PDA

View Full Version : Who has two thumbs and doesnt need a plumber?

Traab
2014-01-11, 05:28 PM
THIS GUY! lol Ugh, the nightmare is finally over. Our shower handle broke, the gears inside it were stripped or whatever and the whole thing was bent. It took us forever to figure out exactly which parts we needed, then we put it together.... upside down. Yeah, the handle was screwed up in that, instead of turning counter clockwise 3/4 of a circle from off to cold to hot, it would go about a quarter turn left or right, and only right gave us a modicum of hot water.

Ok, so it wasnt right, but it wasnt the end of the world either so we dealt with it, being poor folk who cant afford a plumber anyways. So today we got tired of dealing with half hot water and decided to tempt fate, take it apart again, and try once more. This time SUCCESS! Sorta. We got the handle facing the right way, and turning the right way, except now it apparently goes from warm to cold, not cold to hot. /sob. It took taking it apart a couple more times before I used my mental fortitude to solve the problem and we took it apart one more time and reassembled it.

1) Knob facing the right way? Check
2) Knob turning the full amount in the right direction? Check
3) Water goes from cold to hot? Check
4) Hot water is actually hot and not just warm? CHECK!!!!!

I can now take a shower again and enjoy real hot water!