PDA

View Full Version : Cha to Everything build compendium

Vaz
2014-01-13, 11:45 AM
I have started a game, where I have rolled an 18 in Charisma; I now get to choose what I want to do with it. Rather than "oh Sha'ir", I think I'd rather go a non-caster type build. What ways can I increase the utility of this build?

If you can find ways of increasing the Charisma higher as well from within the build, those can be included as well.

Lawful Evil
Marshal 1/Wilder 2/Battle Dancer 1/Crusader 2/Tattooed Monk 5/Ardent 3/Blackguard 2/Exemplar 4

Marshal gives Cha to Skill checks of a relevant type.
Wilder 2 gives Cha to Touch AC
Battle Dancer gives Cha to AC
Crusader gives Cha to Will (As well as Smite)
Blackguard 2 gives Cha to Saves (so, Will bonus = +2(Cha))
Tattooed Monk gives me 1/day 5 rounds of Cha to ability score; so Cha to HP if needed, or even itself to double up bonuses.
Exemplar 4 gives Cha to Conc checks and Fort Saves. (so, +2(Cha))

Ardent 3 + Practised Manifester lets me pick up PsyRef; Linked Power lets me do that on the fly. PsyRef lets me change that as I go.

What else can we come up with ?

Metahuman1
2014-01-13, 11:52 AM
Well, you could use the Player's handbook 2 rules for building an affiliation and have it grant the ritual of blood from players guide to Eberron and the Unearthly Grace racial trait as benefits. Fluff them how ever you need too. That would get you Cha to saves and AC a second time, and Cha to HP.

I'm not overly familiar with Marshal but I think there's an Aura you can get if you take the dip up too 2 levels that get's you Cha to combat maneuver checks, trips and bulls rushes and the like.

Red Fel
2014-01-13, 12:07 PM
The X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) list is your friend.

And look, that list of Cha-based boosts? Massive.

JaronK
2014-01-13, 02:57 PM
Whatever else you do, the best Charisma race would be a Venerable Unseelie Fey Dragonwrought Kobold. +5 Charisma, 0LA, and with the Winter aspect you subtract your Charisma bonus from the saves of all nearby enemies. Now you can wade in and your caster friends can kill everyone.

Consider also using 5 levels of Scarlet Corsair or Dread Pirate along with some Fearsome armor and the Imperious Command feat... now enemies in a wide area must save or cower for Cha bonus rounds, and you can do it as a move action.

JaronK

GreenSerpent
2014-01-13, 04:44 PM
For super saves, work in Paladin 2 and Witch Hunter 1 there. Get CHA to saves twice!

Spore
2014-01-13, 07:05 PM
For super saves, work in Paladin 2 and Witch Hunter 1 there. Get CHA to saves twice!

Blackguard AND Paladin? Not legally doable.

JaronK
2014-01-13, 07:38 PM
Blackguard AND Paladin? Not legally doable.

I believe Paladin of Tyranny with Blackguard is weird but possible. But Hexblade + Paladin works a bit better, even though the Hexblade save bonus is only against spells.

JaronK

The-Mage-King
2014-01-13, 08:46 PM
Well, there's THIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11335643&postcount=5) monster I tossed together.

Paladin of Tyranny is good instead of Battle Dancer if you take two levels of it.

Actually might be better in general, thinking about it.

EDIT: Wow, I'm so smart, forgetting the link. :smallredface:

rollforeigninit
2014-01-13, 10:43 PM
While Blackguard Cha to saves may stack with Crusader's +Cha to Will saves in RAW, it does not stack with Paladin's Divine Grace.

Warlock can net you +Cha to any one save (variable).