PDA

View Full Version : So I took this survey, see ...

Suteinu
2014-01-14, 10:53 AM
... one of those "What D&D Class Are You" surveys, y'know? Anyway, this is what was produced:

Human NG Cleric 2/Bard 1/Swashbuckler 3
S- 13, D- 16, C- 14, I-14, W- 14, C-13

I'd like some help with build ideas. In real life, I am a musician, train in eastern and western MA, and am an avid reader. In swordwork, I favor sword-and-buckler (English and German styles are what I've trained in, but I'm trying to decipher Destreza), but am unsure how to reflect this without blowing too many feats. I also am far more likely to talk my way out of a fight (broken sound equipment and broken noses usually aren't worth it).

Ideas?

Edit: I was in a hurrry when I typed this before. Didn't mean for it to sound like a Personal:smalleek: "Long walks on beaches ..."

Nightraiderx
2014-01-15, 07:30 AM
That cleric should be cloister cleric, for the skill points. you don't have utilization
for heavy armor.

"am a musician" is to bland, depends how many instruments you know how
to play. grab performance skill through a domain if you can, maybe milli?

Get diplomacy on a class list, possibly martial study/martial stance feats
or through a domain choice

Improved Unarmed Strike with Perform (weapon drill) for your MA styles.

Also take the bardic knack alternate ability for skills you don't know.

Suteinu
2014-01-15, 08:27 AM
Thanks, Nightraiderx. Diplomacy is easy to make a foundation-skill, as it's on teh claric and the bard skill lists. Performance calls for 3 focuses (wind inst., sinsins, and weapon drill, which I can't believe I didn't think of). I'm also going to try to get Knowledge Devotion at 3rd level. Once I decide on domains, I'll post a draft.

Nightraiderx
2014-01-15, 08:38 AM
If you happened to have saved what the survey was others can join in and we can create ourselves lulz. Not a problem.

Slipperychicken
2014-01-15, 10:58 AM
Sword and Buckler = Martial Weapon Proficiency (already gained in-class, I think).
Musician = Ranks in Perform (Applicable).
Reader = Ranks in Knowledge skills.
Martial Arts = Improved Unarmed Strike, plus maybe a combat maneuver feat like Improved Trip, Martial Study (Setting Sun maneuver), or Snap Kick.

If you trained in a finesse-able weapon, weapon finesse (that) might be the way to go. You do qualify for Power Attack, so that's an option too.

Suteinu
2014-01-15, 01:13 PM
www.easydamus.com/character.html
Over 70 questions, so give yourself some time :smallwink:

My feats & such are as follows:
Traits: Absentminded (just ask my wife)
Flaws: Shaky, Near-sighted
Feats: Active Shield Defense (house-ruled: eliminate Shield Sp. prereq, but must select a shield-type for this feat), Apprentice/ Mentor, Combat Reflexes, Deadly Defense, Imp. Unarmed Strike, Knowledge Devotion, Weapon Finesse

Gazzien
2014-01-15, 02:30 PM
www.easydamus.com/character.html
Over 70 questions, so give yourself some time :smallwink:

My feats & such are as follows:
Traits: Absentminded (just ask my wife)
Flaws: Shaky, Near-sighted
Feats: Active Shield Defense (house-ruled: eliminate Shield Sp. prereq, but must select a shield-type for this feat), Apprentice/ Mentor, Combat Reflexes, Deadly Defense, Imp. Unarmed Strike, Knowledge Devotion, Weapon Finesse

How'd you get Swashbuckler from that..? I've never seen that happen on that site. Was hoping there was another one... oh well. [I ended up as a LE Elf Wizard 3, for reference, with S/D/Co/I/W/Ch 14/16/14/18/15/14 before racials, but yaaaay bias]

The "Deadly Defense" feat only applies when you don't have a Shield, which... doesn't seem like your plan?

Metahuman1
2014-01-15, 02:43 PM
Chaotic Good Human Fighter/Sorcerer (2nd/2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 14
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 11
Charisma- 12

This is what I got.

I'd like to submit that I'd likely actually have either swordsage or Warblade in place of fighter, and that I might, might, have Wu-gen in place of sorcerer.

Zerathize
2014-01-15, 05:23 PM
NE Human Sorcerer(4th lvl)
STR-11
CON-14
DEX-17
WIS-12
INT-16
CHA-16

Very close to NG. And under the detailed view, no listing for Swashbuckler?

FabulousFizban
2014-01-15, 05:32 PM
CN Elf Sorcerer (3rd lvl)

Ability scores
STR - 8
DEX - 14
CON - 11
INT - 16
WIS - 14
CHA - 11

before racials i assume? Yikes! a sorcerer with an eleven charisma. There is an archtype or something that uses int instead isn't there?

Next closest were Rogue and Druid. Lol, -25 for Paladin.

tadkins
2014-01-15, 06:09 PM
True Neutral Human Druid (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 10
Dexterity- 9
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 12
Wisdom- 10
Charisma- 10

Sounds about right in my case. :) Though the lower WIS would hurt.

Suteinu
2014-01-16, 08:35 AM
Gazzien: "How'd you get Swashbuckler from that..? I've never seen that happen on that site. Was hoping there was another one... oh well. [I ended up as a LE Elf Wizard 3, for reference, with S/D/Co/I/W/Ch 14/16/14/18/15/14 before racials, but yaaaay bias]

The "Deadly Defense" feat only applies when you don't have a Shield, which... doesn't seem like your plan?"

I did fudge the Swashbuckler. It came out Fighter, but I know what kind of fighter I am, and I figured, since the list isn't exactly complete, why not? Metahuman 1 can relate :smallwink:

As for the Deadly Defense... RATS!! I overlooked that! While it now offers versitility, it's not quite what I was going for. Back to the drawing board ...

And is it just me, or is this survey REALLY impartial? As in no optimization at all? Sorcerer, Cha 11, Druid, Wis 12; what a fantastic place for Spellcasting Prodegy.