PDA

View Full Version : Races with a + to Charisma

ReD_Exorcist
2014-01-11, 03:01 PM
Hey there I am going to be playing a Bard/Master of Mask on a new campaign with a friend, and I was looking for a race with a + on Charisma, but with a LA 0. I would appreciate it if you could point towards some races like this.

Afgncaap5
2014-01-11, 03:03 PM
I wanna say that Spellscales from Races of the Dragon fit the bill for that, but I don't have the book in front of me to check.

Snowbluff
2014-01-11, 03:08 PM
Lesser Aasimar. Lose the Outsider type and the LA.

sideswipe
2014-01-11, 03:09 PM
I wanna say that Spellscales from Races of the Dragon fit the bill for that, but I don't have the book in front of me to check.

spellscales gain +2 cha -2 con and the dragon blood subtype along with other things

GameSpawn
2014-01-11, 03:19 PM
Star Elves have +2 Cha, -2 con as well. And the Hellbred (Spirit) from Fiendish Codex II has +2 Cha, -2 Con. I'm not sure where Star Elves are from.

Sian
2014-01-11, 03:31 PM
Star Elves is from the Forgotten Realms splatbook, Unapprochable East

Osiris
2014-01-11, 03:43 PM
Lesser Aasimar. Lose the Outsider type and the LA.

So by losing the outsider template, it becomes LA +0? Don't standard Aasimars have +2 cha, +2 wis? That's great for a paladin, cleric, even a sorc.

Aolbain
2014-01-11, 03:47 PM
So by losing the outsider template, it becomes LA +0? Don't standard Aasimars have +2 cha, +2 wis? That's great for a paladin, cleric, even a sorc.

They get Outsider (native). But yeah, they're pretty great.

RPGaddict28
2014-01-11, 03:49 PM
Magic-Blooded template for +2 CHA -2 WIS, 60ft low-light, and some SLAs.

Snowbluff
2014-01-11, 03:51 PM
Meant to say benefits/type. :smalltongue:

Kennisiou
2014-01-11, 03:51 PM

Actually, they're type: Humanoid (planetouched). Native outsider is what regular Aasimar are.

Ruethgar
2014-01-11, 04:10 PM
Magic-Blooded template for +2 CHA -2 WIS, 60ft low-light, and some SLAs.

This plus lesser aassimar. Mmm +4 Cha. Then make it Unselee or whatever that template was for another +2.

Zombulian
2014-01-11, 04:15 PM
All lesser planetouched get the Humanoid type instead of Outsider, but can be affected by both spells that target humanoids, and spells that target outsiders.

I would recommend Lesser Cansin myself. +2 int +2 cha and they're touched by the plane of chaos.

RedMage125
2014-01-11, 04:30 PM
Lesser Aasimar are indeed an attractive option, they can be found in the Forgotten Realms book "Player's Guide to Faerun" in the back of the book. If your DM is not allowing FR material, however, this may be a problem.

Spellscales are the only +Charisma races without a level adjustment that exists in a non-setting-specific book.

Star Elves are from Forgotten Realms, but I believe they have a level adjustment.

I'm not familiar with any of the other races presented.

GameSpawn
2014-01-11, 05:04 PM
Lesser Aasimar are indeed an attractive option, they can be found in the Forgotten Realms book "Player's Guide to Faerun" in the back of the book. If your DM is not allowing FR material, however, this may be a problem.

Spellscales are the only +Charisma races without a level adjustment that exists in a non-setting-specific book.

Star Elves are from Forgotten Realms, but I believe they have a level adjustment.

Hellbred (Spirit) has no level adjustment, and is from Fiendish Codex II, which I'm pretty sure is not setting specific.

Star Elves do not have a level adjustment.

Jeff the Green
2014-01-11, 05:12 PM

Hellbred isn't from a setting-specific book.

Hangwind
2014-01-11, 07:24 PM
Unseelie Fey -2 STR -2 CON +2 DEX +2 CHA

Also http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1281.0 is an excellent source for this sort of stuff.