. *sigh*

WITHDRAWN