PDA

View Full Version : Shou Disciple and the Flurry

GhengisConrad
2014-01-11, 09:48 PM
Acording to the list of stuff

http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1068066

Shou Disciple gets flurry of blows?

Reading through it, I see martial flurry here. Does this count as flurry of blows?

Am I missing something?

Curmudgeon
2014-01-11, 10:54 PM
No, Shou Disciple doesn't grant flurry of blows. The prestige class modifies your existing flurry of blows to work with more types of weapons, but does nothing if you don't have that ability already.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-11, 11:06 PM
That's kinda what I figured.

How abotu the way it modifies the unarmed vs light armor requirements for monk abilities... does it let me get my wis to ac while wearing light armor if I already have the ability through monk levels?

Howabout the fist of the forest ability? as it is tied to the way monk wis bonus works, does it gain the ability to beused with light armor?

AMFV
2014-01-12, 01:06 AM
It needs updated from 3.0 to 3.5 and depending on how the DM treats the "Unarmed Attack Bonus" it will vary, also if the DM allows something that has zero levels to stack with something that doesn't. Since it isn't 3.5 legal as written it needs to be updated, and so it will be a DM ruling to determine if it grants it or not.