PDA

View Full Version : Hiding lots of weapons

Ringadon
2014-01-12, 11:45 AM
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a time crunch trying to get a character finished for my next session and have run into something of a wall. I'm looking to conceal appx. 36 daggers on my character's person but still trying to have decently fast access to them. I've got gloves of holding for 2 but am still running into problems with the other 34. What I'm hoping for would be some sort of perhaps false lining for my cloak that may or may not lead to minor extra-dimensional space storing the others and I'm wondering... does such a thing exist? If not are there any other ideas for how to ferret said daggers away. They need not be too hard to find under say, stop and frisk, more sort of hard to see on him if you're thinking of getting into a fight.

Also don't recommend gloves of endless javelins reskinned, I've actually already got that. These are for if the magic turns off for some reason (think hyper-prepared rogue guy)

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-12, 11:58 AM
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a time crunch trying to get a character finished for my next session and have run into something of a wall. I'm looking to conceal appx. 36 daggers on my character's person but still trying to have decently fast access to them. I've got gloves of holding for 2 but am still running into problems with the other 34. What I'm hoping for would be some sort of perhaps false lining for my cloak that may or may not lead to minor extra-dimensional space storing the others and I'm wondering... does such a thing exist? If not are there any other ideas for how to ferret said daggers away. They need not be too hard to find under say, stop and frisk, more sort of hard to see on him if you're thinking of getting into a fight.

Also don't recommend gloves of endless javelins reskinned, I've actually already got that. These are for if the magic turns off for some reason (think hyper-prepared rogue guy)

Get a lead lined tunic, custom made with many hidden pockets and sheathes.
put a whole bunch of daggers in there. max sleight of hand.

Im pretty sure you can't access extradimensional storage in anti magic fields, but I may be wrong.

FleshrakerAbuse
2014-01-12, 12:44 PM
I beleive you want the Quiver of ehlonna, or the efficient quiver (that's the changed name).
It allows you huge amounts of storage of approximately arrow-shaped things. 60 arrow shaped things in one hole, another space with 18 javelin-sized max objects, and finally 6 bow-sized objects.
And it costs 1800 gp!

EDIT: Also, the Handy Haversack is good, and as the poster below says, so is the belt.

Morof Stonehands
2014-01-12, 12:44 PM
The Belt of Hidden Pouches from the Magic Item Compendium has 30 pockets that can hold a dagger each, command word move action to retrieve which ever one you want. Seems to be about what you are looking for.

FleshrakerAbuse
2014-01-12, 12:46 PM
Also, I suggest some items from complete scoundrel, like Boot Daggers, elbow blades, because Complete scoundrel has lists of items and special skill usages with hidden blades. There are things like fake bottoms lined with lead in the book too, and false stomachs, which allow you to carry 10 pounds of stuff with you at all times (better keep the daggers in sheaths).

Ringadon
2014-01-12, 12:50 PM
Once again I have found myself too absorbed in what has been common knowledge to myself to explain things properly. The reason I have so frigging many daggers is because I've got levels in Master Thrower and might have to unload 12 per round. As such I need something that allows me to draw said daggers as a free action that works in a dead magic zone/anti-magic field that can sill allow the daggers to not be directly visible on my person. I'm not sure such an item exists but I figure that these boards are the best place to look for help.

Sorry for not being clearer earlier. I've been so wrapped up in building this guy that I often forget to fully explain things as I've been over it too many times in my own head.

JungleChicken
2014-01-12, 12:54 PM
The Belt of Hidden Pouches from the Magic Item Compendium has 30 pockets that can hold a dagger each, command word move action to retrieve which ever one you want. Seems to be about what you are looking for.

This isn't even a hard push for a DM to allow as a pocketed cloak instead of a belt..maybe just add 500 to the value for not being as common an item

Uncle Pine
2014-01-12, 01:11 PM
Just hang them on your belt? :smallconfused:
I don't think there is any limit on how many items/weapons you can carry "on yourself" if you're not trying to conceal them and you have enough Str to carry them. If the barbarian can carry a longbow, a greatsword, a quiver and a bag of holding "on his back", why shouldn't you be able to carry <insert a number> daggers on your belt? You're a player after all, you should have access to a player inventory (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlayerInventory).

Ringadon
2014-01-12, 01:13 PM
Just hang them on your belt? :smallconfused:
I don't think there is any limit on how many items/weapons you can carry "on yourself" if you're not trying to conceal them and you have enough Str to carry them. If the barbarian can carry a longbow, a greatsword, a quiver and a bag of holding "on his back", why shouldn't you be able to carry <insert a number> daggers on your belt? You're a player after all, you should have access to a player inventory (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlayerInventory).

This solution would be fine but I've got a thing about making this guy appear entirely unarmed. It's part of the backstory.

JungleChicken
2014-01-12, 01:36 PM
I wonder if you could finagle a home brew from your DM.

Maybe a bandolier or a cloak with the glamoured enchant. It appears as a mundane belt or cloak but the affixed weapons aren't normally visible.

Again thematically if you can make full plate look like a sweater you should be able to argue for this

Uncle Pine
2014-01-12, 01:43 PM
Hoard gullet could work, since you'll only need those daggers if you find yourself in an antimagic field/dead magic zone. Buy a custom item of hoard gullet at will (CL 1) and a contingency dispel magic. Set the contingency to cast dispel magic on yourself as soon as you enter an antimagic field or a dead magic zone. Next time you'll enter such a zone, the contingency will trigger and hoard gullet will instantly end, leaving you with all your dagger on hand ready to be thrown.
Pointy daggers are dangerous to swallow though, so you'll need swallow a sack full of daggers instead.

Alefiend
2014-01-12, 03:23 PM
Since you want something that doesn't rely on magic, just wear a bandolier (or two) of daggers with a poncho, serape, or other cloak-like object over it. Look like the Clint Eastwood "Man With No Name" if you like. That should get you 10 or more right there.

Other locations include:

A pair of sheathes suspended from a necklace or other cord—one down the back of your neck, the other on your chest.
Strapped to your upper ribcage under your arms, and you wear a loose shirt or one with a well concealed opening, like the fly of your underpants.
In a broad sash around your waist.
In sheathes built into your boots.

Ask if you can cram more knives into the same amount of space by using smaller ones, possibly made for smaller races.

Many years ago, I saw an article in a firearms magazine where the writer tried to conceal as many handguns as possible underneath a tuxedo or other suit. I couldn't find the article despite a diligent Google search, but you can try this instead (http://www.google.com/imgres?start=73&sa=X&rlz=1C1MSIM_enUS563US563&espv=210&es_sm=122&biw=1920&bih=954&tbm=isch&tbnid=-kgxaa2CZ0EA4M%3A&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.al.com%2Fspotnews%2F20 12%2F10%2Farmed_in_alabama_fully_loaded.html&docid=-qnX58ZHy_Qh_M&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.al.com%2Fspotnews%2Fphot o%2Fnew-armed-to-the-hiltjpg-3e87790ad59a13ca.jpg&w=857&h=1554&ei=E_jSUrLLBdPnkAear4CQDA&zoom=1&ved=0CBQQhBwwBThk&iact=rc&dur=1482&page=3&ndsp=36) for inspiration.

Slipperychicken
2014-01-12, 04:12 PM
Use Sleight of Hand to conceal them, use baggy clothes to get a +2 on the check. Frisking just gives a bonus on a search check to find them.

limejuicepowder
2014-01-12, 04:16 PM
Use Sleight of Hand to conceal them, use baggy clothes to get a +2 on the check. Frisking just gives a bonus on a search check to find them.

I don't think they'd be available to throw, though. Doesn't it take extra time to get something that's been hidden?

JungleChicken
2014-01-12, 05:29 PM
Still say a glamoured bandoleer of daggers. The ability to hold daggers isn't magic just the illusion that there are non there

Skysaber
2014-01-12, 08:52 PM
One of the best ways would be to put them where you'd normally have daggers ready to reach for (belt, etc) but have them under Shrink Item. Normally they are so small they pass for decorative ornaments if people can see them at all (which you can work to expand on by deliberately incorporating them in a decoration scheme). But in antimagic they expand to full size and are ready for use.

Invader
2014-01-12, 09:30 PM
Perhaps Jarlaxle will sell you his bracers :smallamused:

Zirconia
2014-01-13, 03:31 PM
One of the best ways would be to put them where you'd normally have daggers ready to reach for (belt, etc) but have them under Shrink Item. Normally they are so small they pass for decorative ornaments if people can see them at all (which you can work to expand on by deliberately incorporating them in a decoration scheme). But in antimagic they expand to full size and are ready for use.

This could work well; Shrunk items can also be expanded with a command word, in case you need access when not in the anti-magic field. Just pick up an Eternal Wand of Shrink Item, or cut the cost further by making it 1 charge/day instead of 2, Shrink Item by default is 1 day/level. You could even have 2 bandoliers/belts/whatever, and alternate Shrinks each day with your 1 charge/day. No need to rely on timing subtleties with contingencies and Dispel Magics.

Harlot
2014-01-13, 03:48 PM
couldn't you just have a number of daggers with the 'returning' ability?

Returning
This special ability can only be placed on a weapon that can be thrown. A returning weapon flies through the air back to the creature that threw it. It returns to the thrower just before the creature’s next turn (and is therefore ready to use again in that turn).

Catching a returning weapon when it comes back is a free action. If the character can’t catch it, or if the character has moved since throwing it, the weapon drops to the ground in the square from which it was thrown.

Moderate transmutation; CL 7th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, telekinesis; Price +1 bonus.
Then you don't need that much storage ...