PDA

View Full Version : Armas vs Iria Aurora Nova (The Crowd Calls for Blood)

OMG PONIES
2014-01-12, 10:28 PM
The crowd is in an uproar as the two contestants are brought into the arena and unshackled in their opposing corners. The gigantic gates behind each of them would usually close with a deafening din of metal and stone, but any sound the gates would make is drowned out by those seeking entertainment. Both of them knew to expect this, but actually experiencing it was something else entirely. As the two fighters prepare to defend their lives, Iria is the first off the blocks!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/28/w0ox.jpg

Initiative Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16778591#post16778591)

Okay, Gem Knight, you're up!

Gem_Knight
2014-01-13, 01:23 AM
Iria takes a calming moment, opening her wings and flourishing her chain. She then leaps straight up into the air and coasts gently gliding down.

In order:

Standard Action: Perform (Weapon Drill)
[roll0]

Swift Action

Tiger Claw Maneuver: Sudden Leap
[roll1] Leap up 8ft

Move action, Glide forward 20ft and down 5ft
Ending in square D17 3 feet up

So- the chart in the PH appears to go +4DC per foot, using this logic I can be 10ft up though the chart only goes to 8ft [implied pattern, no obvious line I can see suggesting further is impossible- will check EHL in a moment]

So I'm a derp and missed that the chart below despite being all about reach is also mentioning the limiter for the height of a jump for a medium creature... bleh- kinda makes jumping up suck but whatever...

Umbranar
2014-01-13, 11:47 AM
Armas, hold up his 4 claws in the air challenging his winged oppenent.
Then seems to concentrate for a second before moving forward.

DM only:
Essentia distribution:
Girallon Arms: 3 (+6 climb and grapple, 22 total)
Totem Armor: 2 (+2 natural armor, improves existing)
Blink Shirt: 1 (+10 ft dimension door with blink shirt as standard action, 20 total)
Sedu Crown: 0

Action Breakdown
Swift, allocate Essentia
Double move to L9

OMG PONIES
2014-01-14, 06:57 AM
Iria attempts to impress the crowd with an elaborate weapon drill, but she bobbles the maneuver and nearly drops her weapon on the ground. Instead of applauding, some in the crowd laugh at her failure. Others sit silently, hoping that her abilities outweigh her showmanship. With an elaborate flourish she leaps into the air and glides back to the ground. Meanwhile, her opponent draws closer without any of the same spectacle.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/809/1llq.jpg

@Umbranar:
Since your Totem Avatar isn't bound to your totem chakra, you don't gain the totemist's +1 meldshaper level on it. Therefore, you gain 6 HP from Totem Avatar instead of 7, bringing your current total to 72.

@Gem Knight:
Without a running start, the DC for an 8 ft high jump is 64. You've failed the check and as such have leapt 5 ft into the air. Since you can glide 20 ft forward for every 5 ft descent, you're back on the ground in D17

Gem_Knight
2014-01-14, 09:01 PM
Meh, guess it's only useful for horizontal movement then.

Iria frowns at her own nonplussed performance, so much for making things easy. She shrugs her shoulders and pushes with her wings flying straight up into the sky.

double move; flying up and forward at a 60 degree angle 15 feet up, 10 feet forward repeated twice so that I'm 30ft up on G14

Consecutive Rounds spent flying: 1
Total Rounds spent flying: 1

Active Stance: Stance of Clarity: +2 AC vs. Declared Target, -2 AC v. all others {Target: Armas} AC v. Armas: 21
Manuvers: [x]Used/Ready[]
[x]Sudden Leap
[] Moment of Perfect Clarity
[] Mountain Hammer Strike
[] Iron Heart Surge

I've Decided, Flight Maneuverability Rules might almost me as complex as actual flight xD kidding of course; so... multiple revisions but I think I've got a valid move now... Very Sorry for much confusion, usually if I used a flying creature I was DMing and strafing, except for one game in which I beat an overpowered demon with a pair of Ray of Stupidity-s while flying and trying to stay out of reach...

Umbranar
2014-01-15, 04:40 AM
Armas frowns at his opponent in the air, then takes a potion from his belt and drinks it.

OOC
If you are what I think you are, can you even fly straight up, keeping Flight Maneuverability in mind? I dont know what your Flight speed it but it must be 60 atleast to get to 60 ft height in a double move.

Action breakdown:

Move-Take potion from belt
Standard- Drink potion

DM only
Taking an Elixer of Firebreath, see SRD.

Gem_Knight
2014-01-15, 02:45 PM
where are the rules on that and I'll let you know if i screwed up. i do have flight proper though.

Edit*
After consulting the SRD I will revise my previous post
I apologize for the confusion.

OMG PONIES
2014-01-20, 11:08 AM
Iria flaps her wings, desperately hoping to gain the loft she's looking for. She ascends as she nears the middle of the arena while her opponent stays in place and quaffs a potion of some sort.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/839/nyx4.jpg

Gem_Knight, you're up. Feel free to post unless there are questions; I'll check in occasionally to keep the map updated and such.

Gem_Knight
2014-01-20, 07:16 PM
Iria drifts down gliding towards her opponent almost lazily, sizing him up as she does. She then reaches her long arms in a wide swing.

Move: drift down 10 ft during 30ft of forward motion, ending 20ft up on K10
Standard: [See Below] Attack Roll: [roll0]

Damage if hit: [roll1] + [roll2]
If crit to confirm [roll3]
critical damage [roll4]

Mountain Hammer; Stone Dragon 2; Standard action: Ignore DR and deal additional 2d6 damage

OMG PONIES
2014-01-23, 08:45 AM
Iria drifts downward and toward her opponent, letting the cruel force of gravity assist with her attack. Her unnaturally long arms swing her spiked chain in an arcing downward movement, and for a moment the light of the sun twinkles off the pointed barbs along the length of the weapon. Any ability to revel in the beauty of the moment is thwarted as the blow connects with Armas' skull. It sends him reeling for a moment, but he brushes himself off and responds. The crowd goes wild, both with the winged warrior's resounding blow and her earthbound opponent's resolve.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/191/uau9.jpg

The crowd is now friendly to Iria (+1 morale bonus on attacks and damage)!

Umbranar, you're up!

Umbranar
2014-01-24, 10:59 AM
Armas grimaces as blood seeps over his face.
Come and face me down here coward!

He then spits fire to his foe!

Action Breakdown: !!!Possible AoO!!!

Move Action: take tanglefoot bag from beltpouch
Standard action: trow tanglefoot bag
Attack roll (ranged touch): [roll0] (incl -2 range incr)

DM only:
HP: 50/72
Updated sheet with HP and tanglefoot bag count

Armas curses as the tanglefoot bag misses his foe.

Gem_Knight
2014-01-24, 11:36 PM
Iria swings again and scoffs, "You question my valor- perhaps if you were worthy you might join me in embracing the freedom of the skies."

((I'm assuming it's from making a ranged attack within her melee threat- yes))

attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]
If threat [roll2]
crit damage [roll3] (I assume the morale bonus doesn't multiply? If it does then +1 more)

Umbranar
2014-01-27, 04:59 AM
OOC
Yes it is from making ranged attack within your reach but you missed. Your turn :smallbiggrin:

Gem_Knight
2014-01-27, 03:47 PM
Iria gently costs around Armas while taking a brief moment of focus, then unleashes with her chain once more.

Movement: Glide into square N9 at a height of 15 feet
Swift: [see below]
Standard: [See below/Attack] [roll0]

Damage if hit [roll1]
Threat confirmation if any [roll2]
critical damage [roll3]

Swift: focus to refresh manuvers
Standard: standard attack flourish to refresh maneuvers (The book says basic attack or flourish, I'm calling it a showy flourishing attack xD)

Edit* Explains the low roll >.<; spent too much time trying to be showy and missed...

PS... flight movement rules are kicking my butt actually... what good is a +6 BAB when I can't use it unless I want to fall.... not that the 1 or 2 d6 falling damage is critical- but yeash...

OMG PONIES
2014-01-28, 10:12 AM
It's a spectacle of misses as Armas' tanglefoot bag sails uselessly across the arena and Iria's showy flourish scrapes against nothing but stone. The crowd is still looking for something to connect, but some in the audience are getting bored with the theatrics. "This ain't the theater, it's the arena!" one shouts. "Yeah!" calls the drunken voice next to him. "Wewanna see shome fighting, not danshing!"

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/545/89fg.jpg

Umbranar, you're up!

OMG PONIES
2014-01-30, 07:02 AM
Armas is up, Umbranar. Failure to post by Saturday will result in delayed initiative and Iria's turn.

Umbranar
2014-01-30, 03:55 PM
Guess ill have to force you down then!
Armas breathes in deeply and spits a gout of flame at his oppenent.

Action Breakdown:
Standard action: Spit flame
[roll0]
Reflex 13 halves damage

Gem_Knight
2014-01-30, 08:23 PM
Iria laughs, "Thats the best you got, maybe I'll stretch my wings some more."

she glides around for another swing

Reflex save [roll0]

Move: Glide into J8 10 feet up.
Standard: [See Spoiler] Attack [roll1]

Damage [roll2]
threat if any [roll3]
crit damage [roll4]

My net is down at home- I will be slow to post since I'll only have net at the local cafe for the next I don't know how long >.<;;;

Gem_Knight
2014-01-30, 08:26 PM
In my rush to post I Screwed up

Standard action was supposed to be Mountain Hammer manuver, thus the see spoiler note >.<

[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2014-02-01, 08:48 PM
Armas lets forth a blazing fire from his lungs, but his opponent lifts a wing and evades the hotter half of the blaze. Her wings are still singed, but it doesn't prevent her from gliding over Armas' head and lashing out with her chain, catching him on the arm.

http://imageshack.com/a/img707/3984/u9kp.jpg

Armas' firebreath deals 5 fire damage to Iria, who responds by striking Armas for 8 damage! Umbranar, you're up.

Sorry, I can't allow the announcement of a maneuver being initiated after the attack roll has been resolved. It could open a can of worms. I hope you understand.

Umbranar
2014-02-05, 12:21 AM
Action breakdown:
move action: take a tanglefoot bag from a belt pouch.
standard action: ready action

Readied action dm only:
when Iria is witin 8 ft of the ground Imove to her. According to jump srd a medium creature can reach 8 ft without jumping.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-05, 07:06 PM
Iria looks down at the ground, then with a huff, she pushes her wings, lifting up again.

Double move up and over and around, going up 15 feet, for a total of 25 feet up and ending on square M7. 25 feet up.

Consecutive rounds flying: 1
Total rounds flying: 2/100

as an aside, lest I be accused of cheating- I don't need to peek at anything to get the jist- he's waiting to throw the bag based on some trigger or other- my choice to fly is based on staying out of melee reach of him. If I drop below 10ft I'm in his reach. If that triggers his move- then I'll get an AoO, if not, then his loss.

OMG PONIES
2014-02-05, 09:30 PM
Both contestants begin playing a safer game, each evading the maneuvers of the other. Armas draws a tanglefoot bag and awaits a move that never comes as Iria flaps her wings and continues to ascend away from her foe.

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/3541/16qm.jpg

Umbranar, you're up!

Umbranar
2014-02-07, 06:32 AM
You wretched winged coward, BURN!

Armas inhales once more and spits another gout of flame

Action breakdown

Standard action: Spit gout of flame
[roll0]
reflex save 13 for half damage
free action: 5ft step to M8

Gem_Knight
2014-02-08, 11:07 PM
Iria smiles, "I'll say it again, if you were worthy you'd be up here with me," she teases, gliding around him.

Reflexes: [roll0]

Movement: Glide down and around ending on M9 at 20ft up
Standard: {Spoiler} Attack [roll1]

Damage: [roll2] plus [roll3]
If Threat [roll4]
Then add [roll5]

Mountain Hammer technique

Umbranar
2014-02-09, 05:19 AM
Clearly hurt and bleeding, Armas steps closer and trows his bag.

Action breakdown (provoking AoO)

Free action: 5ft step
Standard: ranged touch attack [roll0]
If hit reflex dc 15 required to avoid immobilize and unable to fly. Even on success your entangled.
move: take another bag from a belt pouch

Umbranar
2014-02-09, 05:22 AM
Sorry for double post but if your hit the bag wears off in [roll0] rounds.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-09, 03:34 PM
Attack [roll[1d20+10[/roll]

Damage [roll0]
If Threat [roll1]
Damage2 [roll2]

[roll3]

Gem_Knight
2014-02-09, 03:35 PM
dag-blasted typo

attack roll redux [roll0]

Gem_Knight
2014-02-09, 03:51 PM
I dunno if I'm allowed to use both- I had another DM that let me use both to reduce up to 2d6 damage- but if I can't then just take the first- the jump check. In case I can use both I'll roll both so I don't have to have even more posts >.<;;

Jump [roll0]
Tumble [roll1]

Either way upon landing Iria jumps back and {further actions dictated by the results of the jump.}

Sudden Leap manuver

Swift {special} Jump [roll2]
Move: TBD
Standard: TDB

Gem_Knight
2014-02-09, 03:55 PM
OCC:

>.<;

also- Tumble to avoid AoO assuming I'm allowed since I didn't put it in the previous post >.<;;;

Tumble [roll0]

Ya know- the Sudden Leap says I can make the jump as a swift, but it doesn't say anything useful in terms of what chart to use since it's assumed the maneuver lets me instantly jump- but it doesn't say it comes with an automatically assumed running start (there's a manuver for that) so I actually have no idea how far I jumped >.< and thus can't complete the rest of my turn until I know?

Edit I'm blond... sorry- with no running start just double the DC so with a 43 I went 20ft back, which is perfect.

Edit:
to opponent: I draw an AoO I belive- even if the Tumble is allowed I think the DC is 15, your action will probably dictate mine.

Umbranar
2014-02-10, 03:42 AM
Armas grins as his opppenent falls to the ground and moves away.

Now we play on my turf!

AoO
Initiate a grapple
Melee touch (provoke no AoO due to improved grapple) [roll0]
If hit: opposed grapple check: [roll1]

Awaiting result of grapple check in order to see how this goes on.

DM only:
Hitpoints: 25/73

Gem_Knight
2014-02-10, 03:13 PM
Opposed Grapple [roll0]

first, if my opponent chooses 'damage the opponent' option instead of 'making an attack' does that still count as being 'attacked' in order to trigger my immediate action item?

I'm assuming I can't use it right now because I used a swift action this turn- or would it count against my swift action /next/ turn? I'm assuming because I am in the middle of my current turn I can't use it though. Is this correct?

Clarification- because we're grappling neither of us provoke right? so if I attack him unarmed he doesn't get to make an AoO?

Swift: {Special} jump (See above posts) Interrupted by grapple
Standard: TBD
Move: TBD

OMG PONIES
2014-02-11, 09:28 PM
Iria falls to the ground, her wings folding under the weight of Armas' tanglefoot bag. While her muscular calves absorb the bulk of the force, the impact causes some shock to her system. She attempts to spring from the ground again, but her opponent catches her in a massive bear hug and begins squeezing.

http://i61.tinypic.com/34pgo4y.jpg

[roll0]

To respond to your questions:
If your opponent damages you via a grapple, it doesn’t count as "being attacked." From the D&D Glossary: "The outcome of an attack is determined by an attack roll."
Your assumption is correct. While it's still your turn, you can't use an immediate action (since you've used your swift for Sudden Leap). Once it's your opponent's turn, you can use your immediate action but it takes away your swift action from your next turn.
Correct, neither of you can take AoOs while grappling.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-11, 10:01 PM
"Fine, have it your way," she rams her head into him and then jars her shoulder at him.

Swift: See above posts
Full-round: Full unarmed attack (would provoke if opponent wasn't in grapple with her)

First Iterative [roll0]
Damage (subdual) [roll1]
If threat [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Second Iterative [roll4]
Damage (subdual) [roll5]
If threat [roll6]
damage [roll7]

Umbranar
2014-02-12, 01:53 AM
Aarghh! Oohw we will have it my way now!

Action Breakdown
Full round attack:
Primary Claw
Attack: [roll0] (taking -4 to attack roll to attack)
Damage: [roll1]
Crit confirm (20 only): [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

3 secondary Claws
Attack: [roll4] (taking -4 to attack roll to attack)
Damage: [roll5]
Crit confirm (20 only): [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Attack: [roll8] (taking -4 to attack roll to attack)
Damage: [roll9]
Crit confirm (20 only): [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Attack: [roll12] (taking -4 to attack roll to attack)
Damage: [roll13]
Crit confirm (20 only): [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]

ooc: those rolls :smalleek:

Gem_Knight
2014-02-12, 04:55 AM
"HA!"

Iria cries out in triumph as she seems to vanish before Armas' eyes, appearing a short distance away. She then shouts a victory cry as {specific results pend on GM ruling}

Immediate Action (On Armas' turn): Activate Magic Item {Spoiler-ed below}
Activating Shadow Cloak to teleport to k11, using one of it's three charges
Standard action: Activate maneuver {Spoiler-ed}
Activating Iron Heart Surge to end the Tanglefoot Bag status immobilizing my wings {Specifics depend on GM ruling, does this end all the effects- Entangled and unable to fly- or am I still entangled but able to fly- or am I still unable to fly but no longer entangled?}

Also gaining +2 morale bonus to attacks only until end of next turn (presumably not stacking with crowd status)

Free action: Ready Chain in both hands (Since I would have had to let go with one hand in the prior turn).
Move action: Pending GM ruling?

Umbranar
2014-02-12, 06:19 AM
ooc: if you can fly after IHS then I forfeit, cant take much more hit and runs :smallbiggrin:

Gem_Knight
2014-02-12, 06:30 AM
OOC: In that case even if I can't fly now that I'm out of grapple let me share two words with you and see what it does for your disposition: Stand Still.

Umbranar
2014-02-12, 06:36 AM
Ooc: not that i would use it but if i notice stand still: blink shirt :smallbiggrin:

Still good point I forfeit in advance, good game.

OMG PONIES
2014-02-13, 10:02 PM
The two competitors furiously claw at each other, but they know that it's no way for either of them to win the battle. Instead, Iria teleports away with but a word and shrugs off the goo covering her wings. Armas looks like he's about to give up, but the crowd starts jeering: "Come on kid," one shouts, "we didn't pay to see you quit!"

The command word Iria spoke activated a shadow cloak

http://i59.tinypic.com/144cuba.jpg

K11 is actually 15 feet away (since diagonal movement follows a 5-10-5-10 pattern in D&D). Instead, I've placed you in L11.

Gem Knight, feel free to take a move action. It's then Umbranar's turn.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-13, 10:44 PM
OOC: that's okay, I either mistyped or misread because that's where i meant to be anyway xD

and I guess if Umbranar still wants to play I can post just in case...

Iria opens her blessed wings to freedom and flies up to M14 (15 feet up).

Umbranar
2014-02-14, 04:38 AM
Bloody and barely standing Armas steps away, takes a potion from a belt puch and tries to drink it.

Action breakdown -dont think you can reach me but I might provoke an AoO
Free action: 5ft step N8
Move action: take potion from belt pouch
Standard action: drink potion
Free action: drop empty flask

Potion Effect
cure moderate wounds [roll0]

DM only:
HP36/72
non-lethal damage is cured.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-14, 05:42 AM
Iria Sweeps her wings for another pass.

Move: fly up 5ft to M8 (total 20ft up)
Swift: Prepare to refresh maneuvers
Standard: Attack/Refresh Maneuvers [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Threat [roll2]
critical damage: [roll3]

consecutive rounds flying: 2
total rounds flying: 5/100

Umbranar
2014-02-14, 06:13 AM
The effect of the potion was short lived as Armas gets hit hard.
He again draws a tanglefoot bag, steps under Iria and trows the bag at his opponent.

Action breakdown -AoO for you-
Free action: 5ft step to M8
Move action: draw tanglefoot bag from beltpouch
Standard: trow tanglefoot bag
attack (ranged touch): [roll0]
Relflex DC 15 required
Failed: cant fly and entangled (-2 to attacks, -4 dex penalty)
Success: engtangled (-2 to attacks, -4 dex penalty)
duration on hit: [roll1]

Gem_Knight
2014-02-14, 07:49 AM
"Stop throwing that crap!"

She swings as he draws out the bag- swinging at the bag itself.

Opposed Disarm Check [roll0]

OOC: Dat roll >.<;

Umbranar
2014-02-14, 08:42 AM
If you stay down here I dont have to trow them, you oversized pidgeon!

Opposed disarm: -4 (not using melee weapon)
Not sure which attack to use so here are two:

Ranged attack roll: [roll0]
Melee attack roll: [roll1]
It matters little :smallbiggrin:

ooc: oeoeoe ranged roll 20 :smallamused:

Gem_Knight
2014-02-14, 01:55 PM
"If I'm a pidgeon that makes you a slug, and those bags of slime your trail."

OOC: it kinda does matter, it makes the difference between pass or fail- I'd assume melee but don't want to totally jip you so I'll wait for the DM to say which way before I either take an immediate action or my turn.

OOC2: as an extra question. having combat reflexes, and with Armas presumably provoking both on drawing the item from the bag, and on throwing a ranged weapon "in melee" (as it were xD) would i be able to attack in both instances?

OMG PONIES
2014-02-15, 09:23 AM
"If I'm a pidgeon that makes you a slug, and those bags of slime your trail."

OOC: it kinda does matter, it makes the difference between pass or fail- I'd assume melee but don't want to totally jip you so I'll wait for the DM to say which way before I either take an immediate action or my turn.

OOC2: as an extra question. having combat reflexes, and with Armas presumably provoking both on drawing the item from the bag, and on throwing a ranged weapon "in melee" (as it were xD) would i be able to attack in both instances?

From the SRD:

An attack of opportunity "interrupts" the normal flow of actions in the round. If an attack of opportunity is provoked, immediately resolve the attack of opportunity, then continue with the next character’s turn (or complete the current turn, if the attack of opportunity was provoked in the midst of a character’s turn).

Combat Reflexes and Additional Attacks of Opportunity
If you have the Combat Reflexes feat you can add your Dexterity modifier to the number of attacks of opportunity you can make in a round

Your first AoO, then, interrupts Armas drawing the tanglefoot bag. You cannot chose to disarm him with this one, since there's nothing in his hand yet. However, when he attempts to throw the item he indeed provokes another AoO. You can attempt to disarm him during this AoO.

As for whether Armas uses a ranged or melee attack roll with the tanglefoot bag, I'll ask in the Simple RAW thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17002215&postcount=1366).

EDIT: Question asked, linked above.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-15, 04:22 PM
OCC: Um, I did find this if it helps:

When you attempt a disarm, you declare the item you’re
trying to disarm, and you provoke an attack of opportunity
from the defender—the creature you’re trying to disarm. If
the defender’s attack of opportunity deals any damage, your
disarm attempt fails. Otherwise, you and the defender make
opposed melee attack rolls with your respective weapons
or items.

Emphasis Mine

Edit:
also answered (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17004634&postcount=1367) on the Q&A now.

OMG PONIES
2014-02-15, 10:00 PM
OOC: Yep, melee it is.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-15, 11:44 PM
OOC: Yep, melee it is.

OOC: So- since I interrupted Armas' turn, that makes it still his with a standard action to go >.>; yes?

Umbranar
2014-02-16, 06:07 AM
Being disarmed Armas eyes flare with fury. He inhales once more and spits a gout of flame.

Standard: Firebreath
[roll0]
Reflex 13 for half damage.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-16, 07:36 AM
reflex [roll0]

Iria yelps as that one actually stings a bit. "Fine, now we END THIS!" Iria reaches back to swing.

Standard: {Special} Attack [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Plus [roll3]
If Threat [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Mountain Hammer

Move: Iria drifts down with a sweeping turn to K9 (15feet up)

Umbranar
2014-02-17, 07:08 AM
Bleeding Armas blinks away ending 20 ft away and moves further back into the arena.

Action breakdown
Standard: Blink shirt 20 ft to P5
Move: walk 20 ft to S2
Free: take potion from pouch while moving.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-17, 08:58 AM
"Now whose the coward?"

Iria scowls as she glides while reaching into her bag.

Free Action: Release one hand on chain
Move Action: Glide to O5 (10 feet up) while drawing potion from bag
Standard Action: Drink Potion
Free Action: take back proper grip on chain

Not sure what the DC is to identify a potion by it's effect, but drinking a Potion of Cure Light Wounds

[roll0] healed plus my 1 subdual

Umbranar
2014-02-18, 03:50 AM
seeing he can not escape out of Iria`s reach to heal up Armas just goes for it and hopes for the best.

action breakdown -AoO for Iria-
Standard action: drink potion

potion effect
If not killed by AoO heal [roll0] (cure moderate wounds)

End Turn

Gem_Knight
2014-02-18, 06:00 AM
OOC: Blast it all I keep running the numbers and your out of my reach I think >.<;

IC: Iria moves up as she prowls in.

Free Action: release one hand on chain
Move Action: Fly up 5ft and over to R3 (15ft up) while Drawing a potion
Standard Action: Drink Potion
Free Action: Drop empty Potion, resume two-handed grip

Potion of Cure Light again

cure for [roll0] (*Lets not roll 1 again >.<)

Umbranar
2014-02-18, 06:41 AM
Armas steps back a little and pull another potion from a belt pouch and drinks its.

Action breakdown
Free: 5ft step to R1
Move: draw potion from beltpouch
Standard: drink potion
According to my math Im again out of reach. (assuming 20ft reach)

potion effect
cure moderate wounds: [roll0]

DM only:
HP 18/72, after this potion it would be 30/72

Gem_Knight
2014-02-18, 11:33 AM
"Now you cut that out, the audience wants to see you die, not chug cleric piss over and over again!"

She glides in roundabout hovering exactly over him at R1 (10ft up)

Move: glide to R1 (10ft up) roundabout fashion to move silly minimums
Swift: Prepare to refresh Manuvers
Standard: Attack/Refresh [roll0]
Threat [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Critical damage [roll3]

OMG PONIES
2014-02-18, 11:03 PM
The two competitors play a drinking game of sorts, each taking turns downing healing potion after healing potion. Finally, Iria breaks the game by swinging her mighty chain down at Armas, but the blow misses and instead slams into the ground with tremendous force.

http://i59.tinypic.com/220oqv.jpg

Iria's most recent attack misses! Umbranar, you're up!

Umbranar
2014-02-19, 04:17 AM
Armas grins and seems to await some action of his opponent.

Action Breakdown
Standard: Ready Action

Ready Action (dm only)
Ready to dimension door with Blink Shirt when Iria strikes. Move to O4 with this ability. then 5ft step into N5

Gem_Knight
2014-02-19, 04:47 AM
Iria scowls, no attack, no potion- what's he planning. She rolls her eyes and does all she can, knowing she's probably playing into his plan.

Standard: Attack [roll0]
threat [roll1]
damage [roll2]
critical [roll3]

Move Action: (Assuming no interruption) sweep up and circle around to r2 15ft up

OMG PONIES
2014-02-19, 07:43 AM
Iria felt like Armas was planning something, and as she hefts her spiked chain for an attack she finds out it's true. As she begins to swing, the earthbound foe teleports away from her. To add insult to injury, he takes one additional step in the opposite direction.

http://i58.tinypic.com/sayszm.jpg

Since Armas' readied action occurs before Iria's standard action, it is still her turn. She can still use a standard & move action.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-19, 05:09 PM
OOC: I kind of assumed that was intended to negate my attack? I mean- still having a standard + Move means I can still go after and attack her rendering his efforts to evade attack pretty much moot?

Iria turns her head left, right and back, catching Armas in her peripheral, "Aha! No Escaping!"

Move: fly to N5 (or O5 depending on ruling of a double diagonal--that is--going diagonally both upwards and forwards in motion) 15' up
Standard (Assuming you don't change your mind on the readied action ruling): {Special} Attack [roll0]
Threat [roll1]
Damage [roll2] plus [roll3]
Critical [roll4]

Mountain Hammer

OOC: RNG why do you mock me... apparently even if the GM still rules in my favor your stunt bought you a critical fumble on my part >.<;;;

Umbranar
2014-02-20, 04:17 AM
OOC: whats the point of a ready if you can just do whatever you like? Basicly this should waste the standard action since my ready action was to act when the strike came... If this can really happen just write off Armas and let me play my next build because this simply becomes a waste of time.

EDIT: I think its a write off anyway, could just sit down and be done with it.

OMG PONIES
2014-02-20, 07:40 AM
OOC: The point of a readied action is not to waste your opponent's action, but for you to make an action at a later time (e.g. "I sneak attack once my foe gets within 30 feet" and similar). Rather than taking place in the middle of an action, the readied action interrupts your opponent just before their action as per RAW:

You can ready a standard action, a move action, or a free action. To do so, specify the action you will take and the conditions under which you will take it. Then, any time before your next action, you may take the readied action in response to that condition. The action occurs just before the action that triggers it. If the triggered action is part of another character’s activities, you interrupt the other character. Assuming he is still capable of doing so, he continues his actions once you complete your readied action.
Emphasis mine.

It's ultimately your prerogative whether to withdraw your character from competition, but I'm not usually inclined to let one who withdraws play his next character. Updating these threads takes time and effort, not just on the part of the DM but on both competitors. To withdraw solely to play another character is to devalue the time and effort put into this game. In addition, it could set a precedent for when one tires of his next character. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I'm not trying to be draconian; I'm trying to make sure this arena is enjoyable for all. You can finish the fight by throwing yourself at your oppponent's mercy and letting them kill you (basically holding your initiative every round), but I'd prefer you not quit on this fight just to pick up another.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-22, 02:31 AM
OOC: So... are you forfeiting?

Umbranar
2014-02-23, 04:30 AM
Ooc: fine ill try though its utterly pointless.

Armas tries to get away from his opponent and takrs another potion from his belt.

Action breakdown

Move action: move to J5.
Free: draw potion while moving.
Standard: on the offchance im not interupted ill drink the potion.

Dm only
potion effect: elixer of firebreathing.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-23, 05:24 AM
OOC: since you should provoke unless you're tumbling when you leave your current square- let me start by interrupting there

"No you don't!"

Attack roll [roll0]
Threat [roll1]
"Damage" [roll2]
Critical [roll3]

Assuming all goes well you make a Reflex save DC of 10+damage or stop moving

Gem_Knight
2014-02-23, 05:30 AM
OOC: Okay since the dice are mocking me... now it matters if I made it to N5 or O5, at N5 I get a second shot at you when you continue from M5 to L5 and can attempt a trip attack... if not- then all goes well for you...

Melee Touch Attack [roll0]

Opposed Attack Roll (You may use Str or Dex) [roll1]

Edit/OOC: really- all you see is futile- all I see is the dice lashing out at me with a vengeance... dat damn opposed roll >.<;

Umbranar
2014-02-23, 07:18 AM
ooc: +12 to trips? You only add strength+feat+size tho opposed trip roll.

Opposed role: [roll0]

Gem_Knight
2014-02-23, 07:44 PM
Thought it was an opposed attack- still- doing it with the chain so I add the plus of the weapon and the +2 for spiked chain, still- means I add 6 less- god- the dice are really making me pay for that crit in the beginning of the match >.<; and it wasn't even that good a crit...

Umbranar
2014-02-24, 03:12 AM
ooc:
Spike Chain SRD quote"
Description

A spiked chain has reach, so you can strike opponents 10 feet away with it. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, it can be used against an adjacent foe.
You can make trip attacks with the chain. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the chain to avoid being tripped.
When using a spiked chain, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to avoid being disarmed if such an attempt fails).
You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a spiked chain sized for you, even though it isn’t a light weapon for you.

You dont add +2 to trip attempts, a spiked chain allows you to use the weapon to trip which is otherwise impossible (there are more weapons that do this)
Anyway I think your Trip attempt fails and Im allowed to counter trip you which could mean you fall out of the sky, heres the roll:

[roll0]

Gem_Knight
2014-02-24, 03:31 AM
Given the way the dice have begun to torment me, I may be spending the next few rounds in hell here...

opposed trip retort [roll0]
(since your own quote said I get the +2 on the opposed check to resist retort disarm- though that would imply I get it before as I thought I did... but hey- apparently the mastery of the English language possessed by WotC is more than a little subpar- just look at the definitions of Law and Chaos...)

Umbranar
2014-02-24, 03:44 AM
OOC:
Anyway, your trip attempt failed and your attack missed so I guess I drank my potion. Your turn then :smallbiggrin:

Gem_Knight
2014-02-24, 04:19 AM
Move: Glide to K5 10 feet up
Standard: Attack/refresh [roll0]
threat [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Critical [roll3]

Sadly the only reason the dice haven't manage to turn this into a total pooch-bone for me is two-fold, tactical advantage, and resource management. It takes me far less to do stuff to you then in reverse. I've used two potions and one charge on a limited use item, you've used at least 4 healing potions, now 2 other potions, at least one limited use ability- and how many tanglefoot bags?

Basically- wings and maneuvers. If I had to rely solely on my tripping the dice would have totally bowled me a strike here. And that my maneuvers are easily replenish-able- frankly makes them the most abuse-able sub-system for this kind of tournament... at least for (no surprise by now I think) Warblades getting back /all/ maneuvers each time instead of swordsage getting back one at a time or Crusader basically getting them with no action- but again- one at a time... though the no action at least brings back crusader on par in this setting... makes me curious that both of them are the two with full BAB while the one shafted for action economy is also the one only getting 3/4ths BAB?

Umbranar
2014-02-24, 07:00 AM
ooc: Ye the warblade is good as is the crusader. Advantage of the Swordsage is that he gets way more manouvers readied and known but the recovery method sucks. My char is a totemist build on grapple. A major error on my part as I do not know many MIC items since my D&D group does not play with MIC open. Each item is on request. Anyway Im down and bleeding to death after my action.

Barely standing Armas breaths a last gout of fire before collapsing.

Action Breakdown: Standard: Breath fire
[roll0] fire damage reflex 13 half.
-Armas Collapses.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-24, 01:05 PM
Reflex [roll0]

ya know come to think of it isn't that the highest you've rolled for damage yet with that breathe and thats average?

Iria glides down landing over Armas' figure. Mid motion he draws a potion and drinks it, then as she tosses down the empty flask she looks up at the crowd, "Well then I turn to you, do I grant the fool mercy or finish him while he lays there bleeding out?"

Cure Light for [roll1]

Umbranar
2014-02-24, 02:07 PM
Armas doesnt move as blood continues to flow from his wounds.

for style the stablize roll 1-10 is stable. [roll0]
Ye the firebreath was just a thing to offset someone and a my only ranged attack (xept for a crappy bow).

OMG PONIES
2014-02-25, 11:54 AM
Not that it mattered as your attempt missed, but even with Combat Reflexes you can't take more than one AoO against a foe for leaving any of your threatened squares...even if they leave more than one. From the SRD
Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn’t count as more than one opportunity for that opponent
So if they're in reach and they try to shoot an arrow at you before moving away, you'd get to take 2 AoOs. However, if they just leave 2 threatened squares, you're only entitled to one AoO. Just food for thought.
I may have missed something; how is Armas unconscious? By my count, he started at 72 HP since Totem Avatar is shaped. Damage and healing occurred as follows:
-22 crit in round 3 (post #9), 50/72 remaining.
-8 hit in round 5 (post #18), 42/72 remaining.
-17 Mountain Hammer in Round 7 (post #25), 25/72 remaining.
6 subdual damage in round 8 (post #35), 25/72 remaining and 6/25 subdual.
+11 CMW in round 9 also heals away subdual (post #43), 36/72 remaining.
-12 hit in round 10 (post #44), 24/72 remaining.
-17 Mountain Hammer in Round 11 (post #54), 7/72 remaining.
+10 CMW in round 12 (post #57), 17/72 remaining.
+12 CMW in round 13 (post #59), 29/72 remaining.
-7 hit in round 16 (post #77), 22/72 remaining.
What did I miss?

Pause, please.

Umbranar
2014-02-26, 04:39 AM
[QUOTE=Gem_Knight;17062947]
Move: Glide to K5 10 feet up
Standard: Attack/refresh [roll0]
threat [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Critical [roll3]

Takes me from 22 to 0 then I used firebreath which is strenious action for another 1 damage taking me to -1.

Edit: post 77

Edit 2 misread the post.

Means im still standing and that it is Iria's turn after my firebreath.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-26, 04:46 AM
OOC: in that case just change my landing to sweeping around over you at 10ft- keep my drinking the potion for simplicity...

Umbranar
2014-02-26, 05:02 AM
Just waiting for Ponies to approve and unpause.

OMG PONIES
2014-02-26, 09:26 AM
Approved & unpaused. :smallbiggrin:

Umbranar
2014-02-27, 06:54 AM
Armas breath in again and spits another gout of flame to his foe.

Standard: firebreath
[roll0] reflex 13 half.

Gem_Knight
2014-02-27, 08:36 AM
reflex [roll0]

Iria continues circling her prey before striking.

Move: around and up to same square over him 15ft up
Standard: {maneuver} Attack [roll1]
threat [roll2]
damage [roll3] plus [roll4]
crit [roll5]

mountain hammer

OMG PONIES
2014-02-27, 01:21 PM
Armas appears to be on his last legs at this point. Iria's chain tears his flesh, but his firy breath has less of an impact as she maneuvers in the sky to avoid the worst of it.

MAP UPDATE COMING SOON,
Armas is in J5.
Irial is in K5, but she is 15' up.

Umbranar, you're up!

Gem_Knight
2014-02-27, 04:22 PM
the idea is to be 15 ft up on the same square as him

OOC: in that case just change my landing to sweeping around over you at 10ft- keep my drinking the potion for simplicity...

emphasis included

Move: around and up to same square over him 15ft up

Umbranar
2014-03-03, 04:53 AM
OOC: dm says "tears his flesh" but my AC is higher than 20.

Armas again breaths a gout of flame.

Standard: flame breath
[roll0] reflex 13 half

OMG PONIES
2014-03-03, 07:15 AM
OOC: Not according to your character sheet. What am I missing?

Umbranar
2014-03-03, 07:38 AM
ooc: my essentia in Totem Avatar which is 2 which grants +2 to existing natural armor.

Gem_Knight
2014-03-03, 11:04 PM
Reflex [roll0]

Iria swings her chain then glides around still hovering over him

Swift: Refresh Maneuvers
Standard: Attack [roll1]
Threat [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Crit [roll4]

Move: Glide around and back to J5 10 feet up

I should point out my AC is also two higher than listed due to Stance of Clarity, +2 to one opponent, -2 to all others... seemed perfect for an arena setting.

Umbranar
2014-03-04, 03:50 AM
Armas once again dissappears and reappears about 20ft further up.
He then draws a tanglefoot bag from his pouch.

Action breakdown
Standard: Blink Shirt 20 ft away to N5
Move: draw tanglefoot bag

Gem_Knight
2014-03-04, 04:09 AM
Iria rolls her eyes, "I had been hoping you were out of those foolish things."

Move: Fly up and over to N5 15ft up
Standard: {Special} Attack [roll0]
Threat [roll1]
Damage [roll2] plus [roll3]
Crit [roll4]

Mountain Hammer

If he happens to just throw where he stands and thus provoke- and I decide to sunder the Tanglefoot bag- it's what- 1-2 hardness and 1-2 HP? Would he get stuck in his own tanglefoot? Would it just sticky his hand creating even minor temporary havoc?

Edit* Dice rage... dumb RNG gods just won't let me bleeding END this... >.<;;;

OMG PONIES
2014-03-04, 09:09 AM
It seemed that Iria's chain had struck Armas before and taken him to his last legs, but the crowd's eyes must have been playing tricks on them. The attack that seemed to have ripped his flesh had instead torn only the padding on his armor! Iria strikes and misses another time as Armas grazes her with fire. Unfazed, she strikes again, and this one is true (albeit not as brutal). As she connects with the hit, she takes a full blast of fire breath in the face, and the crowd erupts. This was the kind of fight they had paid for! Things start to mellow down again as Armas teleports away and Iria follows with a futile swing of her chain.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2relbw9.jpg

Ah, my mistake. Going forward, can you please be sure to note adjustments like that in the AC line of your character sheet? It helps for an at-a-glance reference.
While that tactic would be clever, sundering a tanglefoot bag has no RAW effect on the creature holding the bag.

Umbranar, you're up!

Umbranar
2014-03-05, 02:12 AM
Armas desperately tries to haul the bag at Iria, knowing this could mean the last thing he does in this Arena.

Standard action: trow tanglefoot bag
[roll0] ranged touch attack
If hit reflex 15 or entangled and unable to fly for [roll1] rounds.

ooc: noob question, how do I add tekst in the spoiler header :P

DM only:
HP: 11/72

Gem_Knight
2014-03-05, 03:01 AM
Interrupt

Sunder! Opposed Attack Roll (Melee)* [roll0]
*+4 for two handed weapon
Damage to the Tanglefoot Bag if I succeed

If I fail it's moot because 12 missed my ranged touch >.>;

In fact frankly it really doesn't matter how this turns out so I'm gonna post my turn under this... but it was too comical to pass up.

After which Iria flourishes an attack.

Swift: Refresh Maneuvers
Standard: Melee Attack [roll1]
Threat [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
crit [roll4]

Move: Glide/circle like a vulture coming back to N5 10 feet up

PS- use the ???? next to spoiler, or just add ="text" like so [Spoiler="text"]

Edit*PPS, the RNG gods seriously have it out for me...

RNG God: "He's winning, we can't let that happen!"

Gem_Knight
2014-03-05, 03:02 AM
oops- forgot the damage for if the sunder suceeds [roll0]

Umbranar
2014-03-05, 06:46 AM
For the sake of it: [roll0] (taking -4 i guess, its not a weapon but might be considered as a light weapon)

Never used this but is it possible in any way to try and jump the 2 feet I lack in reach and attack/grapple Iria? (should have thought of this way earlier if its possible -.-)

OMG PONIES
2014-03-05, 07:02 AM
Yes. With a 20-ft running start, you can jump up 2 feet with a Jump check (DC 8). Without a running start, the DC doubles to 16.

Umbranar
2014-03-05, 09:33 AM
Well my Jump is only 2 with this armor check so here goes nothing.

Clearly planning on snatching his opponent out of the air Armas jumps and tries to reach for Iria.

move: jump 2ft without running start [roll0]
If jump check is 16 then melee touch to start a grapple:
[roll1]
If hit grapple roll: [roll2]

ooc: close but no sigar. Think I provoke an AoO here :smallbiggrin:

Gem_Knight
2014-03-05, 07:47 PM
attack [roll0]
threat [roll1]
damage [roll2]
crit [roll3]

Standard: Manuver
attack [roll4]
threat [roll5]
damage [roll6] plus [roll7]
crit [roll8]
mountain hammer

move: fly back around to same square 15 feet up

edit: OMG why do the digital dice hate me so >.<; also that is the third time /in a row/ i got 1d20+10=15! for the attack...

Umbranar
2014-03-06, 03:49 AM
Armas has no trouble blocking and dodging the attacks. Draw a potion from a belt pouch. It seems to be his last as all belt pouches look empty

Move action: Draw a potion
Standard: Ready an action

="Readied Action - DM only"]Strike and try to grapple if Iria is within reach.

Gem_Knight
2014-03-06, 04:41 AM
attack [roll0] and I swear to god if you're another 15 I call shenanigans!
Threat [roll1]
damage [roll2]
critical [roll3]

Swift: Refresh
Standard: attack [roll4]
Threat [roll5]
damage [roll6]
critical [roll7]

Move: glide/prowl/vulture to same square 10ft up...

OOC/Edit- so-- shenanigans and a crit in the same post?... um... weird.

Umbranar
2014-03-06, 04:45 AM
OOC: its another 15 :P

Armas jumps again trying to snatch his foe.

Botched rolls see second post....

Umbranar
2014-03-06, 04:47 AM
Move: High Jump 2 ft without runnining start: [roll0]
If 16 or higher melee touch attack (standard action):
[roll1]
If hit grapple: [roll2]

If jump is not 16 or higher standard action is drink potion (provokes another AoO).

Cure Moderate Wounds: [roll3]

Gem_Knight
2014-03-06, 05:12 AM
[roll0]
Threat [roll1]
damage [roll2]
critical [roll3]

Umbranar
2014-03-06, 05:20 AM
ooc: you hit but Im alive, drinking the potion provokes another AoO.

HP: 2/72

Gem_Knight
2014-03-06, 05:32 AM
OOC: so I hit for the crit of 16, plus the 9 from the second AoO? what other AoO, there's the one before my turn that missed, then you use your readied action after my crit, then another AoO after you try to drink the potion?

Umbranar
2014-03-06, 05:41 AM
OOC: missed your crit, post 107 cant happen :smallbiggrin: Guess you finish me off anyway Im at -5 after the crit.

-5/72

Gem_Knight
2014-03-06, 06:06 AM
Iria glides down landing over Armas' figure. Mid motion She draws a potion and drinks it, then as she tosses down the empty flask she looks up at the crowd, "Well then I turn to you, do I grant the fool mercy or finish him while he lays there bleeding out?"

OOC: now that this time it (probably) isn't a false alarm XD...
OOC2: Good game anyway... dice were kind screwing us both hard there... obviously I took more note of my own dice mishaps more prominently- but I saw you had more than a few as well...

[roll0]

Umbranar
2014-03-06, 06:34 AM
ooc: ye good fight, lasted long enough. Hope the crowd is happy :P.
Learned from my mistakes and have a champion ready to rumble.

Gem_Knight
2014-03-06, 06:44 AM
yeah made a few mishaps myself- like boots that let me stand from prone without provoking- if I'd have remembered to put the 5 ranks into Balance >.<; or the stance that lets me use bigger weapons in grapple... up to one handed >.<;;;

OMG PONIES
2014-03-06, 07:37 AM
After a few wide swings that do little but cause Armas to feel a breeze, Iria finally connects in grand fashion. Her chain wraps around her opponent's throat and digs into the flesh like a hellish scarf. As she pulls it away, it twists Armas' neck and drops him to the ground, unconscious.

[roll0]

The unconscious man is losing blood as Iria stands over his body. As Iria quaffs her potion, the crowd calls for blood. "Mercy" was a dirty word around these parts; the only way they'd let this battle end was on a note of finality.

Gem_Knight
2014-03-06, 02:09 PM
With a carefree flitter of her wings (no actual movement) she proceeds to coup de grace her opponent, wrapping her chain back around his neck, and pulling until the blades cut deep into his jugular and finally slacken free from the bloody gore.

OMG PONIES
2014-03-06, 10:54 PM
Iria's chain wraps around Armas' neck, but this time it does not come back. Instead, it tightens its grip on his throat and chokes the last bit of life out of him.

[roll0]

Iria wins!