PDA

View Full Version : Tell me a story of the time you used Trickery Devotion

Mr Adventurer
2014-01-12, 01:34 PM
So I've been looking at this feat and it could be really fun. Have you ever used it? If so I would love to hear what shenanigans you got up to with it. Or if you know how you WOULD use it, or would like to, I'd be interested in hearing that too. There must be some good stories out there involving a fake duplicate :).

Venger
2014-01-12, 05:22 PM
So I've been looking at this feat and it could be really fun. Have you ever used it? If so I would love to hear what shenanigans you got up to with it. Or if you know how you WOULD use it, or would like to, I'd be interested in hearing that too. There must be some good stories out there involving a fake duplicate :).

Trickery devotion is one of the feats that rewards creativity the absolute most, especially with how much it scales as you level up.

I used it once when playing a combat trapsmith (well, more than once, obviously) and once it had enough power to interact with objects, set off a ton of scorcher traps to blow up an enemy when he stepped in the right place at the right time. Good times were had by all.

They're extraordinary traptrippers for combat trapsmiths, and can make laying mines and the like much easier. Invaluable for a party's sneak or sneaklite (factotum, incarnate, etc)

Mr Adventurer
2014-01-13, 08:50 PM
Oh wow, using it to trigger your own traps is pretty awesome! You could do this even without combat trapsmithery, if you could prepare the combat area ahead of time.