Cha 8

Fort 3
Ref 4
Will 3 (+2 vs. enchantment)

Feats:
Level 1 Spellfocus: Conjuration
Level 3 Augmented Summoning
Level 5 Improved initiative
Level 5B Extend Spell (Is there a arcane discovery worth it?)
Level 7 Improved Familiar

Traits:
Dangerously Curious (+1 UMD and it is a class skill)
Reactionary (+2 initiative)

Alternative racial trait:
Darkvision: Though uncommon, some groups of elves are born with darkvision, rather than low-light vision. In many cases this is taken as a sign of a drow in the elf's ancestry, and can lead to persecution within the elf's home community. Elves with this racial trait gain darkvision with a range of 60 feet, but also gain sensitivity to light and are dazzled in areas of bright light or within the radius of a daylight spell. This racial trait replaces low-light vision. (-1 to attack and perception rolls. It is a little bit of roleplay fluff and nightvision is neat)

Favourite Class:
Wizard: Select one arcane school power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the wizard's Intelligence modifier. The wizard adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that arcane school power.

4/2 ->
Prescience (Su): At the beginning of your turn, you may, as a free action, roll a single d20. At any point before your next turn, you may use the result of this roll as the result of any d20 roll you are required to make. If you do not use the d20 result before your next turn, it is lost. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

Everything in Red I am not certain about myself
I will be obviously summoning and trying to control the battlefield. Besides Wolfes and spiders I will probably not summoning so much pre 5th level but hey they have trip and web so at least there is something.

For HP I have the option of rolling or taking the average. Since I am a terrible person and always think strategicly, the average roll on a d6 is 3,5 right? So taking an average of 3 is worse than taking the risk and roll the dice?

Please stick to the corebooks if you give advice.
Thank you for your time =).

/EDIT: No specific setting or campaign. We are merely investigating some murders in Waterdeep.

Spore
2014-01-13, 10:08 AM
1) Change Strength and Wisdom. Weight isn't an issue outside Lv 1 where you can have horses, magic bags or cohorts to carry your stuff. If you're desperate on carrying weight, get a few scrolls of Floating Disk.

2) I tend to get Extend Spell via a Rod, because you do not extend that many spells/day and having them on their actual spell slot rather than +1 is more useful imho. That being said, Extend Rods become very pricey, so just get Extend Spell later if you really really like to extend higher level spells.

3) Get the HP as your favored class bonus. Also, if you get the average of d6 on HP, convince your DM to get 4s and 3s on the rolls. So, your 7th level Wizard would have: 6 + Con + 6 * (3.5 + Con) = 27 + 7 * Con in health.

Dimcair
2014-01-13, 11:21 AM
1) As elf and Wizard I do get quite good Wisdom saves anyway And I wanted to not decrease my CMD/Climb/Strength checks further.

2) Fair enough, but what would be an alternative? I thought about craft Wand.

3) The favourite class bonus just seems too good. Have that one spell of the day that must hit? Roll twice take the better. You want to jump over that 15foot gap in the floor? Roll twice take the better. Need to climb out of the acid pit? Etc.
I feel this is far more potent in terms of avoiding damage than +1hp per level. I would even rather switch out DEX and CON, giving me 16 CON 14 DEX if you really think I should consider it.

gartius
2014-01-13, 12:47 PM
1) swap strength-you dont need to climb as you have fly. with the CMD you have summons which will be protecting you and a -1 isnt going to make much of difference considering if a grapple heavy creature decides to grapple you probably will end up grappled. CON and DEX are much more important to keep.

2) craft wand... no craft wonderous item yes. superior summoning (UM) is another good one.

3)its good yes but you already get this 8 times a day and this will go up as you get the headband of intelligence. HPs is better in this case.

khachaturian
2014-01-13, 01:40 PM
i think that rai, the favored class bonus only applies to an arcane school power *from your specialty school* which would only give you a few more shifts per day. as a dm, i would clearly not let you pick up an arcane school power from your banned school.

for traits, may get more mileage out of second chance and magical lineage. magical lineage is one of the few metamagic reducers available in pathfinder. rime spell and dazing spell in particular can be quite effective for crowd control.

i think that augment summon and extend probably work better for clerics and druids, and wizards generally have more awesome things to spend feats on. that said, if you are committed to augment summon, consider superior summoning.

VexingFool
2014-01-13, 09:21 PM
Take pragmatic activator instead of dangerously curious if your DM will allow stuff from Ultimate Campaign.

Pragmatic Activator -
4(ranks) + 5(Int) = +9

Dangerously Curious -
4(ranks) + 3(class skill) + 1(trait bonus) -1(Cha) = +7

Bigbeefie
2014-01-13, 09:48 PM
Sup buddy.

Looks decent. I'd swap str and wis....better will saves are more important then climbing out a hole you can levitate out of.
I would go improved initiative first level. Go first and win the fight.

as for 5th level feat...go extend or craft wondrous due to your DM not giving much items and gold. you cant afford a rod of extend so you will need it and not coming across basic magic items hurt so craft them for cheap.

I agree I'd not allow the ability from a prohibited school as a DM but if you can slip it in go for it only better one is adamixture. The guy who mention rai is wrong on it being only your specialty school so ignor that.

Lastly I still think you should take the alternative racial for the elf for going weapon training for a +2 to concentration checks. You never know when casting defensively you will need it.

Dimcair
2014-01-13, 11:25 PM
1) swap strength-you dont need to climb as you have fly. with the CMD you have summons which will be protecting you and a -1 isnt going to make much of difference considering if a grapple heavy creature decides to grapple you probably will end up grappled. CON and DEX are much more important to keep.

2) craft wand... no craft wonderous item yes. superior summoning (UM) is another good one.

3)its good yes but you already get this 8 times a day and this will go up as you get the headband of intelligence. HPs is better in this case.

1) So lower strength to 8 and raise con to 16?

2) Craft wand alright. But I dont see a possibility to take superior summoning since we are talking about a wizard bonus feat? if there IS a way please explain.

3) That favourite class bonus enables me to pick any of the school abilities that are usuable x/day (not a passive bonus etc.). My DM could rule that I can't take an ability of an opposing school. However, the schools are not really banned, they just take up 2 spell slots instead of one, and we are not talking about spells. Therefore I do not think there is any problem with that. An alternative would still be admixture. Just crazy good to have and way superior to +2 hp imo.

As for VexingFool

for traits, may get more mileage out of second chance and magical lineage. magical lineage is one of the few metamagic reducers available in pathfinder. rime spell and dazing spell in particular can be quite effective for crowd control

Second Chance seems nice, but depending on the Situation I might be able to use the favourite class bonus. Still very nice. There is no feat that does the same is there? And there are spells to buff my initiative in later levels I think. I would consider that but then it is from "Pathfinder Player Companion: Faiths of Purity". I feel like this is not available for me.

However, for magical lineage...
First I need to take the feat and decide on one spell to use it.
THEN I will need the metamagic feat. (Or a rod I suppose but pre level 10 I am not sure if I can afford any).

Dazing spell allows a saving throw.
Rime Spell is just bad. If I want to stop people from charging or I want them to move half their speed...there are a million more spells that do that. If it would deny their dex bonus (making them flatfooted)... but it doesnt even do that.

Considering the amount of feats or rods and traits i need to pull this of for ONE SPELL ONLY.... meh. Possibly going first with +2 initiative, +3 Dex mod and eventually improved initiative for +4 (+9) is giving me so much more options especially as a battlefield controler.

Bigbeefie
2014-01-14, 12:02 AM
1) So lower strength to 8 and raise con to 16?

2) Craft wand alright. But I dont see a possibility to take superior summoning since we are talking about a wizard bonus feat? if there IS a way please explaine

On the website it actually says you can take just about any feat. Though idk when the errata fix happened on the wizard bonus feat.

Superior summons means +1 creature which can on some summons get you a stamped of smiters.

Dimcair
2014-01-14, 12:11 AM
On the website it actually says you can take just about any feat. Though idk when the errata fix happened on the wizard bonus feat.

Bonus Feats: At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level, a wizard gains a bonus feat. At each such opportunity, he can choose a metamagic feat, an item creation feat, or Spell Mastery. The wizard must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including caster level minimums.

Source: http://paizo.com/prd/classes/wizard.html

What fix are you talking about? What website?

Bigbeefie
2014-01-14, 11:42 AM
Source: http://paizo.com/prd/classes/wizard.html

What fix are you talking about? What website?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level, a wizard gains a bonus feat. At each such opportunity, he can choose a metamagic feat, an item creation, or Spell Mastery. The wizard must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including caster level minimums. These bonus feats are in addition to the feats that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. The wizard is not limited to the categories of Item Creation Feats, Metamagic Feats, or Spell Mastery when choosing those feats.

A wizard may also choose an Arcane Discovery that he qualifies for in place of a bonus feat at these levels.

Zubrowka74
2014-01-14, 01:40 PM
I know banned schools are not the same in PF, but do you really want to scratch Divination ? On top of that you take a favored class ability that is essentially divination.

Bigbeefie
2014-01-14, 02:10 PM
I know banned schools are not the same in PF, but do you really want to scratch Divination ? On top of that you take a favored class ability that is essentially divination.

Divination isn't a bad Prohibited school. Yes it takes up 2 spell slots BUT a lot of the spells are situation based at best and can be put on scrolls in down time. The only must have spell is detect magic so he will end up with only 3 Cantrips most the time. Doesn't hurt too bad

As Far as the Favored class ability coming from a prohibited school that is up to his DM to decide. A lot of people see it as something that doesn't seem right as how do you shun Divination but have special abilities of someone who specializes in Divination. But like I said Ill just let his DM decide on that one.

Oh and if Giving up Divination seems too much for a player they can always get the Arcane discovery.

Opposition Research
By completing strenuous studies, you have broken through the mental barriers that made it hard for you to prepare spells from one of your opposition schools.

Prerequisite: You must be at least a 9th-level Wizard to select this discovery.

Benefit: Select one Wizard opposition school; preparing spells of this school now only requires one spell slot of the appropriate level instead of two, and you no longer have the –4 Spellcraft penalty for crafting items from that school.

Dimcair
2014-01-15, 12:24 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level, a wizard gains a bonus feat. At each such opportunity, he can choose a metamagic feat, an item creation, or Spell Mastery. The wizard must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including caster level minimums. These bonus feats are in addition to the feats[/B] that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. The wizard is not limited to the categories of Item Creation Feats, Metamagic Feats, or Spell Mastery when choosing those feats.

A wizard may also choose an Arcane Discovery that he qualifies for in place of a bonus feat at these levels.

You got that wrong I'm afraid....
"Those" here referrs to the normal feats. It is only to clarify that you get your normal feat at lvl 5 but ALSO a bonus feat. Even if you would manage to grammaticly justifiy it as RAW it is certainly not RAI. It is simple logic, if you could do anything with that bonus feat and those refers to the bonus feat aswell there would be no need for the limitation on metamagic, itemcreation, etc. earlier.

As for Divination, I would argue that first of all the rules do not limit me, neither do the rules limit me to cast divination spells.
Second I would argue that my Character might have devoted some time to learn exactly that trick and only that trick.