PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CXXXVIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:26 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavern100.gif
Come and enjoy our unique beverages! Enjoy the casual atmosphere in our Casablanca-meets-rustic-Asian facilities. Chat with friends out on the bamboo patio or stroll inside and grab a private, fern-surrounded booth.

Trog's Tavern has been enchanted to be indestructible. Please refrain from attempting to damage it, as it will not work.

Theme Song (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/televisioncity/cheerssong.html)

NOW HIRING: Bartenders, Cooks, Talented bards, Burly bouncers, etc.
(Hey bards: just take spotlight in the tavern's center and start singing!)

STAFF:
Manager: El Jaspero
Bouncers: Hoseki, Tempest Stormwing, Valthreborn Valthera
Bartender: Trog, El J, Nina, Paige, Cosmo, Alex Shipmaster, Erdan
Cook: Kobold Who
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/npc_servers.gif

Trog would like to introduce:

Nina - a feisty and vivacious 18 year old (she's legal). Mean and completely unavailable.

Paige - a sweet and wholesome elf working her way through college at SIU here in town.

Cosmo - a quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel.

All will be happy to serve you. ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

GET A FREE DRINK ON YOUR FIRST BARBARIAN POST HERE!

THE CURRENT DRINK MENU
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Kobold Chianti - Tart and tangy! Try it with fava beans!
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Purple Worm Pinot - Earthy aroma.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.

Bar Drinks:
Pina CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Swampwater - A Phosphorescent lemon-lime delight
Jasphattan - Sweet vermouth with bitters and more.
White Russian Wukei - Vodka, Kahlua, and Milk.
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice.
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps.
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie.
Coffee Martini - buzzzzz.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down.
Dwarf Spirits Available
Aboleth Absinthe
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you...
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Rum Llamonade Daquiri
Mudslide Daquiri
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures.
Black Market Wallbanger
Hydrogelic's 110 proof Firewater
Guild Vodka No. 3
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon.

Beers Ales & Such
Grim Brewery brand Ginger - Death-o-licious!
Archon Ale
Guilders Ale
Balthor's Best
Mind Flayer Mead - Uhh... I wouldn't order this if you are not into brains and such.

Other Fine Beverages
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
SLURPEES!
Root
Red Minotaur Energy Drink
Llamonade - that cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation.
Hot Chocolate - with little marshmallows and stuff.

To Munch
Hot Spicy Peanuts
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips with hot cheese and meat dip - soooo good.
Fortune Cookies - I got this deal with a local factory see...
Bamhacon!!!
Gyros
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)
Who's Surprise

Desserts
Muffins
Brownies

Also: Fine Cigars Available from our humidor. Coffin Nail cigarettes.
Be sure to check out the excellent banjowood carving above the fireplace!

Rebonack
2007-01-21, 10:28 PM
"Oh, sure," Regiji responds with a grin. He stands and, as he does the chair lifts off the floor and follows him to miss E's table. Regiji once again takes a seat. "I suppose I'll take a mug of hot chocolate. I can't really get drunk so I figure I may as well get something I can savor the taste of."

The NPC continues being inconspicuous.

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 10:29 PM
It's always fun to play bluegrass.

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:30 PM
Yeah it is always fun to see how fast you can move your fingers. How long have you been playing?

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 10:31 PM
"Please do." Phoenixineohp smiles at him and turns to watch Alena.
"She seems pretty nice."

darnin
2007-01-21, 10:31 PM
((Quote from previous thread))

Darnin, figuring no one else will, goes over to try to keep Ark from exploding.

NuclearKnight
2007-01-21, 10:32 PM
(w00t, threadshift)

"All this talk about music reminds me of the old days."

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 10:32 PM
I've been singing since I could talk and playing since I could hold an instrument. All angels at home start music lessons at an early age.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-21, 10:33 PM
Fydan watches Darnin with some amusment.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 10:33 PM
Alex smiles "She is..." he sits down near Phoenixineohp "I want to apologize for the glare I gave the last time we met...it was uncalled for."

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:34 PM
Angle huh, that explains the wings I guess. So how'd you end up in the Town.

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 10:36 PM
Alena sighs, I walked into an Oracle's cave and ended up here. I'm not exactly sure where here is compared to home.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 10:36 PM
"Thats okay. I can understand why you would have been upset." She smiles pleasantly.
"But I am wondering, how did she summon the mist? Did she intend to?"

NuclearKnight
2007-01-21, 10:37 PM
"Ay, I think angels are among the best singers. I've worked for contingents of them before, and before a battle we'd ready ourselves with good old war hymns. Succubi are rather good as well, but I suspect it more as some dark effect rather than actual talent."

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-21, 10:37 PM
Fydan starts visibly. Angel? Haven't seen one of your kind for a while.

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:38 PM
Huh. That isn't the weirdest thing I have heard since I got here. So have you enjoyed your time in the Town?

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-01-21, 10:39 PM
MY HEAD! THE VOICES INSIDE MY HEAD! GET THEM OUT!
Shut up, you fool! You're ruining everything!
GET OUT!! GET OUT!!!!

Lightning zaps across the ground, and Ark quickly jumps up, and runs towards the Crystal Palace.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 10:39 PM
Alex shrugs "I think it is partly because of one song she plays...however she's done it before a few times and there's been no ill effects in those."

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 10:40 PM
Well, some yes, some no. There are some strange people around here. Alex is the sweetest though.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-21, 10:40 PM
Caleb enters the tavern and takes a seat at the bar.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-21, 10:41 PM
Fydan shakes her head after watching Ark race off.
Truly, there's some weird things around here.

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:41 PM
McBish smiles and looks over at Natalie who has started to doze off. I know how you feel. I was once hit from the here to the docks by a guy with a baseball bat.

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 10:43 PM
Oh, that doesn't sound very pleasant. I hope you weren't hurt to badly.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-21, 10:44 PM
Why? No, wait, I probably don't want to know.

Alex Shipmaster
Alex hears Alena's comment about him and blushes ever so slightly.

darnin
Darnin shrugs and sits back down.

AmberVael
Aesa appears in the tavern and gets a glass of wine from Paige. She looks over at Alex, Phoenixineohp, and Alena with a mixed expression on her face.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-21, 10:45 PM
Ms E is a little shocked at Ark's sudden fleeing. "I do hope he's ok. Well, I mean, when people start screaming about the voices in their head it is never a goodt thing..." Evander makes a mental note of that.

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:45 PM
No, not really. The preists at Inari's healed me up. They're very nice.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-21, 10:46 PM
Caleb sees Aesa and isn't sure what to do.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 10:47 PM
"May I still suggest that she refrains from playing that here? If there is mist, then things can travel here that we want to keep out. And Phoenix was upset but saw it as she summoned the mist and the attackers." Phoenixineohp takes a drink and sighs.
"But with this being the Town, I know that the odds of her understanding what she was doing and the danger in her actions is much lower than these things occurring by pure chance. And I really doubt that she has anything to do with the war." She trails off watching Alena. She smiles and nods to Aesa when she appears.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-21, 10:47 PM
Fydan turns to McBish. You seems to know alot about this place. How long have you been around? She looks at him keenly, the drinks undoubtably helping her to relax.

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:49 PM
Oh I'm not sure really. Less than a year though.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 10:50 PM
Aesa hesitantly goes over to join Phoenixineohp. Good evening Phoenixineohp. Alex... She trails off as she looks at Alena, then shakes her head and sits.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 10:52 PM
"Hi Aesa. How are you doing today?"

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 10:52 PM
Alena nods, Do you have another song you would like to play?

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 10:53 PM
Quietly to Pxp "I've told her to keep away from that song in certain places...and she comes from a completely different pace to what you call home so no chance she's involved in your war." he glances towards Alena and smiles. He then looks at Aesa and nods "Evening"

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 10:54 PM
I am well enough, though perhaps a bit bored. And how are you? She directs the question at Alex and Phoenixineohp.

McBish
2007-01-21, 10:55 PM
Sure. This is one of my favorites. He picks up his guitar and starts to play a simple tune and then he starts to sing. ((No youtube for this. Imagine a sort of spanish tune.))

Oh senor Don Gato was a cat
On a high red roof Don Gato sat
He went there to read a letter
Meow meow meow
Where the reading light was better
Meow meow meow
Was a love note for Don Gato

I adore you wrote a lady cat
Who was fluffy white and nice and fat
There was not a sweeter kitty
Meow meow meow
In the country or the city
Meow meow meow
And she said she’d wed Don Gato

Oh Don Gato jumped so happily
He fell of the roof and broke his knee
Broke his ribs and all his whiskers
Meow meow meow
Broke his little Solar Plexus
Meow meow meow
Ay caramba cried Don Gato

The Doctors all came on the run
Just to see if something could be done
But in spite of everything they tried
for Don Gato up and died
was the end of Don Gato

As the funeral passed the market square
Such a smell of fish was in the air
Though his burial was slated
Meow meow meow
He became reanimated
Meow meow meow
He came back to life Don Gato

Caleb Danvers
Caleb seems glad that Aesa didn't notice him. Without really thinking, he ordered a beer and drank half of it.

"DAMN" he thinks to himself as the alcohol hurts him. He slides the beer away.

Obsidian Blade
Fydan frowns. I have to go. I'll see you soon, though. I like it here. She gestures around the room. Waving to Mcbish and Alena, she heads out the door.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 10:56 PM
"I'm fine, thank you Aesa..."

Rebonack
"People complaining about voices is bad," Regiji adds. "People who inform you that said voices are telling them to kill you is usually worse."

The NPC, who incidentally, appears to be little more than a random commoner, walks over to where Regiji is currently seated.

"So, like I was saying before, adventure just seems to come out of nowh-" Regiji suddenly stops mid-sentence. It probably has something to do with the three wicked saber-like talons that just burst through his chest in a spray of silvery ichor. The talons apparently belong to the not so unassuming looking NPC.

With a nasty sound of metal on metal the claws clench inward into a rough fist, then are extracted through Regiji's back rather forcefully.

Regiji appears to be rather surprised by the whole affair. The wide eyes and the blood drizzling from his mouth attest to that.

"Looks like you found your adventure," the NPC with the nasty metallic gauntlet coos. In the person's grasp is something that was apparently ripped from Regiji's chest. It's probably important.

NuclearKnight
"Lovely music. Another round of drinks in honor of you with the guitar!" He pulls out one bag of coins from his pocket, looks at it, and hastily replaces it with another one, nearly throwing it at the barkeep.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 10:58 PM
"Well if she is, it's a hell of a trick." Phoenixineohp shakes her head.
"It's just worrying that they have found a way over here now. Before when we just had to deal with it on that plane that was fine. Only a few townsfolk are touched and they can mostly handle themselves. But coming here..." She shakes her head again. "We were not expecting that."

"I'm alright. I wish I was bored. Instead it seems that everything has decided that it want to get dealt with at once." She smiles slightly. "Keeps me on my toes at least."

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 10:58 PM
Alena waves goodbye to Fydan, she smiles at McBish, That's cute, I like it. Here's a funny one for you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA8idM-wz0o).

darnin
2007-01-21, 10:59 PM
Darnin glances again at Regiji, before ordering another beer.

((Sorry, got to go, see you guys tomorrow))

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 11:01 PM
So where is Phoenix? Did she not come today? Aesa looks over at the thing that attacked Regiji and narrows her eyes, slipping the magic rod out of her belt and into her hand.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-21, 11:01 PM
Ms E is a little enraged to have her words thrown back at her, as well as her friend so viciously attacked. You're going to die!... Evander picks up the death thought and proceeds to attempt to stop the NPC, using full force, deadly or otherwise.

McBish
2007-01-21, 11:02 PM
((Ok that is odd.))

McBish laughs at Alena's song. Then he stops as a pained look comes over his face. Natalie is instantly awake and at his side. She pulls a jug out of his bag and tries to get him to drink some.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 11:04 PM
Alex faintly smiles at Pxp "I think I can handle myself against anything they can throw at me" he looks at the killer NPC and narrows his eyes. He stands and moves sideways putting him in between the NPC and Alena

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 11:05 PM
Phoenixineohp stands and turns to the attacker.
"Oh she's just upstairs making some plans." Phoenixineohp's fire goes up around her as she steps closer.

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 11:06 PM
Alena looks at McBish with concern, Can I help you?

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 11:07 PM
Well, on the upside, I do not think we have to worry about being bored anymore... Aesa watches the NPC carefully, tracing a few runes idly in the air.

McBish
2007-01-21, 11:07 PM
McBish takes a drink from the jug. He looks really pale. He shakes his head at Alena. No you really can't.

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 11:09 PM
Alena extends one hand towards him, I'm sorry.

Takehiko the Marooned
2007-01-21, 11:10 PM
A green haired teenaged booy enters teh bar and sits down at the counter. He orders some sake and scans the bar, a bitter look on his face.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-21, 11:10 PM
Caleb sighs and leaves.

McBish
2007-01-21, 11:11 PM
It's ok. I've gotten use to it. For the most part.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-21, 11:12 PM
(Snap! Must away. So ultra sorry. NPC me, umkay?)

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 11:14 PM
Do you mind if I play an upbeat piece?

Rebonack
2007-01-21, 11:15 PM
((I really need to put a description of Iri in my Bio page at some point...)

The woman's body is consumed in sickly sea-green flames, burning the flesh and revealing a rather unfriendly looking creature below. Knobby maroon flesh and glinting red-tinted metal. Gauntlets and grieves and breastplate and cuirass and a helm like the metallic skull of some demonic bird of prey. A bright crimson orb leers out of the creature's forehead.

It tumbles back out of Evander's reach with almost preternatural speed and agility, a series of ropy tendrils ending in wicked spear points biting into the floor and tossing the monster back onto the bar top. It regards the object in its metal grip for a moment, then tosses it behind the bar.

"Will you now?" it coos. How it can coo with its grinding androgynous voice is left to the reader's imagination. "How well will that work once I take your little metal friend apart?"

Iridaceae begins toying with the magic that animates Evander, looking for the most effective way to unweave it. It notes a sudden temporal stasis field and decides against it.

Regiji manages to cough up a mouthful of his silvery blood. He appears to be having quite a bit of trouble moving.

"Damned Keelak... knew right where to hit me..."

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 11:16 PM
Aesa looks over to the green haired boy, her eyes narrowing. She glances at the NPC and decides that if the others really need her help she'll give it to them, but in the meantime... She walks over to the boy and sits next to him, folding her wings up behind her back. Hey.

McBish
2007-01-21, 11:16 PM
McBish closes his eyes and slowly opens them back up. I'd love to hear that. But I think I should go get some rest. Natalie nods.

Takehiko the Marooned
2007-01-21, 11:19 PM
The boy looks at her with a look of mild surprise, but shakes his head, and looks at her agian. Umm... Hello.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 11:20 PM
Aesa chuckles at him. What? Do I look a little familiar to you? She looks at him knowingly.

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 11:20 PM
Alena smiles, Go, go get some rest. I'm sorry to have kept you. I just enjoy talking and sharing with other musicians.

Takehiko the Marooned
2007-01-21, 11:22 PM
The boy scootches a bit away from her. Who the hell are you?

McBish
2007-01-21, 11:23 PM
No it is fine. I look foward to talking to you again if I don't die in my sleep. Natalie punchs his arm. Ow! You have to stop hitting me, I'm dying here. Natalie just shakes her head as she helps him up.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 11:24 PM
My name is Aesa. So, where is your sister? Did she not come, or is she somewhere else?

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 11:24 PM
Yes, I'll be happy to talk and share music, anytime. Have a good evening.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 11:25 PM
Alex concentrates slightly, going on the defensive. He backs up towards Alena

((and performs a Psychic Reserve))

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 11:25 PM
Phoenixineohp watches the events and takes a step back.
"You know, maybe not tonight. If you need a hand, or transport to somewhere they the put organs back into your body, let me know." She shakes her head and turns to watch Aesa.

Phoenix walks down the stairs.
"Hey, I think I figured something out...woah..." She stops and takes a look around.

McBish
2007-01-21, 11:26 PM
McBish waves goodnight to Alena and picks up his hat as he and Natalie make their way upstairs avoiding the fight.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 11:27 PM
Alex instantly turns when he hears Phoenix's voice. He teleports over to where Alena is.

Takehiko the Marooned
2007-01-21, 11:28 PM
The boy's hand goes to his belt, where a kama juts out. She's... How did you... Have you been following me?

Rebonack
2007-01-21, 11:28 PM
Regiji's still busy bleeding all over his table, wondering idly if anyone helpful will be showing up. Something suddenly occurs to him.

"By the Shepherds... the fail-safe..." he attempts to raise his voice over the general din of the tavern. "That... thing it pulled out... some one... get rid of it..."

Not really much better, but quite admirable in his situation.

Iridaceae crosses the tavern past the AFK golem and leans down next to Regiji.

"You certainly have made plenty of nice friends here," it purrs in his ear. It drives a trio of tendrils into the gapping wound in Regiji's back and begins fishing around inside it. Regiji doesn't appear to be enjoying this very much. "I wonder how many pieces I'll have to pull out of you before they do anything..."

It rips another component out of the downed scout and idly looks it over.

"My my... You probably need this don't you?"

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 11:31 PM
Alena looks up at Alex and finally notices what's going on in the Tavern. She quickly bags up her harp and puts the violin and bow in with it. Alex?

DarkHunter
2007-01-21, 11:31 PM
Randan wakes up after a long coma, and a thread-change that happened without his noticing. He sips his drink and looks around.

(( Go help: unweave Iridaceae ))

What?!?! Have you forgotten which side I'm on???

(( No, I haven't forgotten: now go help anyway ))

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 11:32 PM
No. This is the first time I have ever seen you. In fact, no one has ever even told me about you. But sometimes, sometimes truth speaks out on its own. Aesa stands and tilts her head, and her hair turns green as her wings fade into her back, and a few other minor changes take place as she transforms into the woman she had seen in the pictures. She looks down one of her arms, pondering the change.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 11:33 PM
Phoenix takes a few steps closer and her eyes narrow. She stares at the thing attacking Regiji. "Well it's a bit early in the night, but Finger of Death."

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 11:33 PM
Alex glances at Alena "Hey there. Two bad things just turned up at once..."

Takehiko the Marooned
2007-01-21, 11:34 PM
The boy falls out of his chair and backs away. No... NO! STOP!

wxdruid
2007-01-21, 11:35 PM
Ah, I guess I was busy and didn't even notice.

DarkHunter
2007-01-21, 11:36 PM
Randan looks at Iridaceae

You should really stop that, you know. Bad things might happen if you don't

(( Not nearly good enough, Randan. ))

This isn't fair! It's all fine and nice for you to do this to the main characters, but I'm an enemy for crying out loud!

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 11:36 PM
Aesa grabs his shoulder and glares at him as she turns back to normal. Gods damn it all, who are you? Who was she?!

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 11:37 PM
Phoenix turns and scowls at Alex. Phoenixineohp stands. "That was unnecessary." She walks over to Phoenix and casts Magic Missile on the attacker.

Takehiko the Marooned
2007-01-21, 11:37 PM
The boy's eyes widen, and snaps a kick at her stomach. LEAVE ME ALONE!

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 11:39 PM
"You were having fun Alena, keep it that way" Alex just looks at Phoenix for a second then turns away

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 11:40 PM
Unprepared, Aesa takes the kick full on and doubles over, backing off a little.

Rebonack
2007-01-21, 11:42 PM
As Px approaches one of the snaky looking tendrils tracks her movement almost as though it has a mind of its own. Her touch attack connects quite firmly, but it doesn't appear to cause the creature any undo harm. She probably would have had similar results had she cast it on a rock.

"Oh? Are you here to help?" Iridaceae coos. The tendril grasping the part it had just pulled out of Regiji slithers over to her and drops its cargo. "Hold this, if you don't mind."

A low hum can be heard behind the bar where the important looking piece of Regiji was tossed.

Takehiko the Marooned
2007-01-21, 11:42 PM
The boy takes the oppertunity to bolt out the door.

AmberVael
2007-01-21, 11:44 PM
Aesa snarls and spreads her wings, then flies after him.

DarkHunter
2007-01-21, 11:45 PM
Randan stands up and walks, somewhat unwillingly, over to Regiji and Iridaceae. He waves in a somewhat silly fashion to Px and Pxp.

Hi.

Then he looks at Iridaceae

No offense, but I was ordered by a rather higher power...

Randan begins to unravel the connections between energy and substance in the space around Iridaceae.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 11:46 PM
Phoenixineohp teleports to the spot where the previously internal item is. It starts to fly up into the air and suddenly both of them are gone.

Phoenix glares at the tendril. She reaches out to grab onto it, her hands setting on fire as she does.

Neither of them seem to notice Randan.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-21, 11:46 PM
Alex narrows his eyes on Iri and advances a bit. He casts flame strike on him, admixturing acid and sonic damage into it and putting 20 power points into psychic spell penetration

((
For a cost of 2 points per level of the spell to be enhanced, the caster gains +1 on checks to overcome spell resistance. By inceasing the cost, the bonus is increased symmetrically. (Spend 4 points/level, get +2. Spend 6, get +3. And so on.) Up to a maximum of +10 to the check (which would cost 20 points per level of the spell being enhanced).))

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-21, 11:49 PM
Caleb suddenly crashes through the window, having been thrown through from the streets. The window repairs it self as Caleb gets up slowly, his eyes turning pitch black.

Rebonack
2007-01-21, 11:58 PM
Iridaceae is suddenly engulfed in an inferno of inky flame which eats at anything living around it. The flame strike obliterates the general area where Iridaceae was.

By the time the fire clears Iridaceae is no longer standing where it was, but rather a good distance away. The tendril that Px had caught a hold of is currently twitching in her hands like the severed tail of a lizard. Except with a nasty metal spear tip on the end flailing about.

Unfortunately for Randan, unraveling the connections between energy and matter would liberate all the rest energy in the air, the end result being enough radiant energy to vaporize everything within several hundred miles. Since this clearly doesn't happen I'll need a better description of what he's doing. =P

Iridaceae sighs in a rather melancholy fashion.

"You're all going to try to kill me at once now?" it moans. "How utterly boring..."

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:00 AM
Alena stands back and casts Steel Shadows on herself.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-22, 12:03 AM
Phoenixineohp reappears next to Regiji.
"What do you want? Healing? To get out of here? Tell me quickly."
She looks over at Iridaceae and casts Hold Person.

Phoenix tries to stab the spear tip into the floor as she tries to burn up the tendril.

Hand Afire: At 2nd level, as a move equivalent action, the Burning Kindred can have her hands light on fire. This Fire does not damage her body in any way. Her unarmed attack is then treated as armed. This natural weapon deals 2d6 fire damage. Anything that the Burning Kindred touches with her hands suffers the 2d6 damage (unless that object is fire itself, or something with the appropriate fire resistance). The only weapon that she can hold without it burning into nothing is her Fire Lash. Her OR increases by 1 when she uses this ability.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-22, 12:03 AM
Alex advances on Iri's new position "Stay still long enough and we will" he readies another flamestrike but doesn't cast it

DarkHunter
2007-01-22, 12:05 AM
Randan sighs

And now he's over there. Can you possibly come up with something better for me to do?

(( Well... you are the unweaver: you take things apart. I kinda took away your abilities to do much of anything along the "put together" lines... ))

Thanks... how about bringing one of the other, more useful weavers in, then?

(( Well... I thought Pxp might attack... so I picked you instead. ))

Again, thanks.

Randan looks across the room at Iridaceae and sighs.

My player won't let me leave. Will yours?

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 12:06 AM
Caleb suddenly stops moving as a loud voice is heard in the tavern.

"I...will....you...my...power..."

The voice fades away, and a bolt of lightning comes in through the ceiling and strikes Caleb's heart. He cries out in pain and is suspended in the air by the lightning.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:10 AM
Alena looks very surprised as Caleb is struck by the lightning.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-22, 12:13 AM
Phoenixineohp and Phoenix both turn at the lightening but quickly refocus on their current issue.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 12:14 AM
Caleb seems to explode and the lightning vanishes. Suddenly, Caleb reappears slumped on his knees in an awkward position on the floor. His eyes are closed, and if he's breathing, his body doesn't show it.

DarkHunter
2007-01-22, 12:15 AM
Randan's gaze flicks over

And they call us evil!

(( And several hundred miles is a substantial exaggeration... Mostly air with a bit of water at 98 degrees F will barely warm the surroundings, let alone vapourize it... ))

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:18 AM
Alena watches Caleb and the other combatants, unsure of whether it is safe to approach him or not.

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 12:20 AM
((Unraveling the connections between substance would release all the strong nuclear energy as radiation. Would turn the air into a nuclear bomb. That's why I need a more succinct explanation of what he does.))

"Healing... won't help," Regiji manages to chock out. "What... did you do with *gasp* the DQF that you... *cough* left with...?" He sounds even weaker than before at this point. "It... going to explode..."

Since Iridaceae is rather busy not being a humanoid Hold Person doesn't do anything helpful.

"Well... this is getting more exciting," the creature hums to itself. A half dozen tendrils suddenly slither to life, training themselves on different tavern goers. A high-pitch whine begins to fill the air as a crimson light strobes to life around each spear tip.

A brilliant lance of sonic energy suddenly leaps from each point, slashing along the ground toward any convenient targets. Intimate objects caught in the cross-fire are neatly sliced in half by the pencil wide beams and promptly fall apart.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:21 AM
Alena quickly casts Umbral Body and becomes incorporeal.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 12:22 AM
Caleb falls over and doesn't move.

DarkHunter
2007-01-22, 12:25 AM
(( But that would unravel substance itself, which I did not say he did. It is fun to apply advanced physics to a magic frame that didn't take that into account, though... Do I go with formal QM, or String theory next? :smallbiggrin: ))

Randan smiply unweaves then drains any inconvenient energy off into the appropriate fundamental plane, not believing in either nuclear physics or quantum mechanics. The remaining few milllion molecules and atoms of air do not trouble him particularly with their residual kinetic energy.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-22, 12:27 AM
Alex growls and teleports just behind Iri and unleashes a fire storm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fireStorm.htm) at him, putting 20 points into psychic spell penetration

phoenixineohp
2007-01-22, 12:28 AM
"I took it to a place where it can blow up and not hurt anything. What is this thing? What is happening?" She looks up and casts Hold Monster.

Phoenix sighs and casts Magic Missiles.

DarkHunter
2007-01-22, 12:38 AM
Randan glances at the clock

Oh, shock it all! I'd love to argue the intracies of magic versus science, but I have to go...

With a puff of science-defying smoke, Randan disappears.

Fenric
2007-01-22, 12:41 AM
Fenric points out to DarkHunter that he spelled "intricacies" wrong. Then Fenric goes to bed, too.

(( goodnight ))

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 12:42 AM
((Don't ever go with String Theory. It isn't even wrong. =P So you mean energy like the five DnD types? I can work with that. When you say energy I think in the technical term. Just habit.))

Sickly flame washes over Iridaceae moments before the impact, replacing its monstrous shape with that of the commoner it had entered the tavern as. She makes no move to escape and is incinerated by the fire almost instantly, leaving nothing more than a burnt spot on the floor and a small pile of ash.

Regiji gives a light gasp and stops breathing.

Then starts melting into nothing more than a rather messy puddle of that silvery ichor. The substance begins to boil for no readily apparent reason and within a few moments has fizzled away to nothing.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:43 AM
Alena stares and backs up towards a wall.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-22, 12:44 AM
Alex winces and performs a miracle to raise the burnt NPC. He then sits down heavily on the floor.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-22, 12:46 AM
"Umm, ummm." Phoenixineohp points to the spot on the floor where it melted.
"Ummm." She seems a little creeped out, panicked and confused.
"Yeah, thats enough for tonight. Lets go."
"Ummm..."
Phoenix walks over to Phoenixineohp and places a hand on her. They vanish.

((Night all. Take care.))

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:46 AM
Alena quickly turns corporeal and runs over to Alex, Are you hurt?

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-22, 12:49 AM
The NPC without a soul lies there on the tavern floor. Alex looks up at Alena "Yeah, I'm just tired. I used up a lot of energy there...and that's only the second miracle I've performed successfully..."

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:51 AM
Alena brushes his hair back and kisses his cheek, I'll be right back, the other guy is still lying on the floor.

Alena goes over to Caleb and checks to see if he's still alive.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 12:51 AM
Caleb's breath is completely shallow, almost to the point where it can't be seen.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:52 AM
Alena casts CCW on him and checks him again.

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 12:52 AM
The Miracle is unable to raise the commoner, as her soul is currently being held captive elsewhere. ((So, no she doesn't run anywhere))

Regiji, who's soul has been shunted off to the nearest body that it can operate (namely the dragonish looking light assault frame he has back at his Sanctum), sticks his long head through the tavern door and glares at where the left-over pack is sitting. He remembers pretty quickly that he can't fit through the door like this and thus shifts inside instead.

He picks up his back-pack, grumbling the whole time.

"Damned Keelak killing blasted gumby body... *more grumbling in a language not known to anyone present* take a good week to build a new one..."

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 12:53 AM
Caleb coughs and his eyes snap open. They're pitch black. He looks up at Alena and smiles.

"I think that's twice I owe you now."

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:55 AM
She stumbles backwards when she sees his eyes, No, you don't owe me anything.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 12:55 AM
His eyes fade back to normal.

"But it's twice you healed me now..."

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:57 AM
It..It's fine, I'd do it for anyone in pain. She flares her wings out to keep her balance.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 12:58 AM
"Sorry to scare you with the eyes thing...it's how I reach my magic."

Caleb slowly gets up and heads to the bar. He orders a beer and downs it, gritting his teeth at the pain.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-22, 12:58 AM
The Miracle is unable to raise the commoner, as her soul is currently being held captive elsewhere. ((So, no she doesn't run anywhere))

((ok, the body is still reconstructed but the soul isn't in there. So the body is lying there on the ground after the miracle was used.))

Alex teleports the body over to the cold room at the temple of Inari making a mental note to tell Fenric in the morning. He looks up at Alena "You ok Alena?"

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:59 AM
Alena goes back to Alex, Yes, I'm fine. Do you need help getting upstairs? I'd really like to go to bed now, I'm tired.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 12:59 AM
Caleb looks over to Alex. "I'm sorry if I scared her."

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-22, 01:02 AM
Alex faintly smiles "So would I Alena...and I would appreciate the help"

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 01:03 AM
Caleb sighs and leaves, seeing that he's only being ignored again.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 01:04 AM
Alena gently scoops him up into her arms and carries him upstairs.

Miatog
2007-01-22, 01:06 AM
The void that is Enigma enters from the streets and looks around. He sees Regiji in his dragon form and scratches his head. “How did he get in here?” Enigma goes to the bar and talks to the bartender. “I’ll have what ever it was you gave me last time.” He’s handed his mug and puts some coins on the counter. He drinks a small about of it and walks over to Regiji. “Excuse me, but if you don’t mind my asking how did you get in here without destroying the door?”

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 01:16 AM
Regiji finally manages to gather all of his gear into the pack, which promptly ceases to be in the tavern. A pretty impressive display of manual dexterity considering his big talons. He cranes his neck toward Enigma and peers at him with one smoldering emerald eye.

That walking event horizon guy again...

"I shifted in," he responds. He adjusts his currently membraneless wings into a more comfortable position on his back. "It involves forcing all of my component parts to spontaneously stop being in one place and start being in another."

Miatog
2007-01-22, 01:19 AM
Enigma is a little set back at first with the bold text of Regiji’s speech, but only for a second. His curiosity quickly comes back as he responds. “Sounds to me like you teleported or Shadow Walked.”

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 01:28 AM
"No, those would be sub-jumping," Regiji attempts to correct Enigma's mistake. "Both of those modes of travel involve traveling to a contemporaneous plane and then traveling back to this plane at a different point."

He curls his rather intimidating sharp tail around his feet, both fore and hind. He looks like an odd combination between a cat, a dragon, and some weird long beaked eagle in his current position.

Ayya the Fearsome
2007-01-22, 01:31 AM
Ayya burst in, throws fliers everywhere, yells "mosh pit!!!!!!!", then leaves. The fliers say, "Ultimate RAWK CONCERT!!!!!!! Come or be a loser!!!!"

Miatog
2007-01-22, 01:31 AM
“Oh I see.” Enigma didn’t really but didn’t know enough to even try to continue that little talk. “You seem to know a lot, do you know anything about star spirits and event horizons?”

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 01:38 AM
Regiji gives the pink haired woman an odd look and promptly decides that it would be a good idea to not pay her any heed.

"An event horizon is the point beyond which light, or anything else for that matter, can't escape a dense object. I sort of doubt that you're one as my annoying little blue ball suggested a few days ago," he explains. The end of his tail begins twitching slightly. Regiji glairs at it and it stops. "If you were a mundane one you would be so heavy that you would sink into the world and start sucking it in."

He shrugs with his wings.

"But it's pretty clear that you aren't mundane by any definition of the word."

Miatog
2007-01-22, 01:46 AM
[] Remember, he only met Regiji in battle and knows nothing about him :p. []

“Oh, you must know Regiji then. Well, I did some reading after I talked to the happy little ball, I did find some incidences where a dead or living star had a spirit walking around, none of them behaved like I do. They all know who they were, they all looked human, and they either had no powers or had fire and/or light based powers. None of those apply to me.”

Enigma realized that this dragon has only seen the skin, so he holds up his hand and the skin moves down to the wrist. “This is skin is fake, it’s ectoplasm that gives me a look based on what my ideal look is. I’m really like how you see my hand now. Items that are small enough can fall in me and…” Enigma forms one of the smaller rocks that fell into him and places it on the table that they are clearly next to. “I can remake the things that fall in me. I also seem to grow and shrink with how much is in me.”

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 01:54 AM
"Yes... I know Regiji pretty well..." Regiji responds. It normally doesn't occur to him right away that other people won't recognize him when he's in a different frame. "The falling thing is like an event horizon, the re-making of stuff isn't. And to be honest I've never seen a star spirit before. Or even heard of one until just now."

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 02:00 AM
Fydan materializes in the room, swearing profusely. Blasted STUPID scroll! How in the name of the Nine Hells can anyone be expected to... She stops, suddenly aware of eyes upon her. Grumbling about the uses of teleporting scrolls, she marches up to the bar, orders a large mug of Archon Ale, and drinks as much of it as she can without passing out.

Miatog
2007-01-22, 02:03 AM
Enigma covers up his hand again. “It seems that once in a while stars will get spirits and they are fully aware of what’s going on around them. There are two major reasons for them to start walking around on a planet. First, a great love for the people and a desire to talk with them. Second, a great hate for the people and a desire to make them pay for messing with the planets. Now, IF I was a star spirit, then I think it would be the latter with me.”

“You see, the only thing I remember before coming to town, are these five seconds that I see three times, each time from a different person. There’s some guy casting a spell, another guy seems to have a strong desire to stop the caster, and the third is just standing there watching. Assuming that I am a star spirit, I think that the spell caused some major damage to the planet and when I tried to stop it, I interfered with the spell and this happened to me.”

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 02:11 AM
Regiji does his best to ignore the person randomly teleporting in and making too much noise. He points one talon at Enigma.

"So... maybe the spell was supposed to make you, you being the star you may be the spirit of, collapse on itself?" Regiji asks. "And all that ended up as the muddled form you're in now? I suppose that makes some sense."

Regiji stretches his wings out a bit. Not fully, that would make them bump into the walls.

"Well, as interesting as this was I unfortunately have some reports to fill out. Nice talking to you Mr...?"

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 02:11 AM
The elf surveys her surroundings with slightly bleary eyes. What happened in here? It looks like the place went through a battle!

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 02:13 AM
Destro, who is still on the floor growing extra limbs, wakes up. Unnnhh... He looks around, both at mDestro, who is happily getting himself sloshed, and at Regiji, and Enigma, and any number of other strange things in the bar. He tries to stand up and fails miserably.

Miatog
2007-01-22, 02:14 AM
Enigma takes on a very serious look before responding. “Enigma. My mind is an Enigma and my body is an Enigma. I will call myself Enigma until I know who and what I am.” After that, he smiles once again. “Like it? I’m thinking of putting it on business cards, those would include that the fact that I run the Inn over at the OmniShop.”

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 02:21 AM
Fydan offers a hand to Destro.
Having a bit of trouble?

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 02:22 AM
"There was a battle," Regiji responds. "I got killed. All very unpleasant."

Regiji nods to Enigma.

"And I'm the Regiji you mentioned before. My body is more or less a construct like the ones running around at the OmniShop. I can swap my consciousness between them if need be."

Regiji reaches out with one foot and pokes at Destro.

"I think you need to stop antagonizing the RAW."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 02:24 AM
Destro takes Fydan's hand and gets poked by Regiji. Yeah, I passed out. I think. It's all very fuzzy. I believe it was his fault. He uses his free hand to point at the oblivious mDestro. And the RAW can go shock itself.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 02:24 AM
Fydan looks more closely at Destro.
Do you need a healer?

Miatog
2007-01-22, 02:29 AM
“Oh, well that must be handy. Good job with the lich by the way. At any rate, I should be going as well. Like I said, I’m in charge of the Inn. Feel free to let that little ball come by, he gave me my best lead so far.” Not wanting to let it go to waist, Enigma downs the entire mug at once. HE then waves at Regiji and walks out into the street.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 02:33 AM
A healer. Destro wobbles a bit unsteadily and then straightens and remains standing. Would be a very bad idea. I have no wish to be hit with positive energy at this time. mDestro looks over. You're awake! Want to hear about sword-chucks? Destro shakes his head. Passing out was DEFINITELY his fault.

Rebonack
2007-01-22, 02:34 AM
"Well, hope you get better," Regiji respond to Destro. "Or deader. Or undeader. I dunno. Either way, those reports aren't going to fill themselves out."

Regiji ceases to be in the tavern.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 02:34 AM
Fydan grins, and slides a drink over to Destro. Now I'm interested. What's your story?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 02:37 AM
You want the long version, or the short version? Destro picks up the drink and sits on one of the barstools. mDestro takes out his sword-chucks. See? They're made with swords, which makes them cool. But then you attach more swords, which makes them awesome. I like swords.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 02:39 AM
Long version. I have alot of time.

((I have to go for about 20 minutes.))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 02:56 AM
((Kdokey))
Allright, where to begin. Hmm. I'll start with after I stopped wandering. Anyways, I walked into town and found this tavern. On the floor was a dead wolf. This was the first indication of how strange things would get, not that I don't like it...
Destro launches into a long explanation of everything that happened after he got into town. Sometimes he skips over something, meaning to go back to it later. Sometimes he embellishes a particular event significantly, emphasizing his part in it. Sometimes he gets distracted and ends up going on about various unrelated subjects, such as trout, for a good portion of time. A few things are missed entirely because he isn't proud of them, or feels that no-one needs to know about them. This continues for some time, until...
So, I explained why I disliked the thought of dying, didn't I? I didn't? Well, I'd better go into that. When I was a lot younger than I am right now...
This is followed by an explanation of how he was always the best in his class at Necromantic magic, and decided to make that his field. He cuts off after he gets to the part about going home because he heard a group of orcs were passing by the village he came from.
I'll.. I'll.. Let's skip that bit, shall we? It was not very interesting. Had to do a lot of digging. Anyways, I became terribly afraid of my own death. Went with what I knew, decided to become a lich. Found a lich hunter here, actually, he was most helpful. Told me a lot about them... Explanations of the various things involved in becoming a lich are follow, though Destro doesn't go into much detail.
The end result of all this is that I ended up dead, or rather sort of not dead. It was an interesting experience. The novelty has yet to wear off. So, of course, healing magic has an adverse affect on me, resulting in the general destruction of little bits of my unnaturally animated body. Causes quite a bit of pain too. Very strange things have begun happening though, and I'm not quite sure what to do about them. Destro waves the various extra arms he's grown over the course of the conversation, which merge back into one arm shortly after being waved. So normally I can't get drunk, but recently I've sometimes been able to. Today drunkenness was required to preserve the delicate remains of my sanity. I'm probably lucky I passed out when I did. But that's the general idea. What's your story?

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 03:08 AM
Fydan has mostly paid attention to Destro, though when he went off on trout she started to fidget. She seems somewhat unfazed by the facts that he's got extra arms. So...you're sort of dead, but not? Gods, that would be weird... especially with all that other bizarre stuff happening to you. She stares at him for a moment, then seems to decide something.
I'm not nearly as interesting. Right now I'm just seeing the sights. I've spent most of my life trying to track down some slavers... Here she takes a large mouthful of beer, then proceeds to tell Destro how she spent four decades looking for the slavers that took her sister. The tale takes a while to tell. It's obvious she hasn't told many people, as is indicated by her frequently halting and searching for the right words. Her tone becomes increasingly frustrated and bitter, as she relates how they always eluded her grasp, even with her aracane powers.
But a couple of monthes ago, I finally gave up... I'm wasting my life, and I don't know what to do about it. So I'm here to get my priorites in order and find some adventure. She downs the rest of her beer. Then she jerks her head at mDestro. What's up with him?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 03:21 AM
A very interesting story. Destro gulps down about half his drink. As for him, he's very very stupid and likes swords far too much. mDestro has started swinging the Sword-Chucks around again. See?

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 03:26 AM
She looks at mDestro with an odd expression. Hmm.. they say stupidity can be an endearing quality, but mostly I think not... why is it his fault you passed out?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 03:30 AM
It is his fault I passed out because had I remained conscious he would have driven me mad talking about swords. Therefore my reaction to him talking about swords was imbibing mass quantities of alcohol. He exists, therefore I passed out. I'm beginning to wonder whether or not I should pass out again. mDestro, oblivious to all this, continues babbling about the wonders of the sword-chuck.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 03:35 AM
Fydan chuckles. Well, I don't envy you much. Having someone blather on like that... She shakes her head, green hair flying everywhere.Do you of anything interesting that's happening around Town?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 03:38 AM
Other than my strange multiplying limbs? Not particularly, though some big crystal thing has popped up. I'd investigate, but I'd like to deal with this whole multiple arm thing first. Destro glares at two of his arms, which cease existing. He still has two left.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 03:43 AM
She stares at his progress, trying to comprehend how the arms got there in the first place. Well, good luck with that. She leans against the bar, relaxing. Do you come here often?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 03:49 AM
Whenever I can. Destro downs the rest of the drink. I'm here whenever there isn't something else that needs my immediate attention, or something that needs killing, or something else that needs killing for different reasons.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 03:56 AM
She nods, stroking the glowing sword at her hip. Sometimes killing is the only option, but I'd rather talk my way out. She glances around, watches mDestro for a minute, then turns back to Destro, a ghost of a smile on her face. I'm new here, but already this place seems friendlier then any other I've been to. She looks pointedly at his extra arms. Have you tried hitting them with some sort of negative energy spell? Well, that might make them grow, but its worth a shot...

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 04:01 AM
I only kill things if they make me angry. I'm not an easy person to make angry. Destro also looks down at the extra arm. That could be worth a shot. Let's see if I've got something... He begins rummaging around in his pockets. mDestro looks at Fydan. Hey, that's a really nice sword. Where'd you get it? I like swords. Big swords are better than small swords.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 04:18 AM
Thanks. I got it when I killed the head of a very nasty cult. It just seemed to fit my hands perfectly. It's called Rykan. She resumes stroking it, a tender expression on her face. You're right. Big swords are better. Where'd you get yours? Uh.. you seem to have alot of them.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 04:21 AM
I bought two of them at a store. They had lots of swords, but I could only use two. Then I fought a dark elf named Drizz'l and took his swords. That was after I thought up sword-chucks. Aren't sword chucks great? Destro shakes his head and pulls a scroll out of a pocket. Here's one. He reads the scroll off, directed at one of the extra arms.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 04:24 AM
Fydan watches, fascinated.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 04:26 AM
The arm vanishes, and Destro smiles. Looks like that sorts them ou... He topples off the stool. mDestro looks at him. Why'd he do that? Maybe he doesn't have enough swords...

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 04:27 AM
Destro! Are you okay? Fydan anxiously kneels down next to him, knocking over her drink. She glares at mDestro.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 04:33 AM
I'm fine, I think. Destro rubs his head, looking a little woozy. That one knocked me for a loop... mDestro shrugs and goes back to his drink.

Obsidian Blade
2007-01-22, 04:42 AM
Fydan glances outside, then curses.
I have to go... It was nice meeting you. I hope I'll see you around!
She walks to the door, stumbles, then staggers out.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-22, 04:54 AM
Yeah. Sure. Destro stands up, leaving himself on the floor as well. He teleports away without noticing himself lying on the floor. The Destro on the floor lays there unmoving for a long time, after even mDestro has left to find somewhere to sleep. Then it's eyes snap open, revealing burning yellow-orange voids. It grins evilly, and pulls itself to its feet, marveling at its new form. Well now, it says. Fire engulfs its hands, electricity crackling between the fingers. I could get used to this. It stalks out of the Tavern, in search of something to kill.

Blood
2007-01-22, 07:24 AM
Dexavar concentrates hard, then a small ball appears in his palm. He grins for a moment, then remembers himself and merely thinly smiles. He takes the last sip of his drink, and then drops a gold piece on the counter (Cosmo takes it and stops grumbling immediately). A portal opens up next to him, and he steps through it.

Castaras
2007-01-22, 11:06 AM
A drider slowly forms at one of the tables, face full of glee, hand with a bottle of drink. He turns as Castaras enters, eyes latching onto the pure black blade she holds. Castaras sits at a table, seemingly not noticing him. She buys a drink and thinks, hand tightly grasping the dagger.

Ferdir makes as if to attack her, then thinks better of it and sits down.

Castaras
2007-01-22, 12:00 PM
Castaras glares around the room, catching sight of the drider. She smiles humourlessly.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:10 PM
Gwen walks in and takes a seat at the bar. She orders a hot chocolate. When Cosmo brings it she stirs in her dark chocolate chips and sips it appreciatively.

Castaras
2007-01-22, 12:12 PM
Castaras idly runs her finger along the side of her pure black blade.

Ferdir? I want a word with you...

The drider glares at her.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:13 PM
Gwen watches the two as she sips her hot chocolate.

Castaras
2007-01-22, 12:20 PM
You have vexed me one too many times. I offer you a duel to the death. The winner takes all. Do you get my meaning?

The drider flexes his fingers, grinning.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:22 PM
Gwen turns, All duels are fought in the Arena, if you fight one in Town you will be arrested.

Castaras
2007-01-22, 12:26 PM
Castaras smiles sweetly at Gwen.

I would rather not settle it publically. But I won't fight him in the town.

She turns back to Ferdir.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:27 PM
Gwen smiles just as sweetly back, Please don't, you won't like the consequences,

of being put to death.

Castaras
2007-01-22, 12:28 PM
Castaras turns back to Gwen, interested.

What penalty would that be?

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:29 PM
((the italics were her personal thoughts))

Castaras
2007-01-22, 12:31 PM
((edited, sorry ))

Kenyon
2007-01-22, 12:31 PM
Kenyon walks into Trog's, and looks surprised at how few people there are today. He gives Gwen and the people he doesn't recognize a quick wave, and takes his usual spot at the bar.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:33 PM
Gwen waves hello to Kenyon.

to Castaras, The laws and punishments are posted at the Police station. I'm sure we could add up a few if you decided to have a fight in Town.

Castaras
2007-01-22, 12:36 PM
Ferdir grins without mirth.

Oh don't worry, I refuse to fight that half-human when she uses that dagger of hers...

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:40 PM
Gwen smirks and turns back to sip her hot chocolate.

Castaras
2007-01-22, 12:42 PM
Castaras glares at Ferdir, before returning to her drink, muttering to herself.

Scared then. Scared I'll destroy his soul. Heh.

((Be back later))

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 12:50 PM
Hello Kenyon, How are you this morning?

hmmm, would he make a good addition to the group?

Kenyon
2007-01-22, 12:57 PM
Kenyon smiles to Gwen. "Doin' alright, Gwen. Just got the Dead-Eye rebuilt...again. Hopefully this time, it'll stay undemolished. I'm thinkin' about holdin' a grand-reopenin' party, too. Just not sure when a good time for that'd be."

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 01:00 PM
Evening will probably work well for a party.

Kenyon
2007-01-22, 01:03 PM
"Evenin', huh? I guess I could see that workin'..."

He pulls out his notebook, and scribbles in it.

Timberwolf
2007-01-22, 01:09 PM
Nightstar walks in to the bar and sits down at the bar, having clocked both Castaras and Gwen. She stares straight ahead and orders a Dragons Fire Breath, watching both of them in the reflections in the glasses behind the bar.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 01:09 PM
Yes, evenings in Town are usually the busiest, especially weekday evenings.

Gwen watches Nightstar walk in before sipping the rest of her hot chocolate.

Timberwolf
2007-01-22, 01:13 PM
Snowraven walks in to Trogs and starts to walk silently up behind Nightstar.

Before she can get within 6 feet, Nightstar, without turning around shouts "Snowraven, you suck !!"

Nightstar turns around, still keeping half an eye on the druid.

wxdruid
2007-01-22, 01:18 PM
Gwen waves goodbye and leaves the Tavern.

Kenyon
2007-01-22, 01:19 PM
Kenyon waves goodbye to Gwen, and orders himself an Archon Ale.

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 01:19 PM
The librarian walks into Trog's and heads straight for the bar and orders a double of Haley's liquer.

Timberwolf
2007-01-22, 01:26 PM
"No seriously, you suck. Is it any wonder you were always number 2 ? Call that sneaking up ? bah. Anyway, what do you want this time, another attempt to bring my bleeding head back to Katerina ?"

Nightstar keeps her hands where evceryone can see them.

"Not at all dear sister." Snowraven looks about as trustworthy as a shark. " I was worried about you, wanted to see where you were."

Kenyon
2007-01-22, 01:27 PM
Kenyon waves to Libris, then goes back to looking at his notebook.

Lykan
2007-01-22, 01:31 PM
Demetrius enters the bar, and orders a mug of hot cocoa. He sips it silently by himself.

Castaras
2007-01-22, 01:33 PM
Castaras carefully gets out her spellbooks, reading them quietly, though still wary of those around her.

Ferdir slowly fades into the shadows.

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 01:35 PM
The librarian waves back at Kenyon, then looks somewhat awkwardly at Demetrius.

"Hey, sorry for freaking out on you."

Lykan
2007-01-22, 01:36 PM
Demetrius looks up at her, and smiles. It's alright... Are you okay?

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 01:38 PM
Caleb walks into the tavern. He takes a seat at the bar. Noticing the librarian, he nods.

"Libris."

Castaras
2007-01-22, 01:40 PM
Castaras looks up around the tavern, eyes searching...

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 01:42 PM
"Caleb," she nods back, before turning to Demetrius. She shakes her head in a so-so sort of way.

"I'd be lying if I said I was ecstatic, but part of me's... intrigued... curious... maybe a bit frightened. Besides, there's 50 years between now and then. How goes your search for your sister?"

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 01:45 PM
Caleb orders a beer. Cosmo delivers it, and when Caleb takes a drink, he growls. Cuts appear on his cheeks and arms, and begin bleeding violently.

Lykan
2007-01-22, 01:45 PM
Demetrius gulps, a nervous look going over his face at the mention of the time frame, bt it goes back to normal after Libris brings up his sister.

Oh... Yeah, she's around. We found her a long time ago...

Castaras
2007-01-22, 01:47 PM
Not seeing the one she's after, she carries on drinking.

Nina glares at her, before she hands over a tip.

Timberwolf
2007-01-22, 01:48 PM
"yes, the same concern you displayed on Outreach, Solaris, Kentares 4, Neverwinter, Waterdeep, Sigil and all the others, being chased by you, dodging your fireballs and gunfire. Very sisterly concern, I must say. I know damn well you're working for Steiner, just say so and it'll save a lot of BS."

Snowraven looks taken aback

"Alright, she wants your head, I'll admit it but I'm not after it, not now. I was the last few times but I'm not here for it, not this time."

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 01:48 PM
"Is she well?" the librarian asks Demetrius, before looking at Caleb. "What on earth?!"

Lykan
2007-01-22, 01:51 PM
Demi shrugs. Yeah, she's doing fine... He bites his lip. Umm... I have something you should know... It's kinda important...

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 01:53 PM
Caleb falls over and hits the ground, twitching.

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 01:54 PM
"What's wrong?" the librarian asks, though she's looking at Caleb in concern. "Oh crud, why did he drink the beer?!"

Timberwolf
2007-01-22, 01:56 PM
"This does kind of beg the question of what you're here for then, if it isn't the usual."

Lykan
2007-01-22, 01:58 PM
Demi shrugs. Beats me... Maybe you should help him? I can't heal.

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 02:00 PM
The librarian summons up the only healing magic she has and casts it over Caleb.

"I can't do much more than that, but what a fool! He told me himself he mustn't drink the beer!"

Lykan
2007-01-22, 02:02 PM
Demi shrugs. His fault, then... Maybe he's being masochistic to get attention?

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 02:02 PM
Caleb's wounds slowly heal.

"Or to prove a point..."

Lykan
2007-01-22, 02:04 PM
He shrugs and turns back to his cocoa. You have your veiws, I have mine.

Timberwolf
2007-01-22, 02:07 PM
Nightstar and Snowraven exit the bar to talk. Both of them have their hands on their guns and is watching the other.

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 02:18 PM
Caleb's wounds slowly heal.

"Or to prove a point..."

"The point being...?" the librarian asks. "You made me use my only healing spell for the day."

Castaras
2007-01-22, 02:18 PM
Castaras slowly puts her black dagger in her belt.

Ferdir appears beside her, hands reaching for her dagger.

Don't even think about taking it for her, Ferdir.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 02:20 PM
Caleb shakes his head, a little confused himself.

"I'm sorry, it shouldn't have done that. It's never done that before..."

Lykan
2007-01-22, 02:20 PM
Demi grumbles and goes back to his cocoa.

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 02:22 PM
"Well it was an extremely foolhardy thing to do," the librarian says. "What if I'd already used that spell on someone else?" She turns to Demetrius. "I'm sorry, you were saying something?"

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 02:23 PM
"I'm sorry Libris..."

Chase enters the tavern and grins evily at Caleb. Having his back to the door, Caleb doesn't notice this.

Lykan
2007-01-22, 02:24 PM
Demetrius shrugs. Umm... Well... Your daughter's only a bit younger then my older sister...

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 02:28 PM
"She's... how old's your- no, no, absolutely not. I'll stick my fingers in my ears and "la" 'til my throat goes dry, but I do not want to know! Ignorance is bliss, friend. Ignorance is bliss. Mind you, you could dispel a little ignorance by giving me your name, and your siblings' names." She looks at Chase suspiciously.

"Friend of yours?" she asks Caleb, nodding at the figure.

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 02:30 PM
Caleb tilts his head at Libris.

"Hm?"

He turns just as Chase launches the sonic blast at him. Being caught off guard, Caleb takes the blast in the chest, and is thrown back into the rack of alcohol. Various cuts open on him and begin to bleed, only this time Caleb's ready for the curse. He closes his eyes and slowly, slower than when Libris just healed him, they begin to close.

"So Danvers...you really CAN'T touch alcohol...?"

Chase laughs.

Lykan
2007-01-22, 02:32 PM
Demetrius nods. I'm Demetrius, my older sister is Fallon Lin, and my older brother is Antony...

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 02:36 PM
"Your sister has a very pretty name," the librarian says, smiling at Demetrius. She glares at Chase.

"Hey, it's probably not his fault he got on the wrong side of Aesa!"

Caleb Danvers
2007-01-22, 02:37 PM
Chase answers Libris by sending a sonic blast in her direction.

Caleb opens his eyes, and a fire rages through his irises, turning his eyes pitch black. A ball of sonic energy and lightning forms in front of him and slowly grows.

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 02:37 PM
Aesa appears in Trog's, and orders a substantial amount of food from Cosmo. He raises an eyebrow and holds out a hand, and Aesa points her magic rod at him. Service first, payment after. Or I could just turn you into the gold you so desire... Cosmo scowls and goes off to get the food, leaving Aesa at the bar.

Lykan
2007-01-22, 02:38 PM
Demetrius nods. She's a very nice person...

Castaras
2007-01-22, 02:41 PM
Castaras gets up and tries to put her silver dagger at Chases throat.

One more for the police. The only one breaking the law round here is me...so don't take my job.

The_Librarian
2007-01-22, 02:43 PM
The librarian throws herself from her barstool, then gets back to her feet with a dignified air.

"I came here for a peaceful drink, godsdammit!" she snaps at Chase. She looks at Aesa. "Why are you cursing the menfolk around here?"

She turns back to Demi.

"I should think so! Her parents are too."

AmberVael
2007-01-22, 02:44 PM
Aesa smirks. What, him? She nods at Caleb. He asked for it. Literally.