PDA

View Full Version : Nagi [Race] Pathfinder P.E.A.C.H

Lord Vukodlak
2014-01-11, 01:41 PM
The essential idea behind the Nagi race are a people possessing the upper body of a human but the lower body of a snake. And for them to be normally playable.

Appearance and Physiology.
From the waist up Nagi are almost indistinguishable from a human though lacking a bellybutton. Below the waist Nagi are serpentine possessing the lower body of a snake usually shaded green but brown is not uncommon. Their eyes come in shades of amber, blue, green and on rare occasion violet. Nagi hair comes in the same colors as humans with the exclusion of black hair and the addition of violet and blue shades. While Nagi share many characteristics with reptilian creatures such as scales and being ovoviviparous they are warm-blooded and nurse their young. Nagi are pregnant for just over ten months and almost always give birth to fraternal twins.

Society
The Nagi are a rather reclusive preferring limited contact with outsiders choosing only a few representatives to trade with other races and very rarely so they allow non-Nagi into there hidden villages. Elves are the most common exception due to the belief they would respect there privacy more then other races, Halflings are the second most common exception because no one ever gives a damn about Halflings. They prefer to establish communities in warm forests or deep underground near thermic vents due to the difficulties in sheathing their lower bodies in warm clothing. Some believe their communities can be found underneath a few major human cities but the Nagi refute this assertion claiming the smell of wererats would be to unbearable. The Nagi highly value magic and most Nagi communities are ruled by a Magocracy. They also have a love of fine foods and drink and are prone to overindulging which is perhaps the only reason their hidden enclaves trade with outsiders.

Standard Racial Traits
• Ability Score Racial Traits: Nagi are physically strong and manipulative but tend be rash and easily swayed by their passions and vices. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, and –2 Wisdom
• Size: Nagi are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Type: Nagi are monstrous humanoids.
• Base Speed: Nagi have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance, they also possess a swim speed of 20ft giving them a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform a special action or avoid a hazard. Nagi can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered when swimming. They can also use the run action while swimming, provided that it swims in a straight line.
• Hold Breath: Nagi can hold their breath for a number of rounds equal to four times their Constitution score before risking drowning or suffocating.
• Languages: Nagi begin play speaking Common and Nagi. Nagi with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following, Akio, Draconic, Dwarven, Eleven, Giant, Sylvan and Undercommon. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.

Defense Racial Traits
• Armored Scales: The Nagi's scaly lower body provides +1 natural armor bonus, this stacks with the natural armor bonus provided by a sorcerer's bloodline.
• Legless: Nagi's have the upper body of a human and the lower body of a snake and are thus immune to trip however they can not wear any item occupying the foot slot and armor costs twice as much as it must be adapted to their body structure.

Magical Traits
• Enclave Protector: The Nagi have a +1 to the caster level of any abjuration spells they cast. Nagi also gain the following spell-like abilities: constant—nondetection; 1/day—faerie fire, obscure object, sanctuary. The caster level for these effects is equal to the Nagi's character level.

Senses Racial Traits
• Darkvision: Nagi have darkvision out to 60ft

Nagi, male
7ft.1in. 230lbs. 1d10 ×5lbs.
Nagi, female
6ft.10in. 195lbs. 1d10 ×5lbs.
A Nagi typical "stand" no taller then your average human but their body length is significantly longer which is whats representing in the table.

bookguy
2014-01-12, 02:13 AM
It looks like you used the race builder from the Advanced Race Guide to build this, so you probably know that this race comes out to 10 RP, which puts them on level with elves, half-elves, and gnomes. The flavor looks good and I could definitely see myself putting them in a campaign world or playing as one myself. It would be good if you put the singular form of Nagi somewhere in the description because it's not obvious.

Lord Vukodlak
2014-01-12, 02:47 AM
It looks like you used the race builder from the Advanced Race Guide to build this, so you probably know that this race comes out to 10 RP, which puts them on level with elves, half-elves, and gnomes. The flavor looks good and I could definitely see myself putting them in a campaign world or playing as one myself. It would be good if you put the singular form of Nagi somewhere in the description because it's not obvious.
Well presuming that the immunity to trip(from legless) is balanced out by the extra armor cost and lack of a foot item slot then yeah it should be 10 RP.

As to your second point, Nagi is both singular and plural.

Kasbark
2014-01-12, 04:50 AM
A good idea and well made. Balanced yet unique - this would get my 'seal of approval' at my table.