PDA

View Full Version : Sor/Wiz Spells that are usually unused that get better/awesome if cast by undead?

kkplx
2014-01-14, 03:56 AM
Hey there!

I've been scouring the spell list of Wizards whenever I got a new level, looking for stuff outside of the usual suspects (stinking cloud, glitterdust, solid fog etc), but I'd hate to miss some flavorful/unexpected/effective combinations that are possible with my Necropolitan Wizard.

I'm about to reach level 11, collegiate generalist wizard, which means 1 new spell of every level known and my first level 6 spells.

Any pointers and ideas would be appreciated =)

Vaz
2014-01-14, 06:26 AM
Polymorphing into a form with a Con score of 11+, then Suffer The Flesh for -10 Con, +5 Caster Level, cast a spell and dismiss the polymroph, no harm done.

Jeff the Green
2014-01-14, 07:07 AM
Any AoO you're immune to is nice. Stinking cloud you've mentioned, but there are others.

Unfortunately, becoming undead makes alter self worse, since undead HD is so sucky and so they have to be bloated to reach the proper CR.

kkplx
2014-01-14, 07:31 AM
Polymorphing into a form with a Con score of 11+, then Suffer The Flesh for -10 Con, +5 Caster Level, cast a spell and dismiss the polymroph, no harm done.

Because polymorph has as a target "one living creature touched" that spell is actually completely removed from my repertoire :(

Psyren
2014-01-14, 09:13 AM
There's always the old standby of centering burst enchantments on yourself - stuff like Sleep, Confusion etc.

Any AoO you're immune to is nice. Stinking cloud you've mentioned, but there are others.

Did you mean "AoE" here?