PDA

View Full Version : Player "homebase" in Dragon or Dungeon question.

cowsay
2014-01-12, 10:04 PM
I thought I remembered reading a published piece in either Dungeon or Dragon, which involved the players acquiring a building that they could fix up and use as a headquarters in town. While I realize that this is always a possibility for any town, I remember this as an intended aspect to complement the rest of an adventure. Does anyone else remember this and can you point me to it? I would be much obliged.

ExcessiveFarce
2014-01-12, 10:41 PM
This was neither Dungeon nor Dragon magazine, but the Stronghold Builder's Handbook was pretty much devoted to structures, with feats like Landlord and such intended to make them more accessible to PCs. Hopefully even though it's not what you were looking for you can find some ideas from skimming it.

cowsay
2014-01-13, 08:09 PM
A good suggestion. I'll check it out. But I'm really on the hunt for that article. I had remembered thinking it was clever. I think it was an option for another adventure. I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

Larkas
2014-01-13, 09:02 PM
By checking the DragonDex (http://www.aeolia.net/dragondex/articles-subject.html), I could find a few. Ctrl-F "home base" and you should find what you're looking for!

cowsay
2014-01-13, 09:46 PM
Thanks so much. I think you have put me on the right track. That article in Dragon 333 may be it indeed. I'll have go to down to the basement when I get home and check it out. Much obliged.