PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions...

jumpydady
2014-01-13, 01:42 PM
ok first question is about arcane spellcasting...

there are certain spellcaster that can cast spell with light armor without arcane failure... now my question is... if this character uses a mithral medium armor... or a celestial chain, what woud happen? theoricaly it says the armor is counted as light armor... but what about the spellcasters does it count as light armor for caster in relation of arcane failure?

second question is maybe more of advice... is there a feat that give us similar ability as the "shock trooper" feat in 3.5?

prufock
2014-01-13, 02:01 PM
Medium armors made of mithril count as light, so any caster that can cast in light armor without spell failure % can do so in, for example, mithril breast plate.

How similar to Shock Trooper does it need to be? It has several parts. For instance, a goliath with Knockback gets a free bull rush attempt, but no other benefit of Shock Trooper. Reckless offense lets you trade -4 AC for +2 attack, but nothing else. With Power Attack that can be trading AC for Damage instead, as Shock Trooper does, but limited.

Headlong Charge deals double damage on a charge. Furious Charge gives you +4 to hit instead of +2. Combat Brute gives you extra Power Attack on a charge. Shield Charge/Shield Slam can trip or daze on a charge. Bloodspiked Charge will give you extra damage. Flying Kick likewise. Ditto Powerful Charge and Greater Powerful Charge.

It really depends on what about Shock Trooper you want to emulate. Is there a reason you're trying to replace Shock Trooper?

jumpydady
2014-01-13, 02:08 PM
of course im talking about the headless charge why would someone else take that feat? :P

prufock
2014-01-13, 02:26 PM
Well it is the best part, but the other abilities are useful in a sumo, dungeoncrasher, or ping-pong/bowling ball build.

Anyway, Reckless Offense + Power Attack is a limited version of Heedless Charge. The rest of my suggestions are more general charging options for extra damage etc.

jumpydady
2014-01-13, 02:31 PM
okidoki thx, man this reckless offence means if i charge ill get -6 armor and +4 attack :( weak....

prufock
2014-01-13, 02:54 PM
okidoki thx, man this reckless offence means if i charge ill get -6 armor and +4 attack :( weak....

It's weaker that Shock Trooper, but the real point of either of these is to use it in conjunction with Power Attack. Charging, you'll have -6 AC, +2 damage. Not great by any means but still useful with PA optimization (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7165087) if Shock Trooper isn't allowed.

jumpydady
2014-01-13, 03:06 PM
yeah... how unfortunate... still thx mate