PDA

View Full Version : What Path past DMM and Persist?

MindSculptor
2014-01-12, 07:04 PM
So, I'm just looking for some suggestions for feat path's past DMM and Persist.

Human Cleric, now 6th level.
6 feats: Extend Spell, Extra Turning, Knowledge Devotion, Persistent Spell, DMM(Persistent Spell), and Extra Turning.
ACF: Rebuke Dragons
Str: 16
Dex: 12
Con: 13
Int: 10
Wis: 18
Cha: 17
My leveling path will be Cloistered Cleric 7/ Sacred Exorcist 1/ Dread Necromancer 1/ Sacred Exorcist 1/ Contemplative 1
Right now I have 14 turn attempts.
I will be shooting for Divine Power, Righteous Might, and Freedom of Movement.
At level 9 I should be able to persist at least 6 spells daily.

Please help me out! This is as far as I have gotten and I am ready to start progressing further but am completely lost!

tyckspoon
2014-01-12, 07:26 PM
Extra turning, extra turning, extra turning, and once you have those, consider extra turning. It's dull, but power-wise there isn't much you can get from feats that is better than expanding your set of persisted buffs.

MindSculptor
2014-01-12, 08:03 PM
I'm trying to Not do that at this point though... Haha.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-12, 08:10 PM
If you want more ways to use your giant Turn pool, you could grab Quicken Spell and DMM: Quicken.

Otherwise... combat feats like Power Attack and Holy Warrior, or caster feats like Spontaneous Domains, Craft Contingent Spell, that sort of thing.

Rebel7284
2014-01-12, 11:37 PM
Sacred Exorcist has to be good, Dread Necromancer has to be non-good. How are you getting that to work? I mean, you can always pick up the evil subtype to qualify, but that's expensive and a little awkward for a good cleric. :P

Initiate of Mystra is always a popular feat.

Magical Training is good if you want to enter Dweomerkeeper, and really, why wouldn't you want to?

Planar Touchstone [Catalogues of Enlightment] for the Undeath domain can be an amusing alternative to more Extra Turning. You get the feat AND can cast the domain spells a few times a year.

Craft [whichever you need to make Nightsticks] for obvious reasons. =)

Reserves of Strength to push up your spell cap (some interpret it as removing spell caps completely).

Mother Cyst because Necrotic Empowerment is a silly, silly spell.

Kennisiou
2014-01-12, 11:59 PM
Sacred Exorcist has to be good, Dread Necromancer has to be non-good. How are you getting that to work? I mean, you can always pick up the evil subtype to qualify, but that's expensive and a little awkward for a good cleric. :P

Dread Necro has no alignment requirements unless there's some errata correcting that that I'm missing.

Morof Stonehands
2014-01-13, 12:03 AM
It's in the alignment section. "No Dread Necromancer can have a good alignment."

MindSculptor
2014-01-13, 03:58 PM
I'm just using an adaptation of the Sacred Exorcist of a neutral church of a neutral deity... Simple enough to remove that prerequisite. (I might even take some kind of flaw to the actual class as long as I get the Turn attempts.)

I was thinking about Quicken Spell and possibly a combination of Reach Spell and Chain Spell.

Then I was thinking about going to Power attack route.

Dweomerkeeper is something I probably should have planned from the start with my domains if I was going to take that. Definitely a good choice to finish out with. Not sure if I will meet the requirements by 10th level to take that class. They are awesome for Clerics that don't want their buffs dispelled though...

I will look into all the options you have all provided me. Thank you.

Please continue to contribute if anyone has anything on their mind! :D