PDA

View Full Version : Fusion with shadesteel golem

JW86
2014-01-12, 07:32 AM
Can it be done? Fusion states a living creature, shadesteel golem is construct.

molten_dragon
2014-01-12, 07:59 AM
Can it be done? Fusion states a living creature, shadesteel golem is construct.

Nope, constructs aren't living creatures.

It might be possible to polymorph the Shadesteel golem into a living creature (Using factotum to get by its magic immunity) and then fuse with it right before the duration on polymorph ends, but there aren't really any rules that I'm aware of on what happens if you fuse with a creature and it turns into another creature during the duration of the fusion.

Chronos
2014-01-12, 08:05 AM
Cast Greater Humanoid Essence on it. Or give it the Fusion power, and have it use it on you. There are other methods; those are just the first two to come to mind.

JW86
2014-01-12, 10:57 AM
GT humanoid essence banned as no Eberron material allowed. How can I teach it a high level psionic power when it is not a psionic construction? Would appreciate other suggestions! Thank you kindly.

Somensjev
2014-01-12, 11:28 AM
PAO? if all else fails PAO it into a human, then fuse (for real shenanigans try using astral seed as well)

JW86
2014-01-12, 12:06 PM
What is PAO? :smalleek:

And yes astral seed is the existing plan :smallcool:

Somensjev
2014-01-12, 12:09 PM
Polymorph Any Object (a very useful spell)

and if you're astral seeding i would also suggest an atropal, they're bundles of fun, especially in the hands of a player

Phelix-Mu
2014-01-12, 01:32 PM
Any player that tries to astral seed suicide chain into an atropal gets a free copy of the DMG, though it might be hard for them to use if it's embedded in their forehead.

JW86
2014-01-12, 02:52 PM
Meh, DM has not trouble with me astral suiciding as long as it's to just one creature at a time, not doing it repeatedly. Although at this point he said Hagunemnon is not allowed lol. Thanks for the PAO suggestion, will give it a whirl.

Jack_Simth
2014-01-12, 03:23 PM
Meh, DM has not trouble with me astral suiciding as long as it's to just one creature at a time, not doing it repeatedly. Although at this point he said Hagunemnon is not allowed lol. Thanks for the PAO suggestion, will give it a whirl.
So... you're going to PoA a Shadesteel Golem into a critter of your own type (typically humanoid), fuse with it, dispel the PoA, Astral Seed, suicide, and spend a month rebuilding your body... to get all the Shadesteel Golem nifties?

Rather high-op campaign, that.

Oh, don't forget to pick up a couple of decorative bracelets. On one, you enchant it with Continual Flame. On the other, you use (Greater) Shadow Evocation for Continual Flame. That gives you permanent Haste and fast healing, theoretically.

Oh, and be warned: The DM has some... possibilities... for really, really causing you a headache if you go this route - fusion doesn't specify the type of the fused being (doesn't need to do so - under normal circumstances, both critters must be the same type), so you may find yourself with all the drawbacks of being a construct (including being unable to be raised).

JW86
2014-01-13, 12:03 AM
Our group is currently Level 22-26. A couple of us are Deity Rank 0. We are also, literally, Dragons. Bahamut and Tiamat are like our buddies. We are also in cahoot with a number of Gods. Our mission at this point is about saving the multiverse from what I assume to be an Elder Evil red-tentacled nasty that is destroying the planes. My Githzerai just found out today that Limbo is gone. Just gone. He happens to be a Styx Dragon. If he dies, he can simply swim 'reverse flow' through the River Styx back to life. We have a meeting with a deity representative of Logum later today to find out more about what's going on, assuming he doesn't trick us all and send us to the Far Realms for eternity or something.

It is a ridiculously epic campaign, to the point of it being somewhat homebrew, yes. :smallbiggrin:

Thank you for the help and tips.