PDA

View Full Version : Church of Banjulhu - Priests wanted, inquire within

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 12:24 AM
The god of Puppets and Manipulation, Banjulhu, is Lawful Evil. He is known as the Puppetmaster and the Stringdancer. His worshipers include necromancers, tyrants and those who manupulate others in any sort of way. The domains he is assotiated with are Evil, Knowledge, Trickery and Law. His favored weapon is the greatsword.

(My appologies to the Giant if I got this wrong, but it's what I see him as.)

As you enter the temple, you are instantly aware of a dark preseance, as if you are being watched. Preists perform their dayly duties, some glancing distrustfuly at you as you walk past them. Should you continue down the pathway, lit on either side by tourches, you will come across a large room, in the center of which stands a statue of Banjulhu, glaring down at you. In his hands are two mayonet puppets, one human and the other an elf. This room is lit by several blue orbs, in which trapped lightning dances, sending the room into flashing shadows which apear and dissapear within and instant.

If you wait long enough, a priest may ask you if you need any help. If Damian is in, you might ask if you might speak to him, you might ask to be taken to one of the alters to prey at, or you might ask one of the preists to cast a spell for you.

In a small corner of the room is a magicly hidden portal. Damian is the only one who uses this portal, and anyone else who tries gets punished. That is, if they can find it.

Priests:

Damian - High Priest
Devlin - Summons Master

Ayya the Fearsome
2007-01-22, 12:40 AM
ayya would join, but ayya is strictly freelance.

Flabbicus
2007-01-22, 12:41 AM
(No illithid or other aberrations included? Bah!)

J_Muller
2007-01-22, 01:51 AM
((Shouldn't it be rapier? Or perhaps battle-lute/banjo?))

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 10:17 AM
((Nah. The Rapiar wold probably be Banjo's weapon. Besides, I wanted Damian to be allowed to use a greatsword.))

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 05:01 PM
Damian steps through the portal, looks around, and steps back through it.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-22, 05:31 PM
*Atreyu trots into the temple, looking confused.*

"Umm...I heard this was a new temple of Banjo, but, ummm...that's a funny looking Banjo." *He whispers to one of the priests*

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 05:48 PM
The preist looks at Atreyu, and gives him a bit of a grin. "Not Banjo, but his brother Banjulhu. The two of them are... diffrent."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-22, 05:52 PM
"oh, that explains alot. I like Banjo, but this place kinda creeps me out, it doesn't have that "happy" feel to it. But I'm taking a look at Temples and trying to learn more about the whole deity process. So how is he different?"

*Atreyu keeps glancing around, not feeling safe here, but nothing seems openly hostile.*

(gotta run...I'll post from home.)

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 05:53 PM
((Ditto. See ya in a bit.))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-22, 05:57 PM
Devlin walks in in black plate armor. He has a scar across his face. Banjulhu eh? Well, if I know my brother, he probably worships this regular Banjo guy...so...sign me up. Dark god preaching and summoning is my specialty. But, now I must go. He leaves.

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 06:29 PM
"Sir, you must..." Starts one of the priests, but Vespe had already walked out.
[hr]
"Why don't you talk to our High Priest, Damian?" The preist says. "He should be here shortly. His lunch break is almost over."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-22, 06:56 PM
"Okay! That'd be great." *The llama starts to trot around and he finds and stares up at the statue.* "That is the creepiest statue I've ever seen. I hope this high priest gets here soon." *He moves to the side so the statue isn't staring directly at him.*

(nice description, Moon Called. You definately have an aura of menace around here and Banjthulu sounds creepy.)

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 07:02 PM
((Wellcome back!

Hee hee. You think so? Thanks!))

After a few minutes, Damian steps out of the portal. Looking around, he spys the llama. "Good day, sir. May I help you?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-22, 07:06 PM
*The llama bows respectfully to the high priest, his Inari holy symbol showing*
"Well...I'm not sure. I've been researching different temples and worshipping, but I don't know how to say this nicely, umm....your God is really frightening and creepy. Not at all like the Church of Banjo, like I thought it was."

Flabbicus
2007-01-22, 07:06 PM
(Nitpickery: You have Banjula written up in the opening introduction. Might want to fix that. :smallwink: And seriously, psionic dangers. :smalltongue:)

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 07:14 PM
((
(Nitpickery: You have Banjula written up in the opening introduction. Might want to fix that. :smallwink: And seriously, psionic dangers. :smalltongue:)

There you go, I fixed it. And I'm not to worried about psionic. Mostley because I have no idea what that is or how it works.))

"Ah. A follower of Inari, are you?" Damian says, observing Atreyu's amulet with interest. "Then I doubt you will find Lord Banjulhu... your choice god.

"Basicly, Banjulhu is the god of Puppets and Manipulation. He has the power to control anyone. There are some who he has granted this power to use at will, however I am not one of them. He is a darker god."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-22, 07:19 PM
*Atreyu pales but sighs whenever he hears that the high priest doesn't have such a power* Yeah, I have been known to manipulate before, but its only for pranks and such. Nothing that would be worthy of your God's notice. *Atreyu looks very nervous now*

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 07:25 PM
Damian nods. "There are some pranksters among Banjulhu's worshipers. All in all, it comes down to your choice. I cannot make you worship Banjulhu."

Flabbicus
2007-01-22, 07:28 PM
(Squid Thingy! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0030.html) That's a psionic danger.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-22, 07:31 PM
"He sounds kinda fun, but Inari probably wouldn't like it if I started worshipping Banjthulu too." *Atreyu starts to relax a bit* "If I need help with some good pranks, I'll come to you, though."

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 07:32 PM
((Gee... that helps... I still have no idea what psionics are.))

Damian smiles. "Then it's agreed. I look foreward to dealing with you in the futer."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-22, 07:38 PM
"Yup. I'll see you around then." *Atreyu rushes out of the Temple as quickly as possible without being rude.*

Flabbicus
2007-01-22, 07:41 PM
((Gee... that helps... I still have no idea what psionics are.))

Damian smiles. "Then it's agreed. I look foreward to dealing with you in the futer."

(Apologies. They are part of the srd. http://www.d20srd.org/)

Mr. Moon
2007-01-22, 07:49 PM
((Ah. Well, I'll read them latter, but I'm off for now.))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-22, 09:43 PM
Devlin walks in again. I am back. I would like to become a cleric of Banjulhu. ((Edit: here))

Mr. Moon
2007-01-23, 05:41 PM
Dmain looks up and sees Devlin. "Greatings. I am the High Priest of Banjulhu, my name is Damian."

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-23, 05:43 PM
Does Banjuhulu have some sort of battle cry? Like, blood for the puppet god or something?

Mr. Moon
2007-01-23, 05:45 PM
((

Tinderhall's player summons a grammar nazi, This ist nicht good jah, du spellt priest wrongly jah?

Would you mind deleating that? It's not relevent.))

Damian, who had never spared that much thought, shrugged. "Banjhulhu is not a blood thirsty god. He perfers to fight his battles by subtly gaining the trust of his enemies and destroying them from the inside. So no, no battlecrys as far as I am aware."

Deus Mortus
2007-01-23, 05:47 PM
((Sure, just fix the typo will you, it has been bugging me for a while now, was intending to delete it when you responded to it anyway))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-23, 05:50 PM
Hmm....alright, but I think I might use it anyway. Subtly gain the trust of his enemies and destroy them from the inside is a bit wordy for a battle cry. He smirks.

Mr. Moon
2007-01-23, 05:56 PM
Damian allows a slight chuckle to escape, but does not take it any further, not being really the type to laugh at a joke. "So what makes you think that you are worthy of becoming a Priest of Banjulhu?" He says, jumping right into the formalities.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-23, 05:59 PM
Well as you can see here, handing what appears to be a resume to Damian, I have much experience being a cleric of and summoning dark gods. You know that town out east? Blackhawk or something? How it was completely destroyed by some sort of tentacled beast from the sky? Me. All meh.

Mr. Moon
2007-01-23, 06:03 PM
"Really?" Damian took the resume and flipped through it. "I'll admit, I'm impressed." He glanced up from the resume at Devlin, and nodded. "Wellcome to the Church of Banjo, Brother Devlin."

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-23, 06:04 PM
Devlin kneels and says It is an honor. I suppose I'm the first one besides you?
((Have to go for now, post in a bit. I guess hes....reading...the Banjuhlu book...thing.))

Mr. Moon
2007-01-23, 06:08 PM
"Yes, you are. Which means that you shall take a higher rank then the others who already work here."

(Nyeh ha. NPC rights are for Good people.)

Mr. Moon
2007-01-23, 06:13 PM
((Allright. For now I'll put you as Summons Master, which basicly means that your the guy in charge of summoning things. From what you told me, it seems to fit nicely in with your character. But if you'd rather another job, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-23, 07:46 PM
A hologram of Lord Magtok floats into the temple.

A god of manipulation and deceit. Interesting...

Mr. Moon
2007-01-23, 09:49 PM
"I'm taking a lunch break." Damian announces as he strides out the door.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-23, 10:05 PM
Vespe wakes up and walks over to the altar. He opens the Book o' Banjulhu and begins chanting. A teeny tiny rift in reality opens up. It continues to get bigger as the hours pass, ever so slowly.

Mr. Moon
2007-01-23, 10:41 PM
Damian returns to the temple, looks at Devlin ((It is Devlin, right? What would Vespe be doing here?)), shrugs and continues to his own private chambers.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-24, 06:02 PM
Eventually sometime the next day, a devil pops out. Devlin says Go find Damian. I bind you to his will. Yes my lord. The devil turns into a normal looking woman and goes off to find Damian.

Amiria
2007-01-26, 01:29 PM
A lightly injured drow warrior enters the church and speaks to the next best person. "Hello, this temple looks interesting and so I entered. What services do you provide ? I was bitten by rats and now want to know if I catched some disease."

Castaras
2007-01-26, 01:34 PM
The Kitten wanders in.

Meow?

After a peeking around the temple the kitten wanders out, mewing.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-26, 05:16 PM
Devlin looks up. Hmm....I don't know if it is in Banjulhu's character to provide free healing...but, I suppose...hm. He ponders for a moment. 90 gp. To the church, of course.

Amiria
2007-01-27, 04:25 AM
The drow nods. "No problem, I didn't expect it to be free. Are you doing some kind of medical examination or do you just cast Remove Disease ?" He draws a small bag and rummages in it, then he hands a collection of gold and platinum coins and some small gems worth about 90 gp to Devlin.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 01:54 PM
The holo-Magtok watches the transaction, then hovers away to examine the temple's architecture.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-01-29, 01:43 PM
Devlin wakes up, then he walks out for a while.

An hour later, he comes back with two greatswords and tries swinging them around.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-09, 03:38 PM
*After wandering the streets awhile, swearing at the closeness of bumping into Myobi, he finds the Temple to Banjulhu and smiles. Pushing open the door and reveling in the sense of trickery, he trots in and grabs a seat, waiting for a priest, plotting what it is he wants and if they can help him.*

Lord Magtok
2007-02-09, 03:42 PM
The hologram of Magtok zooms in close to the llama, and wonders who left it to wander the streets. He then immediately figures it to be insignificant, and hovers around the temple, waiting for a priest as well.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-09, 03:45 PM
*the llama looks on at the ghost (cuz he's never seen a hologram) and gets a little nervous. the color drains from his lower legs, subconsciously, and his eyes flash red for just a second*

Lord Magtok
2007-02-09, 03:54 PM
Holo-Magtok laughs a sinister evil laugh as it notices the llama's fear out of the corner of his robotic red eye.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-09, 08:29 PM
Devlin leaves.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-11, 12:39 AM
*The llama bows before the statue of Banjulhu*
"Mighty trickster. I have a favor to ask. Recently my veiw on the world has changed. If it is discovered, there are those who would seek to change me back. Help me hide my alignment shift from them. If you would bestow upon me a charm or an item that would reflect my soul as "good" I would be in your debt. Thank you."

*The llama gets up and walks out, glancing around at the creepy shadows and worshippers as he goes.*

Mr. Moon
2007-02-11, 05:46 PM
((Erm, what? I've missed something important about Atreyu, haven't I?))

Damain enters the temple. After bowing to the statue of Banjulhu, he looks around for somehting to do.

Deathcow
2007-02-12, 09:58 PM
Ba'el enters the temple, staring around at the dark architecture.

I am a freelance priest in need of a deity. What can you tell me about this Banjulhu?

He continues to inspect the decor and the artwork.

Then again, this puppeteer-god seems too manipulative for my tastes. Are there other deities that might require my services?

Deathcow
2007-02-13, 05:37 PM
((Sorry for double posting))

Not much happens here, does it? Very well, I am new in this Town, and have much else to explore.

Ba'el exits, stage right.

V Junior
2007-02-18, 03:55 PM
A young woman enters the temple. She seems to be a half-elf; then again, you can never be sure about those who come to the temple of Banjahlu. She bows to the statue of Banjahlu.
Oh, Dark God of Trickery and Deciet, reveal unto me you High Preist, so that I may worship you in my words and thoughts.
She sits at a nearby chair. From her small flask, she drinks deeply; you cannot tell what she is drinking, though you don't think that it's water. She looks up, and you are mezmerised by her gaze.
Is the High Preist here yet? I wish to speak to him!

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-18, 05:29 PM
Devlin walks in in a cloak.

Greetings Mrs. Godmodder. My name is Devlin, and I am what could be considered the second in command here.