PDA

View Full Version : Sanctum Spell + Cure Light Wounds

RolandDeschain
2014-01-13, 03:40 PM
How would the feat Sanctum Spell affect Cure Light Wounds?

For the record, it is exactly what it sounds like, I'm attempting early entry to a PrC that requires casting 2nd level spells.

I have the feats Dragon Prophesier, Prophecy's Shepard, and want to take Prophecy's Shaper to get Empowered, Quickened Healing spells.

Segev
2014-01-13, 03:42 PM
Within your sanctum, with it modified by that feat, Cure Light Wounds would be a second level spell you cast out of a first level slot. Outside your sanctum, that same spell would be a 0th level spell you cast out of a 1st level slot.

Personally, I like using Sanctum Spell to cram 4th level spells into arrows of spell storing. They're still cast out of a 4th level slot, but now they're 3rd level spells outside the Sanctum, so they can fit in the spell storing tag's limits.

Fouredged Sword
2014-01-13, 03:42 PM
It would alter the save when attempting to harm undead. +1 while in your sanctum, -1 when outside of it.

RolandDeschain
2014-01-13, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys, would the numerical values be the same? 1d8 + CL worth of healing?

I also like the idea of using Sanctum Spell to get 4th level spells into items of Spell Storing as well. I wonder if I can "retrain" the feat later...

Segev
2014-01-13, 04:19 PM
The numbers that are not derived from spell level stay the same. The only one that would with CLW is its save, which really only undead targets need worry about.

Diarmuid
2014-01-13, 04:28 PM
The bonus from something like Augment Healing or whatever the feat name is would also change (+2/lvl of healing spell)

RolandDeschain
2014-01-14, 04:54 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would bump this one.

My feat selection allows me to Empower spells for free(Dragon Prophesier + Prophecy's Shaper) for six rounds. By making CLW my Sanctum Spell I can empower it and next level I can start Empowering 1st level wizard spells. I've read many threads about whether or not Empowering spells is worth it, but in this case it's free so I was wondering what are some good 1st level or 0 level spells to Empower.

So far I've come up with Power Word Pain. Any suggestions?