PDA

View Full Version : "Maybe This World is Another Planet's Hell!"

Malachi Lemont
2014-01-12, 03:07 PM
I woke up this morning feeling hungry. But it was not the hunger of a living man, but that of a dead man - a hunger that cannot be quenched, for I soon found out that in this world I can neither eat nor drink nor sleep. I am but an illusion, a trick of the mind, that vanishes before you have time to look me in the eye. I see hundreds, no, thousands of people crossing the street, or driving their steel wagons that have no horses, and I call out to them, longing for answers about this place to which I have fallen. But they simply turn away, or cry out in fear, "A ghost! A ghost!" For that is what I am. I am not of this world, but I am in it. And, by the accursed wrath of The Eternal Mother and all her kind, I will remain here for all eternity.

Speak to me, someone! Keep my mind alive even though my body has died. Ask me a question, and do not worry if they call you a madman, for those who do not believe will never see me. I am just a voice in the air, a spirit trapped in this vast and noisy world. Help me to make some sense of it all!

OOC:
We are building a world by asking questions. Ask me anything about the world I am from. I tried to leave lots of plot hooks. Also, the title quote is by Aldous Huxley.

Mordokai
2014-01-12, 03:27 PM
What is the last thing you remember?

Malachi Lemont
2014-01-12, 03:33 PM
What is the last thing you remember?

Fire. Only fire. The engines must have exploded, for the chamber was filled with it. I could tell the airship was going down, so I turned to Naomi beside me and tried to shout "I'm sorry," but the roar of the flames muffled my voice. The last thing I remember is her face, engulfed by fire, staring at me with a cold and beautiful glare. Then I felt a wave of enormous pain. I screamed, and everything was gone.

Then I awoke. Here.

Shyftir
2014-01-12, 03:41 PM
What powered your airship?

Mordokai
2014-01-12, 03:43 PM
What was the cargo of the airship? Where did you come from and where were you going? What were your orders?

What was your position amongst the crew? And who is this Naomi you speak of?

Malachi Lemont
2014-01-12, 03:52 PM
What powered your airship?

The aether of the Other Place. It is a wonderful and terrible substance.

Malachi Lemont
2014-01-12, 03:59 PM
What was the cargo of the airship? Where did you come from and where were you going? What were your orders?

What was your position amongst the crew? And who is this Naomi you speak of?

We tried in vain to escape safely from the capital, alas, the rebels were too quick. As Lord Commander of the Royal Airfleet, my job was to provide a decoy so that the Royal family could escape. I begged Naomi to come with me, for I did not want her to be caught in the city when the rebels overtook it, which I knew they would. I promised her that her son would be safe, but she wanted to stay behind. I had to call in the guard to get her aboard the airship. It pained me to do so, but I knew that what waited for her back there was much worse. She hated me for it. She wanted to kill me, I could see it in her eyes, but there was no going back.

We had been in the air scarcely half an hour when the first arrow hit our ship. My only hope is that the Queen and her family escaped, and that Naomi's son is with them. That hope sustains me, even in my death. And I hope that Naomi is in better place than I.

GorinichSerpant
2014-01-13, 10:08 PM
Can you describe these arrows? Their size, shape and what they are made of. Also how big was the airship, and was it made of wood, metal or something else?

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-14, 12:41 AM
What is The Eternal Mother?

Why was there a rebellion? What was their gerivence?

C.J.Geringer
2014-01-15, 03:34 PM
I love this exercise. It is among my favorite ways to worldbuild.

where were you escaping to?

C.J.Geringer
2014-01-15, 03:41 PM
how do we, who ask you questions, look to you?

Rephath
2014-01-22, 03:21 PM
For what reason were you condemned to this existence?

Tell me more about the war or rebellion.

Can you pass the salt?